• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trick to beating Vexen? (Re:COM help)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In Twilight Town? Set your deck up for a lot of sonic blade and lethal frame. Maybe any kind of fire/ra/ga or fire + gravity. It's all about dodging him and then using sleights or 0s to cancel his attacks. If you are still having a hard time, you might want to get more cards in your deck.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
The Sonic Blade and Lethal Frame strategy works for nearly every Sleight-using boss in the game, so it's good to work towards. By all means, use Firaga to pad out your deck against Vexen for the time being.

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'll see about running down and getting some more cards. (The last world in my series was Hundred Acre Wood actually.)

And yes this is the inital boss, he's driving me batty. I'll make up a deck for this guy and go earn up some more cards on lower floors.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I'll see about running down and getting some more cards. (The last world in my series was Hundred Acre Wood actually.)

And yes this is the inital boss, he's driving me batty. I'll make up a deck for this guy and go earn up some more cards on lower floors.

This is probably a good time for you to run around collecting Rooms of Reward and any Bounties you might have missed. Remember the Key to Rewards can only be found in the second set of worlds and beyond.

While it won't get you much EXP, a good way to get a lot of cards is to stop off in Agrabah and use Aladdin, since he gets you more Moogle Points than anything else.

Anagram

Banned
Lethal Frame. Make yourself a deck of several Lethal Frame sleights and pretty much every boss is yours to destroy.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I remember somebody suggesting the 0 card, because he quite frequently breaks your card. I managed to beat him twice, but Repliku killed me every time on the third time. I also had somebody suggest memorizing his patterns. If he attacks, dodge out of his way. Make sure you have plenty of cards to break his.

berrybob

Awards
I defeated him without a single sleight! How? You need many level 9 and 8 attack cards, 3 cures and a potion/hi-potion/elixir at level 7 or higher. Don´t attack him directly; break his card and then attack him.

If Vexen uses any sleight, dodge it. When he doesn´t attack, wait. When he uses a single card, break it and attack.

Strike Raid sleight helped me too. (you can get it pretty early) But it´s possible to beat him without sleights if you know how to dodge every attack he uses.

Edit: I can´t believe i can dodge every of Vexen´s attacks! Even his Sleights! Freeze is ok, but that big icy sword... I feel like a hero! (Hercules related?)

Unclear_Motive

With CoM, I found myself not having any major problems with bosses when I had several 0's in my deck. When I say several, I mean I would always have 4-5 in my deck at all times. I was always able to break the sleights that they used and then counter with my own attack cards.

iWin4Prep

Website
www.ronjoniak.org
Lethal Frame. Make yourself a deck of several Lethal Frame sleights and pretty much every boss is yours to destroy.

I'm here to say this strategy worked wonders.

It seems like Lethal frame spam is broken in this game. It literally made this boss go from difficult to completely trivial. I'm sure it'll be the same for other bosses, but I have like 6 or so lethal frames lined up in my deck, I spam them, then I use Jafar card and just go to town and it was over without me taking a hit barely.

Scorseselover

The way I handle it since he has a shield, I ditched all (except 1) of the keyblades (as well as ice magic) and just used magic and summons to beat him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back