• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► TWEWY Final Remix's "A New Day" featured in latest issue of Famitsu

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The World Ends With You -Final Remix- was featured in the August 23rd issue of Famitsu this week, delivering brand new art by lead character art designer Gen Kobayashi, information on the brand new scenario called "A New Day", and details about the new pins and gameplay features of the upcoming Nintendo Switch title. 

Thanks to Zephyr, we have translations of the scans below:

There’s a new day–
The Reaper’s game ‘Hard Mode'

Information on the new scenario ‘A NEW DAY’ arrives. Check out Gen Kobayashi’s new hand-drawn illustration and comments below!

A NEW DAY
On that day, an image starts appearing in Neku’s mind.
Skyscrapers disappear one after another and he hears someone’s voice.
“All will soon disappear.”
Neku realized he was at the scramble intersection.
He was at a different place a while ago, what on earth?
The confused Neku receives a familiar message on his cellphone.
It’s the Reaper's game called “Hard Mode”.
It informed him that it would start…

Lead Character Art Designer
Comments from Mr. Gen Kobayashi

It’s an illustration of Neku and his friends participating in the Reaper's Game against the reapers and the timer. The game where life and death sets in the city of Shibuya begins! My purpose was to create a tense illustration. Previously, I had wanted to draw a composition where they were against the timer and this time I was finally able to realize it with the illustration for Final Remix.

Ported from the Nintendo DS to the Nintendo Switch, this title has been enhanced in various aspects. ‘A NEW DAY’ is a new scenario that becomes available after the main storyline. The protagonist Neku will challenge the Reaper's game ‘Hard Mode’ and he will die if he can’t complete the mission. Details of the mission: Escape from Shibuya within 24 hours. What truth will be revealed at the end…?

A reaper who loves fashion in Harajuku whom appears in ‘A NEW DAY’. She’s a cheerful and clever person. This girl is a key person!?

There are five different missions in a battle. They can happen simultaneously. These missions can also help Neku.  

Curse Mission
Neku’s HP gradually decreases in battle.

Sync Rave Mission
The amount that accumulates on your synchro gauge doubles during battle.

Split Mission
Noise can split into more noise in battle.

Raven Ball Mission
You'll receive damage when you touch spheres that appear during battle.

Restore Mission
Neku’s HP is slightly recovered each time he defeats a Noise during battle.

New Noise from ‘A NEW DAY’ can be recognized by a purple symbol when you perform ‘Psychic Scanning’.
Conquer new enemies and mini-games with the power of badges!

In ‘A NEW DAY’, there are enemies that are different from normal ones and a system where missions can occur during battle. Use the power of new badges and clear the way! Badges used for battle can also be used in the mini-game ‘Marble Slash’. Careful not to get too addicted and delay the progress of the story!

Using Joy-Cons, you can enjoy ‘Share Play’. If you happen to get stuck during the new content, you may be able to get through them if you play with a friend.

New badges also appear in ‘A NEW DAY’

In battle, perform the controls mentioned for each equipped badge and activate the ability. When equipped with a specific badge, there are also “set badges” which makes it possible to use powerful abilities and activate special effects. Here are the new badges that’ll be available in ‘A NEW DAY’:

New Badge
Tyrant Rakshasa
(Translator's Note: Rakshasa is a man-eating demon in Hinduism/Buddhism)
Tap on a Noise and you’ll project swords in that direction. Even if you’re faraway, it can still be useful when aimed because it hits multiple times and you can expect damage.

New Badge
Witchcraft
Activate by slashing Noise top to bottom. Attack from the top, and scatter the flames in a radial pattern. It’s one of the most powerful set badges.

Marble Slash is one of the popular games in this world. If Neku clears this mission, he can compete in the tournament.

Become Skilled at Marble Slash

In Marble Slash, you slash your badges in a similar manner to marbles. You can use techniques to stun other badges. There’s also an outcome where your badge can be revived when it falls out of the stage. Overcome badges with various features!

The strategy depends on the stage. Special moves have a limit on the number of times it can be used so know when to use them!

