• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Tristitia Owari ch.13 ~The End~

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Re: Obliviónis Tredecim (DDD Spoilers, Post KH3) Ch.9 part 3

Chapter X

Where The Heart Is
Part-I

Terra was the first of the warriors to awaken. When he woke up he noticed that his wounds had healed completely. He thought that it was odd that his body was healed, especially since he hadn’t used a cure spell. Then he smelled a familiar scent seeping out of his skin. He recognized the scent as darkness. He assumed that his body was able to absorb Tonitrus’ dark based attacks. However Kain and Ceodore didn’t have that luxury. They were still passed out, and their wounds were still open; and showed no signs of healing.

Terra walked over to them and cast cure, but the something was different about the spell. Instead of the normal green flowers that would appear, they were dark purple instead. Terra took a moment and realized why the spell was different. He realized that since he could control his darkness all of spells changed to dark based spells. And because Tonitrus’ attacks were dark based the spell couldn’t heal them.

Since Terra didn’t know anyone in the world that could heal his new friends, he decided to take them to Radiant Garden. There he would have Aqua heal them; he owed them that much. He threw both of them over his shoulders and summoned a corridor of light. He walked into the corridor, but when he did so he noticed something. He saw a man with long white hair watching him vanish in the light.

Terra appeared inside of Radiant Garden’s library. There Riku was sitting on the ground next to one of the book shelves. He was flipping through one of the world’s oldest books, looking for a way to increase his power. However he quickly closed the book upon seeing Terra holding the two injured warriors.

“What happen?” Riku asked. Terra told his successor about how he defeated his darkness, up to when he Kain, and Ceodore were defeated by Tonitrus. “Lay them down, I’ll heal them.” Terra did as Riku asked. The young Keyblade Master summoned his blade, and held it above Kain and Ceodore. “Curaja.” As Riku spoke a large translucent flower appeared above the two warriors. Two vines fell down from the flower and into Kain and Ceodore. When the vines made contact the warrior were covered ina green mist. Then just as it appeared the mist and the flower vanished.

“Will they be okay?” Terra asked. He wondered if Riku’s spell was strong enough to heal Kain and Ceodore’s wounds.

“Look.” Riku said while pointing at the two; their wounds were slowly healing.

“Good.” This helped ease Terra’s mind. He didn’t like that Kain and Ceodore had been hurt because of him. Riku then smiled at Terra. “What?” Terra hadn’t he slightest idea why Riku was smiling at him.

“It feels good doesn’t it? Knowing that you don’t have to be afraid of it anymore.” Of course Riku was talking about Terra’s darkness.

Terra knew what Riku was talking about. “Yeah, I use to think that the darkness wasn’t supposed to exist in my heart. But now I realize that the darkness belongs in my heart, just as the light does.”

Riku was glad that Terra had accepted the darkness. “I’m glad to hear you say that. I know it isn’t an easy thing to accept.” Riku knew that the road to acceptance wasn’t an easy one.

“Yes, it wasn’t easy, but now I’m ready.”

“For what?” When Riku spoke, Terra smiled. He knew what Terra’s answer was going to be.

Riku smiled back and the two spoke in unison. “To protect what matters.”

In the town around Radiant Garden, Kairi and Naminé were taking Xion clothes shopping. They both figured it would good way for them to bond with Xion and make her feel welcome. Kairi had changed into her normal clothes. She wore a black and pink sleeveless halter top with two pink intersecting belts over her chest, black shorts, and a pair of pink shoes. Running across her hips and down her left leg was a long pink cloth. And of course she wore her necklace with a white bead. She based her new attire off of Aqua's old clothes. She did this to honor the person who gave her the Keyblade and more importantly, guided her to Sora.

“So what kind of clothes do you like?” Kairi asked. Even she had to admit that it was a girly question.

“I don’t know?” Xion said quietly. “I’ve always worn my black coat.” The Organization never had a very diverse wardrobe to choose from.

“Maybe we should just look around until you find something you like.” Naminé suggested.

While Xion appreciated Kairi and Naminé spending time with her, she had only one thing on her mind. “Where are Roxas and Axel?” She asked.

“Roxas is with Ven. And I don’t know where Lea is.” Kairi replied. She did think it was odd that no one had seen or heard from Lea since The Forgotten arrived.

“Lea?” Xion inquired. She wasn’t aware that Lea had been made whole again.

“Axel’s original name. After he died he was reborn as his original persona.” Naminé said.

“Oh.” Xion was saddened that she had missed so much.

Kairi saw thisa nd decided to cheer her up. “I’m sure Roxas and Lea will come here eventually. Then you three can catch up.”

“I’m sure they both can’t wait to see you again.” Naminé chimed in.

Their words helped lift Xion’s spirits. “Thank you.”

A few hours later, outside of Radiant Garden’s wall, Atra appeared out of a dark corridor. Since the city had been restored a barrier had been set up that nullified all dark powers. This was done to keep Heartless out, but it also made it so corridors of darkness couldn’t be used to enter the city. Through Sora’s memories Atra was made aware of this, which was why appeared outside of the city.

He knew that what he sought was inside the castle. However he knew that with the barrier affecting his abilities he wouldn’t be able to take on all of the warriors inside. So he came up with a plan that would allow him to slip inside unnoticed. He snapped his fingers and one-hundred Darkside Heartless appeared behind him. He then focused his power and fired a sphere of darkness at the city’s wall. When the sphere made contact it created a gigantic explosion; destroying an eighth of the entire wall. Atra knew that this would get thewarriors attention. With that he walked into the city and leaped onto the rooftops. He then hopped from house to house heading straight for the castle.

Inside the castle, Riku and Terra had moved Kain and Ceodore to one of the castle’s rooms. As they were talking, they felt the shock that came from Atra’s attack. “What!?” Riku cried. “Have The Forgotten come?” He didn’t expect The Forgotten to come so soon, but he knew he didn’t have time to think. “Terra, you go see what’s going on. I’ll protect the princesses.” Riku knew that the princesses’ safety took priority over anything else.

“What about them?” Terra could see that Kain and Ceodore hadn’t fully recovered.

“They’ll be fine, their probably in the safest place.” Riku figured that if The Forgotten had arrived they wouldn’t go out of their way to attack Kain and Ceodore.

“You’re right.” Riku’s words put Terra’s mind at ease. He then summoned a corridor of light and disappeared.

Riku then summoned his own corridor. “Riku!” Before Riku could enter his corridor he turned to see Mickey running up to him. “The castle’s under attack!” Like Riku, Mickey was surprised that The Forgotten would attack so soon.

“I know I’m going to find the princesses.” Riku knew that he didn’t have time to converse with his friend. He was about to enter his corridor but Mickey stopped him.

“I’ve hidden them in The Chamber of Repose, but I couldn’t find Kairi.”

“I’ll find her and protect the others. You go and help the others in the town.” Mickey nodded at Riku, and the young man departed.

Riku arrived at the edge of town. There, Kairi, Naminé, and Xion were staring at the damageAtra had caused. As they looked on, they all thought that something was off. The Heartless weren’t attacking at all; they were just standing there.

“Kairi!” Riku cried. “You have to get out of here!”

“No! I’m going to stay and fight!” Kairi yelled while summoning her Destiny’s Embrace Keyblade.

“The others can take care of this. I need to get you to safety.” Riku was trying to think of way to convince Kairi to come with him.

“NO! I’m not going to sit back while others fight for me!” Kairi cried. She meant what she said. She didn’t want anyone to get hurt while trying to protect her. Instead she was choosing to fight for herself.

Riku respected her resolve, but he knew that if The Forgotten had arrived he wouldn’t be able to protect her and fight at the same time. “Kairi…I’m sorry.” Riku knew he had to get her to safety, even if he had to do it by force. He disappeared in a flash, and appeared behind Kairi. He then struck Kairi in the back of her neck, knocking her unconscious. As she began to fall, Riku quickly caught her.

Xion and Naminé stared in disbelief. They didn’t expect him to harm Kairi in anyway.

“I had to. Words wouldn’t convince her to come with me.” Riku then let out a slight chuckle. “Ig uess she got that from Sora.” He then summoned a corridor of light. “If you want to, you can come with.” The two girls nodded and entered the corridor with Riku.

Elsewhere, Atra arrived in Radiant Garden’s computer room. He figured that if there was any information about the heart, it would be there. He stepped in front of the computer and typed in the word heart. Although he was in no way tech savvy, through Sora’smemories he was able to know the basics. As he typed a large red X appeared on the screen, and a voice spoke.

“Un authorizeduser detected. Proceeding with voice and facial scan.” When the voice finished a beam came out the screen and went down Atra’s face.

The light was bright enough to blind Atra was moment. “What was that?” Atra said with a hint of discomfort.

“Voice and facial scan complete. Welcome Sora, how may I assist you today?” The voice asked.

Atra figured that voice commands were added to make using the computer easier; probably for Sora. “Computer, tell me how a heart is created.”

“Certainly. The heart is born from an acumulation of experiences and emotions. It is possible for anything to grow a heart; whether it is a person or object. Did that answer your question?”

“Yes.” Atra realized that he didn’t need for his comrades to search for strong hearts. They would instead grow their own. He even noticed that some of the members were showing signs of having a heart. Since his question had been answered Atra was about to leave, but then he noticed something. He saw that there was somethingstill open on the computer. He clicked on it and another red X appeared on the screen.

“I am sorry Sora, you need a password to access this file.”

Atra was about to leave again, but then he saw the name of the file: THE FORGOTTEN. That word alone was enough to incite Atra’s curiosity. He wanted to know just what his enemies knew about him and his comrades.

“Computer, is there a way to access this file without a password?”

“I suppose you could try and access the data directly. But I cannot guarantee anything.”

“How would I do that?”

“By going to the Grid of course.”

Atra knew about the Grid through Sora’s memories. Even he had to admit that a world existing inside a computer was an interesting concept. “Send me inside.”

“Certainly.”Atra then began to hear the computer start to hum. He turned around and was immediately hit by a beam of light.

Next thing he knew, Atra was in the Grid. The first thing he noticed was that the world was fairly dark, except for the lights coming from the large city. Since the defeat of the original Organization the world had received a major overhaul. Atra then noticed that his clothes had changed. The chains on his coat, and the coats insides were glowing light blue.

Atra then heard the computers voice again. “Sora, this will guide you to the data.” When thev oice finished, a light blue polyhedral shaped program flew up to Atra’s side.

“What is this?”Atra asked.

“This is Bit, he is an old program. He will guide you to the I/O Tower.”

“Where do I need to go?” Atra asked. But the program didn’t respond. “Do you know the way?”

“Yes!” As Bit spoke it turned into orange octahedron, and then quickly turned back to itsoriginal form.

Atra thendecided to test a theory. “Is your name Tron?” He decided to use the name of the only other program he knew of.

“No!”

Atra realized that Bit could only answer yes or no questions. “Can you take me to the I/O Tower?”

“Yes!” Bit then began to fly off toward the city. Atra followed suit, and began to follow the simplistic program.

When he arrivedi n the city he stared at the sleek and bright architecture. He then looked at the all the programs roaming the street. They, walked, talked, and acted just like normal people. In fact, if Atra didn’t know any better he wouldn’t believe that they were made of data. Atra didn’t let his thoughts distract him, and continued to follow Bit. He continued to walk until he came before a large tower in the center of the city.

