• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TRACES OF CHAOS [a kingdom hearts roleplay]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Sir! There's an intruder!

"Shit!"

Welp, that plan backfired.

Back turned on the group, Aoi froze in place, his entire body turning rigid. What was he supposed to do?! He whirled around to face the two guards who spotted him and immediately threw his hands up, unsure what else to do.

Identify yourself!

"Shitshitshit, Idon'twannadieIdon'twannadiepleasedon'tkillmeeeeee," he said under his breath, looking around with a desperate, panicked look across his face. He knew that, if he tried to run, that would spit in his face, since the stupid guards would just go after him! But he couldn't stand around there either. Either way, he was probably going to get stabbed or shot, two things he really preferred not to happen.

Hold your positions.

Suddenly, another figure stepped past the guards, heading towards the 'intruder.' A big grin cracked on Aoi's features. He dropped his arms to his side and gave a big sigh of relief.

"F***! Thanks so much, man--"

Care to explain yourself?

"Err..." he blinked, looking up at the blond-haired warrior. "Explain...? Explain what?"

There was something about this guy that made Aoi freeze up again, his cowardly side showing up once more. The man had no weapon at hand and didn't seem like he was about to start a fight, but just looking at the guy made Aoi feel like he had a big, pointy sword at his throat. He stumbled back a step, gulping.

Gulping, he gave a nervous laugh and reached his hand into his coat pocket.

"I-I was just comin' for... uhh... this?" He pulled out his gun, turning it over and surveying it, "Yeah, I was just comin' back for this!"

He held the weapon in the air for the group to see, careful not to point it at anyone; if he did, he probably would've gotten maimed. But, when he showed off the pistol, it seemed to melt in his hand. He stumbled to catch the falling, melted steel, just as it returned to its default shape. As he did, he looked like an awkward, stumbling fool, catching it and tossing it between his hands for a second.

"Err. Well, I guess it's this now," he said, turning the steel orb in his grip. Shrugging, he continued, motioning off to the side as he took another step back, "But I'm just gonna take it and go, if that's alright with you guys 'cause I'd really, really like to not get stabbed today, thank you!"

He turned around, but stopped. That probably wasn't the explanation they wanted, right? Oops... Well, it seemed like a good idea to explain what happened to the two dead kids! (In hindsight, that was probably an awful idea and he should've just kept his mouth shut.) Turning back around hesitantly, he gave a nervous grin.

"Also, that wasn't me!" he said, stabbing a finger over the group to Derrick and Rena, "I mean... One of... those, I guess, was partially 'cause of me, but I was asked to do that, totally different than actually killing someone, okay bye!"

He quickly waved and turned around to make a run for it.

---------------------

Wake... up...

Her finger twitched again. It was so slight, barely noticeable like before. But that didn't mean anything, right? (After all, those three shots happened to ensure that she wouldn't wake up again.)

Down for the count already? Really, Rena? C'mon now! I know you're stronger than that!

That voice... Wait, that wasn't right...

"Derr... ick...?"

No, that couldn't be right... Derrick was dead, gone. There was no way for him to still be there...

Man, I must have really messed up big time, huh?

But, there he was, talking! The words registered for the girl, but she couldn't act on them, nothing. She could just listen.

Remember, I'm always with you no matter what. The only thing you have to do is wake up.

"Wake... up...?"

Yeah, that's all she had to do. Wake up! Easy! Although she couldn't acknowledge him, if she was really there, she would've nodded and had a big, dorky smile, eager to act.

So, she did. Well, sort of.

"Ah-choo!"

Rena shot up, forced awake thanks to a tiny, tiny sneeze. She sniffled, itching her nose and talking in a quiet, small voice. She sat up, staring at her inward-turned sneakers as she kicked them back and forth. Blinking, the girl narrowed her eyes.

Wait, something wasn't right... Holding her hands in front of her face, she raised a brow, turning her palms over.

"I'm... invis-ble?"

She was see-through, just like Derrick! She looked down, realizing that she was sitting next to her body; it was a rather creepy sight, actually, especially since she saw three bullet wounds through her torso! Cringing, the girl sat on her knees, looking up. When she did, her eyes lit up. Holding a shaky finger, she stabbed it at the teen.

"D... Derrick!"

She stumbled to a stand, wobbling since she wasn't used to being, well, a ghost. She was all too eager to see Derrick again, especially after what happened, and she ended up dropping to the ground next to him. At first, she was grinning, smiling and all happy. She looked like she was about to hug him, but her smile quickly faded. She forgot something...

bonk!

Balling her fist, she bonked Derrick on the head!

"Don't ever, never do that again!" she said, wearing a pouting frown. But it quickly turned into a much sadder frown. She wasn't being silly or grumpy anymore; she looked far more distraught. "Please? That was lots worse than when you lost your heart..."

They probably couldn't do much about that now, though, since... well, they were kinda dead. But Rena put her arms in her lap and looked over the situation, frowning.

"Umm... are we suppos'd to wake up or somethin'?" she said, turning her head to the side, "How'd ya do that...?" Her eyes lit up, "Ohoh, I got it! I think there's some mansion with lots of ghosts in it and, yeah, we can go there!"

She paused, knitting her brow. She scratched the back of her neck, "Uhh... wait, nevermind, I don't think that'll help..."

[ahhhh that was much longer than i planned it to be, super sorries! ;~; (And I had to throw in the Haunted Mansion reference lololol, sorry ;w;)]

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
"Halt--"

"That's enough." Before the troops began pursuit, Alt's voice was made present from the corner where he mourned before Derrick and Rena. Rising from his knees, he carried Derrick's lifeless body, wrapped in him in his coat; while Cid carried Rena's. "Whether Aoi has something to do with this, pursuing him will make no difference." The mechanical warrior slowly walked past Cloud, "It's done. Catching the parasite won't bring back Derrick and Rena..." He softly uttered. Cloud and the soldiers eased up and lowered their arms.

"Cloud, rally the remaining troops and sortie upon the Sierra. Cid prep the ship for transport. Yuffie..."

In middle of Alt's orders, he glimpsed at Derrick's peaceful expression. He sighed and bowed his head. "--come with me. The others will have to know. A proper resting place for these two is in order." As the rain stopped and dawn has finally risen from the east, the Restoration forces had departed to arrange a proper send off to both Rena and Derrick. Where do they go from here, is entirely up to the path ahead.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Cloud on the other hand had an idea of his own. He watched as the Parasite ran off, Cid and Alt now carrying the bodies of both Rena and Derrick.