The issue also included a little blurb about Kingdom Hearts 3:

A magnificent adventure awaits you in new worlds!

In the latest title KINGDOM HEARTS III, worlds such as Frozen and Big Hero 6 have made a big hit worldwide. It continues further on the adventure and completes the Dark Seeker saga. Furthermore, there will be mini-games that’ll enrich the experience. From rhythm to cooking mini-games, various kinds will be included!

Remember to follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on TWEWY, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: TWEWY Final Remix's "A New Day" featured in latest issue of Famitsu

(Editor's note: I can finally get my greasy TWEWY news in the KH3 section and nobody can say a thing 8D )

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Marble Slash~

"plz look forward to all the minigames in this, here, latest line of square games." - Square

Each time they bring up more multiplayer abilities, I want a 2nd Switch in this house.

Megavoltage

Awards

I'm really happy about New Day, they went the extra mile making new content instead of just a port. Can't wait!

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

Is there any substantial new content or is it all just gameplay adjustments? Will old fans have anything new and exciting to look forward to?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Is there any substantial new content or is it all just gameplay adjustments? Will old fans have anything new and exciting to look forward to?
The OP goes into extensive detail about a brand new scenario with new cutscenes, new noise, and challenges during gameplay.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

The OP goes into extensive detail about a brand new scenario with new cutscenes, new noise, and challenges during gameplay.

Read: Substantial

I'm curious if the new content is as deep as a full new story or if the new scenes and scenarios are more built around introducing the hard mode.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Read: Substantial

I'm curious if the new content is as deep as a full new story or if the new scenes and scenarios are more built around introducing the hard mode.
Read: it’s an entirely new mode over a 24 hour time period in-game. It will most likely take a few hours to complete. It isn’t a hard mode version of the game, it’s the reapers bringing Neku back in for a day to try to murder him.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

“A New Day” is a completely brand new scenario. Based on the description, Neku is dragged back into the game to participate in their “Hard Mode” (not a function of the game but a function of “the Reaper’s Game” that just so happens to present brand new gameplay mechanics for this scenario) where it looks like they get one final chance to erase the Players that survived the insane three-week Reaper’s Game before.

It looks like these new features are only available in “A New Day”, so they haven’t added a new mode to play the full game in. Within this scenario, we seem to be faced with the revival of certain enemies for the purpose of this one-day game along with the looming destruction of Shibuya.

What is likely happening is that Joshua decided against destroying Shibuya but some more-powerful entity has stepped in and is going to destroy Shibuya anyways unless they can prove Shibuya is worth saving, which is why the Players and dead Reapers have returned and why Coco is using the Taboo Sigil to bring the Reapers back.

Dragon

Hey, does anyone know what the available Situation Command is in the new Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshot? I can't make out the icon next to the text so I thought it might be the next transformation after Blizzard Blades. Or it could just be Blizzaza or something. Anyone know?

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Hey, does anyone know what the available Situation Command is in the new Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshot? I can't make out the icon next to the text so I thought it might be the next transformation after Blizzard Blades. Or it could just be Blizzaza or something. Anyone know?

Judging from the shape/number of the letters, I think it says Spinning Cup (スピニングカップ). There are too many letters for it to be Blizzaza or etc.

raR45y3.jpg

wqLKxne.png

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

“A New Day” is a completely brand new scenario. Based on the description, Neku is dragged back into the game to participate in their “Hard Mode” (not a function of the game but a function of “the Reaper’s Game” that just so happens to present brand new gameplay mechanics for this scenario) where it looks like they get one final chance to erase the Players that survived the insane three-week Reaper’s Game before.

It looks like these new features are only available in “A New Day”, so they haven’t added a new mode to play the full game in. Within this scenario, we seem to be faced with the revival of certain enemies for the purpose of this one-day game along with the looming destruction of Shibuya.

What is likely happening is that Joshua decided against destroying Shibuya but some more-powerful entity has stepped in and is going to destroy Shibuya anyways unless they can prove Shibuya is worth saving, which is why the Players and dead Reapers have returned and why Coco is using the Taboo Sigil to bring the Reapers back.

