• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

True Organzation 13 unidentified members

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
How in the world would it be a cop-out for character development if Adult Master Xehanort was in Kingdom Hearts III? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.
I never said it would be a cop-out for character development, I said it would be a cop-out development.

There is nothing cheap about fleshing Master Xehanort further through his adult life.
Clearly misunderstanding my point. My claims of cheap and cop-out were about the plot, about this completely unseen version of Xehanort being introduced and used as the solution to a mystery (identity of the vessels) with no set-up beforehand.

Why would his adulthood be any less important than his youth and elderly years in the construction to his character?
Because nothing important happens during it, which I already pointed out in your other thread. By Xehanort's own admission, the biggest moments of his life was his time as YMX, and his time as a Geezer. There's nothing to suggest his adulthood is all that important. The story skipped over it for a reason, and we got enough to understand the gist. Furthermore, Ansem/Xemnas, in many ways, can be considered "Xehanort in his adulthood" and fill that role in the story. There's just not really much point to add yet another version of Xehanort, one who wouldn't even be that distinct from the others and offer little for the plot as far as has been established.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Because nothing important happens during it, which I already pointed out in your other thread. By Xehanort's own admission, the biggest moments of his life was his time as YMX, and his time as a Geezer. There's nothing to suggest his adulthood is all that important. The story skipped over it for a reason, and we got enough to understand the gist. Furthermore, Ansem/Xemnas, in many ways, can be considered "Xehanort in his adulthood" and fill that role in the story. There's just not really much point to add yet another version of Xehanort, one who wouldn't even be that distinct from the others and offer little for the plot as far as has been established.

And you know this how? The story never skipped over it, you're just interpreting it like so. These irrational conclusions are frankly quite stagnating when it comes to theories and speculation. An Adult Master Xehanort could add plenty in Kingdom Hearts III. If he traveled to different worlds during his adult years, what did he find? how close are Xehanort and Eraqus over the years? Nomura can easily add new elements to Xehanort we haven't even considered that are revealed in his adulthood.

Xehanort's character development hasn't been 100% established: heck, Nomura could go all out and reveal that there was someone pulling the strings on Xehanort if he wanted to (though I don't support this particular notion). You can't just look at the BBS diary entries and conclude that they sum up Xehanort. Those same diary entries never talked about the 7 light's against the 13 darknesses. That was a new element added in Dream Drop Distance at the time.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
And you know this how?
Because he says so himself. In his reports he talks about how, as an old geezer, looking over his life, the only real important stuff happened in his YMX age. And no game, interview, etc has ever contradicted this or suggested that there is more to it than that. A

The story never skipped over it
Yes, it literally did. Isn't that the whole point of you wanting to see it depicted? That the story skipped over it and you think it could be interesting to explore?

These irrational conclusions
I'm not the one coming to irrational conclusions. I've been measured and fair this whole time. I've brought up evidence from the games themselves. I've talked about general storytelling techniques and how they apply. I've shown how they like to set these things up before hand. I haven't even said it was impossible, just that it was very unlikely and certainly not a "definite" development as you claimed.

All you've essentially done is say that you want to see it.

Those same diary entries never talked about the 7 light's against the 13 darknesses. That was a new element added in Dream Drop Distance at the time.
Except even that was set-up in the games before it! BBS set up the vessels, and the general idea behind the X-Blade, it set up the people who needed to be saved. Re:Coded set up that more than one Xehanort would return and that his return was imminent. The Mysterious Figure set up the time travel. Like, you keep pointing to developments that had set-up before they were revealed which just makes your case that much weaker since Adult Xehanort has had no set-up.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
If he traveled to different worlds during his adult years, what did he find? how close are Xehanort and Eraqus over the years? Nomura can easily add new elements to Xehanort we haven't even considered that are revealed in his adulthood.
I feel like this is one of those "good questions for another time." KH3's not really the time or place to be following Xehanort's travels... this is supposed to be following Sora and his friends, remember?

Maybe the novels or a "spin-off" game would be better for exploring these ideas, rather than detract from 3's main focus. I mean, what if Days' story had been shoved into II via flashbacks or whatever the whole time? It would've made for a really messy and even more unfocused narrative. (Well, more so than it already is, anyways...)

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I feel like this is one of those "good questions for another time." KH3's not really the time or place to be following Xehanort's travels... this is supposed to be following Sora and his friends, remember?