"A resting place won't be needed," he spoke up before walking up to Alt, looking down at Derrick. "We can still save the girl. As for him--" His blue eyes raised up to meet with the mechanical warrior. "We can still bring him back."

Yuffie on the other hand ran up to the group when hearing this though she was unsure whether to believe him or not.

"And how do you expect to do that?" she asked.

Glancing over at the ninja girl, he only could say one name. "Aerith." Yuffie was skeptical and wanted to retort with something but refrained from doing so when he continued. "She can save the girl but Derrick... it'll be a long process." Cloud glanced down at the goggle-head once more, determination could be heard as he spoke. "He's a strong kid, just like Willis was. But I know her magic can at least revive him."

"Yeah but... do you think it'll be enough?" Yuffie didn't want to get her hopes up but deep on the inside, she was already doing that. Though she perked up when she heard a tiny chuckle come from Cloud.

"How else do you think I'm still here?"

------------------------------------------------------------

The goggle-head heard the voice and saw the blonde haired man. "Cloud..." he muttered under his breath. It's been years since he had last seen him but it was a tad unfortunate that he couldn't actually greet him considering he was... well, dead.

bonk!

"Hey! What was that for?!" Derrick exclaimed, rubbing the top of his head.

"Don't ever, never do that again! Please? That was lots worse than when you lost your heart..."

Now guilt loomed over as he lowered his hand, heading bowed. "Oh... I'm sorry..." But when Rena had asked about what they were going to do now, he really didn't know what to say. "Well to be honest, I only showed up to help you wake up but seeing how you're here that didn't work." Scratching the back of his head and seeing the others lift up their bodies, he saw that they had to figure something out and fast. "Maybe we should follow them?"

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Whether Aoi has something to do with this, pursuing him will make no difference.

Aoi halted in his tracks, hand raised to open a portal. He didn't move. He said nothing.

It's done. Catching the parasite won't bring back Derrick and Rena...

The man could hear it just as Alt headed past. When that struck his ears, he dropped his hands to his sides, looking down at the concrete. He frowned, turning away from the group as they went to leave. He ended up back in the spot where Derrick and Rena once were.

And that image still haunted him. Why did it still haunt him? He never gave a shit about the kid – he even went through all of the trouble of ripping out her heart! – but why did he even care? Why did he care now, or even at all? It plagued him.

Grumbling, he ran a hand through his blond spikes, twisting his frown. Frustrated. So damn frustrated.

Hanging his head, he moved his emerald eyes away from the now-empty scene, focusing on the concrete.

"Why... does this feel so bad...?"

-----------------

Oh... I'm sorry...

Rena's eyes widened. Derrick felt bad...? No! No, he shouldn't have felt bad at all!

"No! Nono, I-I didn't mean it like that... I'm..."

Unsure of what else to, she shook her head and impulsively threw her arms around Derrick's torso.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I-It's my fault that that happened at all... I couldn't stop that creepy guy in time..." The girl paused a moment then ended the embrace, sitting back with her legs crossed. She hung her head. A moment of silence came and went, and she turned to another matter instead.

"I just didn't know what to do or anything..." she piqued up, now speaking about what had just happened, "And Aoi said stuff about the Parasite, so I-I thought that was the only way out..." She grumbled, looking away, "That... wasn't very smart, huh?"

Well to be honest, I only showed up to help you wake up but seeing how you're here that didn't work.

"Oh... Yeah, that..." she gave a nervous laugh, "Not sure if I can wake up at all 'cause of what Aoi did..." She shuddered, remembering the awful feeling of something ripping straight through her. She couldn't breathe, like she wasn't able to anymore, and then everything just stopped. It was an awful thing to remember.

Maybe we should follow them?

"Huh?" She turned, trying to figure out what Derrick was talking about. When she realized it, though...

"Ahh! They can't do that!!"

Leaping to her feet, she snapped onto Derrick's hand, racing towards the departing group. When she got close to them, she released Derrick's hand, now jumping up and down behind them to get their attention.

"Hey, wait a sec! Come back!! We gotta wake up first!"

Of course, they didn't notice. She grumbled, shaking her head. What were they supposed to do? They couldn't let them go away! But, now listening in on the conversation, she heard some weird blond-haired guy talking to the others. He mentioned something like they could wake up, but what bugged Rena was hearing that Derrick might take a while to wake up. She didn't let on about it, but it really worried her. What if Derrick couldn't be healed at all? His wounds were brutal... Who knows if they could be healed at all?

But the spiky-haired guy didn't seem too worried about. Hopefully he was right...

"Dammit, get a freakin' hold of yourself..."

Rena's interested was piqued when she heard another voice in the background. It was just a mutter, a mumble to himself, but the girl managed to barely catch it. In term, she walked over towards the now-hooded figure, looking up at them curiously.

"A... oi...?"

Standing in front of him, she looked past the shadow of his hood, turning her head side to side. He, obviously, didn't notice, but seemed visibly upset about something.

"I-I never care about killing someone... Why should this be any different? Why the f*** do I care?"

Knitting her brow, Rena scratched the back of her head.

"Umm... what'd ya think's up with him...?"

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Something is Calling -~

Kari stumbled out of the portal, dazed by the light that shone in her eyes; she raised her hand to block it out. She heard the crunch of gravel underfoot, turning around to look, she watched as the crowd moved on with their busy life; totally ignoring the fact that young, red headed girl just suddenly appeared in their mists. Taking a step forward, she scanned the crowd for any signs of a threat as she kept moving; something was drawing her toward the castle Kari could just make out but she wasn't sure what that something was. "Madame Suliman has a visitor apparently, and they say that he's different than the usual sorcerers that pass through the town!" A young boy called to his friend as he went racing past; accidentally bumping into the dark dressed girl.

Tilting her head to the side, the girl watched the two children for a few moments before she turned her gaze toward the castle; her fragment close by while still remaining hidden from the people. Walking toward the castle, she continued to listen to the pieces of conversation that she was able to catch, Kokoro hopping from one rooftop to another. Just be careful you don't get us killed, got it Koko? She ordered mentally, keeping her expression blank so she couldn't be easily read.

Reaching the palace steps, she saw the guards that littered the courtyard and paused to consider her best chance of getting in. She wasn't surprised when someone approached her to question her, looking at them blankly as she came to a stop; she listened as they asked her, "What are you doing here child? Shouldn't you be back home, that is unless by some chances you happen to have an audience with the king or Madame Suliman."