Joshua mentioned his parents in the game. Seeing as how he's a god-like entity, is it safe to assume that his parents are as all powerful as well? Maybe that higher presence beyond Joshua are his parents? Maybe they don't see him fit to run the city?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Joshua mentioned his parents in the game. Seeing as how he's a god-like entity, is it safe to assume that his parents are as all powerful as well? Maybe that higher presence beyond Joshua are his parents? Maybe they don't see him fit to run the city?

I don’t think it is his parents. Joshua always struck me as a guy who passed away at the very least a few decades ago as a human before he climbed the ranks and became the Composer. His words about how he was a human who could see spirits always came off as one of the truths he told, but merely omitted that he had long since died and was actually Shibuya’s “ruler”. (Perhaps he died in the 70s/80s considering how it is implied he is a younger Composer? The blend of new wave, hip-hop, techno, and rock music were primarily in the forefront of the 80s music scene. “Yoshiya” as a name was more commonly used in that time period, too.)

Joshua does have superiors above him, specifically the Angels in the Higher Plane. He reports to them, and it was stated at the end of TWEWY that both Mr. H and Joshua would have to face the consequences of everything surrounding the three-week Game.

Last edited:

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I don’t think it is his parents. Joshua always struck me as a guy who passed away at the very least a few decades ago as a human before he climbed the ranks and became the Composer. His words about how he was a human who could see spirits always came off as one of the truths he told, but merely omitted that he had long since died and was actually Shibuya’s “ruler”. (Perhaps he died in the 70s/80s considering how it is implied he is a younger Composer? The blend of new wave, hip-hop, techno, and rock music were primarily in the forefront of the 80s music scene. “Yoshiya” as a name was more commonly used in that time period, too.)

Joshua does have superiors above him, specifically the Angels in the Higher Plane. He reports to them, and it was stated at the end of TWEWY that both Mr. H and Joshua would have to face the consequences of everything surrounding the three-week Game.

True! Thanks for the reminder and insight. Depending on the new scenario's outcome, perhaps TWEWY2 would revolve around the Higher Plane testing Joshua into staying as Composer, with Mr. H as his Partner?

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Judging from the shape/number of the letters, I think it says Spinning Cup (スピニングカップ). There are too many letters for it to be Blizzaza or etc.

Interesting that these finishers have theme park names as well. I'm not familiar with the system. Someone who's played the demo may be able to clarify, but do these forms seque into Attraction Flow? Because the second command listed was Merry-Go-Round in your clearer screen.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Interesting that these finishers have theme park names as well. I'm not familiar with the system. Someone who's played the demo may be able to clarify, but do these forms seque into Attraction Flow? Because the second command listed was Merry-Go-Round in your clearer screen.

It isn’t a finisher. All of the specials are stacked on top of each other above the command menu. You can cycle between the ones you want to use with L1 if I remember correctly. You can activate a new situation command at any time, be it a spell finisher or an Atteaction Flow or any other special attack. Obviously triggering a new situation command cancels out the previous ones, but rather than waste one you can trigger the finisher and then move to use the next one.

But it’s been awhile so I can’t remember too well.

Rydgea

Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Aaah, it's the SCs that were brought in with 0.2, which I'd already forgotten about. tyty

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

It isn’t a finisher. All of the specials are stacked on top of each other above the command menu. You can cycle between the ones you want to use with L1 if I remember correctly. You can activate a new situation command at any time, be it a spell finisher or an Atteaction Flow or any other special attack. Obviously triggering a new situation command cancels out the previous ones, but rather than waste one you can trigger the finisher and then move to use the next one.

But it’s been awhile so I can’t remember too well.
L2, actually! In 0.2 you use the up button on the D-Pad to select which one you wanted but now pressing L2 can swap between then :D

Perkilator

Awards

Neku in Smash Bros, anyone? I know Geno or Sora would be more logical choices, but I’d kinda like to dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back