• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TRACES OF CHAOS [a kingdom hearts roleplay]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Still Amazed -~

Ven didn't say a word as Kairi yanked her hand free and stalked off ahead of him. He wasn't surprised by how irritated she seemed; but he couldn't deny the fact he was disappointed with himself. Lowering his gaze, Ven didn't say a word as he trailed behind Kairi; don't get him wrong, he wanted to say something but he couldn't help but feel as if he'd just seriously ticked off Aqua. He didn't look up as he stepped through the portal, heck if it wasn't for the change in his surroundings, he probably wouldn't have noticed.

Hooray, you're back! We can feel you again!

Ven laughed a little as the wind cheered, lifting his head up to take in the new world; Ven's eyes widened as he took in the sights. Fields of lush green grass, the bright blue sky that had some fluffy looking white clouds was a welcomed sight. Blue eyes scanning his surroundings, Ven spotted the castle and massive tower that had a maze surrounding it. Tilting his head to the side, Ven noticed that Kairi was a little bit ahead of him; and it seemed as if she was too frustrated to really appreciate the sights.

Returning his head to normal, Ven debated with himself whether to approach or to stay where he was; eventually deciding to approach Kairi, if it was in a cautious fashion. It only took a few strides to get close enough, and then in a way to not provoke her into attack, Ven asked shyly, "Y-You okay? Uh, from what I can tell you've got promise as a fighter." Ven looked away and noticed the lake that was nearby, the blue waters were calm and inviting, almost to the point where Ven wanted to go for a swim.

"You know, despite seeing so many worlds, a new one never fails to get me excited for what it holds. Hehe, Terra and Aqua would probably laugh at me if they heard me say that." He chuckled, not really caring if Kairi heard him and decided to comment or not. No, in truth he did care, he was hoping she'd ask him about it because it'd give her something else to focus on than being mad.

~- Plans -~

Glaxusdo listened to what Harm had to say, and he smirked slightly at Harm's seductive poly. He let her push off of him, and he even tracked her as she climbed up on the edge and then did a seductive walk. Sure, he amused by it, but that didn't mean he was falling to her tactic. It also turned out to be his turn to answer a question as Harm tossed over her shoulder, "So how can that Isa pup be useful to Xart?"

Climbing up on the edge himself, Glaxusdo followed after her as he answered, "There's a race of shifters that call themselves 'The Lost', and the reason why is that they have a piece of themselves broken off given them access to their shifting magic. As for how Isa plays into this fact..Isa's a purebred, one of the last ones actually; the other is that rebellious thirteenth member Tora. With the fact that they're purebreds, the two of them can control the Lost, overriding the Lost's desire to do something; forcing the half-breed to do whatever they desire. So because of this, Isa and Tora are both very strong; but Isa's strongest since he's the leader of them. The art of this ancient magic, which humans call Wild Magic; has pretty much been reduced to faded, ancient text. Their ability of shifting also gives them an extended lifespan; so as long as they keep shifting, the longer they live. It also grants the shifter an increased healing ability."

Glaxsudo paused to let it sink in, and after a bit of time had passed he continued, "Look at this way Harm, you've got a powerful, ancient...almost extinct magic that can extend your life; the problem is that with how close it is to extinction there's not few test subjects on that possess this magic and they look out for their own so it makes it hard to get a test subject. So tell me, you come across two that harbor the magic; but they're both purebreds and because of that they're in charge of the others with that magic; wouldn't you want to get your hands on one or both of them so you can use them as experiments?" By here he was right behind Harm, so he'd been forced to stop or else risk bumping into her and anger the sadistic illusionist.

~- Head is on Fire -~

Ienzo fidgeted slightly, he hated staying put and he knew that Isa didn't like the idea either. Looking at Cuore, Ienzo slowly and nonthreatening crouched down next to the wolf heartless. Reaching out a hand to pet her, Ienzo snatched his hand back as his vision swam. Closing his eyes, he head the ghosts of conversations bombarding him from all sides; blending in his head so he couldn't tell up from down and left from right. He distantly heard Isa talking to him, but Ienzo blocked it out as he tried to get the imaginary images under control, which was proving difficult from the fact his head felt as if it was on fire.

Climbing back to his feet, Ienzo still refused to open his eyes as he took a couple of steps back. He was grateful that he had spent so much time here as a Nobody; because otherwise he was pretty sure this current task would be impossible. Turning to his right, he bolted away from Cuore and Isa; dodging the things he knew was littered around the world.

"Ienzo, what's going on? Where's mom?"

He knew it was a bad idea, but his eyes snapped open at the voice; it was one that haunted him in his dreams. Eyes darting left and right, Ienzo felt ready to scream with the fact that she wasn't there; that his mind was playing tricks on him again. Focusing back ahead of him, he pushed himself to run faster as images of when he was younger kept popping up and then disappearing again. Coming to a stop, he looked up and saw the castle floating in the sky; and the lesser Nobodies hovering around, waiting for him to take another step forward so they could pounce on him.

Yeah, like that was going to happen.

~- Huh, A Talking Fire -~

Riku listened to the chatter, throwing in comments once in a while when he felt commentary was due; but he for the most part left it to Sora and Lea. "Riku, why are you wearing that blindfold? Have you tried taking it off?" Riku turned his head toward Howl and answered respectfully, "Forgive me, but don't you think you're overstepping your bounds?"

He felt minor satisfaction as Howl recoiled away from the reprimand. After all, something about Howl told Riku that he was so used to getting his way that Howl was always surprised when he got told off. Riku drew his mouth into a tight, neutral smile, and despite wanting to, he kept from curling his hands into fists under the table. What's with me? Why am I so on edge? He felt his mind ask, and that did puzzle him; but even more than that was the strange feminine voice that sighed in his mind, It's because of the blindfold. Sure, you have some good friends with you; but you're still among just enough people you don't know so you're on edge since you're weakened.

The gentle, comforting words drifted through his mind like a lullaby; calming Riku ever so slightly. Riku didn't say a word as he sensed a girl step into the room and head straight for Howl. He could tell from the aura surrounding the girl that she wasn't a threat, and that there seemed to be something between her and Howl. Riku chuckled slightly as Tora slipped up behind him and wrapped her arms around him, giving him a smaller dose of reassurance that Howl had with the girl that had just entered. It didn't take a genius to figure out everyone was on edge. Only for the girl to speak up in an attempt to calm everyone down, "I don't mean to alarm you; but you had a powerful spell involving your eyes placed on you, didn't you? Howl, turn off the light for our guest."

Riku grinned at the last part of the dialog, picking up on the change from warm hostess to giving an order; deciding that he liked this new girl. Only to grow slightly uncomfortable as the girl got right up in his face. Leaning backward, Riku tried to keep his muscles as relaxed as possible, but found them growing tight anyway. "You know, I don't think it's going to have the reaction you think it will."

Yeah, but you don't realize what I'm thinking, Riku said snarky within his head, because while he didn't doubt that the light, however little, wouldn't hurt him. It was his eyes not bothering him that had him reluctant to take the blindfold off this time. So had Sora and Tora picked up on his unease, since both of them had taken a step forward to try and get the girl to back off. Carefully motioning for them to stay back, Riku reached up and untied the blindfold. Letting it fall into his waiting palm, Riku cracked open one eye and sighed in disappointment; because just as he figured his eyes were fine; and the only light source was from the fire....

Which had a face.

Okay, sure, the light from the fire stung his eyes; but that could have been from him having them covered for so long. Although that little fact didn't bother him as much as the face that the fire had; and he had come to accept the weird stuff that life had to offer someone. Riku kept a wary eye focused on it, almost like he was expecting it to do something weird. "What? Never seen something like me before?"

"And it just got weirder," he mumbled, trying to take all of this in stride but the silliness of the situation was making it a tad impossible.

The girl, who had short silver hair and warm brown eyes turned to the fire and scolded, "Calcifer, stop distracting our guests when they're trying to eat! Or else I'll throw a pail of water on you!"

He laughed at the girl's spunk, and the fact she was able to make Calcifer shrink back and start minding his own business. Rearranging his plate, Riku continued help but agree as the girl said, "We can talk after everyone has finished eating; so enjoy your food and let me know when you're ready.

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Aex choked, holding back the blood that was fighting to slip through his lips. His vision was blurred, his body shaking. He could hear something through it all, and he saw a familiar face stepping forward.

...I surrender to the higher power... I am yours.

The Keyblade had fallen from his grip, clattering to the ground. Aex hissed.

"Az... ure... no..."

"Ha! That's more like it!"

The weapon pulled out of the boy's chest, and the Heartless pushed him aside. With an "oof!," he crashed to the floor. With the boy out of the way, the Heartless could move onto much more important matters. It stepped forward and extended a hand to the Keyblade spirit.

"Don't worry, I'll be a far better master than that brat. I will never, ever give you up--"

SHISH!

The Heartless' golden eyes bugged. It didn't have time to keep track of what had happened; all it knew was that its entire form felt like it was decaying... There was an immense pain coming from its arm, as if the arm had been sliced off.

clickclickclick!