Maybe the novels or a "spin-off" game would be better for exploring these ideas, rather than detract from 3's main focus. I mean, what if Days' story had been shoved into II via flashbacks or whatever the whole time? It would've made for a really messy and even more unfocused narrative. (Well, more so than it already is, anyways...)

Kingdom Hearts III is the end of the Xehanort Saga, as of right now, there isn't going to be any more spin-off games in relation to Xehanort at this point. It's not going to ruin the game if we see an insight into Adult Master Xehanort's life.

Except even that was set-up in the games before it! BBS set up the vessels, and the general idea behind the X-Blade, it set up the people who needed to be saved. Re:Coded set up that more than one Xehanort would return and that his return was imminent. The Mysterious Figure set up the time travel. Like, you keep pointing to developments that had set-up before they were revealed which just makes your case that much weaker since Adult Xehanort has had no set-up.

The key characters of Kingdom Hearts X were never set up in any prior games when they were first revealed yet they fitted into the lore. I've been stressing to let Kingdom Hearts III be that development platform for Young Adult Xehanort, but at this point, it's clearly evidence that your distaste for this idea clouds you from the alternate elements that could be introduced in Xehanort's character development.

Last edited:

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
It's not going to ruin the game if we see an insight into Adult Master Xehanort's life.
If it takes away from other elements that need more insight, screentime, and development, it could.

Aside from just filling out Xehanort's life, what would this really bring that is crucial to KHIII? You mention how Adult Xehanort could have learned stuff in his travels, but, naturally, that would be information his older self already has. Anything that happens to Adult Xehanort is stuff that MX already knows about, already went through, etc.

The key characters of Kingdom Hearts X were never set up in any prior games when they were first revealed yet they fitted into the lore. I've been stressing to let Kingdom Hearts III be that development platform for Young Adult Xehanort, but at this point, it's clearly evidence that your distaste for this idea clouds you from the alternate elements that could be introduced in Xehanort's character development.
And imagine if all the X characters were only introduced in KHIII, where they're important to the plot. KHx is the set up for KHIII. Like what about this don't you get? We're talking about KHIII here, and all of these other things are set-up for the plot in it. Except you're arguing that Adult Xehanort should be introduced, made important, etc. all within KHIII with no set-up. That's the problem, and that's why it's unlikely. And nothing clouds my judgement. I've been fair and balanced this whole time and never even said it was impossible. All I gave was reasons why it was unlikely, and potentially unnecessary given what we know.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Kingdom Hearts III is the end of the Xehanort Saga, as of right now, there isn't going to be any more spin-off games in relation to Xehanort at this point. It's not going to ruin the game if we see an insight into Adult Master Xehanort's life.
Okay, so relegate it to the novels. They tend to focus on this kind of stuff anyways, and quite frankly, they usually handle it better than the games.

It wouldn't "ruin" it, but I see a lot of potential for the story and pacing to be thrown all over the place because of it. It wouldn't really add anything to the story either, now that I think about it; traveling around and visiting new worlds is what we're gonna be doing with SDG anyways! I'd kinda hate to be trying to progress in the main story of III, only to cut away to Xehanort's travels, which pretty much the same thing as SDG's travels but don't contribute anything to the present and ongoing plot. :I

Actually, you know who needs this kind of deal? Kairi. Let's focus on the character who never gets any focus whatsoever, and THEN we can talk about the more youthful version of this series' recurring main antagonist, mkay?

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I could see it being a good fit for a novel or side-project. I don't think it would be good for KHIII which already has so much being juggled and needing attention. Just, from what we've been shown so far, there just isn't anything to suggest that Adult Xehanort is crucial for KHIII. The knowledge he gained in his travels were detailed in the Xehanort Reports. Visually, we already have stand-ins for what an Adult Xehanort would be like. I just can't imagine them stopping the game to introduce Adult Xehanort and feature a lot of his back story or relevance or anything. Like what would he really offer that YMX or MX don't? Any potential character development, such as being unhappy with where things went, can be given to YMX. Any knowledge or experience he gained would naturally be with MX.

In many cases, saying less is more, and leaving Xehanort's adult life to the imagination of the fans seems the better answer than shoehorning him into KHIII's plot at the last minute with no build-up.

Empress Mitsuru

If any Disney Villains turn up I'd like to see Frollo, Turbo or Syndrome. As for FF villains I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back