• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cartoon/TV ► TRON: Uprising

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I just finished watching the pilot. It was interesting. The character design and animation doesn't bother me too much now. The only thing I'm worried about now is the story.

This is supposedly canon to the films, right?

So what in the world is Tron doing? How is he still Tron and not Rinzler? Now we have a general Tessler? I assumed that Clu made Tron Rinzler right after his betrayal of Flynn.

I guess this new guy Beck will defeat the current General Tessler somewhere down the Uprising story line and then the real Tron will be captured and turned into Rinzler. I assume.

It's actually not canon to the movies as far as I know.

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
I'm pretty sure it is canon. Uprising itself showed animated versions of what happened in the story such as when Flynn created the grid, created Clu 2, when Clu betrayed him and attacked Tron, etc.

It's supposed to take place between Tron and Tron: Legacy. I wonder if Beck will come across Flynn. I assume he's already trapped inside.

Also: I didn't know this was only going to be a mini-series. 10 episodes? Seems a little weird to me.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I'm pretty sure it is canon. Uprising itself showed animated versions of what happened in the story such as when Flynn created the grid, created Clu 2, when Clu betrayed him and attacked Tron, etc.

It's supposed to take place between Tron and Tron: Legacy. I wonder if Beck will come across Flynn. I assume he's already trapped inside.

Also: I didn't know this was only going to be a mini-series. 10 episodes? Seems a little weird to me.

If it's popular, they'll extend it's airtime. I hope so, but at the same time, I don't want pointless filler episodes.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If it's popular, they'll extend it's airtime. I hope so, but at the same time, I don't want pointless filler episodes.

Pretty sure the show was planned to be a mini-series and no amount of ratings will change that.

I don't think showing those events necessarily makes it canon. For example, I wouldn't say Tron's white outfit is canon. Of course creative license is different from story events.

The show also seems to butt against the storylines of the PSP and 360/PS3 games. We'll have to see.

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
Okay and just skimmed through that episiode and those animations felt off and kind of awkward to me

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'll just record it at home on my DVR, it looks like it might be good.
I don't have the time to watch it right now.
*looks at age*
I'm at school :/

It wasn't like I said watch it now. I just meant you should sit down and actually watch it before judging the animation.

snow_flake40

Awards
"The uploader has made this video not available in your country."

GleeSuePush.gif

El Coqu?

General ShinyMog here!
Awards
Okay just stating opinions: saw original Tron (came out about 10yrs before I was born) about 2yrs ago and I loved it. I thought it was a really cool storyline and fun. Then I saw Legacy and I understood its storyline stopped once Sam met Flynn so it clearly could have been better story-wise in that something better could have happened then just escaping that's repetative. Still I found it entertaining. So if Uprising takes place before Legacy could this new guy (Beck right?) be in the 3rd Tron movie as Tron's full on replacement? Or will Tron make a comeback

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I don't think showing those events necessarily makes it canon. For example, I wouldn't say Tron's white outfit is canon. Of course creative license is different from story events.

Okay just stating opinions: saw original Tron (came out about 10yrs before I was born) about 2yrs ago and I loved it. I thought it was a really cool storyline and fun. Then I saw Legacy and I understood its storyline stopped once Sam met Flynn so it clearly could have been better story-wise in that something better could have happened then just escaping that's repetative. Still I found it entertaining. So if Uprising takes place before Legacy could this new guy (Beck right?) be in the 3rd Tron movie as Tron's full on replacement? Or will Tron make a comeback

At the end of Legacy, Tron's suit circuits turned white after his scuffle with C.L.U. 2. So his suit was white to answer Ethnic Woman, and to answer El Coqui, he didn't become derezzed, however, his whereabouts are unknown.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
At the end of Legacy, Tron's suit circuits turned white after his scuffle with C.L.U. 2. So his suit was white to answer Ethnic Woman, and to answer El Coqui, he didn't become derezzed, however, his whereabouts are unknown.

That...wasn't what I was talking about.

333px-Tron_updated.png

That is not this:

Tron_in_Uprising.png

Which is just creative license, and very much not canon.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
That...wasn't what I was talking about.

333px-Tron_updated.png

That is not this:

Tron_in_Uprising.png

Which is just creative license, and very much not canon.

I see what you mean. It's possible he was programmed that suit, as he never got that suit until his 2.0 upgrade, so I guess it's non-canon for now.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Random question: Did we ever get an explanation as to what the significance of the white light suits was in Tron Legacy? Does it even have any significance, or is it more of a self-serving thing? :T

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Random question: Did we ever get an explanation as to what the significance of the white light suits was in Tron Legacy? Does it even have any significance, or is it more of a self-serving thing? :T

Not really. Various programs and ISOs had white light suits, and they all had different functions in the system.

Awards
You know, this wasn't bad. I was pretty interested when it was first announced, then my interested waned. Kind of hard to get past the character designs even though the art is pretty nice. But you get used to it (except for people like Bodie THANK GOD THEY KILLED HIM). That was pretty promising. Music's great too, although...

[video=youtube;hjbwVzJR8w4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjbwVzJR8w4&feature=share[/video]

22:55-24:35

really?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I thought it was great.Beck was pretending to be Tron at the start, yeah? I kept thinking that they'd retcon Legacy and have Beck turn into Tron turn Rinzler and everyone, even Clu is fooled and the real Tron is out there somewhere. But that's just silly.

Didn't like the character art but it does grow. I guess I was just use to the movie style from Legacy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back