And that there was a sword sticking out of its chest.

"No... NO!!"

It pulled on the sword, twisting it and fighting to release the blade from its chest. It started to scream, panicking as its form begun to melt to the floor.

"I can't die! I can't die!!"

But the final attack came. Aex's sword unsheathed from the monster's chest, the boy reeled back and unleashed the final attack: a slice through the creature's back.

The final metallic shing! rang through the air. The monster was frozen, slipping away... But, as it stared with bugged eyes, which were glitching and turning from yellow to green, it couldn't help but smirk.

"I'm... not... done... yet..."

The creature lost its form and collapsed to the floor, rejoining the rest of the darkness throughout the world. All the darkness started to slither away, shooting towards its target: the kid trapped within the dark cage.

SHISH!

"Rena!"

Aex charged towards the dark cage, watching as its bar broke and crumbled. Soon the cage was gone and, for a moment, Rena was hanging in the air. The boy slid forward and extended out his arms, just as the girl was about to crash down to earth.

But, when he looked, he panicked. She wasn't moving, breathing, anything.

"Rena?" his voice squeaked, "Nonono, Rena, wake up... please wake up..." He let go of a hiss, "I'm sorry I didn't stop Aoi from taking your heart... I'm sorry that I let all of this happen and--"

"Hey, Aex?"

"What?"

A finger started poking his cheek.

"Whatcha doin'?"

The boy stared down at his Somebody, seeing her with one eye peeked open.

"Wait... you were awake?"

She nodded, smiling absent-mindedly, "Uh-huh!"

"What the shit, Rena?! I was f***ing worried!" He bopped his fist on her head as she sat up.

"Ow!" she grumbled, rubbing her head, "What was that for?!"

"For being a little shit!"

Rena opened her mouth to say something, but, suddenly, their eyes turned to the floor. The ground... it was gone!

SHISH!

"Ahh!"

The floor had shattered, glass shards falling to the abyss below and carrying its passengers with it. But hope wasn't lost: they were returning to the Realm of Light.

[Expect another post after this, since I gotta explain what's going on with Rena and Aoi :T]

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"GAH!"

Her senses exploded. It felt as if an excruciating amount of energy had been slammed back into her to wake her up, lighting up her senses as if setting them to overdrive. She gasped, slamming her back against the wall and fighting to come to terms with things. Light poured into her vision, making her wince as she fought to calm down.

Chaos had parted, and everything seemed serene. She collapsed against the wall, taking in slow breathes to calm herself down. What had happened? It was so bizarre... How'd she get here or anything? She looked down at her gloved hands, turning her palms and tracing the lines around her fingers.

"Not... claws..."

She gasped.

"I'm... real?" her eyes light up. She grinned, "I'm real again!"

Her Heartless form was gone. She was back and normal again! She tried to jump to her feet, though her legs gave out and kept her from doing that. She wobbled to a stand with her hand against the wall, looking around the musty, dirty alleyway. The world was bright outside of this shadowed alleyway, so, with haste, she headed towards the front of the alleyway...

Her eyes bugged. She slammed to a halt.

At the front of the alley was a figure, the light making them looking a shadow drifting in mid-air. She gulped, sinking back into the shadows. But, when she did, her footsteps alerted to the stranger's presence. She was spotted.

"Hey, you're back!" The figure dashed towards the child, sending her into a panic. She scrambled backwards, fighting to stay away from the figure. As they came closer, their features became clearer.

Aoi. Aoi had found her!

"Ahh!"

She reeled back then shot forward, trying to slip past in the narrow alley. But she was caught! He grabbed onto her hand.

"Kiddo, wait a sec--!"

SHISH!

"Screw off!"

The Keyblade's tip stabbed at the man's throat, just inches away from it. He shook.

"I swear, I'm not gonna hurt you..."

She growled, "Yeah, after all that bad stuff that you did--"

"I'm not Aoi."

The girl blinked, cocking her head to the side. It... wasn't Aoi? But how? That was impossible! She gulped, lowering her weapon. When she did, he leaned in at eye-level, pointing to his eyes.

They were blue.

She narrowed her eyes, "Who're you...?"

"My name's Xiao," he said, "I'm the real Aoi, or at least I used to be, 'til that Parasite took over."

Rena quirked a brow.

Xiao scratched the back of his neck, then put his hands in his pockets, "I took control back from Aoi when he started controlling you to go after Derrick. I made it seem like I was Aoi and convinced Derrick to come here and help you.

"When I was a Nobody, something found me and offered me my heart back. I wanted to go home and see my friends again so badly, so I took it. But, when I did, he turned me into his host. I was so stupid back then. I would've never done that if I knew what it would've caused." He paused, then sighed, "I'm... really sorry for everything that's he's done to all of you."

Rena was so lost, but she knew that this guy couldn't be the same, malevolent Aoi that she knew. She shrugged.

"It's okay..."

"No, it's not okay," he hissed, "None of it was ever okay. He destroyed you guys, but I know he'll never apologize for that, so I will. I'm sorry for everything."

She bowed her head, hugging her arms, "Okay, t... thanks..."

Xiao looked down at his hands, as if gauging for something. Black pigment was spreading across the skin on his hands. He turned back to Rena, "I don't have much time left to talk. He's gonna come back any second now, but I need to tell you something.

"Aoi is dying. Well, my body is. When a Parasite remains in a host's body for too long, their body starts to decay and they have to find a new host. He's been controlling me for years, and he's been looking for a new host."

"Like... Aex and me."

"Yeah, he's looking for anyone and everyone. You, Aex, Derrick, anyone who's ever had been affected by his Parasite. He's after anyone with a Keyblade, too. Who knows how much damage he can do with that. Once I'm gone, he'll have to jump to another host."

"You'll be... gone?"

"Yeah, but that's alright," he chuckled, "It gives you guys a chance to fight back."

Rena quirked a brow, "But how? He's way too strong 'n stuff..."

"Not when he doesn't have a host. That's when he'll be vulnerable."

"But, then you'll be gone."

"That's just part of it," he shrugged, "I'm just a Nobody. It's not like it'll matter or anything..."

"No!" she shook her head, "Everyone's important, 'specially Nobodies. If Aex is just as important as anyone else, then so are you."

Xiao cocked his head to the side. He couldn't bring himself to say anything in retort.

But Rena wasn't going to give up. She pressed on, "How can I save you, too?"

"Well, unless you can extract Aoi's real form, then you can-- GAH!"

The man doubled over, nearly collapsing to the floor. He grabbed the sides of his head, holding back another painful scream.

Rena's eyes bugged, "X-Xiao?"

"He's..." he hissed, "He's trying to come back..."

"T-then, I can stop him!"

He snarled, "No, you need... to go!"" Looking up at the girl, he looked on, showing Rena his blue eyes as they were glitching between green and blue. "You need... to warn Aex and Derrick. Find a way to stop Aoi before he goes after you guys!"

"But, I gotta save you, too!"

He hissed, "Okay, fine, whatever! Just go!"

The girl nodded, "I-I'll save you, I promise!" The girl dashed out into the street, racing away from the alleyway as fast as possible. She called away her Keyblade and broke into a fast run, nearly tripping over her sneakers when she did.

As she tore away from the street, she could hear Xiao's last agonizing scream. Then, silence fell upon the world, and she knew full well what that meant.

Aoi was back. She had to hurry!

"Derrick!" her voice squeaked, "Aex!! Where are you?!"

Aphex

.Inspire.
Tendrils continued to lung out from the cage that Rena was contained within, the boy pushing forward and forcing them back with slashes of his Keyblade. He staggered back though and cursed under his breath, realizing that he couldn't keep this going especially when it wasn't doing anything! She was still stuck in there and that Heartless taunted them even more even as they fought Aex.

Nothing seemed to be working! Derrick even started to have doubts. But that was until. . .

"No... NO!!"

Pivoting in place, Derrick managed to catch the sight of the Heartless struggling with what appeared to be a sword lodged in its chest. Aex did it! The Heartless was defeated and because of this, the cage ended up shattering and released Rena! Luckily enough, Aex was there to catch her in which the boy let out a sigh of relief. As Derrick took a step forward, the floor beneath them all shattered as well and soon found himself falling into the darkness. However, the fall didn't last that long and all he could recall was a sudden flash of light and then nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Ugh... my head..." With a grumble and hands now tracing the ground, the boy slowly lifted his head up as he tried to figure out where he had ended up. He felt like he had been knocked out for hours but his eyes shot open, flipping onto his back as he sat up and glanced around wildly. The rooftop! Derrick was back in Midgar where he and Aoi ran into Rena's Heartless before stumbling into her subconscious. Now rising to his feet and dusting himself off, the goggle-head didn't see any sign of the others; or Aoi for that matter. But then he wondered; did everyone else end up in Midgar too?

"Derrick!"

A voice shouted his name. It was faint but he could recognize that voice from anywhere.

