• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trick (or cheat?) for the new treasure-trap event

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokuborn

Awards
if you want to avoid the battle against the heartless (or you want to find them easily for quest completion) try this easy trick:
stay low on AP and click on the treasure chest you want to open/fight.
the player will automatically try to open/fight it, so from this reaction you can understand if it's what you're searching for:
If it's a heartless but you want a treasure chest, just don't refill your ap and find another, the other way around if you find a tresure chest but want a heartless.
i just figured it out, so, good hunt :p

gnurtanio

Awards
actually you don't need to stay on low AP to notice a treasure heartless or real treasure. there is another way.. try to see the treasure that you want to open about 10-15 seconds before you decide to open, if the treasure shaking, that means it contains a heartless, if not then its a treasure

Last edited:

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
If you happen to be hunting the high-level enemies and don't want to open the normal chests, you can also watch and see if your character jumps at the chest to enter combat. If it's a normal chest, they'll walk the whole way. There's plenty of time to click away and save your AP.

Last edited:

Rokuborn

Awards
yeah, but waiting to see the shaking is borin (and if, like me, you play on LOW quality it's really hard to see).
i've never noticed the "jumping" thing, either

Aerora

If they're visible on-screen when you enter an area, you can also see them spawning in like Heartless!

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
What does get you better rewards: fighting LV333 pretenders or opening blue chests? Defeating the LV666 enemies is out of questions for me.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
What does get you better rewards: fighting LV333 pretenders or opening blue chests? Defeating the LV666 enemies is out of questions for me.

Killing L333s. It's a rest week for almost all of us, plus there are Heartless missions as well.

Though I'll recommend killing L666s if it took you 40-80AP every single time.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Killing L333s. It's a rest week for almost all of us, plus there are Heartless missions as well.

Though I'll recommend killing L666s if it took you 40-80AP every single time.
Thanks, 80AP would only be possible if I boost my cards.

Badger

tumblr_nk6tw9hDFx1u8fz9to1_400.png

I found another way to differentiate the two. This only works in low quality, but they render differently. The one on the left is a heartless, you can see all 4 sides of the diamond on the top of the box. The one on the right is a chest, the diamond looks more like a C.

Hope this helps. I find this faster than waiting for it to jiggle. It's the same for the blue chests.

gnurtanio

Awards

I found another way to differentiate the two. This only works in low quality, but they render differently. The one on the left is a heartless, you can see all 4 sides of the diamond on the top of the box. The one on the right is a chest, the diamond looks more like a C.

Hope this helps. I find this faster than waiting for it to jiggle. It's the same for the blue chests.

sorry for breaking the good news. not work for me, because i touch the C shape one (in another world, especially agrabah) and i fought a Pretender. maybe i will stick to shake and no shake.

serenefire

Awards

It works for me! That's a pretty fantastic observation. Thanks for sharing!

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
^ Yup! I just compared to the list I've posted at the walkthrough thread, and all of them have the diamond on it.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
I love how all of us are just tromping around in low quality mode in the first place. Flash is a nightmare.

Kazr10

Bronze Member
Awards
I love how all of us are just tromping around in low quality mode in the first place. Flash is a nightmare.

Off topic but am I the only one who have my Flash crashed at least 3 times per day? Well I'm always watching niconico while playing so it's using even more capacity haha...

gnurtanio

Awards

oh... no wonder it not works on me, because i zoom out my browser.. i used internet explorer with 75% view.. you need 100% zoom level (actual view) to see the difference.. thanks for sharing, now it works on me too ^^

Badger

No problem, glad I can be useful! I'm glad you got it working for you gnurtanio.

Rokuborn

Awards
now, if only all the event had these "tricks" to find what we want... i would be more happy XD
(since i'm not powerful enough to defeat lv666 pretender)
at least i take the high prizes from blue treasure boxes

Rokuborn

Awards
and it works again :D
(now i'm waiting for the guilt list, cause sooner is better)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back