• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trying to get used to the special commands...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSnilloc

Mmkay, so the first time I played KH1 a long time ago I didn't pay much attention to either summons or special battle commands (like Ragnarok). I played it plenty since then, but I've never given them much attention until now. I've gotten a much better feel for the summons...

Simba - Great for when you're surrounded
Genie - Great for attacking multiple enemies fast, alternatively great for dealing a lot of damage to a single enemy (a boss)
Bambi - Helpful for restoring magic, also for spamming magic.
Dumbo - Good way to avoid damage and deal a lot of it.
Tinkerbell - Lasts forever! Great for healing of course without having to waste magic. (also Donald & Goofy get to stay out)
Mushu - Haven't figured anything useful about this one, though I did use it to take out some Wyverns.

So I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but these are fun/useful. The special battle commands I've yet to figure out how to use effectively though, Ars Arcanum I've used on humans in the Coliseum, but outside that all I've found is that it will kill Wizards before they do their "lighting" attack. Any help or tips would be appreciated :)

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I haven't summon once outside of special boss (gigashadow) and I just reached hollow bastion. I start using tink soon but other then that, I don't consider summoning.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Mmkay, so the first time I played KH1 a long time ago I didn't pay much attention to either summons or special battle commands (like Ragnarok). I played it plenty since then, but I've never given them much attention until now. I've gotten a much better feel for the summons...

Simba - Great for when you're surrounded
Genie - Great for attacking multiple enemies fast, alternatively great for dealing a lot of damage to a single enemy (a boss)
Bambi - Helpful for restoring magic, also for spamming magic.
Dumbo - Good way to avoid damage and deal a lot of it.
Tinkerbell - Lasts forever! Great for healing of course without having to waste magic. (also Donald & Goofy get to stay out)
Mushu - Haven't figured anything useful about this one, though I did use it to take out some Wyverns.

So I'm a bit slow on the uptake, but these are fun/useful. The special battle commands I've yet to figure out how to use effectively though, Ars Arcanum I've used on humans in the Coliseum, but outside that all I've found is that it will kill Wizards before they do their "lighting" attack. Any help or tips would be appreciated :)

Not only Bambi is useful for spamming magic, it also nets you items like Shards, Gems, and restoratives. It can help a lot in early-game synthesis before you have Lucky Strike and Encounter Plus.

Also, I find that Wizards' Thunder isn't as annoying as their teleport. Retreating to hover above a void and spamming Fire and Blizzard from there? Cheap. For this reason, when in maps where you can easily fall down to lower levels, I either cast Stop on Wizards before they can do anything or avoid hitting them with combo finishers.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Dont forget that tinkerbell also revives you if you die~ ;3

I've also found dumbo very useful for fighting gigas shadows.

As for wizards I always go with stop.
Also as far as special moves go, strike raid is your friend when it comes to bosses! Even Unknown/Xemnas and Sephiroth can't hurt you as you use it. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back