Rushing over to the rooftop's ledge, Derrick glanced down at the streets below and spotted Rena. A grin now etched on the boy's face he waved for her from up above.

"Rena!" He shouted, hoping she would hear him from the distance. "I'm up here!"

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Rena!"

Huh? A voice? Rena stumbled to a halt, looking around frantically for the source of it. She looked to the right, seeing a bunch of buildings and some general bleakness; definitely not over there... Turning to the left, she saw the same, causing her to spin around in a circle a few times; she wobbled a bit and, holding her head, said, "Okay, I should stop doin' that..."

"I'm up here!"

But, there it was again! Hearing it, she pointed in the direction of it and followed her fingertip. When she looked up, her eyes bugged. She had to do a double take.

"D-Derrick?!" A grin cracked on her features and continued, "Wow, you look lots different!"

She narrowed her eyes, turning her head side to side quizzically as she scratched the back of her neck.

"Umm... how'd ya get up there...?"

Now came the troubling part. She needed to get up there, too! (At least, she thought she was supposed to...) The girl trotted over to the wall, poking it as if expecting something to happen. As if a big question mark had appeared over her head, she looked side to side at the wall.

Mumbling, she said, "How'm I suppos'd to get up there...?"

SLAM!

"Ahh!" She whirled around, seeing a big, dark cloud of smoke rising from between a pair of buildings behind them. A violent snap of fire shot from the cloud, making it almost look like a lightning cloud. Rena flinched, especially when she saw a figure stepping through the dreary streets and away from the chaos.

"BRAT!"

"Eep!" She threw her hood over her head. Aoi wouldn't be able to find her like that! It was the old, classic "I'm wearing a hood, of course you can't see me!" tactic. It was perfect, impeccable!

...Oh, who was she kidding?! He was after her and, when he got over there, he was probably going to end her for good. After all, she knew his weaknesses now; she knew how to destroy him, info she hoped and hoped she wouldn't need to implement. She had to hurry and give it to Derrick, with the hope that they could end Aoi for good, and also warn him about what Aoi was planning, too.

"I knew it was your f***ing fault that Xiao took over!" he snarled, readying his pistol. He was still a distance away, stepping fast. He was seething, his emerald orbs looking more like red eyes.

Watching his figure come closer and closer, she gulped, gripping the Keyblade. Fighting was out of the question. She went with her back-up tactic: running; specifically, running away! She turned and dashed, stumbling at first but racing deeper into the city. As much as she needed to tell Derrick about what Aoi was planning, first she needed to get away from the crazy guy!

That's when she heard his footsteps pick up. He could've easily used his Parasite to stop her in his tracks, but a little game of cat and mouse was by far more interesting!

Grinning, he spun his gun and started firing shots after the girl. She was far enough away that she could dodge them, but it didn't mean that she would be able to...

Aphex

.Inspire.
"D-Derrick?! Wow, you look lots different!"

Scratching the back of his neck, he could only chuckle. "I'm a lot uglier now, huh?" the boy joked before a dark cloud caught his attention. It trailed between two buildings that wasn't too far off before a figure made their presence known. "Shit..." With a mumble, Derrick now gritting his teeth as he immediately knew who that 'figure' was even before their features could be closer examined.

"BRAT!"

And the voice only made it more obvious; Aoi!

His Keyblade materialized in a flash of light within the palm of his hand, grip now increasing once seeing Rena running off in order to get away from him. Then shots were fired, all of them aimed right at her!

"Hey asshole!" With a lung, Derrick didn't hesitate to simply just jump from the rooftop to the streets below. Not really his best idea either but there really wasn't another way down from up there anyway. Wind rushing passed him due to the high drop, as soon as he grew closer to the ground below the boy quickly reverted to his Heartless to sink into a black pool. Upon doing so he slithered along the concrete, heading straight for Aoi! Once in range, more specifically behind him, Derrick quickly rose up from the pool but was back to his normal self and rammed him Aoi in the spine with his shoulder. If Rena kept running off then that was a good thing; the boy wanted to deal with the Parasite by himself anyway.

"Ohhhhhhh man! You have NO idea how badly I was waiting for this," With each step, a grin began to form across his features. "It was about time I kicked your ass but -" Cutting himself off Derrick tossed aside his Keyblade as a black blotch formed on both of his forearms, spreading along all the way down to both of his hands and even changed them to a pair of Heartless claws. "I figured I kill you with my own bare hands instead!"

Derrick wanted Aoi dead; it was a must. He didn't bother to wait for a retort and went straight for an attack instead, rushing forward as he grabbed the Parasite by that stupid blonde mop of his. He then forced Aoi's face right into his knee a few times before swiping his free hand(erm, claw) across his chest while in the other, a black flame formed as he then reeled back and gave Aoi a palm thrust. The flame was actually a Dark Firaga that exploded on impact, forcing the Parasite back once it came into contact.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The shots were fired, but the kid didn't waver. Dammit! Aoi halted in his chase, watching the girl escape. But he shrugged it off, choosing to reload his gun instead. He still had time...

Hey asshole!

Ugh, that damn, whiny voice... Aoi rolled his eyes, not even giving Derrick the satisfaction of attention.

"Oh, great, you're here, too..." he droned, shrugging.

Continued to reload his gun, he stepped forward a few steps, managing to just barely miss the attack. His attention was on a different matter entirely. Giving Derrick a quick glance back, still keeping his back to the teen, he grinned.

"So, I heard you met my Nobody... Guess you wouldn't be in the mess if it wasn't for him, huh?" he chuckled, clicking the gun back into place, "I mean, his intentions were good, I guess... He was tryin' to reunite you two brats, but guess he didn't tell you the bad news... Aw well, I'll just have to deliver it for him instead!"

Clicking the gun, aimed and ready, he smirked, pointing it at the goggle-headed idiot.

Ohhhhhhh man! You have NO idea how badly I was waiting for this. It was about time I kicked your ass but-- I figured I kill you with my own bare hands instead!

Aoi laughed. Laughed! Cackled even! He could hardly contact himself.

"Really?! You think that you're gonna kill me!" he grinned, waving his arm, gun still at hand, as if he were orchestrating the scene, "Good luck with that! You're gonna need a lot more than that to tear me to pieces."

Then, with a snap, the fight had begun! Aoi fired shots at Derrick as he came closer to his opponent, but the Parasite couldn't keep himself from falling victim to the boy's attacks. Got knee-ed in the face a few times, cut across the chest, then, the king of it all, got a Dark Firaga slammed against him. He stumbled back, looking as if he were about to collapse on the ground.

The man stood, hunched over for a few moments as he fought to catch his breath. He spat a wad of blood at the concrete, dropping his gun beside his inward-turned boot.

His cloak was cut across his chest, red staining his white shirt and beading up on his leather jacket. But, when he turned his gaze up, despite his bloodied features, he was grinning. He looked like a mad man, his nose and mouth bloody. And he couldn't keep himself from laughing. Cackling, like a sadistic freak.

What was wrong with him?

------------

A few nicks, feeling more like cuts than shots, on her arms and legs, but Rena had managed to escape Aoi's onslaught. She stumbled to a halt, looking back in search of the man. Fortunately for her, he was nowhere to be found.

But, unfortunately, he wasn't gone...

She gasped.

Derrick and Aoi... they were fighting!

"No!"

Stumbling back into a run, the girl fled back into the fray, coming up on the battle just as Aoi had regained his composure, laughing like a psycho. She ran over to Derrick and exclaimed, "Derrick, wait!"

Her thin arms wrapped around his arm, hugging it tight as she fought to pull him away from the fight.

"C'mon, you can't beat him now! There's no point!" she gulped, looking up at him with big, blue eyes. She lowered her voice and, in a mutter, said, "B-But... I know how to beat him for good... But we gotta leave. There's no point in fighting him, 'cause he's not gonna disappear, no matter how hard you try."

Aphex

.Inspire.
Derrick watched as Aoi doubled over but something was very wrong here. He... he was laughing? Anger started to build up especially when the boy saw that the Parasite was actually smiling the entire time! He looked sick, those bloody features of his adding to that vibe too but that wasn't going to stop him at all. Derrick had intentions of finishing him off right then and there, starting with a step forward...

"Derrick, wait!"

Staggering back a bit, the goggle-head glanced down and saw that Rena had stopped him from pursuing Aoi. She stared up at him and yet, he still didn't understand why she was trying to stop him.

"Rena, let -"

"C'mon, you can't beat him now! There's no point! B-But... I know how to beat him for good... But we gotta leave. There's no point in fighting him, 'cause he's not gonna disappear, no matter how hard you try."

"What?" They couldn't beat him for good? Was she being serious? Derrick knew that they could kill him right now! "How about you tell me -" Pulling his arm out of her grasps, he lunged forward once more towards Aoi and started his attack again. A few left and right hooks to the face which then lowered to the Parasite's chest and stomach. "As I'm kicking his ass!" he shouted at the girl as he pounced onto Aoi, forcing him to the ground as his claws wrapped around his neck which actually started to break the skin. "I can kill him now and wipe off that stupid smirk of his!" Claws tensing up even more, all of his pent up rage towards the Parasite began to show at that very moment.

