• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Closed Trust is [NOT] Resolute

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

purgatory

Awards
Going forward we will be removing the training wheels for all roleplayers.

From here on out there will be no restrictions on anyone's movements or decisions. We want the relationships between characters to be natural and with the select NPCs being on Cul-De-Sac and the others being enemies (heartless). After reading Deimos most recent post I realized something, we really don't know each other and virtually that means anything could happen with the message and roles that the master left some of us.

So for now we'll work on our character bonding/friction in the brief downtime.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I'll let you know when it's going to hit the fan again. Listen to purg and relax for the time being, unless you have a role...then YOU can't chill, lol.

Background information on High Ground:

High Ground is essentially a long since abandoned world where keybladers used to gather centuries ago. It a piece of living history in a similar sense to the keyblade graveyard + badlands. It's green pastures, breaks in forest, and even some stonehenge-esque ruins. Theres nothing of true note here, everything sits at a very high elevation on floating pieces of lands while the rest of the world is surrounded by water. That water being there + high elevation is what creates the fog banks because it's so close to the sky.

The good news is, when the darkness comes and trust me it will, it will be fighting at a disadvantage as this place is sacred and is actively purifying itself inside the fog.

The bad news is, if the elevation of the floating land mass where to hit the water, the said purifying effect goes with it.

Besides that, nothing else.

Deimos

Awards
Ok...well damn. In my eagerness to push forward I completely forgot what would happen if we actually made physical contact. That was a terrifying read and I'm really contemplating how to respond/what to do, if that didn't kill me, then or worse is my next gut feeling of dread...D:

The damage has been done...christ.

This is only the start of our little grudge match ;) the question is, what will you do? I said it before, we can both walk away.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

This is only the start of our little grudge match ;) the question is, what will you do? I said it before, we can both walk away.

It took me a few days and many...many revisions before I was able to give a worthwhile and deserving response and overall I'm pretty ok with how it turned out. Hope you like it dude.

@Vibrant: Haven't posted as Komaeda because I am waiting for PL to respond, he was someone that was directly making contact with his character at the time of my last post so It's only fair to give him a chance to respond before we progress.

Last edited:

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
And posted.

Had to halve this one in two for the length, so I'm going to be posting again soon-ish :3

@Deimos: Amazing posts btw. Your writing style is really vibrant and bold. You weave your character's emotions and proactiveness in it so well which makes it refreshing and engaging to read. And thanks! I'm glad you find something to like about my posts :]

@Dari: Nice post! It was intense and the ending was unexpected xD

Deimos

Awards
It took me a few days and many...many revisions before I was able to give a worthwhile and deserving response and overall I'm pretty ok with how it turned out. Hope you like it dude.

you've got four of us now on route to a harrowed end, I hope you know what your doing ;)
Points for using my character to develop yours a bit, that was an excellent example of using your partners in writing to change within the setting. Very thoughtful of you and I do like the post. To be fair, I was preparing for the worst ahead of time but now I see there was no need, and thats a relief.

And posted.

Had to halve this one in two for the length, so I'm going to be posting again soon-ish :3

@Deimos: Amazing posts btw. Your writing style is really vibrant and bold. You weave your character's emotions and proactiveness in it so well which makes it refreshing and engaging to read. And thanks! I'm glad you find something to like about my posts :]

This isn't my normal character personality type, which I feel has a drastic impact on how I would normally approach how I write. Good to see you can find something to like about it, I'm not the best self-critic ;)

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
As piercing has delayed posting due to not feeling well atm. I went ahead and posted as Komaeda to answer Vibrant finally. Feel free to push forward purgatory, you're in the drivers seat with this group but as she also said, if any of you wishes to leave and go somewhere else, you're more than welcome to.

I want to clarify that in Ubi's post, that the person in CDS with a daughter sent Reforge #9 and Yamato #8 to Twilight Town. Please refer to post#4 of the OP for details on the newly added Twilight Town[harrowed end]. I'll be adding additional details to the world stability and functions as a harrowed end and why the debuffs/buffs behave as they do.

I'll further explain if you have a "light based" resolves or are being protected by something, it needs to constantly be active over a fixed duration. Twilight Town is designed to punish your OCs for staying too long on this harrowed end in the danger zones for unwanted/extended durations. In your case Deimos, my body of time will last a total duration of 3 minutes against the build of Twilight Town. When the 3 minute timer/duration ends, you will then receive the debuff outside of a well of light to remove it for such times as you remain inside of it. Data-Twilight Town is the only really safe haven outside of the wells. It's important to make note of these circumstances in your posts, I will permit anyone that is in twilight town to know this information in character through visible realization (IE: darkness slowly crawling against your skin) and the obvious visible wells used to negate the debuff.

