• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► TRON: Uprising

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
TU.jpg

Tron: Uprising
Airdate: June 7th 2012 on Disney XD
TRON: Uprising, Beck’s Beginning, introduces a Beck, a young mechanic living in Argon City, a growing metropolis in a far off corner of the grid that has just been occupied by General Tesler, a henchman of the notorious Clu. After his best friend Bodhi is ruthlessly derezzed by Clu’s army, Beck seeks justice for his lost friend and launches a crusade against the regime. His rebellion captures the attention of Tron, the greatest warrior The Grid has ever known, who sees the potential in Beck and trains him to be his successor. Labeled with the moniker of The Renegade, Beck sparks a revolution to fight for the freedom of The Grid.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

TV: Massive ‘Tron: Uprising’ Blowout: New Trailers, Posters, Images & Concept Art | Disney Vault

Characters | Tron | Disney XD

Even after all of these years Bruce Boxleitner's voice is extremely sexy. Oh and the animation of this show looks amazing. Art style is hard to adjust to, but after awhile it really grows on you.

Last edited:

Hero

See You Space Cowboy!
Awards
Where's Chuman when you need him? He'd be fangasming right now.

snow_flake40

Awards
dat concept art *convulses uncontrollably*

I haven't really been keeping up with Uprising news, but those three trailers have convinced me that I will most likely love it. The art stye is a little jarring at first, but I'm starting to like it. At least we'll have something to tide us over before TR3N. Is this series canon with the films?

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Why do all these awesome shows feature Lance Henriksen?

Looks awesome. I'll keep my eyes on it.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
I was wondering when you were going to make this thread, Sir Spock-a-lot. ;3

Watching the trailers again, I'm a tiny bit disappointed they went with this style of art rather than the Legacy look sported in the teaser trailer. It still looks great at any rate, and I'm still very much excited to see this!

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
The teaser trailer from early last year had me interested. Then these new trailers and previews started coming out this year and, eh.... I'll watch it and hope it's good.

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Uuhhhnnn, I love the art direction. The character designs are beautiful. *U*

.Oji

赤いテキスト
It feels Aeon Flux-y and Batman Beyond-ish topped off with Tron's neon-glow aesthetics—it's really great, but given the choice between this or the Legacy look, I think I’d prefer the latter, albeit not by much. :T

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
I don't see much difference in tone between this and Legacy—they were obviously very mindful of the source material. The only real stylization I can gleam from the trailers is in the character design, and I think that's one of it's strongest points (the animation looks a bit stiff in places, but that doesn't detract from what I feel is a very effective aesthetic). Being animated, it would've been boring if the character designs tried to maintain too much realism; this way, it feels so much fresher.

I definitely agree with the Aeon Flux/Batman Beyond comparison, though. And I'm so happy to see Disney putting something a little edgier, a little darker (as far as original content is concerned) on their network, even just XD. I feel really good about this. *U*

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Lol Kyle Hebert is like fangasming over this show. xD

Where's Chuman when you need him? He'd be fangasming right now.

Haha, his love of Tron is strong xD

dat concept art *convulses uncontrollably*

I haven't really been keeping up with Uprising news, but those three trailers have convinced me that I will most likely love it. The art stye is a little jarring at first, but I'm starting to like it. At least we'll have something to tide us over before TR3N. Is this series canon with the films?

From what I've heard so far the series is supposed to be non-canon with the movies because it is based on the PSP game that didn't really fit in with the PS3/360 game's canon, but it might not be true.

I was wondering when you were going to make this thread, Sir Spock-a-lot. ;3

Watching the trailers again, I'm a tiny bit disappointed they went with this style of art rather than the Legacy look sported in the teaser trailer. It still looks great at any rate, and I'm still very much excited to see this!

Rofl, you know me too well. I've been spamming it all over the Worlds thread for months xD

Last edited:

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

Lol Kyle Hebert is like fangasming over this show. xD

Haha, his love of Tron is strong xD

From what I've heard so far the series is supposed to be non-canon with the movies because it is based on the PSP game that didn't really fit in with the PS3/360 game's canon, but it might not be true.

Rofl, you know me too well. I've been spamming it all over the Worlds thread for months xD

Damn straight.

OhmyGodEthyIloveyousomuchwehaveapremieredatewillyoumarrymeJune7thhereIcome.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Spoiler Spoiler Show

And now I can see just how non-canon this will be. I want to know what is so big about having white grid clothes. And Beck was so damn annoying. One minute he's like "gonna start a revolution!" then he meets Tron and is like "oh no I can't" then he finally realizes he can. Digging the show so far, though. The animation is very unique. Still troubled by the character art, but it really fits.

They probably just added the colors for variety, but when I stare at Mara's yellow circuits I keep thinking "Is she part virus?"

Tron's scars really intrigue me. I am hoping they do show Tron as he is slowly corrupted by Clu's botched rectification. Like he starts becoming more aggressive, until he loses all morals and memories of himself. (If they seriously do this, mad props to the writers for using what they set up)

Yeah, I have high hopes for this mini-series.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Unzip your pants.

I know how I'm gonna spend the next 30 minutes.

At first, I was turned off by the character designs, but within ten minutes, I learned to love them. This show is amazing, the new vehicles, characters and lore are great. I don't see how this can't fit in with the movies, I felt the scene with C.L.U. 2's betrayal to be much stronger than how sudden it happened in EVOLUTION.

Last edited:

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Spoiler Spoiler Show

ibtcrm6ZI5gsh8.gif

Edit: So I'm just about finished watching the first episode. If I were to sum up my thoughts of the prelude in a word, it’d be: Interesting.

“Beck’s Beginning” hits the ground running without losing time, speeding along through to the end. It feels rich and dense, packed with drama which I feel retains much of the same [serious] tone featured in the films and some really cool action sequences. I'm also going to go ahead and agree with Turn in saying that the character art feels really crisp and refreshing here; after taking it in for 30 minutes, I can now say I prefer this look to the CG Legacy look as far as animation is concerned. Overall, it was a really interesting start.

And now I can see just how non-canon this will be.

How do you figure? :/

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know, I don't even know. I watched this when I first woke up and commented before falling back asleep. After rewatching it a few minutes ago, I think it fits perfectly. I don't even know what my train of thought was this morning.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I just finished watching the pilot. It was interesting. The character design and animation doesn't bother me too much now. The only thing I'm worried about now is the story.

This is supposedly canon to the films, right?

So what in the world is Tron doing? How is he still Tron and not Rinzler? Now we have a general Tessler? I assumed that Clu made Tron Rinzler right after his betrayal of Flynn.

I guess this new guy Beck will defeat the current General Tessler somewhere down the Uprising story line and then the real Tron will be captured and turned into Rinzler. I assume.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I just finished watching the pilot. It was interesting. The character design and animation doesn't bother me too much now. The only thing I'm worried about now is the story.

This is supposedly canon to the films, right?

So what in the world is Tron doing? How is he still Tron and not Rinzler? Now we have a general Tessler? I assumed that Clu made Tron Rinzler right after his betrayal of Flynn.

I guess this new guy Beck will defeat the current General Tessler somewhere down the Uprising story line and then the real Tron will be captured and turned into Rinzler. I assume.

Yeah, I just read it is considered canon. Dear god I wish sites would decide. xD

Yep, we should probably assume all of that. The plot is rather obvious.

I need Beck to have a more developed character because right now he's...irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back