"It's soooooo funny right? All the times you tried to kill us and yet you're still laughing?! But not this time... I'm ending it here, once and for all!" The boy had had enough, it was time to finish this and he was not going to let Rena stop him. Not this time. "I'm not letting you hurt her anymore!"

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
How about you tell me -

Rena yelped, watching Derrick's arm slip through her grip. She impulsively reached out for it, but no avail. The boy had already walked away.

As I'm kicking his ass!

That's when she growled. Enough! He needed to listen to reason.

"You big idiot!" she exclaimed, racing after him. Frustrated, she slammed her fist into his arm; it must've been so puny.

How could he be so stupid?! Aoi couldn't die -- not yet, anyways -- so there was no point in fighting! Yet, he kept going anyways... Stubborn, as always.

Aoi, on the other hand, was pretty unfazed by the whole thing; partially to piss Derrick off and partially because, well, he didn't care. Cracking his jaw, as if he was snapping it back into place, he ran his hand down his face, checking for any blood. Lo and behold, there was none. He was completely healed! He grinned, thanking the Parasite for that, but there was something amiss that caused his smirk to disappear.

Black pigment was tracing across his skin, now covering his hands completely and drawing across his arms. He held his hand up, examining it as if he were holding something up to the light.

"Huh, that's interesting..."

Just as he lowered his hand, though, he was met with a rather welcoming hook to the face. Another came, then another and another, brought to you by a stupid, goggle-wearing idiot. He couldn't help but grin again, meeting another punch to the face.

I can kill him now and wipe off that stupid smirk of his!

"Hilarious!" Aoi cracked, laughing again. He wiped the blood dripping from his mouth and spit some onto the concrete.

It's soooooo funny right? All the times you tried to kill us and yet you're still laughing?! But not this time... I'm ending it here, once and for all!

"What?" he shrugged, looking nonchalant, "Hey, I always thought it was funny! Why aren't you laughing, punk? Isn't it hilarious to see people miserable and in pain? You wonder why I revel in it!"

I'm not letting you hurt her anymore!

Aoi knit his brow, looking up at the angry, seething teen. He could see the fury, the rage in his eyes. The blond wasn't laughing or grinning anymore. Instead, he raised a brow, as if curious.

"That's... what this is all about?"

Leaning to the side, he caught a quick glimpse at Rena, who was standing beside Derrick. She looked lost, frustrated in what to do, and couldn't do anything to stop the boy.

That's when a wicked, awful idea popped up in Aoi's head. If snakes could smile, then that's the sort of grin that the Parasite was wearing. A malevolent, coy, calculating grin.

"Well, why didn't ya say so?" he said, standing upright. Pulling on his glove, wiggling his fingers, he leaned forward...

"HA!"

...and delivered a back fist to Derrick's face! It hit more like a punch, striking with a heavy amount of force. It may not been enough to cause any damage, but it would've been enough to knock Derrick back for a few seconds. Just enough time to act.

Reeling his arm back, he swept it across the air with one swift motion, calling forward a dark wave. It sliced through the air, aimed right at Derrick and Rena. The force would've knocked them back, but it was far more malevolent and mischievous.

Then, Aoi snapped his fingers.

The world felt like it was melting around Rena. She wobbled, grabbing the sides of her head. She fought to balance herself, an act that fortunately came quickly, but, when she looked up, something was horribly, terribly wrong.

Her eyes bugged. She raced forward.

"NO!"

Arms outstretched, she stumbled through Derrick's flickering image, watching it disappear before her eyes. Not only Derrick, but Aoi, too... She stared at her empty, shaking hands.

"Oh no... W-where... are they...?"

-------------------

The clouded sky was a disgusting shade of purple, causing indigo light to cast down on the world below. It was the same exact world from before, but different, just a bit skewed from what it once was. Was it real or just some sort of strange dream? It felt like a dream, but it seemed like reality, too.

["oh, you think that i care? this is fate! / i could care less about your boring tragedies."]

"Guess you've been in a situation like this before..." boomed a voice. It sounded like it belonged to someone casually hanging around, almost as if they were bored. Aoi chuckled.

"But your problem now is gonna be finding me... Pretty easy, right? Nah-ah! Wrong."

"GAH!"

Suddenly, a scream sliced through the silence. Rena, looked oddly black-and-white, appeared, grabbing her stomach. Her knees buckled and she collapsed to the floor, motioned. A dark sword had ripped right through her, leaving a bright red stain on the concrete.

"'cause you're gonna have that to deal with. But you're tough! I know you can brave through it... It's just the person you care about most dying... again. And again. And again."

"GAH!" Rena appeared again, collapsing on the floor.

Aoi smirked.

"Have fun, kiddo."

Aphex

.Inspire.
"Hey, I always thought it was funny! Why aren't you laughing, punk? Isn't it hilarious to see people miserable and in pain? You wonder why I revel in it!"

No way. Even through that entire onslaught the Parasite was still standing! Even worse was the fact that he just seemed to have healed all of his injuries. But that had to be impossible! There was no way Aoi was capable of just healing as if nothing had happened! Derrick was in a state of shock that his grip started to loosen around the Parasite's neck and then...

"Well, why didn't ya say so?"

"Gah!"

A back-fist to the head and the goggle-head staggered back and over to Rena, shaking his head to regain his composure but didn't see the next move coming. A dark wave swept over to the two Keybladers, Derrick being struck by it all though it didn't seem to actually hurt him but unfortunately it had a much different effect on him. His head now throbbed immensely, the pain becoming unbearable as his eyes started to flicker between two different colors; hazel to red, hazel then back to red. The sound of static started to deafen his hearing as well but only added more to the pain, the boy not realizing the area around him started to shift in appearance.

Then just like that; silence.

"W-what's going on?..." Derrick glanced around wildly, still visibly shaken by what had just took place but he noticed that Aoi was no longer in sight. Shit! He got away!

"Guess you've been in a situation like this before..."

A voice boomed within the area but he couldn't figure out where it was even coming from. "Aoi?" He scoffed, Keyblade summoning back into his grasps as he took a defensive stance, growing cautious to his surroundings now.

"But your problem now is gonna be finding me... Pretty easy, right? Nah-ah! Wrong."

A scream soon followed, whirling in place as he could see Rena doubling over and collapsing onto her knees. Eyes widening and weapon lowering to his side, Derrick froze in place. "N-no..." Only a mutter, the phrase repeating over and over again when seeing what had happened. There was blood on the concrete beside her and her clothes were stained with it as well then eventually she collapsed.

"'cause you're gonna have that to deal with. But you're tough! I know you can brave through it... It's just the person you care about most dying... again. And again. And again."

"Rena!" The sound of a clatter, Keyblade now finding itself lying on the concrete as footsteps rushing over to where the girl laid, Derrick quickly dropped to his knees and lifted her head before his eyes laid upon her wound. She had been stabbed and he could see her features becoming paler and eventually the boy began to panic. He didn't know what to do! "Nonononono! Rena, please! Just..." He didn't have a potion and there was no one around either! "... I... got you, don't w-worry..." Derrick's voice was much shakier, almost as though he was trying to hide his emotions.

But he did a poor job in doing so.

Pulling Rena much closer to him, he immediately buried his face into her shoulder, voice growing even more shakier as he whispered. "Hold on... please..."

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
The girl was limp, lifeless. As Derrick lifted her head, the color in her features drained away literally. It was as if, as blood drained away from her, her entire form, her features, even her clothes, were becoming grey. Like a black-and-white figure on a color background.

She was fading... disappearing... gone.

If Derrick looked now, he would have found nothing. Rena was gone, and any evidence of the former scene had disappeared. But that wasn't right... Was it something he made up? Did it even happen in the first place?

You've been constantly fighting to protect the person you care about most... but, every time you try, something terrible happens.

The sound of heavy, gasping breathes came a distance away from Derrick now. Rena stood a few feet away, leaning against her Keyblade as the tip was stabbed into the ground. She looked tattered and torn, massive cuts across her body, but she kept going anyways. Looking up, she narrowed her eyes, grabbing the massive key's handle. She was ready to attack, ready to keep on fighting!

But fate had other ideas. Another dark blade, looking more like a knife this time, shot through the air and across the girl's throat. Without a sound, she collapsed, wearing a lifeless look of shock.

Was this a horrible nightmare... or was it real?

Aphex

.Inspire.
Muffled pleads could be heard as the boy sobbed into the girl's shoulder but things ended up taking a turn for the worst once more. That static sound ripped through Derrick's ears again, his eyes shifting between hazel and red repeatedly as that sudden pain from before came back. It lasted a few seconds which to him felt more like minutes before coming to an abrupt stop, Rena's lifeless body now missing when the pain died down.

"But... how... where'd she go?!"

"You've been constantly fighting to protect the person you care about most... but, every time you try, something terrible happens."

