• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trayvon Martin shot dead for looking suspicious

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
So basically, everywhere, this story is getting attention, so I thought I'd bring it up here.

Trayvon Martin was shot dead on his way home from buying candy. Killer not prosecuted. | Crime and Punishment |Axisoflogic.com

Basically, a young black kid (teenager) was killed by this man, George Zimmerman (self appointed watchman, or so the sources claim), because he assumed the young man was dangerous based off superficial appearance; hoodie. Basic facts go on to state that Trayvon was coming home from the candy store before he was killed. Zimmerman called the cops before taking action, stating that the boy looks dangerous. Boy was unarmed and shot dead by Zimmerman.

Unfortunately, the authorities aren't at haste to make an arrest because that county isn't keen to holding the unlawful accountable for heinous acts against blacks.

Trayvon Martin Case Salts Old Wounds And Racial Tension

There's more details in the links and also more details on Zimmerman's background below:

George Zimmerman had felony assault on police officer charge in '05 & 2 domestic assaults // Current TV

There's certainly parts of this country still rooted several decades back. Not that this is news to me, just that the stories don't get any better when learn about them.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
While it's unconscionable that Zimmerman hasn't been prosecuted, it's a shame how badly the media's been drumming Trayvon up to be some kind of dark-skinned boy scout. This is just what I can find immediately, but there's enough evidence to see that both sides of this case have been manipulated - any and all negative images and info on Trayvon excluded, and the reverse for Zimmerman. Somewhere there's a big compilation image of all the evidence of manipulation, but I'm still searching for that.

Daily Kos: Racist False Trayvon Martin Facebook picture being circulated
http://kimberlymadams.wordpress.com/2012/03/26/what-matters-now-about-trayvon/

I don't think what Zimmerman did was right, or even justifiable, and it was definitely racism-motivated, but the truth of the case and the activities/backgrounds of both sides have been warped and cherry-picked to an unethical extent.

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Whee, must be fun making Zimmerman into a monster based on no evidence whatsoever. Also must be fun to use old photographs to push the story to sympathize with the other side and make Zimmerman look like a racist. Oh look a non black person killed a black person. MUST BE RAAACIST.

This is a fucking stupid case. Pulling the race card from the get go. Digging up Zimmerman's past to paint him a bad guy. Christ, wait for the evidence instead of letting the media turn you into a sheep believing bullshit.

ThePromise

Tired
Awards
Whee, must be fun making Zimmerman into a monster based on no evidence whatsoever. Also must be fun to use old photographs to push the story to sympathize with the other side and make Zimmerman look like a racist. Oh look a non black person killed a black person. MUST BE RAAACIST.

Isn't the word 'coon' basically a racist term? Zimmerman used it.

I don't even care about the race card, but it was more than likely why Zimmerman refused to stay where he was like he was told, and harass a young man walking home. "Oh he's black, clearly he's up to no good for having the skin he does!"

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Just thought I'd leave this here, even though I'm sure a few of us have seen it. Ignore the incredibly biased photo in the video if you have to.

To sum up the video for those too lazy to listen, you can hear Trayvon screaming in the background for help, a gunshot, and then no more screams. Stupidest kupoing part about this entire thing is about how the police specifically told Zimmerman not to pursue him any further and he followed him.

of course this may have been posted in any of the numerous links in the thread but I wouldn't know.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
i1wbU.jpg

Some have claimed that the bottom right photo isn't him. Even if that's the case, it's surprising that old photos are still specifically being used while current ones are avoided.

Last edited:

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Just thought I'd leave this here, even though I'm sure a few of us have seen it. Ignore the incredibly biased photo in the video if you have to.

To sum up the video for those too lazy to listen, you can hear Trayvon screaming in the background for help, a gunshot, and then no more screams. Stupidest kupoing part about this entire thing is about how the police specifically told Zimmerman not to pursue him any further and he followed him.

of course this may have been posted in any of the numerous links in the thread but I wouldn't know.

Even though, I'm not squeamish, I don't think I could listen to that kid screaming.

D

Deleted member 36435

honestly, gotta agree with amae on this, and i don't see that often

dude is a shithead for just killing someone, but kupo off with "he killed him because he is a ****** and he was 'coon HUNTAN" shit

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I've been trying to avoid even thinking about this topic but Victor and Amae are right. The man should at LEAST have a trial so his innocence can be proven.

The Self Defense law in Florida is so broken. If a gunman says he murdered someone in self defense, and there is no one stepping up who witnessed it to say otherwise, Florida law can't touch him.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I've listened to the 911 calls before, and it's clear from them that Zimmerman was attempting to take the law into his own hands. Hearing Treyvon scream is one of the most heartbreaking things to listen to and I don't see how Zimmerman hasn't been put on trial for the murder yet. Self defense or not, he murdered a 17 year old boy and needs to face a jury.