Smiling sweetly at them, Kari said just as sweet and innocently, "Sleep."

She took a step back as the guard fell to the ground, sound asleep and unharmed other than the embarrassment of drooling. Kari stared at him for another moment before she headed for the stairs, putting one guard after another to sleep when they tried to turn her away from the castle. Reaching the palace doors, she reached out a hand and pushed the door open, slipping inside she turned and shut the door behind her, before she continued searching the castle for whatever had called her to it.

~- Room of Angel? -~

The night sky was clear, hundreds of stars hung above; winking down on the reconfigured castle. A gentle night breeze caressed everything it could touch, the castle looming high over the valley, a stone bench sat next to a pond, waterlilies floating on the surface. Lush green grass danced in the breeze, lamps hung at different areas casting a gentle glow over the nighttime clearing.

A lone figure sat on a bench, their head concealed by the hood of the black coat they wore. Lifting their head slightly, the light bounced off of their eyes, causing it to glow a bright yellow color. They'd been here before this time, back when they were more aware of themselves, a strong pang of dislike gripped them as seven keyblade wielders flashed across their mind's eye. One was dead, so that just left six the robed figure had to find a way to subdue.They'd have to see that the six were destroyed or brainwashed into serving them, a cruel smirk flashed across their face before it vanished into the darkness.

Rising to their feet, the figure was again happy that their black coat, gloves and boots covered them from head to toe; it made their job easier. They're name was foggy, perhaps one of the trickiest details they held within their mind; but they had been called Mysterious Figure more than once.

Summoning a portal, they quickly detected the presence of two keyblade wielders, stepping through the swirling mass of darkness; they collapsed the portal behind them. Leaving no trace they were there expect the stain of darkness on the bench, although one thing was painfully clear, the Mysterious Figure was awake and hunting for keyblade wielders.

~- Who Gave the Kitty Sugar, er, Catnip? -~

"It will take time for Arcay to be prepared to stand up against our next target, even with Mimameth already in my possession. Arcay has now nearly completed its cleansing cycle. Though I do believe it will cause rather severe harm to this world, it will probably survive."

Cecilia sneaked a glance in Sleif’s direction as he spoke, only for her attention to get dragged away as the platform they stepped onto shot into the air. She did feel a twinge of excitement rush through her as she started pacing the platform, her eyes darting from side to the side as Eternity raced from one side to the other; just as intrigued and hyper at the new equipment as Cecilia was at it.

Let’s just say, Cecilia getting hyper and childish about something is like a kid that’s really well behaved to the point they seem older acting their age because they’re excited about something. This could be considered cute and amusing since it doesn't happen often to said child or leader.

After the platform came to a stop, Cecilia stepped off and started to run around the room, checking out the new features while staying out of the way. Not even remotely paying attention as Sleif headed for the chair in the middle of the room. It was a few minutes later when she finally settled down and returned to Sleif’s side, not even bothering to look down to see that Eternity was sulking because she had been ignored by the humanoid heartless.

A slight grin on her face, Cecilia almost said something before the first tremor rolled through the ship as the cannons were fired off. Looking out the window, her energetic nature slipped away for a moment as her mind turned to her friends that were down there. I hope Raine and the others will be okay. She thought, only to sense as Valerie conjured a portal and got the others out of there., effectively abandoning the world to the fate that had fallen on it.

Tracking the portal, Cecilia relaxed as Sonya, Raine and most of the others (other than the ones that have been mentioned in previous posts) stepped out of the portal and onto Twilight Town. Satisfied with the fact they were safe, she turned her attention to Sleif and waited to see what he would have to say about their next plan of action.

~- A Puppet in Fate's Game -~

Vanitas was up and pacing his room once more, he had sent Yuki away to check on things after everything had quieted down so it wouldn't be an issue. He did sense Ven's anxiety and fear, two things that he was doing an impressive jump of hiding. Turning his head away, Vanitas continued pacing the room, anxious to stretch his muscles for a bit, and yet perfectly content to stay in his “cell”.

He continued pacing, subconsciously drawing on the emotions surrounding him. Reaching the end of the hall, Vanitas spun around and looked around him, everything felt too close for comfort. Rubbing his arms, the dark haired teen noticed just how uncomfortable he actually felt. Chuckling a little at the irony, he shook his head before looking up at the ceiling and shouting, “Really? You’re not done making me your puppet in your stupid game? Yeah, well, f*** you too Fate!”

He knew yelling wouldn't help, or at least it wouldn't help much. Sitting back down, Vanitas continued with his fuming. Taking a couple of deep breaths to calm himself, his mouth twitched up into a smile as he chuckled, “No, you know what Fate? Fine, go ahead and do this, it’ll just make it more enjoyable when I kick your butt off your throne.”

Last edited:

Tyrant Raver

The Dragon
Awards
"A resting place won't be needed,"

This made Alt stop on his tracks, the blonde soldier has piqued his curiosity by the slightest. Slowly, he turned his head to face Cloud.

"We can still save the girl. As for him-- we can still bring him back."

Alt didn't know if he was spitting false hope or desperation. Just when the mechanical warrior was ready to accept the boy was gone, he was blockaded by the other Restoration Committee officer's stubbornness. But regardless, Alt kept his word and listened what Cloud has to say.

"Aerith. She can save the girl but Derrick... it'll be a long process. He's a strong kid, just like Willis was. But I know her magic can at least revive him."

Alt looked at the goggle-head walked past Cloud. Not uttering a word, it was clear that what they're suggesting was implausible and not to mention won't work at all. Alt had known the fullest extent of White Magic, it can revive but it can never resurrect a corpse. Unless of course they were gonna dabble on Old Magic; which they're not gonna do in a million years.

"How else do you think I'm still here?"

As he was about to utter a strict order, Cloud's last statement struck Alt's attention like a lightning bolt. He figured it out, "No..." He said in utter abrupt; making the group think Alt was in disapproval. "But Alt--" Yuffie was about to protest, "--No! No! Not Aerirth... the reason you are still here because of--" Alt then turned his attention to Cid. "The Lifestream--of course!" The old mechanic got the idea that Alt was pointing out. "And Aerith, she is the only one who can control it. But..." Just when his expression was about to lighten up, "Your case is different, Cloud. You have been exposed to the Lifestream before and tests we've made that this particular energy can heal or even destroy you at a completely random percentage." The ramifications of the solution seemed more dire than the desired result.

