• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tron: Legacy Extended Story Trailer

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hidden

A boy named Crow
Awards
Website
www.freewebs.com
The individual edits are pretty good (my favorite being at 2:53 where it cuts from Sam on his motorcycle to the light cycles), but the video overall lacks cohesiveness and direction. Particularly confusing is the point shortly after 2:00, when we've already seen Sam enter the digital world, but suddenly the music changes and we're back in the real world with Alan and Sam at the beginning again (we even watch Sam "reenter" the digital world). I also noted that while the music builds (albeit very slowly), the action never does. It's just a collection of random scenes that, while compelling in themselves, don't come together to build a sense of story.

That is my critique at any rate, take it for what it's worth. It's fun to watch these fan-made videos regardless.

Last edited:

Bobjam

Awards
The individual edits are pretty good (my favorite being at 2:53 where it cuts from Sam on his motorcycle to the light cycles), but the video overall lacks cohesiveness and direction. Particularly confusing is the point shortly after 2:00, when we've already seen Sam enter the digital world, but suddenly the music changes and we're back in the real world with Alan and Sam at the beginning again (we even watch Sam "reenter" the digital world). I also noted that while the music builds (albeit very slowly), the action never does. It's just a collection of random scenes that, while compelling in themselves, don't come together to build a sense of story.

That is my critique at any rate, take it for what it's worth. It's fun to watch these fan-made videos regardless.

Thanks for your critique and appreciate your honest words. I always had it in mind to break the trailer into two halves and that was always going to pose a problem to how it all flows as I really wanted to try and mold the two tracks together. In a sense the first half was about the father and son theme in the film and how Sam was always connected to his father, even when he was not there. This was one of the motivations for Sam going after him.

Then the second half is just a re-emphasis of that journey and what Sam ends up truly facing on the grid and trying to introduce more the threats that come into play once he is there. I will definitely admit (as this is only my second time even touching editing software for something) that my projects still don't have great direction so I try to suffice by having as much impact as I can make to try and cover that up.

Appreciate the comment and hopefully I will get better with more experience. Also check out my Advent Children one if you already haven't, though I am sure you will see a lot of the same with that as I had no idea what I was doing at first ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back