“Is this it?” Atra asked.

“Yes!” Bit replied.

Atra walked up to the tower, and large door lifted upward. He and Bit walked inside the large empty room. In the distance Atra could see a terminal at the end of the room. He walked over to the terminal and typed in THE FORGOTTEN. When he did so a large screen appeared above the terminal, and lights on the floor and walls turned on. Then the file came up on the screen. As with before a red X appeared on the screen. Atra thought for a moment, and then thought of a way to access the data. He placed his hand on the terminal and sent a pulse of darkness through it. When he did this the lights on the floors turned dark purple, and the file opened.

Atra then recalled the Heartless he had released. “You’ve bought me enough time.” Atra said while snapping his fingers. He then turned his attention back to the screen, and he was a little disappointed at what he found. “This is it?”

"Sora?" Atra turned around to see a familiar security program.

Back in Radiant Garden, Leon, Yuffie, Terra, and Mickey were battling the many Darkside Heartless. Although numbers weren’t on their side, the warriors were able to slay about half of the creatures. In fact, the warriors found the creatures to be rather weak. Regardless they kept fighting until only ten of the Heartless remained. Terra focused the darkness into his blade and was about to finish the battle, but before he could strike the Heartless disappeared.

“What?” Terra was left confused. He couldn’t fathom why the Heartless would disappear so suddenly.

“This is troubling.” Mickey said aloud. He found it odd that the Heartless were so weak. And more importantly, they hadn’t encountered a single member of The Forgotten.

Outside of the castle, Riku was looking for any sign of The Forgotten. But he couldn’t hear the sound of battle, or any other form of noise. This troubled him greatly. He suspected that the attack was just to test their defenses. But he also thought there could be another reason for the attack.

“Riku! Riku!” Riku then saw Yuna flying toward him.

“Anything to report?” Riku asked. He expected her to be the bearer of bad news.

“Rikku, Paine, and I have patrolled the entire castle and we haven’t seen a single sign of trouble.” She was about to leave but she remembered something important she forgot to mention. “Oh! I have good news, Sora’s here.” She thought he would be glad to hear that his friend was in the world.

“What!? Sora’s here?” Riku didn’t know why Sora would come back.

“Yep, he’s inside the Grid right now.”

“Why would Sora be inside the Grid?” Riku was puzzled by Yuna’s words. He could some what understand why Sora would come back, but didn’t know why his friend would go to the Grid.

“I don’t know, but it’s defiantly him. He even passed the voice and facial scan.” Yuna then saw a look of shock appear on Riku’s face. “What’s wrong?”

“Yuna, I need you to bring everyone to castle as fast as you can.” Before Yuna could reply, Riku had already disappeared into a corridor of light. Yuna’s words made him realize that the attack was all a distraction, and everyone fell for it. He also realized that his next fight be a true test of his abilities; because he knew he would have to face the leader of The Forgotten.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Re: Obliviónis Tredecim (DDD Spoilers, Post KH3) Ch.10 part 1

Atra is really smart. Creating a diversion in order to get inside of the castle. What I was not anticipating was Atra getting inside of the grid with such ease. How is it, that he can look like Sora but sound like him too? Well looks Atra will be dealing with Tron next and Riku, if he gets there in time. I wonder what goes on inside Atra's mind. Why he would want to know more about the heart or what his foes thought of The Forgotten. Atra's power over the heartless astounds me too.

It's good to see Xion being helped around by Kairi and Namine. I wonder when Lea and Roxas will be reunited with Xion. That ought to be an interesting reunion. Riku knocking out Kairi was really cool too. Kind of sad as well because I know Kairi wants to fight and protect her friends too.

Was a great chapter Spirit! Can't wait to see what's next xD

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I'm going to be working on a critique of the first chapter. I noticed some errors/typos and random things I wanted to comment on. I also put it on the list for my team to possibly look at as well. But yes, Expect the critique soon! :D

Awards

Atra is really smart. Creating a diversion in order to get inside of the castle.
What I was not anticipating was Atra getting inside of the grid with such ease.
How is it, that he can look like Sora but sound like him too? Well looks Atra
will be dealing with Tron next and Riku, if he gets there in time. I wonder what
goes on inside Atra's mind. Why he would want to know more about the heart or
what his foes thought of The Forgotten. Atra's power over the heartless astounds
me too.
Atra is pretty smart. I think I mentioned before that he is the type to be ten steps ahead of his enemies. Not the next part but the part after will explain why Atra took Sora's form (you'll be suprised when you see who he talks to). Yes Atra will fight Riku and Tron. But since both he and Riku can't fight at their full power, it will be a intresting fight. Atra will open up pretty soon, slowly at first, but he will talk about his past. The part after next will say why Atra and The Forgotten need strong hearts. And he didn't plan to find our heroes info on him, it was kind of unexpected for him. Remeber that the Heartless side with whoever's the strongest, and right now The Forgotten are the strongest.

It's good to see Xion being helped around by Kairi and Namine. I wonder when Lea
and Roxas will be reunited with Xion. That ought to be an interesting reunion.
Riku knocking out Kairi was really cool too. Kind of sad as well because I know
Kairi wants to fight and protect her friends too.

Xion will eventually be reunited with Lea and Roxas, but not sure how that's going to play out. And I'll explain what Lea's been doing this entire time.

I'm going to be working on a critique of the first chapter. I noticed some
errors/typos and random things I wanted to comment on. I also put it on the list
for my team to possibly look at as well. But yes, Expect the critique soon!
:D
Looking forward to it. Also, the stupid text editor messes up some of the words. I've tried to fix most of them, but I've probably missed some.

Awards

Chapter X

Where The Heart Is
Part-II

Atra recognized the program as Tron. Tron now wore a set of armor that had white glowing lines on it, and the armor also had four squares in the shape of a T at the top of his chest. He no longer wore his helmet, revealing his medium length brown hair. “What did you do Sora?” Tron asked. He was able to tell that Atra’s used his darkness to open the restricted file.

Atra turned around to let Tron see his face. “I’m not Sora.” Atra said answering Tron’s question.

Tron reached behind himself and grabbed his identity disk. He then pulled the disk apart into two identical disks. He gripped the disks tightly, and a ribbon of light appeared around both of them. “I don’t know who you are, but I will protect this system.”

With that, Tron hurled one of his disks at Atra. The latter summoned his blade and knocked the disk into the air. However, he hadn’t noticed that Tron had thrown his other disk. As with before Atra knocked the disk into the air. Atra looked back tosee that Tron was gone. Little did Atra know, Tron had leaped high above him, and grabbed both of his disks. He then rushed toward the floor, slamming his disk on the floor. When he did so a pulse of lightning came rising up; knocking Atra backward.

Atra then noticed that there was a cut on his chest; Tron’s attack actually hurt him. He knew that he wasn’t able to fight at his full power, but because of Radiant Garden’s barrier he was handicapped even more. But he knew that he could defeat Tron. Atra rushed toward Tron, and cut the latter across the chest. Tron fell to the ground, with a deep gash on his chest. Atra then stood over Tron, with his Keyblade pointed at his chest. He pulled his blade back and was about to deliver the final blow, but he noticed something. Inside Tron’s wound was a faint glimmer of light.

“Is that…” Atra realized that inside Tron was a heart. This confirmed what the computer had told him; anything could grow a heart. Atra sent his blade away, and walked back over to the terminal. He typed something, and then walked back over to Tron. He waved his hand and Tron became coated in darkness. When the darkness faded Tron’s wound had completely healed.

“Why?” Tron couldn’t figure out why Atra would heal him. This action defied all logic.

“You have a heart.” To Atra the fact that Tron could have a heart showed how wondrous the world really was. “Computer, send me back.” Atra said aloud. He then became coated in light and disappeared.

Atra appeared back in Radiant Garden’s computer room.

“Did your venture prove successful?” The computer asked.

“Yes.” Atra responded. He had learned enough to make his mission worth while.

Then a black X appeared on the computer screen, and a loud beeping sound echoed throughout the room. “Data-corrupted, system data in danger.” The voice said. Then the computer started to make a loud humming sound. Suddenly the beeping stop but the black X remained. “Corrupted date deleted, system data stabilized.”

This was a part of Atra’s plan. He had made it so the computer would delete all the stored data, except the data he didn’t corrupt. “Huh?” Atra then felt a certain presence in the world. He realized that it was the shards of the X-blade; it was faint but it was there. He walked out of the room into the abandoned Heartless factory, and jumped down. He could feel the X-blade shard beneath him, but he had no intention of taking them. He then saw a Keyblade placed beside his head. “I knew you’d be here.” Atra knew that it was Riku who had confronted him “You’re the type to see through such an obvious distraction.”

“I’m not letting you take the shards.” Riku said. He did his best to stay calm, but deep down he was afraid. He feared that with his diminished strength he wouldn’t be able to stop Atra.

“If I was going to take the shards, do you think I would come alone?” Atra asked.

Riku could tell that Atra was being honest. It would be foolish to try and take the shards alone. “Whatever your reason for coming here, I’m not letting you leave.”

“I don’t want to hurt you Riku.” Atra felt odd when he spoke. It was as if he didn’t say the sentence.

“I don’t care; I’ll protect Sora from you.” Riku had noticed that the only person Atra would reveal himself to was Sora. He assumed the Atra wanted something from Sora.

“Believe it or not, I have Sora’s best interest in mind.”

“I’m not going to listen to your lies!” Riku pulled his blade back and went to strike Atra, but Atra jumped forward; dodging Riku’s attack.

Atra turned around and looked Riku dead in the eyes. “I know where Sora’s road will end, and I only wish to help him.” Atra then summoned his blade. He held it with both hands at his waist, and the blade was pointed down and to the side. He knew that he would have to get serious if he wanted to defeat Riku. He even felt a little strange; it had been a long time since he had to get into his battle stance.

Riku got into his battle stance. “Sora doesn’t need you to help him. We will always be there for him.”

“At the end of Sora’s road you won’t be there, and neither will anyone else.”

This sent Riku into a rage. He thought that Atra meant he and everyone else would abandon Sora; something he swore he would never do again. He rushed toward Atra and swung his blade. Atra went to block the attack, but when he did so Riku vanished. Riku appearedb ehind Atra and struck the latter in the back. Atra turned around and countered by firing a sphere of darkness at Riku. Riku was able to block the attack with ease; something that he found rather odd. He expected Atra to be stronger. This was because of Radiant Garden’s barrier. Atra was able to use his dark powers, but they were extremely weak.

Atra then began to attack Riku with a furry of swings; but Riku was able to block every swing.A tra hated the fact that he was weakened so severely. It was then he realized he had to use his trump card. Although he didn’t know the out come of using that technique, he realized he didn’t have a choice.

“Kokoro Eximo!” As Atra yelled a mass of darkness erupted from his body. He then appeared behind Riku and slashed him multiple times in the back. Atra then created alarge sphere of darkness around Riku.

“Dream Eaters!” When Riku yelled his body became coated in a pale blue light, and the light formed a long blade around his Keyblade. Riku turned around and cut through Atra’s darkness. He went to slash Atra, but the latter blocked and countered by swinging his blade. When he did so a stream of darkness followed. The darkness pushed Riku back, but he was able to cut through the darkness before it did too much darkness.

