• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trying to be like others.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
Best advice you'll ever get: Just be yourself.

It may be hard and diffucult but someday, you'll appreciate it especially when a lesson like this occurs/lets you learn you the hard way. Trust me, I've been down that road.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I think that everyone has a talent.

they either don't know what it is cuz they haven't done it yet
or regardless of their talent. they don't pursue it

recognition is another thing though.

I suffer as well in the social area.
at least that is with STARTING friendships/conversations
but once it gets started if I'm involved I'm usually fine

O

Oberon

The one thing I learned was that it's good to be sort of like others in at least some ways (socially, that is). In terms of your private life, yes, perhaps not so normal is fine. The cultural norm can be demanding but put up with it and it pays off.

I've noticed that being socially dynamic (I tend to riff jokes to break tension, seem charming, etc) and still remaining socially sane is possible. Psychologically speaking, in the world, people will react positively to you if you are normal, but have a few quirks here and there to seem "different," or "unique." Of course you won't be normal at all, but seeming as such is a behavioral modification that is expected in society sometimes.

I don't go out and party either, meet chicks on saturdays and what not, etc.. I'm in college as well. My group of friends just like to get together and have fun by ourselves and others can feel free to come and join. We do go hang out where everyone else does but we don't really need to act like them (hitting on girls, drinking, the like) in order to be validated.

If you know the way people are socially, it makes interactions almost too easy sometimes, because majority of the time they have similar manners and norms. Of course if they don't, then it won't matter either way.

Vanilla

I think I unederstand what Leonard is talking about.

When it comes to making new friends it depends on what you are looking for. I am assuming you are looking for the kind that are more socially active (such at partying etc.), it just takes confidence. Get to know people and put yourself out there. It may seem difficult especially for more reclusive people but it's simple. Confidence can work wonders - and if you are intimidated do not be. Everyone is self-concious and insecure, they feel the same fears you do. Just try to meet interesting people and have a good time. No one is going to make you have a good time in life. If you want to have fun, be productive, and live to the fullest then fucking do it. Teens these days run on popularity, unique-ness, and being outgoing. Everyone whines about how different they are and no one liking them, it's silly. In case you have yet to notice - every single teenager wants to be different and cool. It just depends on how you go about it. Obviously you will have to conform a little to make certain friends, but no one is forcing you. There are people who are true to themselves and have a great time with many friends.

My best advice is to think well of yourself and be courageous enough to get yourself out there.

Make an effort to be noticed. If you have issues - whatever they may be - with talking to unknown people or going outside of your comfort zone, simply fake it. I don't mean to lie about yourself, but hide your fear.

It isn't necessarily bad to be full of yourself a bit, no one is going to give you the recognition you deserve but yourself.

Try to make common ground via interests, points of view, or experiences.

It also doesn't hurt to take an analytical approach if you are unsure what to do. Those popular kings and queens are human beings just like you, blood courses through their veins just like yours. You can engage in conversation with anyone, social tiers are figurative.

It depends what you want in life, no one is forcing you to go out and party, and no one is forcing you to be by yourself. This goes to anyone reading this, and fuck this post is huge.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
musicians are great musicians cuz one day they thought hey that instrument is cool.

the start off as sucky beginners.

but then here's where the good part comes in:

you either enjoyed playing that instrument.

or you thought it was boring, and rather go do other shit.

if you chose the latter, then it's over for that. go to something else.

if you chose the first one. then keep on playing.

try to practice more.

then you get better. you play w/ better players.

you play better funner music that you like. you have more fun.

you have more fun. you want you want to play and practice more.

and they get better and better and better.

it's not that "woah, she's really talented!"

because she was no prodigy when she was a kid, who was like an expert when she first got her instrument, she was some sucky beginner. who sucked shit. who couldn't play shit. but when taught, learned to play, learned to enjoy it and stick w/ it.

then that's how they become "good musicians".

so if you want yo be like that. then chose something you like.

you'll suck balls at first.

but if you like it. and want to get better. you will. it applies to everything.

you can't expect to just be "good" at it when you first start.

but of course, if you find something you're pretty good at and are just a noob, then you should try that.

idk.

[okae if you didn't understand that, here's a better way:
if you practice you get better.
if you get better, you play w/ better players.
if you play w/ better players, you play better music.
if you play w/ better music, you have more fun.
if you have more fun, you want to practice more.
if you practice more, you get better....]
and you don't know how fucking true that is.

seriously. as a musician. that is absolutely true. no joke. like fucking ass true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back