The sounds of heavy breathing followed after the disembodied voice, Rena making her presence known. She was alive? But Derrick just saw her die! How was any of this happening?

The goggle-head rubbed his eyes with the back of his hands quickly, wanting to stand and rush over to the girl but froze in place. A knife slit across the girl's throat, the image breaking the boy down mentally. He could only watch as she collapse to the ground, no movement, no sound. His arms hung at his sides, eyes widened and what appeared to be tears trailing down his cheeks fell to the ground as well. Derrick couldn't even mutter a single word either, the voice from before repeating the same phrase over and over again in his head in which eventually his head hung low.

"You.... you're right..." Finally he spoke, eye now transfixed on the ground. "I... can never do it... no matter how hard I try, no matter what I do to try and prevent it, she ends up in danger anyway..." Whether this was reality or a nightmare, it sure as Hell felt real to the point it had broken his mental guard down. Derrick didn't move at all, he just remained on his knees and was practically a sitting duck. "I guess... I'm not strong enough to do it..."

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Derrick! Where are you?!"

The girl felt so lost. One second, he and Aoi were there, but now they weren't. She was alone in some big, scary world, one thing stuck on her mind: where had Derrick gone? What was Aoi planning? She had ran down the street, looking in alleyway after alleyway. Maybe they were over there, or over here! But she couldn't find them anywhere.

She ended up tracing her steps back to where everything had stared in the first place.

When she stopped, she dropped her shoulders and sighed.

"What'm I supposed to do...?"

You.... you're right...

Her eyes bugged. She whirled around. That voice...

It was coming in static-y, as if it was coming through a bad phone connection, but it was much more realized than that. She whirled around, listening to the voice. She didn't understand what was going on or what it was saying, but she knew one thing: follow it. Whirling around, Rena looked back. She gasped.

Derrick... He was back!

Stumbling as she turned around, she raced towards the teen, grinning the whole time. She dashed forward, leaping ahead.

"Derrick!!"

Her sneakers stumbled. She turned back, seeing Derrick still there. It was like she had ran through him.

"H-huh?"

The girl stepped slowly over to the boy, watching his image fade in and out as if it was stuck on a static-y TV station. His voice sounded grainy and low quality, too, which made it hard to figure out what he was saying. She stopped and sat on her knees in front of him.

I guess... I'm not strong enough to do it...

Turning her head to the side, she looked at him curiously, narrowing her eyes.

"Hey... why're you sad?"

He looked helpless, even lifeless, as if he had given up completely. Frowning, she extended her arms out, as if offering the teen a hug. (If he was really there, she would've actually given him one.)

"It'sokay! See?" she grinned, "Everything's okay! You shouldn't be all sad 'n stuff..."

She had no idea what was going on; all she knew was that Derrick was sad and she had to find a way to make it better. That's what you're supposed to do, right?

---------------------

Derrick was falling to piece, collapsing at the sight of watching Rena die once again. Aoi already had another scene ready to play, just to torture the kid, but it seemed so unnecessary now. He already had what he wanted; he just need to take it!

A dark portal appeared behind the boy, quiet enough to not catch his attention (though, Aoi hoped that nothing would at this point). The blond stepped forth from the opening, taking slow cautious steps. Sword at hand, he was ready to strike.

Stab the kid through the heart. He had already done that mentally; now he just needed to finish the job...

Before Derrick was a familiar figure, but one that Aoi wasn't too worried about. It was Rena, the real Rena, glitching out in static much like Derrick was in her eyes. They were both physically right in front of each other, but Aoi had used the Parasite to make it seem like they were static-y ghosts to each other instead. They wouldn't be able to interact with each other, just as the Parasite intended...

Turning the sword in his hand, he raised the weapon and locked onto the centre of Derrick's back. One stab, and it would all be over. One stab, and he would be rid of Derrick and Wraith for good.

"Ha!"

---------------------

Rena's eyes shifted away from Derrick when she heard strange, distorted footsteps. The girl looked up, narrowing her eyes.

Aoi? He looked just like Derrick, glitching in and out. What was going on? She saw the sword in his hand, the glint in his eyes. Her eyes bugged.

Arms raised, she jumped up. She had to stop him!

"NO!"

Last edited:

Aphex

.Inspire.
Derrick was completely unaware of his surroundings, eyes still flickering between the two shades of color as the static remained ringing his ears. The Parasite was still in effect, preventing him from even seeing or hearing the real Rena who now stood before him. All though he may have been 'deaf' at that moment, he could still hear her voice but it only came out static-y and muffled but he didn't have any reaction to it. Not only could he see Rena but he was completely oblivious to the figure that stood behind him, knife readied in their hand as they reeled they arm back and lunged it forward towards the boy.

"Ha!"

The knife grew closer but didn't make contact with the boy. The sounds of chains rattling was heard and soon after, wrapped around the figure's wrist, stopping their attempt at killing the boy. If they were to look at it and follow where it even led to, they would see that it came from within a dark portal that had opened up not too far from the trio. Another chain shot out from it, this one now aimed at Derrick instead! It wrapped around his neck forcing him to the ground as it dragged him straight into the portal, the other chain that was wrapped around the knife pulling itself away and receded back from where it came. The portal closed immediately once Derrick had been pulled, leaving the other two alone...

The chain released itself from Derrick's neck, the boy tumbling out the other end of the portal as he grasped onto his own neck. He coughed a bit, lying on his back as he stared straight up at the now night sky. In the background however, he could hear the sounds of water streaming from a fountain, the entire area illuminating with lantern posts and the lights from the various shops around him. This... looked a lot like the Second District...

"Traverse Town?" Rising to his feet, the boy couldn't believe that he was back in his home world but who/what brought him here?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"NO!" The word still rattled in her throat as she jumped, arms stretched out. She could see that wicked grin on Aoi's face, as he was about to pierce his sword straight through Derrick. But something was wrong: something changed... Aoi's ecstatic, wicked features, his wide eyes and that grin of his, quickly drained to dread.

She watched chains twist around his weapon, yanking on his sword and steering it away from its target. Stumbling back, she watched as Derrick and Aoi's figures turned more "real," fading out of that static-y haze they were in. And that was the moment when chains twisted around Derrick's throat.

"Ahh!" she reeled back impulsively, watching as the teen was quickly dragged away through a portal, where the chains were coming from. With a first, stumbling step, she scrambled after the boy, charging to reach the portal first.

She had to get to him! She had to save him! She jumped, arms outstretched.

"Oof!"

But she collapsed to the ground. Gaze jerking up, she looked as, just before her, a wisp of darkness twisted and fizzled out.

"No..." her voice shook, hands shaking.

In her head, questions were flooding her thoughts. She couldn't answer any of them; all she could do was collapse, close her eyes, and hope that this wasn't real.

"Dammit! C'mon, already!"

The sound of metal clattered into the air. Chains were shaken haphazardly, the blond shaking his sword in a futile attempt to free it. Hearing that, Rena hesitantly rose to her feet, her shoulders shaking.

"Why did you do that..?"

Aoi didn't pay much attention to her, at least until she spoke up. He quirked a brow, not really caring about the brat.

"Hmm? What was that? Speak up, brat." he snapped, placing the tip of his shoulder against the ground. He leaned against it, both arms followed on top of the hilt.

Rena released a shaking exhale, sounding like a hiss, and balled her hands into fists. She whirled around, charging over to the man, and slammed her fist into his side.

"What the heck?!" He recoiled, giving a little flinch.

"Why did you do that?! Why did you hurt him?!" she screamed, throwing punch after punch at him. She was so frustrated, so angry!

"Uh," he wore a hesitant grin. He tried to scoot away, but she followed him, still throwing punches. "'cause I was trying to kill him?"

"He didn't do anything wrong, but he always gets hurt 'cause of that Heartless stuff or 'cause of you stupid guys!" She ignored him, still shouting. But her shouts toned down, her words growing weaker and weaker. Her punches were quickly losing their form, so much that she looked like she was swinging her arms back and forth instead. "He already disappeared before 'cause of me, and I didn't even know he was back until now, a-and now he's gone again and I dunno where he is! What if he's in big trouble or somethin'? I can't save him andand it's all my fault again..."

She couldn't be strong and tough anymore. She broke down, sobbing into her hands. Her knees fought to collapse beneath her.

What was she supposed to do now? She had no idea where Derrick was, she could do nothing to help him! She was so lost, so helpless...

Watching the scene in front of him, Aoi merely blinked. And blinked. And blinked again. The usually cool, usually sadistic and wicked guy was completely lost and really weirded out.

"Uh," was the first thing he said. His hand raised and slowly patted the girl on the head, "There... there...?" He quickly stepped back, searching for any way out; a dark portal, a suspicious alleyway, anything! He had no idea what this kid was going through and, quite frankly, he didn't give a shit. He just wanted to run.

Rena sniffled, rubbing her red eyes. Aoi frowned, folding his arms.

"Why'd you care 'bout that stupid kid so much, anyways?" he said, rolling his eyes.