The two Keyblade wielders now stood thirty meters away from each other. “Amazing Riku. To use the power of sleep when you’re awake is quite remarkable.” Atra said. Even he had to acknowledge Riku’s strength. “It’s sad that Sora doesn’t have that power.”

“What are you talking about!? Sora can use the Dream Eaters too!” Riku knew that both he and Sora obtained the power of the Dream Eaters after they first went into the Realm of Sleep.

“He did have that power, but he doesn’t anymore.” Atra said.

“What!?” Riku didn’t know that Sora had lost the ability to link with the Dream Eaters.

“He gave it away.”

Riku then tried to make sense of Atra’s words. “Roxas…” Riku realized that when Sora recreated Roxas, he passed that ability onto him.

“Yes, Sora gave that ability to Roxas. Perhaps it’s for the best; he would have lost it eventually

“Shut up!” Riku knew that he couldn’t stay linked with the Dream Eaters for much longer. He charged at Atra, while the latter did the same. When the two met they each swung their blades with all of their strength. When they clashed the whole world shook, and the glass tubes around them shattered. In their current states, the two were equally matched but neither was giving the other an inch.

Then Atra heard a familiar voice in his head. “I won’t let you hurt him!” When the voice was finished Atra felt his strength starting to be drained. Eventually Atra’s Keyblade vanished, and he was left in disbelief. He had no idea what had happened.

With Atra’s blade gone, Riku used this opportunity to strike Atra’s arm as hard as he could. He followed with an attack that the hoped would finish Atra for good. He jumped back and petals of light began to fall around him and Atra. He raised his blade, and in a flash he appeared behind Atra. Atra then felt the impact from Riku’s attack, as a pillar of light erupted from Atra’s body. Riku then felt his link with the Dream Eaters break. He hoped this attack was successful, because he knew that he didn’t have the strength to fight anymore. To Riku’s surprise, when the light faded Atra was still standing, or at least attempting to.

Riku’s attack left him wounded and weak. His coat was tattered and torn, with the upper right half completely gone. Atra couldn’t do anything; he just stood there gripping his right arm in pain. He didn’t understand how he could be defeated, even in his weakened state. Then he noticed something odd; his body wasn’t healing. The rest of The Forgotten’s bodies would heal, as long as their wounds weren’t too severe, rather quickly. He didn’t understand anything that had happened to him. He wondered how such a simple mission could go off the rails.

“Riku!” Both Riku and Atra looked as Mickey, Terra, Leon, Yuffie, Frion, and Cloud appeared outo f a corridor of light. The warriors quickly huddled around Riku, and pointed their weapons at Atra.

“We’ll never abandon Sora!” Riku cried. He was still stinging from Atra’s previous comment.

“Like I said,you won’t be there at the end of Sora’s road.” Atra said with while panting heavily.

“And how do you know!?” Riku demanded. He wanted to know if there was any reasoning behind Atra’s words.

“Because I’ve already walked that road.” Atra’s right hand then began to jerk, and a corridor of light appeared behind him. Before he could do anything, he fell back into the corridor.

Atra appeared in front of a tree, on top of a hill, looking out at an ocean. He didn’t even assess his situation; he quickly sat down in front of the tree and tried to heal himself. When he did so, nothing happened. This was enough to infuriate him. Not only was he defeated, but now he couldn’t even heal himself. However, his anger quickly subsided, and was replaced with sadness. He then felt a tear roll down his face. He wiped the tear away, and then stared at it. He then realized where he was, it was a place that he knew all too well.

He gripped his chest, and felt a heartbeat. “Is this supposed to be a joke?”

Then a corridor of darkness appeared. As quickly as it appeared, Shinu came rushing out of it to Atra’s side. “Atra! What happened!? Quick, let me heal you.” She attempted to heal Atra, but he pushed her away.

“I don’t need…your help.” Atra could feel his body starting to slip into sleep.

“Atra please, just let me.”

“NO!” Atra yelled. “I said I don’t need your help.”

Shinu understood why Atra was lashing out. She knew that he never liked receiving help from others, and the fact that he had been defeat didn’t help the situation. “Then I will acknowledge your wish.” She stood up and summoned a corridor of darkness.

“You could do it.” Atra said.

“What?” Shinu didn’t understand what he meant.

“You could defeat me, and take my number.” Atra then let out a quiet chuckle. “I’m sure Tenshi would want nothing more.”

“You know I would never fight you, let alone in your current condition.” Shinu didn’t feel like talking any further. She was about to leave, but Atra stopped her.

“I have good news. You’ll get your heart back soon.”

Atra’s words made her recall why they needed strong hearts.

“I need you eacht o find someone with a strong heart.” Atra said, addressing the members of The Forgotten.

“What for?” Shinu wondered why they needed to find strong heart.

“You’ve all probably noticed that you no longer have your hearts.”

“That doesn’t make any sense.” Tenshi said. “We had our hearts when we went so sleep.”

“I don’t know how we lost our hearts, but that’s not important. All I know is that we need to find strong hearts and fill them with our darkness. Then we use those hearts to replace our original ones.” Atra said.

“Why don’t we just get out original hearts?” Mizu quietly asked.

“Like the seven hearts of pure light, our hearts are used to keep this realm in balance. That’s why our hearts can’t leave this realm. However, we if replace those heart with those of equal power the realm will be kept in balance.”

“Why do we need our original hearts?” Ignis asked.

“Because the shards of the X-blade rest within them.” Atra replied.

“What about Oculus and Somnus?” Nix asked.

“I’ll take care of them.” Atra answered. “Do you all understand?”

“Yes.” Shinu said answering for everyone.

“What do you mean?” Atra then told Shinu about how a heart can be born. She didn’t how to think about this revelation. On one hand she was glad that they were getting closer to completing Atra’s plan. On the other hand, that meant that she didn’t have much time left. “Goodbye Atra.” She then entered the corridor.

Little did Atra and Shinu know someone had been watching them the entire time. It was a girlw earing a white dress shirt, and a blue plaid skirt. She also had long ash blonde, almost white, hair. She had no idea who the two were or why they were in her world. She eventually got the courage to walk over to Atra, and ask him who he was. But when she got there, Atra was passed out.

Atra found himself inside and empty black space. He had no idea where was, but before he could think any further an old man wearing black appeared before him. “Hello, it is an honor to be in the presence of one chosen by the X-blade.”

Atra stared into the man’s yellow eyes. “Hello, Xehanort.”

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Obliviónis Tredecim (DDD Spoilers, Post KH3) Ch.10 part 2

...but the boy was ablet o see a little.
able to see.
...used toc reate The Realm of Darkness.
to create.

I'm printing this now, but I just wanted to bring these two to your attention since I saw it in spell check. ene I'm fixing it before I print it so I'm not making a comment on it when I eventually post the critique.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

Atra has walked the same road as Sora and knows he will end up alone. Again, his tie to Sora is a mystery to me.How they even lost their hearts, when they went to sleep interests me too. Why does Atra think someone elses heart can become his own, makes me wonder how thats possible. Then again, I have a theory that the people with strong hearts, may actually have been the Forgottens hearts at one time. It would explain the connection to Sora that Atra has with him. Why he can wield a keyblade and fall into a light corridor without harm.

I'm curious about the mysterious girl who showed up after Shinu left and why there isn't much time left now. Seeing Xehanort speak to Atra in his sleep was a surprise.

I'm still left with so many questions that I'm trying to make sense of it all but that's what I love about this story. I look forward to your next update, Spirit.

Awards

Atra has walked the same road as Sora and knows he will end up alone. Again,
his tie to Sora is a mystery to me.How they even lost their hearts, when they
went to sleep interests me too. Why does Atra think someone elses heart can
become his own, makes me wonder how thats possible. Then again, I have a theory
that the people with strong hearts, may actually have been the Forgottens hearts
at one time. It would explain the connection to Sora that Atra has with him. Why
he can wield a keyblade and fall into a light corridor without harm.

I'm
curious about the mysterious girl who showed up after Shinu left and why there
isn't much time left now. Seeing Xehanort speak to Atra in his sleep was a
surprise.

A lot of this stuff is explained in the next part. Sora's connection to Atra is kind of hard to explain without spoiling it.

I'm still left with so many questions that I'm trying to make sense of it all
but that's what I love about this story. I look forward to your next update,
Spirit.

When I wrote I was thinking "What would Nomura write?"
...but the boy was ablet o see a little. able to see.

...used toc reate The Realm of
Darkness.

to create.

I'm printing this now, but I just wanted to bring these
two to your attention since I saw it in spell check. ene I'm fixing it before I
print it so I'm not making a comment on it when I eventually post the
critique.

I fixed those (stupid text editor!!!!)

Awards

Chapter X

Where The Heart Is
Part-III

The two beings of darkness stared at each other in an eerie silence. “Why are you here Xehanort, and what do you want?” Atra asked. He wasn’t mad at Xehanort for being inside him; instead he wanted to know how Xehanort came to be there. That and he knew Xehanort was the type to have reason for his actions.

Xehanort took a deep breath and prepared to deliver a long winded speech. “You and your comrades are the catalyst for my revenge.” Xehanort could tell that Atra wanted to hear more. “I realized that there was chance that my plan could fail. Even now I realize that I may have over looked a few things. So I decided to seek a power that could defeat my enemies if I could not.”

“And that’s where we came in.” Atra chimed in.

“Correct. I knew that the guardians of light could never defeat those that possessed the shards of the X-blade. So I went to The Realm of Darkness and created vessels to be filled with your darkness.”

“That’s why we can’t die.” Atra knew that as long as their hearts were connected to their vessels their hearts would keep filling said vessels with darkness. That was why no matter how severe their wounds were, their bodies would always heal themselves.

“Very perceptive Atra. It took a year for your bodies to be completed, and I knew that you would seek out the shards of light.”

“Wrong Xehanort, my body wasn’t completed.”

“That is where you are wrong.” Xehanort could tell that Atra didn’t know what he meant, so hetried to his best to explain it to the latter. “Your bodies took the form of what your hearts remembered of each of you. However, your past appearance is tied to you memories and since you refuse to acknowledge your past memories your body took the form of darkness; the only part of your past you acknowledge.”

Atra knew that Xehanort was right. He refused to even think about his past, and every time he even began to think about his it he would push his memories back into the corners of his mind. But Xehanort’s words did beg a certain question. “Then why did I take the form of Sora.”

“Simple. You refused to acknowledge your own memories, and embraced Sora’s. Think about it. How many times have you accessed Sora’s memories, and pushed your own away?”

Everything was starting to make sense to Atra, but he realized something important. “You never answered my question. Why are you here?”

“When I created your body, I placed a piece of my heart inside of you. That is why you are able to wield your Keyblade.” Xehanort then got a some what sad look on his face. “But that is also why you are in your current condition.” Now Xehanort could see that Atra was confused. “When you took Sora’s memories, they buried themselves into the dark corners of this heart. Then they began to form a sense of self, essentially creating a copy of Sora.”

Atra realized that he had encountered this “Sora” before. He then realized that “Sora” was the one who stopped him when he fought Riku. “How was he able to take control of my body?” Atra asked quietly.

“When you preformed the Kokoro Eximo, you released him from dark corners of this heart. But I’m afraid that it is slightly more complex than that.”

“What do you mean?”

“You have learned that a heart is born from an accumulation of memories and experiences. And since his memories have become dominant he is slowly taking hold of this heart.”