Last edited:

Lumine

When your Mask falls, what will you see.
Awards
Apologies for the delay in posting.

Work's been a hassle these last couple of days, and I've not been in the best mindset to RP as well. Regardless, it's no excuse, so I'm sorry for the hold up :\

I'll try to post in the next couple of days. I already had a part of the post written when I had posted the last one so hopefully it shouldn't take long to finish.

Deimos

Awards
Keep an eye on my post fellows, I'll be updating it fairly soon. One of you hasn't been conscientious enough to map this harrowed end for me and it's adverse effects to give me something to lead off ;). My post is by no means filler, it's extremely relevant coordinating information I was given via PM from purgatory. I am debating to add more content to it to offer you guys and the readers more of a lens into Sae's past. Just in the middle of finals, so my presence is by no means gone just preoccupied for well about another week and a half so sit tight chaps!

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
Working on a post right now, and a quick heads up the switch in pronouns is intentional. Jay is suddenly feeling very male so he’s being referred to as such. Again it’s just a heads up to clear up that potential confusion.

EDIT: Posted. I’m sorry for the ending, I got hit by a headache mid post so I totally forgot how I wanted to end it.

Last edited:

Deimos

Awards
Apologies for any complications my edits have caused. They're finalized and to the best of my ability and understanding, solid. Happy reading chaps.

Finals are over and I'm here to contribute ;)

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I appreciate you taking the time to edit your post Deimos, it's much better. I would encourage that you pay closer attention to templates going forward as to not misconstrue how some of our resolves actually function <3

A few points about my post that I should mention.

The Lingering Will located in the Badlands of the Keyblade Graveyard is an important function of the RP and will be a recurring element that eventually all of our characters will interact with for reasons be them specific or unspecific. Consider it the pinnacle of an enemy and an ally simultaneously as weird as that sounds. Battling it conditions the OC to learn something, be it about the knight itself and it's reason for protecting itself and by extension the badlands, or about your individual characters.

I tried to cheat intentionally since this roleplay started by attempting time travel in areas where my resolve allows me to do that. But you should understand, I may be the creator/GM but even I have to show that my character is flawed horrendously, and that certain actions we take whether they are intent on being good or bad, have repercussions. Creating a scenario where I lack the ability to fight or even outright flee, is the sense of struggle this RP will claim on each of you at some point. Just pay close attention, I'm an exceptionally talented scenario writer, and if you enjoy this stressful kind of scenario just wait until you see where yours comes in to play.

Heh heh hehhhh.

purgatory

Awards
We've given it about 3 months, and we've decided to make #10 an NPC.

To anyone that was working on a template but did not post so much as an incomplete version, we are sorry. This was a topic of discussion for months, but we finally decided to make #10 into non-playable character, we hope the thread understands this GM decision ^^"

Deimos

Awards
To be completely honest with you, I've spent maybe the last week or so with family. I've actually been waiting on a response from Lumine before I really dove into anything further. I will answer Hazen's post in time, but until Lumine posts I will wait, figured I would give you all a heads up. ;)

purgatory

Awards
With Vibrant finally posting I'll be preparing one of my own in the coming days. I'll be giving some more background about the world itself in the very same post so we have a little more to work with...so long as Komaeda doesn't blatantly ruin anything like Try did unintentionally ^^;.

Deimos

Awards
Great post purg, the only question I have is what is the gender/species of #10? ;)

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for keeping things up in my stead purgatory as well as you for being patient Deimos. I haven't had the most time on my hands as of late, but I did manage to supply you all with another post. Further down the rabbit hole we go.

Deimos

Awards
I think i'm going to forego my last statement and respond to Hazen's posts, sorry Lumine. Thankfully Dari started a fanfiction regarding this roleplay to reinvigorate my desire to post actively.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Alright guys, let me take the head here and steer the ship. I want to apologize for the overall lack of activity in both threads, and I want to officially inform everyone that I have started a fan fiction that addresses what the OP says about none of you remembering the prior three years. I am updating that thread with a single post a day, over time with new information so if your curious about what your character was doing around the time they all met each other for the first time please head over to the fan fiction section!

Having said that, I am likely going to do away with the idea of placing memories on each of us if a world gets destroyed and I will instead introduce a shared vision of the master of master's location, which will not be in the fan fiction :D

All in all as of right now, the posts we're likely anticipating are from, purgatory (Recia) Lumine, and really Deimos at this point. No rush, again, the fanfic being written right now is telling the precursor events to bolster some consistency with the main roleplay. As of now, I don't plan to drop High Grounds on it's head as it is quite literally the safest world on the map at the moment. Though my next Komaeda post and Zero posts both will shock the living hell out of the thread, so watch out for those!

Hope everyone has been enjoying Kingdom Hearts III, its' been a LONG 13 years yall!

Back