"Lad... we have to try."

Cid placed his hand on Alt's shoulder. "If this is the only way we could save them. What's there to lose? Don't worry, we're all in this, you will be not alone in this laddy. The boy was our family too like he was to you." Cid explained right to the point to his apprentice.
"You're right." A slight smile finally drew on Alt's porcelain complexion. "Alright, pull out all the stops. I want every member on the Committee working on this, gather them up at the ship." Finding a new spark of hope, Alt ordered the restoration forces to withdraw to the Sierra to make the preparations for the procedure.

I'm sorry I gave up on you so easily Derrick. Hang on, we will do everything in our power to save you. Even if its impossible, as long as there is hope, we will make it through.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~The Task At Hand~~~~~~~~

The monitors throughout the room were still ever busy, gathering and quickly displaying the information that continuously was being recorded by the sensors of Arcay and the immense incalculable mind of the AI linked through its systems. Status reports of repair throughout the massive ship, power usage from the numerous devices and computer systems being used, the ever changing energy patterns of those leaving the surface of Midgar itself, almost nothing was left out to be documented. It wasn't until the explosive forces from Arcay's cannons carved deeper and deeper chunks from the earth that the monitors soon focused on something new.

The images being shown, that being the last remains of the crater which held the fungus like organism that threw the mighty ship so quickly into a cleansing of the area, now showed some strange substance bubbling to the surface through some of the newest cracks. Already everything about this green liquid was being quickly recorded. Soon the numerous cannons of the ship had reformed themselves to the sides of the ship, allowing devices not that different to tubes to lower and hang lifelessly like from the underbelly of some great metal creature. More and more Arcay lowered itself closer to the surface of Midgar, it now a much easier feat with the great expanse of room after the toppling of many of the buildings.

The massive crater had soon filled half way with the liquid, and with it the readings being taken by Arcay only grew stronger and more precise. It was clear the substance could be used as some kind of energy source, as fuel, something much akin to the lifeblood of the world. While all but useless for the running of Arcay itself in its current state, it was clear Arcay wasn't the primary focus of the AI that was expanding its will throughout the ship right now. It was as if a need, a much more important directive, had been activated within the AI and by now finding this highly valued fuel had no choice but to complete its job.

Soon the liquid was quickly taken up through the large tubes, the great many chambers within the hovering ship most likely built for the direct need for storing vast kinds of liquid just like this, yet more of it still seeped through the cracks of the crater, quickly replacing that which was taken up into Arcay itself. Some of the monitors now changed to show some kind of basic pictorial diagram, the main being that of two structures, half of which showed that of some kind of tower which the second half was clearly depicting that of Arcay.

The strange shimmering symbols between them both however wasn't that clear, though it appeared as if something was being transferred from Arcay itself to this tower structure, and that something seemed to be energy. All this was being noticed by the sitting Heartless, and though he had a feeling of what exactly was the cause of this sudden change to operations, he still allowed the AI to continue with her work uninterrupted.

"I must thank you for your cooperation through all of this. It will be some time before we are able to take the final of the three facilities, and as it seems the artificial mind of Mimameth is currently draining power from this new source of energy on this world, we may have to wait for the process to be completed." Said Sleif, his long arms leaning over the sides of the throne like chair, allowing his fingers to just barely brush the top of Eternity's head while his two Panthera Heartless took up curled positions on the same side of the Lost's.

"I believe then, there is just one question that needs to be asked. What is this great need to protect the wielder of darkness, Riku?"

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
Castex watched from a distance as Arcay landed upon the world slowly jabbing into the lifestream that was unique to this world. He watched blankly as the ship clearly continued to get stronger with each new situation it was introduced to. Sleif was clearly planning to use Arcay's unique adaptability to fight Xart for control of Los Carundo the unknown facility that he and Sleif had only been on once... and something that clearly should not be awoken from its deep slumber.

"Their are reasons why even Angros would not continue its use Sleif," Castex spoke to himself as he started to walk in the direction of the ship. It was clear that letting Sleif handle things on his own had been a mistake on the nobodies part... it was time for someone to pull the reigns back on Sleif's madness. With a sudden leap off a destroyed building a portal appeared mid air and swallowed Castex whole. Now that Arcay was replenishing itself it was wide open to infiltration. In no time flat the portal reopened in the deck section of Arcay. Looking up he could see Sleif talking to... a lost?

"I see so the Lost still roam the world," Castex spoke out revealing his presence though their was no doubt that Sleif immediately felt his presence the moment the portal opened. The nobody walked into the light halting right as he made it to the center of the deck.

"I must ask that you halt Arcay from its current actions Sleif... before I force it to stop I doubt this facility no matter how strong could handle it if we went all out inside it," Castex pointed out as he summoned Nightmare as a clear and only warning.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------

~~~~~~A Fleeting Light~~~~~~

The dead cracked ground surrounding the immense metal structure, which for most of its existence remained silent, soon began to breath once more with the sudden shutter that pulsed through the dried up earth around it. Its great hollow roots that crisscrossed deep into the planet's crust caused mighty quakes as they retracted and ripped chunks of the once settled earth from around its path, the now collapsing tunnels further increasing the quakes now starting to tear apart whatever remained of the world.

Even the tower's impressive crown of black clouds began to fade, revealing the red sun that used to be hidden behind the impenetrable curtain of smoke. Yet as the dead world was finally released from the metal tendrils of the tower, its final fate had already begun long before, the silence the structure fell into having only bought the empty world time it shouldn't have had. More and more the ground split and fell in on itself, forming deeper and wider chasms with every passing second, so fast was the collapse that the tower itself soon began to sink deeper into the earth from its immense weight.

It was the final shake from the tower that set everything off. As if someone had thrown a switch, the ground erupted, breaking apart into massive chunks of dried stone, rising high into the air now with no sort of solid foundations before sinking down into the abyss below. Even the metal structure itself couldn't withstand the force of gravity that still was present on this world, slipping free from its position as it quickly fell with the last remainders of the world's surface.

While the sight of watching a world literally fall apart was something one would find unique, the almighty and bright blinding light that shone out from it would have been something one would only see once in a lifetime. So powerful the light, it was as if one was watching the birth of a star, yet it faded back into darkness just as soon as it appeared, the now floating hunks of rock the only sign of anything being there at all.