“Then what’sg oing to happen to me?”

“If you refuse to acknowledge your memories and emotions, he will eventually take full control of your body. And you will become nothing more than a memory.”

Atra didn’t know how to deal with the information that had been presented to him. He knew that he had to remeber his past, but that was something that he had tried very hard to forget. “Then what do you think I should do?”

Xehanort cracked an evil smile. “Embrace your past and emotions then reclaim your heart. Then strike down my enemies.”

“Enemies? I think you got the wrong impression.”

“What?” Xehanort was confused. All of Atra’s actions directly interfered with that of the Keyblade wielders. It was only logical to think that they were his enemies.

“They aren’t my enemies. They just fail to see what I’m trying to do.”

“I know the feeling.”

“Wrong Xehanort. You wanted power, and disguised it as some quest for balance; even you if you don’t want to admit it.”

Xehanort didn’t want to discuss himself, but he wanted to point something out to Atra. “Then tell me why, are you going after Sora?” Before Atra could reply Xehanort started speak. “Because I placed a subtle command inside this heart: Make Sora suffer. Along with that I gave you the knowledge on how to retrieve your hearts. You should be thanking me.” Atra began to chuckle at Xehanort, which quickly turned into hysterical laughter. Xehanort was caught off guard by this. “What is so funny?”

Atra regained his composure. “Didn’t you say I should embrace my emotions? I find it funny that you think I can be manipulated so easy. Do realize how conceded you sound? I’m not going after Sora because of some command you gave me. I have my own reasons for pursuing him.”

“Then what are your reasons?”

Atra then summoned a corridor of darkness behind him. “If you exist in this heart, then you should have access to my memories. I’m sure you of all people should be able to figure it out.” Atra then entered the corridor, leaving Xehanort all alone.

Ata appeared beside the tree he had passed out in front of; but something was different about the world. It was quieter, and seemed like it stood in place. Atra realized why the corridor of light took him to the world. He realized that it was “Sora” that brought him to that world. It was as if “Sora” wanted to show him something.

“She should be around here somewhere.” Atra said to himself. He knew the reason why the world was different; it was because he wasn’t in that world he was in a memory, more specifically, his memory.

Atra then heard a familiar voice; a voice he thought he would never hear again. “Atra! Where are you?!”

In Radiant Garden, Leon was examining the computer to see if he could salvage any data. “Damn!” Leon said while slamming his hand on the computer. “All of its gone. Everything’s we’ve learned is gone.”

Aerith put her hand on Leon’s shoulder. “Hey, there’s no need to get so worked up. I’m sure we didn’t lose everything.”

Leon took a deep breath. “We didn’t lose everything.”

Aerith perkedup. “That’s great! What’s left?”

Leon stood back and pointed at the monitor. Aerith leaned in and read the file that Atra left. It was roster of all of The Forgotten’s names, numbers, abilities, and weapons; along with a message from Atra.

Number XIII-Atra

Title-The Will of The Forgotten

Ability-Darkness

Weapon-Keyblade

Number XII-Shinu

Title-The Herald of Death

Ability-To resurrect the memory of the dead

Weapon-Scythe

Number XI-Tenshi

Title-The False Angel

Ability-To manipulate light

Weapon-None

Number X-Ignis

Title-The Lord of Flames

Ability-Fire

Weapon-Twin swords

Number IX-Nix

Title-The Frozen Vixen

Ability-Ice

Weapon-Ice claws

Number VIII-Kaze

Title-The Howling Wind

Ability-Wind

Weapon-Rings

NumberVII-Tonitrus

Title-The Silent Thunder

Ability-Lightning

Weapon-Katana

Number VI-Tsuchi

Title-The Raging Earth

Ability-Earth

Weapon-Lance

Number V-Mizu

Title-The Shifting Tide

Ability-Water

Weapon-Trident

Number IV-Tsuki

Title-The Rising Moon

Ability-Offensive techniques

Weapon-Sword

Number III-Sol

Title-The Setting Sun

Ability-Defensive techniques

Weapon-Shield

Number II-Oculus

Title-The Watcher

Ability-Monitor movements of The Forgotten

Weapon-None

Number I-Somnus

Title-The Darkness of Sleep

Ability-Sleep

Weapon-None

Use this information as you will. –Atra

Aerith was confused. She didn’t understand why Atra would finish their roster. They had it filled minus Somnus and Oculus. “This doesn’t make any sense.” Aerith said aloud.

“I know. Why would he do this?” Leon replied. The two stood and tried to figure out Atra’s motives.

On top Radiant Garden’s tallest tower, Riku was sitting there with his head in his hands; thinking about his fight with Atra.

“Mind if I sit with you?” Riku turned his head to see Naminé standing beside him. He was so wrapped up in thought that he hadn’t noticed her. He did not acknowledge her; instead he returned his head to his hands.

Naminé then sat down beside Riku. She could see that he needed some cheering up. “You should be happy Riku. You were able to defeat the leader of The Forgotten. Who knows, we may be able to win this after all.”

“I didn’t win.” Riku said quietly. “He was fighting at a quarter of his strength and I was barely able to keep up with him.” Riku knew that only reason he won was because he got lucky. “And the sad part is he will only get stronger.” Naminé then saw tears falling down Riku’s face. “If can I barely beat him in when he’s weak, what am I going to do when he’s at full strength?” Riku was now having trouble speaking through his tears. “How am I supposed to protect everyone?” The silver haired master felt completely helpless. He couldn’t think of a way to defeat The Forgotten. That and Atra’s words about Sora made him feel worse.

Naminé put her arm around Riku, pushed his hands down, and wiped the tears from his eyes. “You don’t have to carry this burden alone. You have me, Sora, Kairi, Xion, and everyone else. We will always be there to help you.” She then smiled at him.

Riku returned the smile. “Thank you, Naminé.” Her words helped lift his spirits. She made him realize that he didn’t have to fight alone; he had his friends by his side. “Naminé…”

“Riku…” The two then stared into each other’s eyes.

“RIKU!” Riku and Naminé’s moment was interrupted by Xion. The black haired girl came running up to Riku; clearly distraught. “Kairi’s gone!”

“What!?” Rikuq uickly stood up and put his hands on Xion’s shoulders. “Where did she go!? Why didn’t you stop her!?”

“She gave me this letter, and left.” Xion said while pushing Riku’s hands off her shoulders. She then pulled out the letter Kairi had left her.

Riku quickly snatched the letter out of her hand and opened it.

Riku, I’m sorry to leave without saying goodbye, but I knew that you would never let me leave if you found out. And don’t blame Xion, this was my decision. I’m going to find a way to get stronger. I’m tired of having everyone fight for me. Now I’m going to fight for them. I know that you’ll try and find me, but don’t. This something I have to doon my own.

Love, Kairi

P.S. Please don’t tell Sora. I don’t want to make him worry.

Riku folded up the letter and put it in his pocket. “Did she say anything else?” Riku respected Kairi’s decision, but he knew that he had to keep her safe.

“She gave me this too.” Xion held out her hands and a sphere of light floated form her chest to her hands. Riku recognized the sphere as Kairi’s X-blade shard. “She said to give it to Sora.”

In the Realm of Darkness, Tenshi was sitting on the dark beach. She was thinking of a way to save the person that she cared about most. Shinu then walked up to Tenshi and sat beside her. “Speak of the devil.”

“Huh?” Shinu didn’t know what her friend meant.

“Nothing.” Tenshi then changed the conversation. “So how’s Atra? Oculus said he got beat pretty bad.” Knowing this made Tenshi feel happy.

“He will be fine. He is number thirteen after all.”

“Why didn’t you fight him? You could have taken his number.”

“Do we have to talk about this? Why do you even care if I become number thirteen?” Shinu was annoyed by Tenshi’s comment.

“What!?” Shinu’s words made Tenshi very angry. “You know the rule. Number thirteen is the one who gets to wield the X-blade.” Tenshi then got a sad look on her face. “And the rest of us become the X-blade, and dissapear.” Then her anger returned. “Don’t you care if you exist!?”

Shinu’s face the lit up with anger. “That’s enough Tenshi. Are feelings are not real, you know that!” Shinu then watched as Tenshi’s sadness returned.

“You’re right, our feelings aren’t real. Whether its devotion, love, honor, lust, joy, calmness, anger, confusion, respect, curiosity, or admiration, our feelings aren’t real. Yet they still are. But who cares if our feelings aren’t real?” Tenshi then began to cry. “All I know is that I don’t want you to dissapear.”

“What is a feeling if it does not have a past to define it?” Shinu then saw a look of shock appear on Tenshi’s face. “Unlike the rest of us Atra has a past. He has reasons for the way he feels. And I know that he will do what is best for the worlds.” Shiun then looked Tenshi dead in the eyes. “Maybe you should stop, and think about someone other than yourself.”

Tenshi stood up in a fit of anger and sadness. “Do what you want! I don’t care anymore!” She then ran into a corridor of darkness.

Shinu sat on beach in compete silence, and solitude as a stream of tears rolled down her face. “I think I will miss you the most.”

Back in the world Atra was in, the young girl stared at him. In his current state he looked calm, and at peace. It was just something about him that hypnotized her. She then noticed Atra’s wounded body. She placed her hand on his chest and immediately retracted it, expecting him to wake up. But he remained as still as the tree he rested on.

The girl then came up with an idea. “I know! I’ll go get some medicine to fix you up. Don’t leave okay.” The girl then ran away to get medical supplies.

She returned an hour later, and was surprised at what she saw. Atra’s wounds had healed completely. She had no idea how he was able to heal, but she knew that here was something special about him. She then sat down a foot away from Atra.

She was very hesitant with her words, but she decided to go for it. “You’re cute.” The girl then felt her face turn red with embarrassment. She then noticed Atra crack a gentle smile. This made her feel very happy. Little did she know, Atra was smiling at something else.

The next day the girl went back to Atra. She sat beside him, this time a few inches closer. She then began to tell him more about herself. “I’m Keira; I’ve lived in this world all my life. I wish that I could go and see other worlds, but my brother won’t let me. He keeps telling me” she then did the best impression of a boy’s voice. “Keira, you can’t visit other worlds, it’s too dangerous. You have no idea what’s out there.” She then laughed at her own impression, and then stared at Atra. “I bet you’re from another world. You’ve probably visited more places than I’ve ever dreamed of.” The girl then scooted closer to Atra, and rested her head on his chest. “Will you take me to other worlds?”

The next day Keira returned to Atra. When she got to him, she saw tears rolling down his face, yet his face remained emotionless. “What’s wrong!?” She rushed to his side and wiped the tears from his eyes. But no matter how many times she wiped his tears away, he kept crying. She then rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around him. “Please stop crying, I don’t like it when people cry.” When she finished speaking, Atra’s tears stopped. “Did you…?”

Keira continued to lay on Atra well into the night. She knew that her brother and her friends were probably worried about her, but she didn’t care. All she cared about was being with Atra. “My friends say that you’re not real. They say that I’m just making you up to get my brother’s attention. But I know you’re real.” She didn’t know why she was drawn to Atra; all she knew was that she wanted to be next to him. She then decided to act on her feelings. She lifted her head till it was level with Atra’s. Then she began slowly move her lips closer to his. Her lips almost met his, until Atra’s face flinched; causing her to back away quickly.