She sniffled again, "H-he's not stupid..."

"He's a stupid, cocky, li'l punk! He's a moron!"

"T-then why do you wanna get rid of him so badly?"

"'cause he's a f***ing thorn in my side!" he scoffed, "Geez, kid, ask enough questions?"

Rena scoffed, "But that's not a reason!"

"It is for me!" He abruptly whirled around, wearing a frown that looked more like a pout.

The pair got awkwardly silent for a moment, Aoi keeping his back to Rena while Rena looked around for a way out. She hated this guy, especially for all of the things he had done to Derrick and her friends, and wanted more than anything to get out. But that wouldn't have helped the situation at all.

Putting her hands into her pockets, she kicked her sneaker back and forth.

"So... what'd we do now?"

"We?" Aoi scoffed, not turning around. "There's no 'we'. You're on your own, kiddo."

"But you gotta know stuff! You probably know where he went!"

"Honestly... I've got no clue. So, I'm just gonna let you have fun finding him on your own, see ya!"

A dark portal suddenly burst open before him. He started to take off, giving a quick wave to the kid, but she panicked.

"W-wait!" She stumbled after him, grabbing onto his hand.

Aoi whirled around, trying to brush the kid off, but she clung on.

"Please help me..."

"No." He tugged on his arm; the girl only hung on tighter.

"Please! I-I can't use portals or anythin'," she frowned, "And what if somethin' happens? You don't want anything to happen to your puppet, right?"

Aoi scoffed, "I ripped out your heart once already, I think you'll be okay." He tried to pull away again.

"But what 'bout Derrick?" she squeaked, "Wouldn't you want to have two puppets with Keyblades instead of one?"

He blinked, then narrowed his eyes.

"Hmm... two Keyblade-wielding puppets..."

Rena looked up with big, bright eyes, hopeful that she had convinced him.

"But, if somethin' bad happens to him, then you'll only have one and that would be really, really boring, right?"

"Hmm... you do have a point..."

She nodded ecstatically.

"Well..." he shrugged, "Better than standing around all awkwardly." He motioned to their current situation, waving his hand as if to shoo Rena away. With a squeak, she hopped back and away.

"So, what now?" he asked, putting his hands into his pockets.

"Uhh..." she scratched the back of her head, "Well, how'd you find me all the time? Do you use that Parasite stuff?"

"Err..." he scratched his head, "Yeah, but I don't think I gave Derrick enough to be able to track him down... 'course, I never needed to, but that's besides the point. Maybe there's somethin' else..." He stepped towards the area where the dark portal had been. He extended his hand, concentrating on the spot where it was.

Rena hopped over, standing next to him.

"Whatcha doin'?"

"Trying to track it..." he said with strain, "Not sure if it'll work, but maybe there's some way I can trace where the portal originated from or somethin'."

Rena nodded and watched.

"Any idea what those chain things were, though?"

The girl blinked, frowning, "Uhh..."

"Had a feeling you might know," he shrugged.

She bit her lip, "Y-yeah... I think... There was this one guy..." The girl closed her eyes, remembering what happened in the Twilight Town mansion, where Heartless Derrick showed up. She distinctly remembered a strange jester with chains. Just remembering it made her impulsively reach for her throat, bringing back some very bad memories.

"H-he was in Twilight Town," she said, shaking her head, "and he looked like a weird clown or jester or somethin'..."

"Weird jester, huh?" Aoi scoffed, "Sounds like someone's trying too hard to be a Joker rip-off... But, if I can't trace this, then we'll head to Twilight Town."

Rena nodded.

Aphex

.Inspire.
The sounds of rattling filled the district, Derrick whirling around and quickly leaping back to avoid what appeared to be a sickle attached to the end of a platinum chain. The entire lining ended up stiffing up, almost as though something was tucking at the other end and ironically enough that turned out to be the case here. Boots slammed onto the cobblestone, a distinct jingle from the figure's black and red patterned jester hat was heard upon their landing as it slowly stood up straight. The boy started to get bad vibes which gave him chills as soon as he saw their eyes; pitch black. No whites at all and it looked as though their eyes was more like dents instead and wrapped around both forearms were the chains from before except they held both sickles in both hands.

"What the hell...?"

The figure twitched, almost as if they were having random body spasms which only freaked the boy out even more. Unfortunately for Derrick, he had no idea that standing in front of him was Chainz...

The jester reeled his arm back, releasing one of the chains towards the Keyblade in which he retaliated with a block. However the chain ended up just constricting the boy's Keyblade, Chainz now tugging at the other end and forced Derrick to stumble towards his direction. With the other hand he reeled back the other sickle and attempted to drive it right into his chest but luckily enough, Derrick let go of his weapon, stopping the jester's attack. From there he gave Chainz a headbutt, summoning the Keyblade back into his hand as he pushed on with his counterattack. Ramming the blunt edge of his weapon into his stomach which caused him to double over, Derrick jumped up, knee out and slammed it right on the jester's chin before following up with an overhead slash. The bottom of the hilt crashed right on the top of his skull, Chainz falling to the ground face first.

He wasn't down for the count just yet though...

Springing up, the jester went on the offensive once more, swinging both sickles wildly to create pressure. Derrick on the other hand kept taking a bunch of steps back, bobbing and weaving to avoid getting caught and even having to use his Keyblade to block a few blows. He held up his Keyblade and pushed it forward to caught a guard break, Chainz stumbling back and found himself on the defensive this time around. Using awkward movements, the jester managed to dodge each and every one of Derrick's counterattacks before finding an opportunity to counter back.

Side stepping and sickle readied in his grasp, Chainz avoided the Keyblade from driving into his shoulder and drove it right into the boy's side. A scream let out, gripping the sickle tighter as he whirled around and actually lifted the goggle-head by it, tossing him over his shoulder and slamming him down onto the cobblestone. Another tug and now Derrick was forced to stand considering the sickle was still in his side, sinking much deeper the more Chainz pulled on it. The other sickle soon found itself in the boy's shoulder, the chains unraveling from the jester's forearms as he swung him towards one of the brick walls near the fountain, slamming back first into it before falling to the ground.

There was a brief pause though, the jester letting go of one of the chains as he looked over his shoulder; specifically over at the Clock Tower. He extended that same hand towards the very top, opening a portal. On the other end another portal open but for a 'certain someone' to step through. He wanted them to have a front row seat for what was about to happen and just to make matters worse, he created a barrier that surrounded the top of the tower. This would prevent whoever stood out from getting to the district below.

Another hard tug and Derrick found himself being dragged along the ground and back towards Chainz who forced him to stand once again. He tried to lift up his Keyblade but it was far too late, a fist slamming right into his face, stumbling back but was pulled forward right into a knee to the gut and then another and causing him to drop to his knees. There was no break in between each attack, the jester using the chains wrapped around his forearms as a weapon when he crashed it against the boy's temple, the force of the blow making him fall onto his back. It was funny though; Chainz didn't expect this to be so easy but he didn't mind that one bit. It only made the beating much more enjoyable.

Grabbing both linings he spun in place which whirled Derrick around before lifting his arms above him, now sending the boy into the air. From there he then pulled down which would make the boy fall back towards the ground below but also used this as leverage, Chainz now going airborne. The chains reeled themselves back to their owner, the sickles now freeing themselves from the boy's body and constricted the jester's forearms, the boy slamming against the ground below. With one swift movement, Chainz whipped his arm in front of him in a swiping motion which caused several black wisps to rise all over the flooring of the district.

SHING

Derrick struggled to stand, now on all fours as his body shook from the impact he just took. He tried to lift his head up when hearing that distinct 'shing', now hearing what sounded like something falling from the sky. What he didn't know was that these wisps were actually 'targets', several purples flames(resembling the Dark Firaga but were much larger in size) aiming straight for them which one wisp in specific was actually near where the boy was. Attempting to pick up the pace, Derrick tried to get out of the way in time but found himself caught in the blast, the fireballs creating several explosions that shook the entire Second District. This felt like it was going on forever, smoke filling the district once the barrage was finally over. Slowly the smoke began to clear and revealed the damage that had been done.

There were crater scattered about, lantern posts were shattered, the windows from the Hotel and shops were all broken from the impact, it was a complete wreck! The fountain had also been destroyed, the water from it now spreading to some of the craters. However, the water was tainted with what appeared to be blood, a hand now sprouting from the debris it left behind. It was Derrick! He managed to survive the blast but was in very bad condition, climbing out of the rubble with his free hand, eventually dragging himself out. But something had gone horribly wrong...

His body was covered in scratches and patches of dirt, blood trickling down the side of his head as well as his right arm. But as for his left... it was missing! The sleeve of his hoodie was limp but also drenched with blood which dripped onto the ground. The blast that he was caught in ended up blowing off his left arm completely, the boy quivering as he continued to try and stand on his own two feet. Heavy breathing and coughing, most of which was the boy spurting out blood from his mouth, Derrick still didn't back down even if he was missing an arm! He was going to get himself killed! Unfortunately he only managed to prop onto one knee, placing his hand over his hoodie sleeve, feeling extremely light-headed due to the amount of blood he was losing. The only thing he could do was just let out a sharp scream out of pain.