Awards
Let the courts decide. Media needs to get the hell out of this.

This 110%.

I don't think it needs to be said that there's been some really dumb shit said about Trayvon (looking at you Geraldo Rivera- seriously, I'm sorry, but it's a goddamn article of clothing not at all distinct to gang members, goes to show how out of touch he is) and there has been a kind of smear campaign against him by conservative pundits (why should we give a fuck if he was suspended for smoking weed? that has NOTHING to do with the case and that doesn't equate to him being a bad kid).

But even so let's not call the kettle black here. People have been attacking this George Zimmerman to the point where he has gone into hiding due to death threats. You know what? Passing judgement on him like this, when it's all based on bits of evidence and not all of the details have emerged, that's along the same idea as assuming a black kid is bad because he's wearing a hoodie.

The fact of the matter is that we don't know. We weren't there and not all of the evidence has surfaced (as it is being saved for a trial).
Don't get me wrong. It is a tragedy that this kid died regardless of who's at fault. And there's definitely hints of racial motivation there. But we don't know. All we have is word of mouth on a few eye witness accounts and some ambiguous 911 calls. Let the courts decide.

It's impossible to not immediately form an opinion on stuff like this, but the danger is in jumping to conclusions and calling for action based on that knee jerk response. Be objective, remember that whole "innocent until proven guilty" thing (for BOTH of them) and most importantly, let the courts decide. A person's reputation is a very fragile thing and I can tell you that unfortunately both of them have been permanently marred for dumb reasons.

I think the real controversy of the case is that, regardless of motivation, regardless of skin color, George deserved to be arrested and he deserves to go on trial (the problem is that, at this point, good luck finding a competent and impartial jury). Would he have been arrested if Trayvon was white? I can't say, with all this stand-your-ground crap, it may be that the police force was simply being incompetent. Or maybe it was an example of institutionalized racism. But you know what? If that's the case, that's on larger entities than one man, so don't go directing anger and vengeance at him, use this to engage in discussion with law makers and law enforcers, the ones with the real power and the ones who could really be at fault.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
I agree with a lot of what you all have said. In regards to whether or not Zimmerman should be tried, he absolutely should be. He straight up disobeyed what the 911 dispatch said to him. He was told not to pursue, not to act, not to go anywhere or do anything until the police showed up. He didn't follow as ordered, so it's pretty simple really, take him to court.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Though, I think the reason why race comes into play, is because of where this incident occurred, had it happened elsewhere, the guy would have been in jail asap. Sanford Police Department handled a pretty damn shady investigation and guess what, that county isn't painted too brightly to begin with. Parents weren't notified of their child's death until three days later. The victim is then criminalized by having his corpse checked for drugs, etc. IDK, this sounds way too fishy to be a simple murder case.

The motive for Zimmerman isn't what's at issue here, it's how the investigation was handled.

The authorities aren't treating this case with enough scrutiny because the victim was black. We can sit here and ignore the fact that in this country, when something mortally happens to a black person or a minority or if they are accused of a crime with no evidence, it must have happened for a fair reason (that's just how it is); this doesn't address the issue. 17 year old minor is dead, and the killer is loose (despite being within reach), what would normally happened under those conditions had the victim not been a minority? "They were just looking suspicious, oh, he or she probably deserved it, he was a drug dealer, he was up to no good anyway"; shit gets swept under the rug in the end. That's the kind of logic that's in play here, and that's how the cops treated the incident.

Cosmic+Amarna

Phantom Gigaplex
It is because the police, law enforcement, and the judicial system do a pretty shitty job.

10% of law enforcement, etc. are legit, honest, moral people while the other 90% are dirty brown water trash, Dbags, liars, and morally corrupt.

Awards
The motive for Zimmerman isn't what's at issue here, it's how the investigation was handled.

That's exactly my point, though.
People are making it out like Zimmerman is the one that should be lambasted and strung up already (and, hey, he might actually be a racist piece of shit, but I hardly think that's what matters in the bigger picture), and I'm directing that to all the comments I've seen lately about what kind of punishment Zimmerman deserves.

It is because the police, law enforcement, and the judicial system do a pretty shitty job.

10% of law enforcement, etc. are legit, honest, moral people while the other 90% are dirty brown water trash, Dbags, liars, and morally corrupt.

Or we can not make assumptions about that either.
The Sanford police need internal affairs to conduct an investigation and other independent reviews of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back