• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TWEWY -Live Remix- to be terminated in February

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Sad news for all fans of The World Ends With You. Square Enix has just announced that The World Ends With You -Live Remix- is going to be terminated February 28th.

For those of you unfamiliar with the title, TWEWY -Live Remix- is a free social game made in collaboration between Square Enix and GREE. It takes place within Shibuya, with the players controlling one of various familiar characters from the original game. They join together in teams of 20, and are tasked with taking down Ringleader Noise in order to earn points and win the weekly Reaper's Game.

The game originally released on Android devices May 20th and iOS devices on August 5th last year, but apparently its userbase never grew much beyond its initial numbers, which is most likely the reason behind its termination. It was technically released outside of Japan, though strangely never translated into English, which might explain the lack of players willing to play it in order for it to keep going.

Naturally, we had to ask GREE further about this, and when we reached out to them about a potential English translation, their official response was:

"We appreciate your interest in this game, however, we are sorry to tell you that it is only available in Japanese. The release of the English version is still undecided at this point. Thank you."

Who knows, perhaps the resources for the game were better suited for developing a proper sequel to the original The World Ends With You in the first place. What do you think?

Source: Square Enix

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
That... Was very sudden. I remember reading about a The World Ends With You social game and thought it was a novel idea that was going to be a success, but ended up being a catastrophic success as we can all contemplate. Perhaps if they had dared translate the game into English the user would have expanded. Sad news indeed. From video I saw in YouTube, this looked like a nice game to play.

Now give us TWEWY2 or are we just never addressing the "Super Secret Ending" from TWEWY Solo Remix or the whole "See you in Shibuya" bs in KH3D?
I concur, Master Spockanort. It has been a year since those tidbits.

I like her design.

RIP Live Remix, you were the social game that was a real game, not card collection bullshit.
My thoughts exactly.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The whole thing made no sense.
It wasn't doing well in Japan, which shows that there wasn't much variety to the game and that it wasn't fund to play, which is why they decided to release it in other regions (and include the over-priced microtransactions).
Square Enix then shot themselves in the foot by saying in the iTunes description "Available in the following languages:" and then listing all the languages under the sun, only to have it be available in Japanese. That's an instant turn off. Hopefully they have realised the big mistake they took with this.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Time to continue theorizing what Tatsuya Kando is doing now that Live Remix is ending. No way he's just overseeing Success Inc. with KHx.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
I would kill for a sequel on the 3Ds with a layered sprite style that gives depth to the bakground once the 3d is turned on,maybe with a full 3d battle system with the noise.

That's just me, tho

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Stop fucking up and just give us TWEWY2, Square Enix.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The whole thing made no sense.
It wasn't doing well in Japan, which shows that there wasn't much variety to the game and that it wasn't fund to play, which is why they decided to release it in other regions (and include the over-priced microtransactions).
Square Enix then shot themselves in the foot by saying in the iTunes description "Available in the following languages:" and then listing all the languages under the sun, only to have it be available in Japanese. That's an instant turn off. Hopefully they have realised the big mistake they took with this.
I cannot believe this (I know you are being serious, it is just that this is all wow to me). A video game company made this basic of a mistake regarding a game?! "Inconceivable", as Kefka Palazzo would say. I know that "the bigger they are, the harder they fall", but this is harder than hard, almost face palm... ish. 0_0

Time to continue theorizing what Tatsuya Kando is doing now that Live Remix is ending. No way he's just overseeing Success Inc. with KHx.
Was he not the one that was looking for members for a rock band based on The World Ends With You one?

I would kill for a sequel on the 3Ds with a layered sprite style that gives depth to the bakground once the 3d is turned on,maybe with a full 3d battle system with the noise.

That's just me, tho
I like your idea.

Stop diddlying up and just give us TWEWY2, Square Enix.
I hope I am not the only one that was impressed with the proportion of "epic fail" concentrated into what TWEWY Live Remix turned into.

:( I wanted a translation...

I, too, wanted to give it a try, but if microtransanctions were as pricey as they have stated, then I would have tried to play it a bit more and delete it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was he not the one that was looking for members for a rock band based on The World Ends With You one?

Nope, that was Composer Takeharu Ishimoto. Not really sure what's going on with that either, after that random audition for another vocalist (though all things considered, Ritsu was brought on to debut in a new game composed by Ishimoto, not to perform in a band).

I'd like to hope that it's moving well along, but after all the changes brought around by Matsuda, it's really hard to say.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
So, in other words, key members of the The World Ends With You team are busy?

The few that we know of do have at least one other project they're involved in, yes - Kando with KHx and Ishimoto with FF Agito - but those are both social games, and one of them has been outsourced. And of course Nomura's busy with his flagships and all the little titles inbetween.

I don't know, they've been suggesting that there's something more to The World Ends With You, but so far it's a whole lot of nothing. Low expectations anyway; be prepared if there's something, but don't expect anything.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
And nobody knows what other!Hiroyuki Ito (not the FF one) is doing. I think he worked on Solo Remix & Live Remix then vanished into thin air.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
What are the chances the two Hiroyuki Ito's are just locked away in the basement somewhere?

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
My heart just shattered.

RIP Live Remix, you were the social game that was a real game, not card collection bullshit.
Yeah, because it's pin collection bullshit instead?

I played Live Remix and it's godawful (like almost every other Gree game in existence), it's essentially a bastardized version of Solo Remix with micro transactions at every corner, no wonder even in Japan it never caught up.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Even though it's apparently sucky and I never cared for it, because it's a TWEWY game I shall mourn it's death.

Aaaaand, done mourning.
I'm a little bummed that the latest TWEWY news is this, and, you know, not about the sequel. Meh.

VenTer

Awards
I have played this game in the DS and it was great. But though I wanna play this app but I can't because it costs $19.00 and it's expensive for us since I'm from the Philippines :frown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back