~~~~~~The Growing Typhoon~~~~~~

Energy was still being transferred from Arcay at an alarming rate, so much in fact that the large ship's process of draining from the Lifestream had to increase in order to just keep up with the power demands needed. While it meant Arcay was soon devoting much more of its ability into gaining and transferring the energy, it also meant that the time needed to finish was quickly dropping.

"I see so the Lost still roam the world," Glancing down at Castex as he stepped into the light of the control room, the Heartless never moved from his spot, still laying back against the throne like chair in rest.

"I must ask that you halt Arcay from its current actions Sleif... before I force it to stop I doubt this facility no matter how strong could handle it if we went all out inside it," The summoning of his weapon was quite clear to Sleif, it was to be a warning, something he knew Castex was certainly ready to go through if it was needed.

Gripping the arms of the chair, the tall Heartless pulled himself up, standing and towering much more from his high position before taking his time as he made his way down the higher level's steps towards the Nobody.

"I recall, of an agreement that was made not too long ago. That of my support...or I should say appeasement, as that was your only motivation. To try and control my actions as well as myself." Spoke Sleif, his eyes which had been tired as he sat upon the throne, now a hardened glare towards the Nobody, the sudden tense spike in the air rising with every step he took closer to his oldest friend.

"And now, what do I find before me? You wish to further control me, to change my own plans, thinking you know my own thoughts better than I? No!?" It was that one word that seemed to ignite the atmosphere with a sudden rush of anger and darkness, like the first of many waves crashing into the rocks, it being only the beginning of something much more violent and powerful.

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Calm Before the Storm? -~

"I believe then, there is just one question that needs to be asked. What is this great need to protect the wielder of darkness, Riku?"

Cecilia heard the question, and as her mind scrambled to come up with a sound answer; she picked up on the sound of a portal whooshing to life before it blinked out of existence again. She tensed her muscles and willed the necklace she wore to shift into a short bladed weapon that she held in a backhanded fashion. Turning on her heel to face the newcomer, she schooled her features as Castex stepped into view and commented lightheartedly, "I see so the Lost still roam the world."

Monster!

Abomination!

Filth!

Nobody!

Hush, all of you! Cecilia ordered mentally, the whole time keeping her face neutral as she eyed Castex; trying to judge just how dangerous the situation truly was. She didn't bat an eye as Sleif rose to his feet, taking several steps closer to his old friend. Composing herself, the small woman walked calmly over to Sleif. Placing her hand on his arm, she drew on the anger and exhaustion that the humanoid heartless felt, before she replaced it with the calm, levelheadedness that she was feeling.

She turned her attention to Castex and quipped coolly, "Yes, the Lost do still exist, something I figured you would have known since you dealt with me and one other back in Radiant Garden. Although it's understandable on why you're confused, you are extremely old after all and the Lost are very rare." Cecilia didn't know how wise of an idea it was, but even as she spoke, Cecilia sent some of the calmness she was feeling straight toward Castex.

Cecilia kept her tanto next to her side, a clear signal to the two older beings that she meant neither of them harm; but if push came to shove she would defend herself. Sensing that Eternity had shifted from her small house cat form to her black panther form, Cecilia commanded mentally, Stand down for the time being, get everyone else out of here and over to Astral. I'll be fine while you're gone, so go. Cecilia wasn't surprised at her friend's reluctance, despite the reassurance that she would be fine, but she knew Eternity would follow the orders none the less.

"Come on Castex, you and me both know you'd have the easiest time getting this confrontation to end here. So, for the sake of everyone, stand down." Cecilia suggested soothingly, her eyes darting from Selif to Castex back to Sleif during the suggestion. As she waited for an answer, Cecilia kept up a steady manipulation of emotions going for the two older beings, she also just so happen to be waiting for one of them to make the next move.

Last edited:

Kingdomkeylight

KKL & Don't You Forget It
Awards
~♣Calm Before The Storm♣~
Castex locked eyes with Sleif as the heartless's temper caused the very air to become hostile with rage, and the only thing probably keeping him in check at the moment was the fact the ship would take major damage, and that one of his subordinates was right next to him. A memory briefly shot through Castex's mind as a familiar situation came to mind his eyes however opened up as the Lost spoke up asking him to calm the situation...

"Sleif you make it harder for me to protect you the more innocent lives you destroy. Please call off Arcay... your in control right now not Incena you should have no desire for this sort of thing," Castex eased his voice as he desummoned Night, and put his arms on the taller mans shoulders. His eyes glowed a dark green as did his hands as if trying to calm down the heartless... a practice the nobody probably knew the best.

"I cant save you if you put a larger gap between use my friend," Castex spoke again trying to reach out for the heartless's older personality of a silly teen who cared for those all around him. Once it seemed that all was back to the norm the nobody removed his hands with a soft sigh before hiding his face yet again with his cloaks hood. His head lightly turned to the Lost girl... he found it interesting how well she was keeping herself calm around him from his last experience with her kind well... he definitely knew they didn't like his kind, and it probably made it worst that he was one of the older few existing.

"Sleif Danu should be able to tell whether or not Xart is around regardless of his ability to completely hid his scent I saw him a bit ago... I need to know if he has yet to leave this planet."

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-----------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~The Children Come Out To Play~~~~~~

The anger felt within Sleif grew only stronger and louder for the human Heartless towards his old friend, even with the sudden drain coming from Cecilia beside him. It was as if everything but the Nobody in front of Sleif didn't exist, the rage he felt swelling more and more with every passing second.

The formless masse of darkness that appeared behind Castex, something only the Heartless himself could see, slowly started to coil its smoke like tendrils around the Nobody, though its entire existence was something only within Sleif's own mind, and possibly those who were connected to his own thoughts at those moments.

It was the sudden movement of Castex placing his hands onto the Heartless shoulders that seemed to snap the man out of it. His once glaring eyes finally relaxed, staring widely towards Castex as if he hadn't seen him in the longest time.

"I can't save you if you put a larger gap between use my friend," Those calm blue eyes of Sleif's continued to stare at Castex for as long as he could, soon fading away along with the last remnants of his anger as his red filled eyes returned once more.

Stepping away from both the Lost and Nobody, the Heartless took a few more steps closer to one of the windows of the command deck of Arcay, watching as the bright green liquid currently being drained from the world sped through the large clear tubes connected to the ship.

"Sleif, Danu should be able to tell whether or not Xart is around regardless of his ability to completely hid his scent I saw him a bit ago... I need to know if he has yet to leave this planet."

