• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Triple Wielding or Quadruple Wielding?

• Thread starter Deleted member 235902
  • Start date

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 235902

People in the KH universe are able to dual wield Keyblades if they have two hearts of Keyblade wielders inside of them. It makes you wonder if you could somehow triple wield or even quadruple wield Keyblades if you have 3 or 4 hearts inside of you.

Terra-Xehanort had 3 hearts inside of him: Xehanort's, Terra's, and Eraqus', so I wonder if Terra-Xehanort had the ability to triple wield. Probably not though since Eraqus' Keyblade passed on to Aqua and Lingering Will has Terra's Keyblade.

As for Sora, not many people realize this, but Sora actually has triple wielded Keyblades in the past. In KH2FM, during the fight with Roxas inside of Sora's heart, you take Roxas' Keyblades and use them against him. You don't physically wield them with your hands, but they float next to you and you most definitely control them. In DDD, it was hinted at that Roxas, along with most of the other Nobody main characters, were able to grow hearts of their own. If Roxas really did grow a heart of his own, then him merging with Sora would mean he would have 3 hearts inside of himself: his own heart, Ventus', and Roxas'. This would most likely allow him to triple wield, which he does during the fight with Roxas.

Like I said above, it's hinted at that all the main Nobody characters, along with Xion, have grown their own hearts. If Xion grew her own heart, then her merging with Sora would mean he has 4 hearts inside of him. Would this mean he has the ability to quadruple wield? Who knows. I think it's very possible. Will he ever triple wield again or even quadruple wield? I doubt it since I don't think he or any of the other characters even know that triple wielding or quadruple wielding is a possibility/might be a possibility.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
In theory it would be possible, although Terra-Xehanort would be so far the only one who could possibly truly do it as that is the only case where there are indeed three Keyblades available,Xehanort's, Eraqus' and Terra's.

In Sora's case there is theoretically quad-wielding due to Xion's heart being there too, but there are only two Keyblades overall available, Sora's and Ventus'.
While Roxas' and Xion's hearts may be qualified to wield Keyblades, they do not have a Keyblade of their own as Roxas was always borrowing Sora's (and later activated Ven's for dualwielding) while Xion had only a fake that worked only because she was siphoning power from Roxas.

That Sora could wield his own blades and Roxas' two in their battle was only because of the location it happened in, his own heart.
Sora and Roxas have always "shared" Sora's Keyblade between them due to their connection while the second blade was Ventus', so in the Sora/Roxas fight there were two versions of Sora's Keyblade around + Ven's resulting in three.

D

Deleted member 235902

In theory it would be possible, although Terra-Xehanort would be so far the only one who could possibly truly do it as that is the only case where there are indeed three Keyblades available,Xehanort's, Eraqus' and Terra's.

In Sora's case there is theoretically quad-wielding due to Xion's heart being there too, but there are only two Keyblades overall available, Sora's and Ventus'.
While Roxas' and Xion's hearts may be qualified to wield Keyblades, they do not have a Keyblade of their own as Roxas was always borrowing Sora's (and later activated Ven's for dualwielding) while Xion had only a fake that worked only because she was siphoning power from Roxas.

That Sora could wield his own blades and Roxas' two in their battle was only because of the location it happened in, his own heart.
Sora and Roxas have always "shared" Sora's Keyblade between them due to their connection while the second blade was Ventus', so in the Sora/Roxas fight there were two versions of Sora's Keyblade around + Ven's resulting in three.

Yeah, you're right about all of that and make some good points. Sora definitely has the ability to triple wield and quadruple wield, but he wouldn't be able to because Roxas and Xion don't have Keyblades of their own. Roxas' was a shared Kingdom Key with Sora and Xion's was a fake. Sora was only able to triple wield with Roxas' Keyblades because that was inside of his heart.