Chainz on the other hand was going to finish this...

He landed in front of the boy, head cocked to the side as though he were examining Derrick's condition. He was a bloodied mess, hand grabbing the boy by his head and lifted him up. The boy gasped, struggling to even breathe properly as he threw an extremely weak punch to the jester's jaw but it didn't even phase him one bit. With his free hand, extended his index finger and placed it against Derrick's chest. A small purple orb began to form and in an instant, shot out a thin beam that pierced his chest and out his back, the boy's arm growing limp. Chainz took a much closer look and saw that those hazels eyes were much faded, almost looking grayed out as he tossed him into the crater in front of where the fountain once was, watching Derrick land face first into a puddle that was mixed with his blood.

There was no movement, no signs of breathing, nothing. Only the bloody mess that was called Derrick's corpse... he was gone...

The jester looked over at the Clock Tower one final time, extending his arm out and removed that barrier he created before taking a step back. Upon doing this, his entire body dispersed in several black wisps until he was gone completely, leaving behind Derrick's body...

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Huh?"

The familiar sound slinked through Rena's ears, sending the girl whirling around with a snap. Her eyes focused up ahead, then, suddenly, a big grin cracked onto her features.

"That's it!"

She could hear Aoi behind her, realizing the new piece to the scene, but she dashed forward and through just as he screamed, "Hey, wait a sec, kid!"

This was it! This must've been where Derrick was! Grinning, she stumbled through the other side of the portal, looking around wildly.

Traverse Town... But didn't it disappear a long time ago? She shrugged, stepping forward across the clocktower.

"Derrick!" she cupped her hands around her mouth, searching the surroundings for any sight of the teen. He had to be there somewhere! And she figured out exactly where... Clangs and clatters down below pointed to his location and to a fight down below. With haste, she dashed to the edge of the building.

Her curiosity, her eagerness to find the goggle-head, shattered. Worry slipped in its place.

"DERRICK!"

Staring with wide eyes, she fought to push forward, to jump to the fight below and fight alongside Derrick. She could see him, that horrible person from before: Chainz! He was the one who dragged Derrick there after all!

Her attempts to charge forward were futile. Why? A barrier. Gasping, the girl narrowed her eyes and growled. A flick of her wrist called forth a flash of light and her Keyblade along with it. She didn't hold back.

"HA!"

One slash! Nothing. She stumbled back, the barrier never budging. She dashed forward again, sending another strike. Another scream, another hit, another push back. The process repeated and repeated, Rena sending harder and harder hits only to be thrown further and further back.

"Kid!"

But she couldn't give up! She had to get to Derrick!

"Kid!"

SLAM!

She collided with the barrier again, but was picked up and thrown back into the air. She ended up stumbling and falling back into Aoi.

"Geez, you're f***ing stubborn!" he snarled, pushing the girl out of his arms and up to her feet. When she tried to run back, he snatched onto her arm.

Snarling, the girl tugged on her wrist.

"Lemme go!"

He tensed his grip. "There's no point, idiot! You can't break through that!"

She twisted and tugged on her wrist. "Yes, I can! Watch me!"

SLAM!

A loud bang, followed by an even louder slamming sound, caught the pair's attention, as did the burst of smoke that blew up across the district. The clocktower was unscathed, but the rest of the district, so they assumed from the rumbling, wasn't so lucky.

As the scene changed, Rena dashed to the barrier again, keeping her Keyblade tight in her grip. She watched, tapping her foot and searching for a way out. There had to be some way to get to Derrick! Something, anything!

The smoke started to dissipate. Rena could've sworn that she saw Derrick's silhouette through the fog. She pressed her hands against the barrier, only left to watch.

Then, the barrier disappeared.

Eyes bugged, the girl didn't hesitate. She jumped.

Stumbling to the ground, she didn't bother composing herself, shooting off towards her target instead. Breathing fast and loud, thanks to her overwhelming anxiety, she charged for the battle scene. But something stopped her. She stumbled to a halt, staring with widened eyes.

An... arm...? She gulped. Who did that belong to? She was too scared to find out. Her eagerness was gone; she treaded on light, cautious steps. Sneaking over bits of rubble, she came towards the fountain up ahead, narrowing her gaze. The smoke still covered over the district in a fog, much thinner than before but still there.

"Derrick!" her voice squeaked, sounding scratchy. She gulped, "Where are you?!"

Stopping before the fountain, she looked down.

"D... Derrick...?"

He was... collapsed? He was face down in the fountain... Why? Her rib cage started to ache, thanks to the rapid, slamming pounding in her chest. Her hands started to shake. She kneeled next to his side.

Surveying the damage, what caught her attention was the most shocking part. That arm from before... Now, it made sense. She gulped, grabbing onto his shoulder. She cautiously turned him onto his back.

Then came the next scary part. The hole in his chest.

"No... no..."

Her mind was racing. What was she supposed to do? He was supposed to be there, awake and not hurt! He was fine just a few minutes ago! What had gone wrong?!

"No, no, no..." her voice started to crackle, "No... this is wrong..." She grabbed onto the limp, lifeless teen, pulling him in closer.

"Derrick?" she shook her head, "Derrick, wake up... you gotta wake up..."

Nothing. Of course, there was nothing... Yet she couldn't believe it.

"No..." she started to choke, her eyes reddening, "No, come... come back..." She wrapped her arms around him. "I-I just found you again... You have to come back... You always come back..."

She buried her face in his shoulder.

"C'mon," she said, "You came back before... you can do it again... right? Right? Please... please..."

Nothing changed. Nothing ever changed. The reality was right in front of her. She had to believe it...

Sitting up, the girl looked at Derrick once more, surveying all of his wounds and that empty look on his face. That's what made it real... And that's what destroyed her. She collapsed, releasing a loud sob into his shoulder. She could barely speak, only sob. But she kept begging under her breath when she could, begging that he would wake up and everything would be okay. That this was all some sort of bad dream. He would wake up and grin or act all cocky like he always did...

She gripped his dusted, broken goggles, clinging onto them tight as if hoping that, if she wished hard enough, he would wake up. But he was dead in her arms. He wasn't coming back.

All he was now was a picture in her head, a memory. She couldn't live with just a memory...

"Kid!"

Flicking a blond spike back into place and grumbling some grumpy, incoherent words under his breath, he charged through the fog, over the rubble, and towards the scene up ahead.

He opened his mouth to speak up again, starting with the same "Oy!" that he always said, but he stopped and stared.

Derrick's death before... that wasn't sad. He honestly didn't care for the kid; he even tried to kill him just now! All he wanted was for this kid to disappear.

But something about seeing the scene before him, something about watching Rena breaking down more and more, struck a chord in him. He could only stare, unsure how to even react.

Empathy? Was that what this was...? Gulping, he stepped forward, hand outstretched.

"Nngh!"

But he reeled back, breathing fast.

"What the..."

He looked down at his left hand, pain shooting through it. But the same pain was shooting through his right hand, too... Both his arms, even... He stared at the damage.

It looked like he was trying to turn into a Shadow Heartless. Heck, that might've actually been happening... His skin was turning pitch black, his hands looking less like hands and more like claws.

He was disappearing. He was dying. Xiao's time was running out.

"Shit..." he hissed, looking up ahead with oddly glowing eyes. He narrowed his eyes, balling his hands into fists. Stepping forward, he kept a few steps away from Rena, then spoke up in a strong, serious tone.

"Rena."

The girl piqued up upon hearing him. She sniffled, rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

"What?" she laughed, fighting away her sadness, "You gonna pick on me for--"

Looking back, she raised a brow, looking at Aoi's held out hands. Her eyes bugged.

Aoi wore a hesitant grin. "You know what's coming next... right?"

She couldn't look back, but she nodded, "Y... yeah..."

Lowering his hands to his sides, he sighed, "I can't stop it... It'll pick the next host in line, so..."

"So... I'll..."

"No," he snapped, "There's a way out."

Pulling something from his pocket, Aoi let it fall into his hands, watching as it remained limp and lifeless.

Rena didn't need to look back. She knew what he meant.

"There's... there's no point anymore," she shrugged, hanging her head, "There's nothin' left for me now. All my friends are gone... and now this..." She gripped Derrick's goggles tighter, pinching her eyes shut. "I don't... I don't want to live in a world without them..."

"But..."

"Please," her voice crackled again, "Please do it, Aoi..."

He sighed, "...It's the only way out. It's a shitty way out, but it's the only way."

"But... you'll do it... right?"

His voice shook. He took the gun into his hand.

"Y... yeah... Yeah, I will."

Rena nodded, looking back at Aoi. The usually cocky, sadistic, even psychotic man wasn't standing there anymore. Was it really Aoi at all? Perhaps some of Xiao was fighting to get through, but this seemed like it was Aoi himself.