The last few gallons of the green liquid travelled up through the pipe a few moments after Castex asked his question, the large ship shaking just a tiny bit as it began to retract the objects used to pierce the world of its energy. And though there was clearly much more left to take, it was as if there was no more point for some reason to keep draining, something currently unknown to the Heartless, until that is the entire ship seemed to dim lightly.

"And she would, if it wasn't for we have just lost connection with Mimameth..." Sleif said as he turned back to Cecilia and Castex, one of the large hanging monitors turning to show the three a simple looking error message between the design of a ship and that of a large tower structure.

"If you wish to know whether that twisted husk is still here...then your only choice is to ask the Three." With that, Sleif began to make his way back up to the large throne of a command chair, sitting down upon it as the lights within the room and throughout the ship once more came fully on.

"Eriu...Fotia...Catha...come out now for us." As he spoke the names one after another, three of the widest lights hanging from the ceiling of the room began to grow a bright blue, forming a column that reached down to the floor they shone upon.

The first to appear was a tall and slender woman, her long light hair tied together into many braids that floated along with her dress' hovering appearance.

The second was of an older woman to the first, though not by much. Her darker coloured hair hung loosely down her back and over her shoulders, partially covering the shoulders of the chest-plate armour she wore, a shorter dress when compared to the first woman's feet reaching gown.

The last was obviously the smallest and possible youngest of the three. Her hair much shorter, not even reaching her shoulders, the little girl had a face splitting but happy grin that reached one side to the other, holding her hands behind her back as she floated in the light just like the other two, her own dress more like a top revealing the knee reaching shorts she wore.

"......I cannot sense Danu any longer here......"

"G-Good! She scares me..."

"You're not even alive! It's not like you're one of these Breathers!"

"......Danu is still capable of erasure and editing of your systems...Fotia......"

"Oh....good point......"

"Ohh! Breathers!!"

It was the smallest of the three that suddenly acted, moving through the air of the room with the speed of bullet fired, and right between Cecilia and Castex, happily looking back and forth between the two.

"I'm Eriu!! What's your names?! When'd you get here?! Are you staying?! Are you leaving?! Did you meet scary Mother?! She's scary you know!! I'm Eriu!!" The little floating ghost continued to turn her attention and questions between the two just as quickly as she moved, her eyes blinking rapidly as if taking snaps with a camera.

"You're a Lost!! But you can't be a Lost!! Lost are extinct!! See right here?!" The girl said, causing one of the smaller monitors to fling right between her own face and Cecilia's, showing the Lost the exact file the girl was talking about, however her attention suddenly flipping to towards Castex, the Nobody finding the girl looking upside down under the hood he was using to try and cover his face.

"I know you!!...I don't know you!! You're that boy from the last time!!...But you're different!!...But the same!!...You're silly!!"

"Fotia...take Eriu away from them......"

"Uugghhh......yes Catha......" The tallest said as she obeyed the other woman, the look on her face one of annoyance as she floated towards the giggling girl, yanking her up into the air away from Castex with a sudden tug on the back of her collar.

"...You activated us for...a query...was it, sir...?" The armour clad woman asked as she floated along the ground up towards Sleif's throne.

"Yes. We have just lost a direct connection with Mimameth. I want you three to find out why this is, and what we are to do as of now. Addition, search for any signs left on this world close to that one's body structure." Said the Heartless, motioning his hand towards Castex and causing Eriu to quickly fly out of Fotia's grip.

"I can do that! I can do that super fast!!" With that, the little girl quickly sped around Castex, her eyes blinking even faster than before and causing some of the monitors throughout the room to suddenly start sifting through dozens of information filled pages at the same speed of her blinking.

It was during this time that Catha, the oldest of the three and the one wearing a top half from a suit of armour, and who was standing by Sleif's side the entire time this was going on, finally turned towards the Heartless.

"...Mimameth cannot be located in this region of space...query has been extended to trace faint trail from Amoveo Phase......co-ordinates to farthest planet most probable for Mimameth to have passed has now been entered into Arcay's flight drives...we may depart when ready, sir..."

"Great! Just awake and already on another boring mission...got anything yet Eriu so we can get out of here?" Fotia, the tallest of the three, asked as she leaned against one of the desks circling the room.

"Huh...? Oh right! The bad Nothing Man! Yep, already found him!! He's somewhere over here!" Eriu said happily, swinging her little arm in a big circle in front a monitor showing the layout of Midgar below, the location of Xart to the floating girl being a whole quarter of the city.

"You can't be any more specific?"

"Hmm......nope!"

"Let's just blow it up already and leave this world!" The sudden aggressiveness from the tall Fotia was what caused Arcay to rumble just a bit, the many secondary weapons that littered the outside skin of the ship already beginning to turn and aim relatively towards Xart's position, thanks to little Eriu's help.

Clearly not as powerful as the cannons first used to decimate the city's ground, the smaller turrets' shots were still quite effective, firing so fast chunks of taller buildings began to get chipped away by the shots. Some cleaved whole floors with a single pass, raining the now freed pieces of metal, concrete, and glass down onto the streets below, the turrets aim systematically closing in on the Nobody the longer they fired.

Last edited:

SwagStarIV

I just logged in... And got so many trophies
Awards
Hiro awoke to a blurred vision and his depth perception fading. On the side of his vision was a bar that was blinking red. He had about a quarter if health left and darkness seeping into his pores. Hiro laid within the darkness taking a self analysis. He quickly realized that darkness had started to corrupt his inner mechanics. Hiro stated, "Ada! Well isn't this quite the situation. I need a scan of the surrounding battlefield. Next I need you locate which direction the castle- guh... Is..." Hiro was slowly fading to the darkness. He then waited for Ada to float back to him and bring him her diagnosis of their current situation. His meter was slowly lowering, as he grabbed his X and W bio-metals. He stated softly, "Here we go again... Megamerge! Xeta-Wing!"

After mending the biometals together, Hiro released the trigger and watched the magic. The wing bio-metal began to shine at the tip, the darkness around him slightly gave way so that Hiro's body began to sink. The bio-metal attached itself to Hiro, and in a spark of light he transformed into his XW form. The darkness around Hiro began to rise in a wisp form. It then rushed towards Hiro consuming him in a ball of darkness. As Hiro walked towards the hole in the building, he looked down to see heartless guarding the tower. Are they trying to make sure no body obtained my body, or are they thinking I'm one of them? Ada floated back to him and said, minus the minor destruction here and there, your only true detriment is your current health stature. Hiro scoffed at her notion and consumed the darkness surrounding him. The darkness began to surge through his suit, healing his wounds.