Keira then heard Atra’s voice for the first time. “…Sóror”

She then slapped her face. “Stupid Keira, stupid, stupid, stupid.” She couldn’t believe what she almost did. She thought that Sóror was Atra’s girlfriend. She hated that she almost kissed someone who was in a relationship. The girl then watched as Atra’s eyes began to slowly open. “I’m so glad you’re awake?”

Atra, was surprised to someone when woke. He quickly stood up and backed away from Keira. Atra then got a good look at her, and was shocked by her appearance; more specifically her hair. “Who are you?”

Keira stood up, and looked into Atra’s amber colored eyes. “Oh!” She almost forgot that Atra wasn’t conscious when she told him her name. “I’m Keira.”

Atra stared back into her blue eyes. “I’m Atra.” He then summoned a corridor of darkness.

Keira was shocked that he was going to leave. She expected that he would at least talk to her. She then got up the courage to ask Atra something. “Will you take me with you?”

Atra was reluctant to answer her. “You can come.” Atra then watched as her eyes light up with joy. But he thought it was fair to warn her about something first. “But this is a one way trip. If you come with me you can never go home.” Keira stood there completely silent. Atra took her silence as a no. “I guess appearance is the only thing you two have in common.” Atra was about to enter the corridor, but he felt a hand on his shoulder.

“Take me with you.”

“You do realize what you’re giving up, right?” Atra wanted to make sure she knew what she was doing.

“Yes, all I know is that I want to go with you.” Atra smiled at her, and the two departed for the Realm of Darkness.

In the Realm of Darkness, Tenshi was standing before Kingdom Hearts and the rest of The Forgotten’s hearts. She placed her hand on her chest and a black heart flew out of her chest and onto the eleventh pillar. The heart that was on the eleventh pillar then flew into her chest. She felt the power of her X-blade shard course through her body.

“I don’t care what you say Shinu, I will save you. Even if that means I have to kill Atra to do it.”

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Obliviónis Tredecim (DDD Spoilers, Post KH3) Ch.10 part 3

I don't think you should be thinking what Nomura would write. He iiis kind of more an artist than a writer. Write what you want, not what you think someone else would do, too.

Just my 2 cents but eh, I'm not a fan of Nomura's writing. UoU Oh well.

For example, if I ctrl F "darkness" I get 197 results on the first page of this fic. While yes it follows the dialogue style of KH that isn't necessarily good because you are mostly describing things, not talking. I think you could emulate the feel and style of KH fine while using dialogue but still describe and construct your story the way you feel comfortable with?

I'm sorry if this is confusing and wrong of me to say.

Awards

I don't think you should be thinking what Nomura would write. He iiis kind of
more an artist than a writer. Write what you want, not what you think someone
else would do, too.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I meant that I wanted to make the story feel like Kingdom Hearts. Like with all the mysteries, and twist and turns the story can take. The writing style is my own, with a few hints of other writers mixed in. I'm sorry if that doesn't make any sense

For example, if I ctrl F "darkness" I get 197 results on the first page of this
fic. While yes it follows the dialogue style of KH that isn't necessarily good
because you are mostly describing things, not talking. I think you could emulate
the feel and style of KH fine while using dialogue but still describe and
construct your story the way you feel comfortable with?

197 times on the first page, wow. I'm giving Ansem a run for his money. Seriously though, I will try keep the dialouge KHish (if that's even a word), and describe things diffirently.

I'm sorry if this is confusing and wrong of me to say.
Don't sweat it Annoyance. Besides, taking critisicm is the only way I can get better.

Awards

Chapter XI

The Roads We Walk

Sora was sitting on the beach of Destiny Island’s islet. The strange part was he had no idea how came to be in his home world. He remembered leaving Radiant Garden, then the next thing he knew he was home. He suspected that Atra was involved, but he didn’t have any evidence to support this theory. As he thought about Atra, he felt different. When he thought about his doppelganger before he was filled with anger, but know he felt a sense of empathy. He felt that he understood why Atra was doing what he was doing, but he didn’t know why he felt this way. Sora wasn’t mad at this, he was just confused. He didn’t know how he could identify with someone when he knew nothing about them. However, he knew that he and Atra were connected, and if he could follow that connection he could learn more about his enemy.

Sora stood up and summoned his Keyblade. He took a deep breath and pointed his blade directly in front of himself. When he did so a large sphere surrounded by diamond shape objects around it appeared. The sphere was solid black, except for a small glimmer of light in the center. Sora knew that this portal would take him to Atra, but he didn’t know what the outcome would be. He brushed off his feelings and he and the portal become covered in a pale light. Sora’s body then fragmented into many spheres of light, and flew into the portal.

Sora found himself diving downward through a sea of black. In the distance he could sees mall glimmer of light. Sora was confused by what he saw. He thought that Atra was a being of pure darkness. But if that was true, how could light exist inside him? He knew that there was only way to find out. He kept diving downward, ever closer to the light. As he got closer to the light, he could fell something pulling him back. However, he did not let this stop him, and he kept diving. Finally, he made it to the light. He reached out toward it, hoping that the light would pull him in.

“You do not belong here Sora.” As Sora heard the voice, a giant black X appeared in front of him; keeping him away from the light. Then the space shifted, and Sora now stood on the X. Sora then watched as his former enemy appeared before him.

“Xehanort! So you’re behind this!” Sora yelled while summoning his blade. Sora wasn’t surprised to see Xehanort; he always knew that he hadn’t seen the last of his former enemy. He just wasn’t sure how Xehanort would appear again.

“In a way.”Xehanort didn’t see a point in hiding his role in The Forgotten’s return. “I did revive them, but they now act on their own accord. I am in as much control of them as you are of Atra.”

Sora then realized something. “What are you doing inside Atra!? Are you planning to control him like you did Terra!?” Possessing people was one of Xehanort’s trademarks.

“I have no intention of taking control of Atra.” Xehanort then began to frown. “Even someone as powerful as me cannot hope to control him.” The Keyblade Master hated to admit that he couldn’t do something. Not being able to control Atra was almost a big of a blow to his ego as losing to Sora.

“Then tell me,what do you want!?” Sora demanded.

Xehanort then told Sora how he came to be inside Atra, and how The Forgotten were to be theinstruments of his revenge. “And you have no way of defeating them.”

Sora stared at Xehanort with his eyes full of determination. “You’re wrong Xehanort! I will defeat them, and protect everyone!”

“You lack the power to protect yourself, let alone anyone else.” Xehanort saw that his words didn’t faze Sora. “Admit it Sora, you know as well as I that you have lost too much strength.”

“I know that I’ve lost a lot of my power, and I don’t care. As long as I have my friends, I won’t lose. They are my power!”

Xehanort had heard Sora say those words many times. Except now, he knew where Sora’s path would take him. “He once believed the same thing, and now look at him.” Xehanort then smiled at Sora. “Maybe there is hope for you yet.”

“Are you talking about Atra!?” Sora wondered what Xehanort meant. Atra believing his friends were his power didn’t sound like him at all; at least from what Sora gathered.

Since Xehanort had spoken with Atra he had viewed the latter’s memories. He now knew why Atra was targeting Sora, and what his plans were. Even Xehanort had to admit that Atra’s goals were justified. “He will be the one to tell you.” The elderly master extended his hand and an invisible force began to pull Sora upward. The latter stabbed his blade into the X to prevent him from being blown away. “Before you go, give Riku my regards. I wouldn’t expect anyone to be able to defeat Atra.”

“What!?” Sora was initially concerned for Riku. He expected that his friend had been injured if he had battled Atra. Then he felt a sense of pride. He was proud that Riku was able to stand against Atra and win.

Xehanort then walked over to Sora. “To think that I was bested by you.” He was still sore about being defeated by Sora.

“Youunder estimated us Xehanort. We’ll defeat The Forgotten just like we defeated you.” As Sora spoke he could feel his body start to be sucked upward; despite his best effort to prevent this.

Xehanort didn’t let Sora’s words faze him Instead he wanted to tell Sora something important. “Maybe you can defeat them. After all, he does want your power to match his.” Before Sora could respond, Xehanort kicked him in the air, and Sora was sucked into the sea of black.

In the Realm of Darkness, Atra and Kiera arrived in The Forgotten Chamber. When they got there only Nix, Mizu, Oculus, and Somnus were there.

“Where’sTsuchi?” Atra asked. He expected her to wait a while until she went out again.

Nix then spotted Keira hiding behind Atra. “Who’s your friend Atra? Don’t tell me you’ve finally decided to put yourself out there.” Nix walked over Atra, as she did so Keira hid herself behind Atra; leaving only her eyes peaking over Atra’s shoulder. “Don’t be scared sweetie I don’t bite, unless you ask nicely.”

Keira was hesitant to say anything. She could feel a great power coming from the beings of darkness in the room. However, she thought that since they were Atra’s friends they wouldn’t hurt her. “H-Hello…I’m Keira.”

“That’s a pretty name.” Mizu interjected.

“Thank you.” Keira replied.
“You never answered my question Nix.” Atra didn’t mind that the members were getting to know Kiera; he just wanted his question answered.

“She left with Tonitrus. She said something about fighting Terra.” Nix answered.
Atra then heard Keira start to breathe heavily. He realized that her body wasn’t accustomed to the dark energy that flowed through the realm.

“Atra…what’s happening?” Keira said while feeling the darkness press down on her. It felt like a fifty pound weight was pressing down on her shoulders. “Who…is that?” She then caught sight of Somnus. As she stared at the girl, she began to feel sleepy.

Atra then felt a rush of wind as Keira collapsed beside him. Mizu started to run over to Keira, but Atra held out his hand, and Mizu stopped. “She’ll be alright, she’s with Somnus.” Atra said while he knelt down beside the girl. “Tell Somnus I’ll visit her soon.”

Back on Destiny Islands, Sora was thrown out the portal into the sand. Sora then watched as his portal vanished. He then tried to process the information that he had been given. While he was glad that he learned how The Forgotten arrived, he was worried about Riku. He expected that Riku had been wounded by Atra, even if his friend had won the fight.

“I hope you’re okay Riky.” Sora summoned a corridor of light, and left for Radiant Garden.

Sora appeared inRadiant Garden’s computer room. There Leon was trying to salvage any data he could, but he wasn’t having the best of luck.

“Sora!” Leon said. He was surprised that Sora would come to Radiant Garden. He found it odd that Sora would show up just after Atra left. It was just too coincidental. “What are you doing here?”

“Where’s Riku!? Is he okay!?” Sora just wanted to know if his friend was okay.

“He’s fine, why are you worried about him?” Leon wondered how Sora knew what happened to Riku.

“Sora!” Before Sora could respond Riku walked through the door. “Why are you here?” Riku also found it odd that Sora would show up just after Atra left.

Sora ran up to Riku and through his arms around his friend. “Riku! I’m glad you’re okay!” Sora was relieved to see that Riku was okay. This helped to ease the boy’s mind. “I can’t believe you beat Atra.” Sora said while backing away from Riku. “They’ll have to think twice about fighting us.”

Although Riku was glad to see Sora, his question remained unanswered. “Why are you here Sora?” Sora took a deep breath and told Riku and Leon about his encounter with Xehanort. “I knew we hadn’t seen the last of him.” Like Sora, Riku wasn’t surprised that Xehanort was involved.

“I know.” Sora said. “What about you? Did Atra say anything?” Sora wondered if Atra had revealed anything to Riku.