He was always fighting to torture and destroy the girl... Now, he was getting the one thing he wanted, and he didn't want to do it.

Rena looked down at Derrick one more time, too numb to break down again. She gripped his goggles so tightly that the lenses were starting to crack.

"Kiddo," Aoi piqued up, "One thing, though... I'm... um... I'm sorry..."

Raising a brow, Rena looked back, "For what?"

"For all of the shit I put you guys through. I guess, if I hadn't, none of this would've happened."

Rena didn't quite know what to say. She shrugged.

"I guess none of us would've known each other if it weren't for you, though. And Aex wouldn't be here either..." She grinned, "I guess... there's a li'l bit of good."

"Yeah..."

Aoi sighed, raising his weapon.

"Alright... ready?"

She looked back at Aoi, then around the district, then back at Derrick. Then, she closed her eyes.

"...Yes."

Aoi took in a shaking breath.

"Goodbye... kiddo."

One.

BANG!

"GAH!"

Two.

BANG!

Her breath slipped away. She choked.

Three.

BANG!

She dropped.

Aoi's hand shook so much that he couldn't aim another shot. His hand was jittery; he looked like he was about to collapse himself. He let it recklessly fall to the floor and stumbled over to the two teens on the concrete.

His glowing, emerald orbs focused on Rena, her eyes wide in shock. He couldn't let things stay like that...

Kneeling down to the pair's side, he turned Rena onto her back, closing her eyes, and did the same for Derrick. Seemed fitting that the guy who was always trying to hurt them would be the one to do that.

Standing up, he looked down at the two one last time. He was still shaken by the event, unsure how to react. All he could do was step back through a dark portal and close his eyes.

Maybe this was all a bad dream...

"Bye, kiddo... punk..." He chuckled as the portal consumed him.

Last edited:

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
  • [video=youtube;xV6PsSUs5ow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV6PsSUs5ow[/video]

"Rena? RENA! DERRICK! Oh God..."

The Restoration forces had arrived on the scene where they heard the noise came from. They had traced the location of Derrick in Traverse Town. But alas, they had arrived too late. Yuffie scouted ahead of the group; yet not going far on her lightning steps, she stumbled upon a horrifying sight. Alt and Cid rushed as fast as they can.

As Alt arrived, he found the ninja girl knelt down weeping her heart out to a very heart-breaking sight. Rena and Derrick at the pool of their own blood. Lying ever so tranquil upon the cold ground. Alt just paused and froze where he stand, Cid bowing his head and removing his cap hen placing it upon his chest. "Alt!" Yuffie stood up and heavily sobbed upon the mechanical warrior's chest. "No! No! This can't be happening." Yuffie cried some more, Cid immediately took the girl in his arms; trying to console her.

Slowly... Alt approached both Derrick and Rena's body. Knelt down and bowed his head. Rain began fall upon the twilight, from a drop then immediately to a heavy torrent. "I told you... not to do anything foolish..." Alt tried hard not to cry but as soon as he uttered the first word, tears began rolling on his cheeks. "I promise I'd protect you. But without you what purpose do I have!? Answer me damn you!" With bathed breath he lashed out. "Lad..." The old mechanic and the ninja girl mourned with him in the rain.

Derrick... He was the only person I could call my brother, worthy of my respect, despite we are of no blood relation. We fought side-by-side and stared death in the face on numerous occasions. I could not accept at first, this was too much to take all in. But the fact remained that he died protecting his princess, the love of his life, Rena. He died fulfilling his duty, he risked it all knowing it would kill him and never come back like he did before.

If he could do it then so shall I.... someday.

I have a heavy burden to carry out and it won't end here.

From there on out, I will do my duty in his honor and my master's.

May our paths cross again in the eternal horizon.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
♫「これが未来だというなら いっそ やり切れない明日を 手放して
I would have sooner let go of this painful tomorrow, if I had known that the future would end up like this.」♫

The dark portal closed behind the shadowed figure. With a sigh, he stepped deeper into the darkened room, collapsing onto one of the old chairs placed around. He hunched over, staring at his hands. Turning his palms, surveying his palms and back of his hands, he narrowed his eyes.

"Guess it stopped... for now," he said, leaning back. He put his arms onto the dusted arm rests and closed his eyes.

The sound of the train clattering against the track rang in the distance. Otherwise, there was only silence.

"What am I supposed to do now...?"

He slouched further into the chair and folded his arms across his chest.

"I don't have any hosts left... I've got nothing." He wrinkled his brow, "I'm... I'm gonna disappear... I'll have to go back to the Realm of Darkness again." Giving a laugh, he narrowed his now-opened eyes, "Who would've thought that I'd end up back there again? I mean... I did all of this in the first place just so I could get outta there..."

Aoi frowned.

"Do I... really have to go back there?" He shrugged, "I guess I deserve it, for all of the shit I've done..."

Knitting his brow, he focused on a poster on the back alley of the Usual Spot. He focused, narrowing his emerald eyes.

"At least... I wasn't selfish in the end, though."

He sighed, leaning forward now. He put his head in his hands, running his fingers through his blond spikes.

"Dammit... you're such a f***ing idiot, kid..." He snarled.

The previous scene was still stuck in his head, replaying over and over again. He kept going over it, as if hoping that he had made it all up and none of it had actually happened. Like reliving it would keep it from ever happening...

Xiao... are you sure that wasn't you?

Uhh... no, said the man, that was all you. I had nothing to do with that.

Aoi snarled, Then why do I feel so shitty? I never have any qualms about hurting anyone! This should be no different!

Who knows? Maybe you actually have a heart now.

Tch, yeah. A cold, rotting one.

Pushing himself up to a stand, the man sighed.

"Welp, no point in me hangin' around here. Better head over--"

He put his hand into his pocket, narrowing his gaze. Then his eyes bugged.

"Huh? What the...?"

He shoved his hand into his other pocket. Nothing there either.

"My... gun?" he gasped, "Shit! It's still there!"

Cringing at the thought of going back to Traverse Town, especially relieving that scene again, he shook his head. He had to suck it up and go back there! Just one quick portal in, then out, and that was it! No big deal, right?

Sighed, he snapped his fingers and stepped through the new portal.

"Let's get this over with..."

Now on the other side, he stepped out into the Second District again, refusing to look over at Rena and Derrick. He kept his eyes glued onto the ground, searching for his gun. When he found it, he exclaimed a small "Ah-ha!" and scooped it off the ground.

"Ha, you didn't think that I would've forgotten 'bout you, did ya--"

He looked up. His eyes bugged.

"Oh shit."

The silent district was now filled with a group of people gathered around the dead teens on the ground. Gulping, he looked around frantically, quickly hiding his gun behind his back. There was no way to convince them that what he did was right, especially after everything else he did. He needed to run. Now!

--------------

Wake... up...

A finger barely twitched, barely moved. Like something was fighting to hang on before falling into the dark. It wasn't strong enough to be noticeable, but it was there, just barely.

Wake... up...

Aphex

.Inspire.
"Down for the count already? Really, Rena? C'mon now! I know you're stronger than that!"

A voice? Despite the Restoration forces that gathered around the dead teens, they appeared to not have even heard that voice in the first place. Ironically enough though it appeared to be addressed over to Rena instead. If the girl were to awake--that is if she were able to--then she would be in for a surprise. There standing over the girl was Derrick but he looked as if nothing had happened to him! Arm was still in tact, there was no signs of blood anywhere, he was back to normal but something seemed off. His entire figure was transparent and behind him still lied his dead body which meant he really wasn't actually there which would also explain why the others couldn't hear or see him.

The apparition glanced over his own body, giving a slight shiver and rubbing the back of his neck when seeing it.

"Man, I must have really messed up big time, huh?" he commented with a chuckle before kneeling down beside the girl. "Anyway... you have to fight, Rena and I'll help you in doing so." His hand reached out for her and cupped over her hand before giving a faint smile. "You've grown a lot stronger over the course of this whole adventure of ours which says a lot, Rena. You need to keep fighting though; don't let what happened to me affect your whole mindset. Remember, I'm always with you no matter what. The only thing you have to do is wake up."

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Sir! There's an intruder!" One of the guards exclaimed, the rest of the squad readying their weapons upon Aoi's entrance. "Identify yourself!" another guard ordered, keeping a firm stance in case the Parasite ended up attacking.

"Hold your positions." Another voice gave a command but this one came from behind Alt and the others, their boots clattering along the cobblestone. A blonde haired man wearing a black trench-coat walked passed the the mechanical warrior, their blue eyes examining the scene in front of him once they stopped in their tracks. The sight of Derrick's body seemed to have caught the attention of the blonde hair man but that was going to be something he would have to worry about later.

"C-Cloud?" The ninja girl rubbed her eyes, surprised at who finally decided to show up. But he paid no attention to her and focused more on Aoi but with no intentions of starting a fight.

"Care to explain yourself?" Cloud ended up questioning the Parasite, the guardsmen lowering their weapons and taking a step back as they waited for any further instructions to be carried out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back