Once his body was seen through the darkness, Ada continued, "The castle, as you can see, is that way, and your suit is repairing all malfunctioning materials. Your wrist garments are crippled, but besides that you seem to be in good shape. The darkness was causing a disturbance in your core form, but in this form it powers you. A simple cure spell should suffice, and the excess darkness should give you a boost for the time being. There may be a crash at the end... But it will be momentary and start the beginning of your forms original decent. For now you are in overdrive. Hiro complied with her analysis and used a cure spell. He then floated down to the ground and walked pass the heartless, almost undetected. Hiro stated, "Ada... Initialize internal communication." Ada shined and was consumed into Hiro's wings. Hiro continued... I have a certain someone to pay my respects to. Afterwards we need to find our way to comrades. Let's make this quick. Ada!

Eternal Dream

The Messenger
Awards
~ The World That Never Was ~

~- Somewhere In Between -~

Glaxsudo was a coward, and Isa wasn't surprised when the Nobody and his companion made their retreat before the blizzard had fully died. But perhaps it was a blessing, if the warrior was willing to be honest with himself; from everything the fool had let drop during their fight, Isa knew the Nobody was his best bet on finding Tora, and it wouldn't do for him to go dying just yet. He had to know she was okay; even with his resolve to keep his poison away from everyone he used to care for, Isa still had to see that she was alright.

It seemed that a brother's instinct wouldn't die quietly.

A soft whine from Cuore had Isa turning to face both her and Ienzo just in time for the older man to see the younger take off, the Illusionist's eyes screwed shut. Turning his gaze back to the wolf, Isa quirked a brow at her and said, "Well?"

I'm not sure, the Heartless said, her words flowing through his mind like an evening wind, But the pup doesn't smell right. I think his opponent may have set up a two stage attack before she departed; he seemed distressed by something only he could see. Why else would he flee with his eyes closed?

"Poison. Quite often a woman's weapon, but not always. Clever of her. Come along, Cuore; we need to track the young fool down before he hurts himself, and I'll need your help to make sure the poison's out of his system." The wolf shot him an incredulous look, causing Isa to throw up his hands with just the slightest bit of a smile ghosting around his face. "What? You know my specialty isn't healing; you're stronger there than I am."

The Heartless snorted softly, but she still set off at a trot, following where Ienzo's scent led her. Isa walked behind her, keeping his senses peeled for anymore trouble while also allowing his thoughts to turn inward. He could feel the magic pulsing beneath his skin, causing his blood to race hot from the recent release. It had felt good to shed his human skin in the fight against Glaxsudo, Isa wasn't going to deny it; but he still had to be careful with the magic. He'd spent ten years a Nobody, cut off from the Wild Magic, forced to remain human no matter the situation, and he'd only become whole again recently. While he wanted to slough his human identity and run with the wind, he couldn't dive head long back into the Magic just yet unless he wanted to be consumed and lose his humanity, trading two legs for four for the rest of his life. It had to be a gradual process. It was irritating, but Isa could manage.

He'd always been a patient man.

~ Cat Kingdom ~

~- Bring Me Your Peace -~

"Y-You okay? Uh, from what I can tell you've got promise as a fighter."

Kairi was surprised by how tentative Ven sounded when he spoke behind her, and she felt herself chastised for her temper. Turning to look at him, Kairi found herself smiling at him as she softened; something about Ven made it where she couldn't help but think of Sora. Still smiling, she said softly, "Yeah, I think so. Sorry about my temper. I... I'm not usually like that."

Ven smiled at her by way of accepting her apology, then looked away to the lake. Walking forward a little, the blonde looked out at the water as he said cheerfully, "You know, despite seeing so many worlds, a new one never fails to get me excited for what it holds. Hehe, Terra and Aqua would probably laugh at me if they heard me say that."

Kairi laughed as well, walking up beside Ven as she said, "Nah, I wouldn't be so sure about that. I get how you feel, and I've heard Riku and Sora say the same thing before." Turning her head so she could look at him, she asked him, "Although now you have me curious. Just how many worlds have you seen?"

~ Midgar ~

~- Into the Unknown -~

Illyx watched Xart as he gave his reply, her eyes a deep, unreadable green. At last, once he'd turned it back on her, she said softly, "No, I wouldn't. If we could be brought back in a moment, on just a whim, then what's the point in living? We wouldn't be as watchful, we wouldn't live like we were immortal, yet treating each day like it could be our last. We aren't meant for that kind of existence; not everyone has the humility or knowledge to know when to say they've seen enough for their lifetime. What you do is unnatural; we who have cheated death and come back from beyond are unnatural. I still have work I need to do, and then I will lay my burden down. It's as simple as that."

Before she could become sarcastic about his Nobody and emotions comment, though, Illyx became distracted, and in a major way. A great rumbling shook the ground, causing the Nobody's balance to become questionable as the spirits around her became uneasy. Looking up, the woman had just enough time to see what appeared to be a laser falling toward the planet's surface before it felt as if the very ground beneath her exploded. She tried to maintain her footing, but she felt herself go flying, dirt and concrete scattering through the air; the last thing she remembered was trying to summon a portal to escape before a large piece of concrete struck her in the temple, and she blacked out.

~--------~

Illyx came awake by slow degrees, a low, pounding ache in her temple and her right arm throbbing. Groaning softly as she shifted her weight, the Nobody slowly drew herself into a sitting position, pulling herself from off the floor as she took a look around herself.

She looked to be inside a ship of some sort, cool, smooth steel walls and floor stretching out before her, featureless. Stretching her senses out, Illyx could just detect the low thrum of hearts that had been stolen by Heartless; there were three or four that struck her as particularly powerful. There was also a strange entity that seemed to be made of two bodies, but who's heart and memories felt as one.

Most importantly, however, Illyx could sense Castex was somewhere on this ship. Steeling herself, the Nobody pushed herself to her feet, stifling a moan as her injured arm gave a throbbing protest to the intrusion of her weight. She felt like the bone was damaged, on the verge of fracture, but she couldn't repair it yet; that attack she'd used on Xart had taken more of her magic than she'd wanted it too, leaving her too depleted to heal a simple broken bone. Holding her right arm close to her chest, Illyx set off towards where she felt Castex, her senses on high alert.

She'd have to be careful.