“No.” Riku said quickly. He didn’t want Sora to know where his road would take him. That and the revelation that Atra wanted to make Sora stronger didn’t help. “Anyway,what are you going to do?” Riku wanted to turn the conversation far away from Atra.

“I’m going to keep finding strong warriors. I guess you’re going to stay here.” Riku nodded at his friend. Sora then noticed the black X on the computer screen. “What’s that?” Sora said while walking over the computer. “What happened?” Leon then told Sora what Atra did when he entered the Grid. “What!? Is Tron okay!?”

Leon got a sad look on his face. “He hasn’t contacted us yet.” Leon was worried that Tron hadn’t contacted them; he was prepared for the worst.

Sora slammed his hands on the computer. “Computer, send me to the Grid!” He needed to know what had happened to Tron.

“I cannot allow you to enter the Grid Sora.” The computer responded. “The last time you entered the Grid, the system’s integrity was compromised. I cannot allow you to damage the system any further.”

“I didn’t go to the Grid that was an imposter!” Sora was doing his best to prove his innocence.

“Whether that is true or not, I cannot take that risk.” The computer wasn’t trying to anger Sora. It was just doing what it thought was best for the system.

Sora began to slam his hands on the computer. “Stupid Computer!”

As Sora continued to bang on the computer, until he heard a voice coming from the computer. “Sora?”

Sora immediately recognized the voice. “Tron!” He was overjoyed to hear the programs voice.

“I can’t believe I got through. Are all the users okay?” Tron was more concerned about the users then the state of the Grid.

“We’re fine Tron. What about you, are you okay?” Sora on the other hand was more concerned about Tron.

“I’m functioning at seventy-five percent. But I should be back to full capacity soon.”

“Why are you weak? Did something happen to you?” Tron then told him about his battle with Atra. “Why?” Sora couldn’t make heads or tails of Atra’s actions. Everything he did defied all logic and reason.

“I don’t know why he didn’t derezz me.” Tron’s voice then started to become muffled by static. “The…connection…breaking…I’ll…repair…here…” Trons voice then disappeared, and the words CONNECTION LOST appeared on the screen.

Both Leon and Riku expected Sora to be sad, but Sora turned around and smiled at them. “At least I know he’s okay.”

“You never change.” Leon said with a grin. Sora was still the happy-go-lucky kid he met three years ago in Traverse Town.

“What’s that suppose to mean?” Sora said while trying to look serious.

“Nothing.” Leon then turned his attention back to the computer. “I’ll see if I can salvage anything. And maybe find a way to contact Tron.”

“Let me know if you find anything.” Sora summoned a corridor and was about to leave, but he was stopped by Riku. “What’s up?”

Riku held out his hand and a sphere of light appeared in his hand. “Is that…”

Riku nodded and smiled. “She said to give it to you.” Riku did his best not to tell Sora about Kairi’s departure; he wanted to honor her wishes.

Sora grabbed theX-blade shard and placed it inside his chest. He expected the shard to leave his body, but nothing happened. He deduced that the reason the shard left the first time was because Atra was inside his heart.

“How do you feel?” Riku wanted to know how much Sora’s strength would increase.

Sora could feel the shards power course through his body. “I feel better than ever. I think I could take on all of The Forgotten single handed.” Sora said with a cocky smile. However he was just putting on a brave face for Riku. In actuality his power was at same level as before he brought back Roxas.

Riku could tell that Sora was lying to him. But he didn’t want to call his friend on his lie. “Anyway, you still have a job to do.” Riku said.

“Yeah, tell Kairi I said hi.” Sora then disappeared into the corridor.

“Why didn’t you tell him what Atra said?” Leon asked. He wanted to know what Riku’s reason was, but he had a general idea of why.
“He has enough on his mind; he doesn’t need to worry about anything else.”

Leon was hesitant with his next sentence, but he wanted Riku’s input. “Do you think he was right about Sora ending up alone?”

Riku had given Atra’s words a lot of thought, and he finally came up with a course of action. “Sora will never be alone. As long as I live I will always be there for him, and I’m sure you and everyone else feel the same.”

Leon smiled at the Keyblade Master. “It’s only fair. He’s always been there for us.”

Riku returned the smile. “And he always will.”

In a strange place, Keira found herself lying in a field of white flowers. She stood up and began to assess her situation. She had no idea how she ended up in the place. The last thing she remembered was standing behind Atra, and then nothing. She then noticed a solid white castle in the distance. As she stood she began to hear someone singing.

“He will make us whole, he will make us strong, he will unite the worlds, and we’ll sing his song. We’ll stand by him, and present our shards, till the blade’s complete, and the keys are gone. Then we’ll all be kings, and fly with our wings, over the sky and beyond the sea.”

The song repeated, and Keira followed the sound until she found its source. She found a little girl with white hair, wearing a black coat, picking flowers. Keira realized that the girl was Somnus, but his begged a certain question. Where was she and why was Somnus there?

Suddenly Somnus stopped singing, and vanished. Keira was left confused and stunned. “Who are you?” Keira turned around to see Somnus.

“Woah!” Keira fell down from the shock of seeing Somnus. She didn’t expect her to appear behind her.

Somnus curiously stared at the girl. “Do you know Atra?”

Keira washesitant, but she could tell that Somnus didn’t mean any harm. “Yes, he brought me to his home. But I don’t know how I ended up here.”

“I’m sorry,that’s my fault.” Keira then got a confused look on her face, so Somnus did her best to explain the situation to her.

“When someone with light in their heart gets near me they fall asleep, then they end up here.”

“But where is “here”?”

“This is the Realm of Sleep.”

“Why are you here though? Why aren’t you outside with your friends?”

Somnus then got a sad look on her face. “I can’t wake up. I’ve never even met any of the other members. The only one I’ve met is Atra.” Somnus then began to cry. “He hasn’t even visited me since he woke up.”

Keira walked over to Somnus and knelt down in front of the little girl. “Please don’t cry.” Keira then wiped the tears from Somnus’s eyes. “I’m sure Atra will visit you soon.”

Somnus smiled at Keira. “You think so?” Somuns’s eyes lit up with hope.

“I’ll be sure to tell him that you want him to see him.” Keira then remembered the song Somnus was singing. “Who was that song about?”
“Atra of course.” Somnus said with a big smile.

“You must really look up to him.”

“I sure do. He’s going to make the world better.”

“How’s he going to do that?” Keira was curious to learn what Atra’s plans were.

“He’s going to give everyone a crown and wings.”

“Huh?” Keira hadn’t the slightest idea what Somnus meant.

“It’s from a story he told me.” Somnus the remembered a story Atra told her long ago. “I’m sure he’ll tell it to you if you ask.”

“I’ll have to ask him then.” Keira decided to steer the conversation elsewhere. She then began to look around; looking for an exit.

“How do I get out of this place?”

“I can send you back.”

“Really? That would be great.”

Somnus put her hand on Keria’s heart, and the latter’s body began to fade. “Oh! I never got your name.”

“I’m Keria.”

“I’m Somnus.”

“Well Somnus, I’ll come visit you again, and next time Atra will come with me.” Keira’s body then faded away completely.

Keria woke up to the sound of waves lapping against a shore. The first thing she saw was Atra sitting beside her. She sat up and found herself sitting on a beach.

“So she sent you back, huh?” Atra said. He assumed that Somnus sent Keira back to the Realm of Darkness.

“Yeah, she misses you. I told her that you would visit her soon.” Keira then realized that she was wearing a black coat like Atra’s, along with black pants and boots.“What happened to my clothes?”

“That coat protects you from the darkness.” He then noticed that Keira began to curiously stare at him. He had an idea of what she was thinking. “Don’t worry, I didn’t undress you. That coat just changes the clothes beneath it.”

Keira couldn’t help but blush in embarrassment. She couldn’t believe that she thought that Atra would undress her. She then decided to change the topic. “Somnus seems to look up to you. She was even singing a song about you.”

“She does, she even based her appearance off of mine.”

“Huh?” Keira was confused. From what she had seen, Somnus looked nothing like Atra. “You two look nothing alike.”

Atra didn’t see the harm in telling her the truth. “Somnus can take on whatever form she wants. She admires me so much that she took on my appearance; more specifically my hair.”

“But your hair’sblack, and her hair’s white.”

Atra was a little annoyed about being interrupted, but he didn’t let it bother him. “I was getting to that. This isn’t my true appearance. This is the appearance of a boy named Sora. My true appearance is a little different.”

“How different?”

“Mainly myhair.”

“So your hair is actually white.” Keira was starting to connect the dots.

“No. When I visited Somnus I kept my hood up, so she never got a good look at me. My hair is actually ash blonde. It looks about the same yours.”

Keira was doingher best to understand what she had been told. It was hard to believe, but she was accustomed to dealing with things that were hard to believe. She then remembered the story Somnus had mentioned. “So why do want to give everyone a crown and wings?”

“Somnus told you that didn’t she.” Keira nodded at him. “It will make more sense if I tell you the story.”

“I would love to hear it.”

“Atra!” Before Atra could say anything, Shinu appeared through a dark corridor. “Tenshi has taken her heart!”

Atra wasn’t alarmed by the news. Instead he cracked smile. “So she was the first to grow a heart, I can’t say I’m surprised. She’ll probably come for me soon. She knows she won’t be able to defeat me if I get my shard.” He stood up and stared at Shinu. “I don’t want you to anything to stop her. Just keep building our army.”

Shinu was shocked by Atra’s lack of concern. “What!? You expect me to sit by and watch!” She didn’t want to watch the people she cared about the most fight.

“I’ll take care of it Shinu; you of all people should have known that this was going to happen.”

Although Shinu didn’t want to, she decided to follow Atra’s orders. “Then I’ll keep building our army.” The Herald of Death then noticed Keria. “Who is she?”

Keira stood upand held out her hand. “I’m Keira.” She expected Shinu to welcome her like the other members did.

Shinu ignoredthe girl, and kept her eyes on Atra. “What is she doing here?”

“That is none of your concern.” Atra said while summoning a corridor of darkness. “C’mon Keira.”
“Where are we going?” Keira asked.

“We’re going to another world. That’s what you wanted right?”

Keira smiled at Atra. She was glad that he remembered her request. Little did she know Atra didn’t remember, he was just good at reading people. “Let’s go.” Keira followed Atra into the corridor. When she did so she saw Shinu glaring at her.

At the Mysterious Tower, Lea was standing before Yen-Sid.

“How goes your mission?” The elderly master asked.

“It’s going, but don’t you think this is a little excessive; coming up with a backup plan for the backup plan.”

“The power we are facing is beyond my comprehension. I fear that this may be our only option.” Yen-Sid said with a hint of fear.

“I know, I know, but this won’t sit well with Sora. He’ll probably flip a lid once he finds out.”

“Sometimes sacrifices have to be made for the greater good. Hopefully he’ll understand when the time comes.”

“Sora’s never been one for sacrifice. He thinks that everyone can have a happy ending.”

“That he does. He even went as far as sacrificing his strength to revive Xion.”

“What!? Xion’s back!” Lea was shocked to hear the news of Xion’s revival. He then slammed his fist on Yen-Sid’s desk. “Why didn’t you tell me!?”

“In all fairness, not even Roxas knows yet.”

