• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Trying to get out of it. . .

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Ok, so I've been in Band since 6th grade, I'm really getting tired of it.

It's taking up 2/3 of my week, recently I've been doing homework late at night and not getting enough sleep, and it's wearing me out.

I want out.

My parents are considering to let me get out after this year, but they want me to do something else, extra curricular, so I'm leaning towards Drama (NOT SPORTS, ATHLETIC LEGEND). I'm certain that I can get into that fairly easily, I know a good 1/3 of the people there, and the Drama director is the Youth Leader in my church, so I got that covered.

Now all I have to do is convince my parents. . .help?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Uh, tell them you're leaving it because you're tired of it?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
What better reason could they want? It's an extracurricular activity you've engaged in for years, and now it's bored you.

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
Om my God, you are so dumb. Just do it already.

K' Let's go through the scenario again;
You: Mom, I don't want to be in band anymore, it's boring.
Your Mom: you need a better reason than that.
You: I'm not gonna do it anymore, it sucks.

Dun dun da!!!!! congrads, that took way too long.

T

Tyler Durden

NOT SPORTS, ATHLETIC LEGEND

Seriously, in the top 10 best things Ihave ever seen in the forums.

Om my God, you are so dumb. Just do it already.

This coming from the person who can't spell 'Oh' correctly.

As for your problem, I think that if you join drama while in band and then tell your parents that band takes up too much time, they would let you stick with drama.

Or, just quit. You shouldn't really need their permission, it's your enjoyment or lack thereof.

EDIT:
There's a problem with that though.

his mom's such a b*tch that she scares the crap out of him and he's got really low self-esteem.

Seriously, say something worth while or gtfo.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
This is almost sad. Just tell them you dont want to be in band and thats all to it. If you cant say that to them than your just going to roll over on everything. Stand up for yourself.

Say it would be better for your schooling if you dropped band.

Or just skip band until they realize that you arent going to go anymore.

Or be a wuss submit to your parents and stay in band being tired as you watch your grades slip.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
I wouldn't listen to my parents if they made me go to band.

I hate it when parents force you to do stuff that isn't even necessary. Just don't go, they probably won't even find out, and if they do, It's not like they can do much to you.

I honestly can't see what better reason there is than boredom...

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, if I do skip band, I fail the class, thus lowering my GPA. I'll probably have to wait, AT LEAST, til the end of the quarter, so I can get whatever part of a credit, and I don't fail.

Froad, GTFO my thread, I don't want YOUR "help", I get enough of that at school.

T

Tyler Durden

I'm pretty sure if you drop a class, you get no credit for it.

Thelonepickle

I don't like bugs!
Well, though band is my life, I won't hold it against you that you're leaving. :O

Ask your parents in a nice way if they realize how much sleep you lose and how hard you have to work in order to maintain good grades and still participate in band. I mean, I'd personally KILL for parents that didn't care about grades as much as they cared about music, but I WANT to be a musician when I grow up.

Calmly talk to them about it. Tell them about your schedule, and how too much of it (if that's even possible) is devoted to band. Any parent who is forcing you to do what you don't want to, even though it's killing your grades and sleep probably shouldn't be in charge of a living, breathing human being anyway. No intelligent person would ignore the writing on the wall in this case.

When you talk to them, be careful with the way you phrase things. Try not to say things that sound accusatory (can't spell tonight, by the way). Instead of saying, "Band is totally destroying my life and my schedule," say things like, "I find it really hard to keep up with schoolwork and band at the same time, and maybe an alternative like Drama would be more my speed."

You've been in band for a while, so it's not as if you're quitting because you can't stick to one thing for too long. You just don't want to do this anymore. Or say, "If I finish this quarter/semester/year of band, do you think you could let me take Drama next (whatever)?"

Sorry, I don't really know how else to help yew. o: Are they throwing a fit because they invested a lot into lessons or a really good quality instrument? If they are, you might just be screwed. D:

EDIT: You can also tell them that band taught you a lot, perserverance, dedication, etc., and now you'd like to try all the things that Drama has to offer. Tell them about how, even if you don't become a famous actor or anything, the skills you use in Drama can really help in everyday life. It makes oral presentations and public speaking much easier, and those are things you'll have to do in your life a LOT, no matter what profession you choose, basically.

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Well, not really for scholorships, I'm not that good. But it does look good on my resume, and also there's NHS, and A+(both of which I'm qualified, and intend to get into), so honetsly, do I need band?

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
You need something to put on all those applications you'll fill out later in life. Thats your parent's hidden reasoning behind putting you in an extracurricular activity. Any activity will do, so just switch over to drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back