Terra-Xehanort also wouldn't be able to triple wield. He has 3 hearts inside of him (Eraqus' heart is not confirmed, but probably is inside of him), but Terra's Keyblade is currently being wielded by Lingering Will and Eraqus' Keyblade is currently being wielded by Aqua. They could pull a thing like they did with Roxas though and have Ends of the Earth and Master's Defender be able to exist at different places at the same time. Not sure though, they're different situations. I'm pretty sure Ends of the Earth would be able to exist at the same time with Lingering Will and Terra-Xehanort since Lingering Will is very similar to a Nobody, like Roxas. As for Master's Defender, that was passed down to Aqua and currently belongs to Aqua, so I'm not sure about that. I wonder if Eraqus has another Keyblade that he has though, like how Mickey has both a Star Seeker and the Kingdom Key D and how Riku had both Way to the Dawn and Destiny's Embrace.

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
I'm not clear on why Roxas and Xion wouldn't be able to provide Keyblades the way Sora did. Sora started out using Riku's Keyblade, which he could only wield due to Ventus's influence, but he became attuned to it, very similar to how Roxas and Xion began growing their own hearts and became Keyblade wielders.

Basically, Sora "stumbled" upon the Keyblade in the first place, rather than going through the proper channels like Riku or Kairi, so why wouldn't the similar Roxas and Xion count just as much?

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm not clear on why Roxas and Xion wouldn't be able to provide Keyblades the way Sora did. Sora started out using Riku's Keyblade, which he could only wield due to Ventus's influence, but he became attuned to it, very similar to how Roxas and Xion began growing their own hearts and became Keyblade wielders.

Basically, Sora "stumbled" upon the Keyblade in the first place, rather than going through the proper channels like Riku or Kairi, so why wouldn't the similar Roxas and Xion count just as much?

I'd say we can't really know that yet, huh?
Like...maybe they did "qualify" for their own keyblades, or maybe that will even happen in a future game? Who knows.

D

Deleted member 235902

Yeah, very true. Roxas and Xion could gain the ability to wield their own Keyblades due to Sora's influence, the same way Sora gained the ability to wield a Keyblade from Ventus' influence. The same could even probably happen to Namine with Kairi's influence. But at the current moment though, I'm pretty sure they don't have Keyblades of their own therefore Sora wouldn't be able to triple wield or quadruple wield. Who knows though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

actually not true on the sora part. ventus didn't affect sora's wielding, it just made the keyblade give him a look. sora is a rarity because he earned the keyblade with strength of heart, rather than getting it "handed" to him a la kairi and riku.

once the keyblade became sora's for good, riku lost his ability to wield, but he gained another as well as the opportunity once he became a hero again and strengthened his heart.

for example, lea's keyblade. he was a viable wielder, but he only earned his own endgame. the heart is the most powerful thing in the kh series, so let me give an example:

if the wielders were in deep shit and axel was about to go the way of the dodo, roxas could (hypothetically) "grow" his own body and keyblade in order to become his own person and save him. we've never actually seen a case of this so i might be grasping for straws.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
I'm not clear on why Roxas and Xion wouldn't be able to provide Keyblades the way Sora did.
Because they do not have Keyblades of their own?

Sora started out using Riku's Keyblade, which he could only wield due to Ventus's influence
According to Word of God that is false.

riku lost his ability to wield
He never lost the ability to wield the Keyblade, he just lost that particular Keyblade. He could still wield, he just didn't have a Keyblade of his own.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
@udo, hyuck, i done goofed. i actually assumed that the existential crisis of brooding he went through cost him the ability to wield. due to relying on darkness to fight his battles and not believing in himself, i thought the keyblade was like "nah son".

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
@udo, hyuck, i done goofed. i actually assumed that the existential crisis of brooding he went through cost him the ability to wield. due to relying on darkness to fight his battles and not believing in himself, i thought the keyblade was like "nah son".
lol nope. We even see him wield a Keyblade in that time.

286px-Riku_KHD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back