• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trinity Blood

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
Forgive me if this is too obscure of an anime, but I've been a fan of TB for about a year now. Abel Nightroad pretty much rules my world. ^_^

Trinity Blood is an anime based on a novel (read: yes, that's a NOVEL...not a manga). It takes place approx 1000 years from now, in our own universe. Mankind has started to tear itself apart, and in a climactic world war, caused its own Armageddon.

Basically, the Catholic Church in the Vatican emerges as a major political power once again (much the same as the Middle Ages) in order to try to get the world back under control. However, this is more difficult than it looks, because several world governments had sent colonists to a space station for an experiment called the 'Red Mars Colonization Project' many decades before this Armageddon. After the war was over, these humans slowly began to return to Earth to see what had happened while they had been away in space.

However, these "Returners" had adapted to life in the space station and in a base on Mars' surface, and once back on Earth, the colonists' red blood cells mutated and began to self-consume. This group of humans who had lived away for so long slowly became a race of long-living, hardy, vampiric humans known as Methuselah, desiring blood to replace the blood they slowly lose with every passing second.

This series focuses on the cold war and bloody politics between the humans and the "vampires", and on the Vatican's elite agency of saints and sinners alike--namely Abel Nightroad, a clumsy priest who is more than he appears.

Anyone else a fan?

Awards
ME! ME!!!! *Raises hands*
I LOVE Trinty Blood sooooo much but I hate in sooooo bad in english I'm sorry. But I watched all episodes in japanese and they are awesome. Ion, Radu, AX Team, Dietrich (Even though he is a huge meanie) and even Asta-san. I like them all and the anime is awesome. Ion clothes are soooooo cool I'm so jealous. I wanna see Abel and Ion work together. Oh yeah and I also like Seth-chan too.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
it was a great anime but again another anime that ends way to early the main character going after someone but in the end he is still searching for that person its annoying that they did that and made me sort of dislike the anime even though it was so awesome

Haku

<3
Oh I really loved this series but I liked watching the series in Japanese though.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
How is TB obscure? It was one of the most overhyped shows of 2006 :\

Anyways, the animation was gorgeous, but the plot and story pacing are miserable. Abel is a wannabee Spike who never manages to secure the screentime he should be alloted as the main character. All in all, it's a forgettable show.

~Dorian Gray

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I watched it during it's run on Adult Swim and since it was on AS, it's not obscure, at least not now. Personally, I liked it. Has there been any news on the rumored second season?

it was a great anime but again another anime that ends way to early the main character going after someone but in the end he is still searching for that person its annoying that they did that and made me sort of dislike the anime even though it was so awesome

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the ending of Trinity Blood either. Not after living through Inuyasha.

Last edited:

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
I watched it during it's run on Adult Swim and since it was on AS, it's not obscure, at least not now. Personally, I liked it. Has there been any news on the rumored second season?

I wasn't particularly thrilled with the ending of Trinity Blood either. Not after living through Inuyasha.

Yeah i know how you feel i watched Inuyasha loved the show and it was just such a horrible ending i sort of hate that show now. And with this ending when you get into it and start to love the show it just hits you that its over and still loose ends that arent going to be tied. Damn anime makers keep doing this to us anime fans of just letting us down when the anime comes to an end.:thumbdown:

Vandread

Impossible Soul
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well like I mentioned earlier, it's rumored that a second season may be made.

And also, the original creator of the series died before he could finish the series, in case that might help you understand anything.

Awards
Woah! I didn't know the creator died before it finished....can't they get the same person who continued the series in his abscence to finish off? The Ion / Abel against Sekai no Teki was just awesome!! Except they only started by partnership and not an actual journey...what the heck was up with not continuing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back