• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► tv + gaming monitor

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Oberon

So I'm moving into a new place, and because of that, I won't have a TV anymore. So I figured since I want to build a PC anyway, why not knock out two birds with one stone and just get a monitor that's big enough to be a tv as well?

I'm probably not going to go much bigger than 27 inches on this, btw. So far I've found some nice flatscreen tv's by samsung and sony, but I don't know what monitors exist for PC that double as a tv too. Halp meh.

- Refresh rate isn't a concern of mine.
- Contrast is obv important since it'll be a tv as well.
- Needs a stand (only applies if it's a tv obviously).

Thank you for helping KHI <3

D

Deleted member 36435

Go with a Sony Bravia, I use it and have had no issues using it for a monitor. It has buttloads of options too and the contrast is p good. Mine came with a stand but I have it mounted on a wall.

go with 120 refresh if you can

D

Deleted member 36435

That looks a lot similar to the one I have, it's lovely and you can always mount it to a wall. D:

O

Oberon

Aight. Well I'mma keep looking for something just a tad smaller. if I don't find anything or someone doesn't suggest something else, I'm going with that. I'm not buying one until late this month anyway so it doesn't matter at the moment. Just planning ahead and whatnot.

RTP49

i’m gay
Awards
mm, the only problem i've had with using an lcd as a television is that occasionally the native resolution is only 1280x720 and as such it looks really funky (in the case of the bravia it's 1080p so it's not too bad), but even then the pixel size would still be a bit larger than it would natively on your typical 24in monitor, which can be unsettling for a while.

i've been using a 28" hanns-g hg281d (discontinued, but hanns-g has better 28~in monitors at the same price these days i bet) for the past two years now, and it's done a fantastic job given it's extremely low price and specifications. (plus it has a 3ms response time, which is not too shabby given how large it is) the only real complaint is the viewing angle; if being able to play a game/watch television at angles exceeding 45° on a vertical or horizontal plane with pitch perfect picture is an absolute necessity, chances are buying a hanns-g monitor isn't ideal. otherwise, that bravia looks pretty beefy; if you can acquire that exact model for $300 i'd go for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back