“You haven’t even told Roxas! Why didn’t you tell us!? We have the right to know if our friend is back!” Lea hated that he and Roxas were kept in the dark.

Yen-Sid knew that there was not use in arguing. “She is in Radiant Garden. I’ll inform Roxas if I see him.”

Lea summoned acorridor of light. “I guess this kind of stuff happens when you get stuck with the icky-jobs.” Lea then disappeared into the corridor.

Back in Radiant Garden, Riku was helping Leon repair the data space. Leon was able to salvage a few files, but nothing too important.

“I think we got about all we’re going to get.” Leon said. He realized that most of the data was deleted, and they had little hope of recovering it.

“We should call it quits for now. You probably need you rest.” Riku knew that Leon was stretching himself thin.

“You’re right.”

Leon and Riku then watched as a corridor of light appeared before them. They expected it to be Sora, but they were wrong. Out of the corridor stepped a man in his early-twenties wearing a brown duster over a white shirt and blue pants. He had medium ash blonde hair and green eyes.

“I’m looking for someone, and I need your help.” The man said.

“Who are you?” Riku asked. He could see the determination in the man’s eyes.

The man knew there was only one way to convincethem to help him. He held out his and a flash of white light and transparent feathers formed a Keyblade. The blade’s guard was made of two folded white angelic wings with red trim. The blade itself was a thin red blade with white trim, and an expanded white angelic wing with red trim forming the teeth. At the top of the handle was a blue eye with a crack across it forming an X.

Riku’s eyes immediately went to the eye on the blades handle; it looked exactly like the eyes on his blade. “Where did you get that blade?”

The man didn’t hesitate. “A man named Xehanort gave it to me.”

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Obliviónis Tredecim (DDD Spoilers, Post KH3) Ch.11

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wlrbc1.jpg

Alright so this a preview, and it's really chaotic at the moment but I'm thinking I'm going to do parts and then give an overall because, as you can see... I have a bit to say. I do want to get this done, somewhat fast, so parts would help.

Please don't go off what I write, nothing's finalized. Though, if you can read what I scribble down, you can get an idea of some of the things you need to work on.

Edit update: My basic write up is done-ish so eventually I'll write it up. I have a current project I need to finish before this though so it's going to be a bit, I apologize.

Last edited:
Awards

Alright so this a preview, and it's really chaotic at the moment but I'm thinking I'm going to do parts and then give an overall because, as you can see... I have a bit to say. I do want to get this done, somewhat fast, so parts would help.

Please don't go off what I write, nothing's finalized. Though, if you can read what I scribble down, you can get an idea of some of the things you need to work on.

Edit update: My basic write up is done-ish so eventually I'll write it up. I have a current project I need to finish before this though so it's going to be a bit, I apologize.

It is a little chaotic, but I see your points. If I remeber right my writing gets better in chapter 5. It's okay just take your time, no need to rush.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards

So much has happen in this chapter that I'm not really sure what to be more shocked about! Also why must everyone keeping interrupting Atra? I want to know the story! Sheesh! xD Sora meeting Xehanort like that, it gives me really bad vibes. Especially what Xehanort had to say. If Sora really ends up alone, will he be strong enough to handle it? Keira is really mysterious. She reminds me of Kairi sort of, but what is her connection to Atra? How does he know her? Why do I keep thinking Atra was once somebody like Sora? what is Xehanorts role in all of this?

And saving the best for last, just who on earth is this new guy that shows up with a keyblade? Why did Xehanort give him a keyblade? is he from the future? (just throwing it out there).

Even after all this time, Atra knew Tenshi was going to want to fight him. I have the feelig it will be a promising fight. I highly doubt Shinu will sit back but that's what makes it more exciting! I'm also really curious about Somnus x] don't know what to say about her just quite yet but I hope to learn more about her.

It was good to see Lea in this chapter. I hope he meets up with Xion soon and I kind of feel bad for him when he said “I guess this kind of stuff happens when you get stuck with the icky-jobs.”

I really like this chapter Spirit. I look forward to the next one and can't wait to learn more about the Forgotten and where Sora went off to next! Also, will I find out where Kairi goes too? Been wondering about that :)

Awards

So much has happen in this chapter that I'm not really sure what to be more shocked about! Also why must everyone keeping interrupting Atra? I want to know the story! Sheesh! xD Sora meeting Xehanort like that, it gives me really bad vibes. Especially what Xehanort had to say. If Sora really ends up alone, will he be strong enough to handle it? Keira is really mysterious. She reminds me of Kairi sort of, but what is her connection to Atra? How does he know her? Why do I keep thinking Atra was once somebody like Sora? what is Xehanorts role in all of this?
He'll tell the story eventually, proabably really soon. Like I said before Atra knows where Sora's road ends because he walked that road himself (if that makes any sense). Keira meeting Atra was pure coincidence, or maybe not. Atra doesn't know her, she just looks like someone he use to know. Xehanort has a trick or two left, just not sure what those tricks are.

And saving the best for last, just who on earth is this new guy that shows up with a keyblade? Why did Xehanort give him a keyblade? is he from the future? (just throwing it out there).
He's explained in the next part. At least how he got his Keyblad and why. I think you'll like him. He has and interesting story.

Even after all this time, Atra knew Tenshi was going to want to fight him. I have the feelig it will be a promising fight. I highly doubt Shinu will sit back but that's what makes it more exciting! I'm also really curious about Somnus x] don't know what to say about her just quite yet but I hope to learn more about her.
Atra knew it was inveitable. Yeah Shinu won't sit by and whatch. But ehe better question is who is she gonna side with. Somnus is kind of strange. She'll become more important latter on, and you'll learn more about her along with the rest of The Forgotten.

It was good to see Lea in this chapter. I hope he meets up with Xion soon and I kind of feel bad for him when he said “I guess this kind of stuff happens when you get stuck with the icky-jobs.”
Lea understands that it comes with the territory. But it still sucks. He'll meet her soon along with Roxas.

I really like this chapter Spirit. I look forward to the next one and can't wait to learn more about the Forgotten and where Sora went off to next! Also, will I find out where Kairi goes too? Been wondering about that :)
Thanks :) The next chapter will be about Sora. And the chapter after that will tell where Kairi went. That's gonna be a fun chapter to write.

Awards

Chapter XII

Melodies of Life & Death

Part-I

Upon hearing the man respond, Riku and Leon summoned their respective weapons. They both expected that the man was some sort of Xehanort copy; who probably wanted to avenge the fallen Keyblade Master.

The man wasn’t threatened by Leon or Riku. He wasn’t in the mood for a battle, so he decidedto clarify some things. “In case you’re wondering, I don’t want to avenge Xehanort. I barely even knew the guy.” The man said while sending his blade away.

Although Riku was skeptical at first, he believed the man’s words, and sent his blade away.“Then what do you want?”

Leon on the other hand didn’t believe the man. He figured the man was just trying to earn their trust, and then he would turn on them. “How can we trust you? How about you give us some answers first. Like why would Xehanort give you a Keyblade and not expect anything in return?” He said while pointing his gunblade at the man.

The man knew that they wouldn’t trust him until he answered their questions. So he decided to answer them. “I’ll answer you first.” He said while looking directly at Leon. “The easiest way to put it is to say I was an experiment of sorts.” Leon glared at him. He knew Leon probably thought he was some creature of darkness; similar to Vanitas. “And no I wasn’t created from darkness, I was born just like everyone else. Xehanort wanted to see what would happen if he gave some random person a Keyblade.”

Like before Riku believed the man. What he told them sounded like something Xehanort would do.“So what did you do? Did you leave your world?” Riku asked.

“No.” The man quickly said. “I never wanted to leave my home. Instead I chose to stay and protect my world. When the Heartless came, I defended the Keyhole and protected the people I cared about.”

Leon could tell that the man was telling the truth, and lowered his blade. He respected that the man had saved his world from the darkness; something he had failed to do.

In a way, Riku was jealous of the man. He admired that the man chose to stay in his home and protect the people that he cared about. That he didn’t want to leave his home, and instead stay with his loved ones. “Then what do you want from us?” Riku assumed that the man must have had a good reason for leaving his home.

“Like I said, I’m looking for someone. And I could use your help.”

Riku walked up to the man and held out his hand. “We’ll help you. We could always use another strong warrior.”

As soon as Riku spoke, the man smacked the latter’s hand away. “I didn’t want to fight in your war against Xehanort, and I don’t want to fight in this one. I just want to find someone.”

Riku knew that they couldn’t help the man without getting something in return. “I’m sorry, if you’re not going to help us, we can’t you.” He knew that he couldn’t put his duties on hold for the search for a single person.

The man knew that was how Riku would respond, but he had prepared for that. “I won’t fight with you, but I will teach you how to increase you power. Then your power will surpass the Forgotten’s.” He saw that his words had piqued Riku’s curiosity. “I have been to the worlds where you have battled The Forgotten, and from what I’ve heard you’ve barely been able to keep up with them. But with the technique that I know you will be able to defeat them.”

“What’s the technique called?” Riku asked.

The man didn’t hesitate. “The Kokoro Eximo.”

In a different world, Sora appeared inside a castle town. He took a minute to take in his surroundings. The first thing he noticed was that the town had a large white castle looming over it. The main part of the castle was composed of four towers with blue spires on top. What stood out the most was that in the center of the towers was what looked to be a giant blade.

The next thing Sora did was examine the town around him. He noticed that he was standing right in front of the town’s gates, and in front of him was the statue of a female soldier. Another thing Sora noticed was that where he was standing was devoid of people. As he pondered why there were no people around, he saw flyer float across the ground. He picked up the flyer and read it.

“In recognition of the Queen’s birthday, and her second year on the throne, The Tantalus Theater Troupe will be performing Lord Avon’s I Want to Be Your Canary. All citizens are welcome to attend free of admission. May you join us, and celebrate another year under the reign of Queen Garnet.”

Although Sora wasn’t the theater going type, he didn’t see the harm in checking out the play; especially since it was free. He began his walk down the town’s main street; hoping he was going the right way. He continued to walk until he made it to the town square. The square was a large circular area surrounded by houses and street vendors, with a gate at the far end. In the center was a ticket office.

“Hey Mister!” Sora watched as a little girl ran up to him. “Do you want to jump rope withu s?” The girl said while pointing at her two friends by the ticket office.

Sora thought that the gesture was kind of random. “Sorry, but I was going check out the play.” As he finished he saw a look of disappointment appear on the girls face. Not wanting to hurt her feelings, Sora decided to throw her a bone. “I guess I can jump for a little while.”

“Great!” The girl said with glee. She guided him over to her friends, and placed him between the two girls. The girls laid out a rope out the rope between each other, and waited for Sora. “Are you ready?”

Sora nodded, and the girls began swinging the rope. He was able to jump over the rope with ease. He repeated this, and even worked in a few hand stands; just to show off. Sora took this as an opportunity to learn more about the world. “What’s the name of this town?”

“This is Alexandria.” One of the girls answered.

“What’s this world called?”

“Gaia.”

Sora continued to jump, and with each jump the girls counted, till he eventually got to nine-hundredand ninety-five.
“Wow! He’s close to the record!” One of the girls cried. Sora jumped till made it to jump nine-hundred and ninety-nine; only one jump away from the record. As he was in mid air he felt someone bump into him. This made him fall forward, and he slammed his face on the ground. “Awwwww! You were so close.”

