• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Transferring the game to an SD card? (Help)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
So I got a micro SD card today for my Gigaset QV830 since the internal memory is nearing full, and I want to know if there's a way to transfer the game (and other apps) to it.

Thanks in advance.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Yes.
Go to settings, then applications. Choose an application, then it should say "Move to SD card".

Edit: Dunno if this works for all apps though.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Before you do anything, make sure your game file is linked with your Facebook to maintain your progress.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I forgot to add that I tried that already but the option isn't there for any of the apps.

Wat?
Weird. The only other solution I'd know of would be using the SD card as internal storage. But that would prevent you from using the card on a different device as long as this "use as internal storage" option is activated.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Wat?
Weird. The only other solution I'd know of would be using the SD card as internal storage. But that would prevent you from using the card on a different device as long as this "use as internal storage" option is activated.
I think I can be fine with that. Thanks. :D

I wish I was more tech savvy so I wouldn't have to ask help with such simple things. XD

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
Lol nah it's not that simple.
By the way, depending on the device, the "Move to SD card" option might not be there and it might be possible that it says
Storage
Data Usage
Permissions
[...longer list]
somewhere in the application's folder. If so, try to press "Storage" and if that works, "Change".

If not:
Go to Settings -> Storage & USB, then tap on the SD card's name and then it should hopefully say "Use as internal storage" or something like that. Note though that this might erase every existing data on the SD card!!! So make sure it's empty before you choose this option.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Lol nah it's not that simple.
By the way, depending on the device, the "Move to SD card" option might not be there and it might be possible that it says
Storage
Data Usage
Permissions
[...longer list]
somewhere in the application's folder. If so, try to press "Storage" and if that works, "Change".

If not:
Go to Settings -> Storage & USB, then tap on the SD card's name and then it should hopefully say "Use as internal storage" or something like that. Note though that this might erase every existing data on the SD card!!! So make sure it's empty before you choose this option.
Thanks, Void!

I've fiddled with it some more, but for some reason it looks like maybe the card doesn't work for this tablet? I'm not sure what's going on. I contacted Support about it, so hopefully I find out what's going on soon.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I got a reply today about it and they said:

"To clarify, all apps/files are automatically downloaded onto the device's internal storage, and not the external SD card. If you are attempting to download items while the INTERNAL storage is already full or nearly full, then the system would state that there is no sufficient memory, even if a micro SD card is mounted. If the unit's internal memory is low, then it will not proceed with further downloads. Downloaded apps need to maintain within the internal storage, however, you can move other files onto your micro SD card by using the the file managing app on your device.

While the SD card is mounted, you may enter the file managing app to move files from the internal storage to the external SD card drive."

If I'm reading this right (chances are I may not) they said that apps of any kind cannot be transferred over to the SD card, only things like picture, sound files, etc.

And when checking the file managing app (ES File Explorer) I don't see a single option anywhere to transfer files. So I have no idea what's going on here.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Okay. Let me walk you though it. Mind, the game itself doesn't like to be transferred to SD(so you may want to leave it alone) and the data for it will remain on the internal memory (1.5 to 2 gigs, somewhere in there; don't shoot me, I don't remember exacts) but most of your apps can. Mind, I checked this on a Samsung Galaxy 4 and I actually have the game on my Kindle Fire, but I think they are in similar spots.

Go to Config (gear if you swipe down) ==> More ==>Application Manager. Go down the list one at a time, looking at one app at a time; each one will tell you if you can move it to SD card with a button; hit it to move the offending app. Be warned with KHUX though; At least on the Fire, if you move it to SD it'll eventually cause you to have to reinstall the game. I haven't had problems with any other apps. Not all apps will let you however, so keep that in mind.

To move pics/files, this might help you. Mind, do not move any data files for your apps, or they will bug out major. (Learned that the hard way)

Oh and GET RID OF ES FILE EXPLORER. It's become a spyware/shady adware laden app, yuk. I recommend Lifehacker's pick, Solid Explorer, instead.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Okay. Let me walk you though it. Mind, the game itself doesn't like to be transferred to SD(so you may want to leave it alone) and the data for it will remain on the internal memory (1.5 to 2 gigs, somewhere in there; don't shoot me, I don't remember exacts) but most of your apps can. Mind, I checked this on a Samsung Galaxy 4 and I actually have the game on my Kindle Fire, but I think they are in similar spots.

Go to Config (gear if you swipe down) ==> More ==>Application Manager. Go down the list one at a time, looking at one app at a time; each one will tell you if you can move it to SD card with a button; hit it to move the offending app. Be warned with KHUX though; At least on the Fire, if you move it to SD it'll eventually cause you to have to reinstall the game. I haven't had problems with any other apps. Not all apps will let you however, so keep that in mind.

To move pics/files, this might help you. Mind, do not move any data files for your apps, or they will bug out major. (Learned that the hard way)

Oh and GET RID OF ES FILE EXPLORER. It's become a spyware/shady adware laden app, yuk. I recommend Lifehacker's pick, Solid Explorer, instead.
Have I ever told you how much I love you?

Also thanks for all this, and I'll definitely remove ES File Explorer. I only have because it was pre-installed.

My mind is just fried at this point. I got the card because I also wanted to download other games, but, I just, I dunno anymore. I feel like this was completely pointless now. :(

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I can tell you with the Fire, since it lets you d/l books to the sd card; I don't regret getting one (yes my Fire has a SD card). Shame that with that tablet, it won't let you set it as internal storage either (that's with the latest android versions)

Even if it seems pointless I hope it helps anyway until the story's done with KHUX and you uninstall it, it'll be pretty pointless to keep it then. ^^ (Sorry if that sounds a little...sour XD)

But anyway no problem. We all have times where we have to yelp for help; I have had to on another board a few times (first it was my VCR combo. Then it was this, then it was that..you get the idea). Not all of us grew up with a Kindle Fire or a Ipad in their hands as a baby, after all. ^^

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I can tell you with the Fire, since it lets you d/l books to the sd card; I don't regret getting one (yes my Fire has a SD card). Shame that with that tablet, it won't let you set it as internal storage either (that's with the latest android versions)

Even if it seems pointless I hope it helps anyway until the story's done with KHUX and you uninstall it, it'll be pretty pointless to keep it then. ^^ (Sorry if that sounds a little...sour XD)

But anyway no problem. We all have times where we have to yelp for help; I have had to on another board a few times (first it was my VCR combo. Then it was this, then it was that..you get the idea). Not all of us grew up with a Kindle Fire or a Ipad in their hands as a baby, after all. ^^
1460988091-6e86cd666a30fcc1128c585c82a20cdd.gif

Welp, I at least have other things I can use the SD card for. (And it's always nice to have a spare.) So at least this wasn't a total loss for me. :)

Thanks to everyone for helping!
(I was thinking on closing the thread right now, but I'll leave it open for a couple more days.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back