• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Trans-Siberian Orchestra (often abbreviated to TSO) is an American progressive rock band founded in 1993 by producer, composer, and lyricist Paul O'Neill, who brought together Jon Oliva and Al Pitrelli (both members of Savatage) and keyboardist and co-producer Robert Kinkel to form the core of the creative team. Since then, TSO has gone on to sell nearly 8 million concert tickets and 8.5 million albums. The band's musical style incorporates classical, orchestral, symphonic, and progressive elements into hard rock and heavy metal.

The band is most famous for their Christmas-themed series of rock operas (Christmas Eve and Other Stories, The Christmas Attic, and The Lost Christmas Eve), for which they do an annual fall/winter tour. Their other releases are also rock operas on historical themes (Beethoven's Last Night and Night Castle). Trans-Siberian Orchestra is also known for their extensive charity work and elaborate concerts, which are complete with a full orchestra, a massive light show, lasers, dozens of pyrotechnics, moving trusses, video screens, and other effects that are synchronized to the music. Despite the name, the group has no connection to Siberia or any part of Russia.

Here are a few of their more famous songs below.

Wizards in Winter

Carol of the Bells

Siberian Sleigh Ride

Christmas Canon

To sum it all up, this group ROCKS!!!!! Of course there is no way to sum them up in these four videos. You would have to go and see them live. Or go buy one of their CD's. Also I know it isn't Christmas, but I thought by now someone would have posted them up.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
I've never listened to much by them, but I must admit, what I have heard is quite good. Perhaps I should give more thought to listening to them.

Evello

The Radiant Hero
Awards
I've been to one live show and it was fantastic. The effects were really incredible. But I love listening to their music otherwise as well. Beethoven's Last Night is a great CD, especially since it doesn't have to be Christmas to really enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back