Sora looked up and saw who ran into him. It was man wearing a black cloak, and what looked like a tail slipping out the back. He was mad the man made him fall, especially since he only had to jump one more time. The boy rose from the ground and began to chase after him.

Before Sora could give chase, he heard a voice behind him. “Stop! Theif!” He turned around to see two male knights running up to him. “You! Stop right there!” One of the knights said while pointing at Sora.

“Me?” Sora said while pointing at himself. He had no idea what the knights wanted with him.

“Good job you two.” Sora then saw another knight walking up to him. The knight wore traditional silver colored knight's armor and a pair of shorts with a helmet and a white feather extending from it. The knight unsheathed the broad sword on his back, and pointed it at Sora. “As captain of the Knights of Pluto, I Adelbert Steiner hereby place you under arrest.”

“For what!” Sora yelled. He didn’t know why he was being arrested, since he had done nothing wrong. Unless jumping rope was illegal in the Alexandria. “I haven’t done anything.”

“Then explain this!” Steiner reached in Sora’s jacket pocket and pulled out a rolled up paper.

Sora was shocked to see the item. He had no idea how it got in his possession. “Wait a minute.” He realized that the man that bumped into him must have placed the paper in his pocket. “That isn’t mine. Some guy put it in my pocket!” Sora exclaimed; trying to prove his innocence.

“You expect me to believe that?” Steiner said.

“It’s the truth!” Sora yelled. He hated that the Steiner didn’t believe him.

“Enough of your lies thief. Arrest him!” As Steiner finished, the two Pluto Knights started to walk toward Sora.

The Keyblade Master wasn’t about to go to jail for something he didn’t do. He summoned his blade, and swung at the knights; intentionally missing them. “Now c’mon! I bet we can still catch him.” Sora was bound and determined to prove his innocence. He saw that Steiner and the knights each wore a shocked expression. “What are you waiting for lets g-” Sora felt the hilt of a sword strike the back of his neck; knocking him unconscious. He fell to the ground, and his Keyblade vanished.

The two knights looked at Sora’s attacker in fear. It was woman who wore a silver eye patch over her right eye, and a red and white sleeveless duster with a rose embroidered on the back, over a pair of reddish-brown leggings tucked within a pair of armored boots. She also wore armored gloves and additional armor on her left arm and a large belt issecured around her waist at an angle.

She sheathed her silver and red sword, and flipped her hair. “Are you sure this is the thief?” The woman asked.

Steiner started jumping up in down in anger. “Why do you doubt me Beatrix? Of course this is the thief. I found this in his pocket.” He stopped jumping and started shaking the paper in his hand at Beatrix.

Beatrix shrugged her shoulders. She knew it was best not to argue. “If you say so.” She bent down next to Sora. “That was a strange sword. I’ve never seen one quite like it.” She wondered where Sora got his blade, and what kind of power it held. “What do you plan to do with him?” She said while standing back up.

“Throw him in jail. Then we’ll give him a fair trial. Of course it will have to wait till tomorrow.”

“Yes, we wouldn’t want to interfere with the Queen’s birthday.”

“Speaking of which, where is Zidane? He best not be late.”

“He won’t, he said he had some things to take care of.” However, she was lying. She knew exactly what Zidane was planning to do.

“Anyway, we should find him a cell.”

Steiner saluted her, and smiled. “I will at once. You make sure everything is ready.”

Beatrix smiled at him. “I will.”

Back in Radiant Garden, Riku was shocked to hear the name of the man’s technique. “That’s the technique that Atra used. How do you know a technique that The Forgotten use?” Riku suspected that the man may be an agent of The Forgotten, but he wasn’t sure.

However, the man found this odd as well. “I don’t know how he knows of the Kokoro Eximo, but I’m not surprised. It is one of the strongest techniques one can use.”

The man’s words made a question pop into Riku’s mind. “If it’s one of the strongest techniques, why didn’t Xehanort use it?”

The man cracked a sly grin. “He couldn’t afford the cost of using it.”

“What is the cost?”

“Every time you use the Kokoro Eximo, your life span shortens. Xehanort probably didn’t have much time left anyway.”

“But what does it do?”

The man thought about it for a moment, until he found the perfect analogy to describe the technique. “Get me a light bulb.” Riku found the request odd, but he ran into the next room, and came back with a bulb. He handed it to the man, and the man held it up. “The Kokoro Eximo is the ability to release all of your heart’s power at once. Think of it like this light bulb.” The man focused his energy and the light bulb lighted up. “The goal is to release as much of your power as you can.” As he spoke the bulb grew brighter. “However, if you release too much.” He focused more of his power, and the bulb shattered. “Your heart shatters. Do you understand?”

Riku and Leon nodded at the man. They both got the gist of what he said. But this brought up another question. “So how do you use it without breaking your heart?” Riku asked.

“Like I said, you release as much power as you can. Ideally you get to the point right before your heart breaks, and hold it. But that is where the cost comes in. The heart is greatly strained with each usage, and if you use it for too long you heart will break.”

“Teach me.” Riku said immediately. He understood the risk, but he didn’t care. As long as he was able to protect his friends he would pay any price.

“Teach me too.” Leon said. He too wanted the strength to protect his friends.

The man looked directly at Leon. “Sorry, only Keyblade wielders can use it.”

“Oh.”

Riku could tell Leon was disappointed about not being able to learn the Kokoro Eximo. He placed his hand on Leon’s shoulder. “Don’t worry. We’ll take care of The Forgotten. You just worry about protecting the town.”

“You got it Riku.” Riku’s word helped to lift his spirits.

Riku removed his hand, and stared at the man. “What’s your name?” It was question that plagued his mind since he met the man.

The man thought it was only fair to tell them his name. “It’s Kieran.”

In Alexandria, Atra and Keira appeared in thet own square; out of view from the city’s residents. The first thing Keira did was run out into the square and she marveled at the city. She was so glad to be in another world; it was something she had wanted for long time. “What’s that shinning over there?” Keira said while pointing toward the castle.

“There’s a blade sticking out of the castle.”

Atra didn’t think about Keira’s words too much. He noticed was that he could feel Sora’s presence. He knew that it wasn’t a coincidence. He deduced that the other Sora must have guided him there. This got him thinking about the other Sora. Although he could feel the grip the other Sora had on his heart, he knew he was starting to take his heart back. Then another question entered his mind: Why did “Sora” want him to go to the same world as Sora? He thought that it was strange, but he figured that “Sora” knew he wasn’t going after Sora until he got his original heart back. But his question remained unanswered.

“Atra!” The boy’s train of thought was broken by the sound of Keira’s voice. The girl ran up to him, and showed him a flyer. “There’s a play tonight, do you want to go see it?”

Atra didn’t see a reason to say no. After all that was why they were in Alexandria; to show Keira another world. “Sure.”
“Great!” Keira was glad to hear Atra say yes. Not only did she get to learn more a new world, but more importantly she would get to spend more time with Atra.

“Let’s get out tickets.” The two started to walk over to the ticket office, until something caught Atra’s eye. He saw someone in a black cloak running on the roof tops. He noticed that the man was heading for the castle, but he noticed something else; the man had a tail.

In a cell in Alexandria’s castle dungeon,Sora started to wake up. He lifted himself off the dusty floor, and put his face to his cell bars. “Hey! Let me out!” The boy screamed.

“Quiet down thief!” Echoed a voice from down the hall.

Sora started to shake his cell bars, but to no avail. Not only did he hate being locked up, but he knew with every passing second Atra was getting closer to his shard. He backed up, and with a short run kicked the cell door. But like his last attempt, the door didn’t budge.

“Duh, Sora.” He was surprised that he didn’t think of it in the first place. He summoned his blade and pointed it at the lock. A beam shot from his blade, and into the lock, and the door opened toward him. He was about to leave until he heard voices.

“Hey, someone is gonna bust out the prisoner.”

“Who?”

“Me.” After that Sora heard the sound of fists on metal. When the sounds stopped, a man came strolling down the hall, twirling the cell’s keys in his hand.

“You!” Sora recognized the man as the thief that set him up. Sora got into this battle stance and glared at the man. “Hate to break it to you but I don’t have your paper.”

The man chuckled at Sora. “You mean this.” The man said while pulling the paper out of his cloak.

“What!?” Sora wondered just who he was dealing with.

“Sorry about setting you up like that, but I couldn’t be spotted. Anyway, I came here to bust you out but it looks like youa lready got it covered.” The man stared at Sora’s Keyblade. “I guess that’s how you got out.”

“What do you want from me?”

“Nothing, I just came to get you out.”

“That’s it?”

“That’s it.”

Sora believed the man and sent his blade away. “So what’s with that paper?” Sora wanted to know how what was worth him being thrown into jail.

“This? I’m looking for something, and this will lead me to it. And where are my manners, I’m Zidane.” Zidane pulled down his hood revealing his blonde hair wrapped in a short ponytail, and held out his hand.
S
ora politely shook Zidane’s hand. He could tell that Zidane was a good person, and that he had good reason for setting himup. “So what are you looking for?”

Zidane grinned at him. “Let’s just say it’s a gift for my princess.”

On the outskirts of Alexandria, Tenshi stood on top of a mountain behind the city. She slammed her hand on the ground, and one hundred Invisible type Heartless appeared behind her.

“I don’t know what your plans are Atra, but I know you need Sora for something. And if I kill him that should at least slow you down.” As she spoke two white angel wings sprouted from her back. “I will save her.”

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Obliviónis Tredecim (DDD Spoilers, Post KH3) Ch.12 part 1

Okay so this is incredibly late, I just really wanted to set up the Halloween contest [which I do hope everyone will participate in!] and get all that set up, and with no distractions I still wasn't able to do everything I wanted. Oh well. Onto your review. I need to say this: I have not played anything KH wise past KH2 and a couple hours of Days. So, if a question relates to something that is a direct reference to those newer games, I apologize. But also keep in mind that it's smart to help the readers understand I suppose? It's good to be able to be read by other people, but it isn't really too big of an issue, considering those who read fanfiction don't really read outside of their comfort zones.

Anyways,I just wanted to say that much. Let's get this thing started. I'm doing this paragraph by paragraph and if I split or combine, just assume that's what I think you should do I guess. I have a lot to say but don't let that discourage you.
Spoiler Spoiler Show
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sorry for the spoiler box split up, I guess the spoiler boxes are still glitching up.

Now. I do need to sleep, unfortunately, and I feel like I've dealt with MOST of the issues you have writing wise from what is shown here. I still have plenty to say about dialogue and other issues, but I'll finish that probably tomorrow. I really hope I'm not taken too harshly, but I feel like you need some honesty I guess. I'll get to the rest of it later. Hope this stuff helps at least. I'll also give an over all at the end of it.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Obliviónis Tredecim (DDD Spoilers, Post KH3) Ch.12 part 1

^I re-wrote part of chapter one. It should be better now.
From glancing at it, yeah, you fixed some things, just in need of some commas and flipping some words around I think. Since I don't think you rewrote the dialogue and after, I'm still gonna comment on those parts because I do have to. It's deadly obvious you are getting better, and I've read little snippets of the next chapters [AND FINAL FANTASY IX, GOOD JOB. YOU PASS.] i mean

but you are improving and that's the kind of thing I like to see. =w=

But just making sure: My critique has been helpful so far, right? I don't want to seem mean when I do these, I really do care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back