~- Release Me From this Curse -~

Rae heard what he said, but it wouldn't be until much later that Castex's words would process through her mind. Now, she spun in her cage, only the faintest echo of satisfaction from hitting him pierced her rage as she searched for weakness in the zero gravity prison. It wasn't until the ancient Nobody struck the cage with his lance, sending it and its furious captive away, that Rae even realized that he'd called the damned weapon in the first place, and by then she was already hurtling too far away to even snarl at the bastard.

She seemed to travel for an age, suspended in her prison. Just as she felt that her last, tenuous grip on sanity was about to break, the orb bounced against the ground, its momentum finally spent. It bounced once, twice more, before shattering against broken concrete, spilling the Nobody into an ungraceful heap of deep green velvets and pale skin.

For a moment the women just lay there, her breathing ragged after the rough exit from the prison. For a moment, she just breathed; in and out. In and out. Finally, she opened her eyes, to reveal a lighter shade of amethyst than they had been in an age.

Amy took a great, shuddering breath, feeling like her head had broken the surface of the water after drowning in an ocean of darkness. Looking around, she called in a hoarse voice, "Lea? Tora? Where are you guys!"

She climbed unsteadily to her feet, trying to draw on her old techniques for calming her mind and stilling her thoughts. She had to focus, to stay calm. It was the only way to keep the darkness, and the voices, away. She didn't want to face it again, that cloying, heavy blanket she'd been wrapped in for ten years. She didn't want the demons in her head again. Whatever else Castex may have done, the fury of being held captive, of being made powerless, seemed to have broken through to the woman beneath the magic, allowing Rae's darkness to fall away and let Amy burst through. Now, she needed to use the slim window she'd been given to cement her control and begin the search for her heart. Carefully, she took a step, then another. She needed to get moving, to get help before she was dragged under again.

She needed her friends.

~ Sorcerer's Haunt ~

~- Say My Name -~

Vesper watched as Aqua bent down to pick up the feather that had come to rest at her feet. The feather was about a foot and a half in length and colored a deep black with just the fainest hint of gold edging its tip. Her fingers moved softly over the plume as she peered up into the sky, her eyes slits against the sun. Her voice was soft, almost like she wasn't even conscious of speaking as she watched the slowly disappearing form that flew far overhead. But Vesper still heard her.

"Terra?"

It couldn't be possible, though. How could Terra...? No, the idea was utterly absurd. Vesper say practically that exact mental argument play across Aqua's face before the woman shook her head, banishing any further wild musings. Even so, he saw how she very carefully tucked the feather away, almost as if she wanted to save it so she could examine it further at a later date. Dropping her right hand on his head, Aqua said quietly, "Are you coming, Vesper?"

Vesper considered staying outside, his wolf's instinct uncomfortable with the thought of being inside such a small space. There was also the matter of his desire to leave to protect his friends; though Riku had pushed it back for the moment, Vesper still wasn't sure if he was willing to stay and put them in danger. However, the thought of leaving was even more unappealing now than it had been even just ten minutes ago. Gently, Vesper leaned into Aqua's side, telling her that he would follow her into Howl's cottage.

Quietly, the two of them trailed in, the last of their small group to enter.

~- But it's Not the Same -~

Terra didn't know how long it was that he flew for, but it must have been at least a few hours; all he knew was that the sun was setting by the time that he finally touched down. He looked around, taking in his surroundings even as he folded the wings tight against his back. It appeared that he was in some sort of palace garden, which had him already on his guard; from his time as one of Ansem's apprentices, Terra knew palace guards didn't take kindly to unexpected visitors. Using the cover of the trees, Terra carefully made his way towards a set of doors he could see set into the wall ahead.

"Halt, sir!"

Cursing his luck, Terra froze, forcing himself to appear as non-threatening as possible. Turning slowly to face the guard, Terra held his hands up as a sign for both peace and apology as he said, "I'm sorry, sir; I honestly didn't mean..."

Terra blinked when he realized that he wasn't facing a palace guard, but rather a young page. Surprise held the brunette silent as the page sketched a bow to him, the boy's voice perfectly composed as he continued, "You have been expected, sir. Madame Suliman knew you were coming, and she requires your presence right away."

Recovering quickly from his initial surprise, Terra nodded as he said, "Okay, fine. Show me the way, then." The page didn't reply; he just turned smartly on his heel and began making his way for the same doors Terra had been heading for. Picking up the pace, Terra followed close behind the boy, the dark wings rustling softly against his back as he walked.

Last edited:

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
~- Caught Between Adorable and Annoying -~ (sephiroth2 gave me permission to control Eriu for the piece she shows up in)

Cecilia sighed in relief as the confrontation came to an end, she looked away from Castex, not quite in the mood for talking. Yes, he wasn't quite like the other Nobodies, but he was still a Nobody. She didn't follow Sleif as he walked away, figuring that it was best to let the Heartless have some space. Instead, she hissed lightly to Castex, "Thanks for helping to settle that fight, I was starting to get a little worried." She didn't bother to look at him, because quite frankly, she was irritated and she had no idea why. Sure, she'd been drawing on Sleif's irritation just moments before, but it was still a tad odd that only now she was affected by it.

"Tell me something, how were the boys when you last saw them?" She asked nonchalantly, keeping her gaze trained on the floor of the cockpit.

Okay, there, she'd be polite and talk to him, but she would under no circumstance look at Castex.

She glanced up as Sleif said something, only to be greeted by a young girl that was floating in front of her and talking a million miles a minute. "I'm Eriu!! What's your names?! When'd you get here?! Are you staying?! Are you leaving?! Did you meet scary Mother?! She's scary you know!! I'm Eriu!!"

"Uh...." Cecilia stammered, not quite sure what to make of the girl floating in front of her. Before she had a chance to answer though, Eriu chattered excitedly, "You're a Lost!! But you can't be a Lost!! Lost are extinct!! See right here?!"

Next thing Cecilia knew, she had a computer screen practically shoved into her face, taking a step back she did a quick scan of what the file said. Smiling ruefully, she answered calmly, "Yes, I'm a Lost, and we're not extinct, we're just rare because of the Purge that had happened long ago."

She hadn't been alive for the slaughter, thankfully, but she had heard stories that had filled her with despair from her elders. It was also apparently while no one knew the secret of how to reverse the condition, and apparently, where the Lost's dislike for Nobodies had first begun. Cecilia listened as Eriu bombarded Castex with questions, before being reminded of the mission she was supposed to be working on. A soft smile spreading across her face, Cecilia watched the other two ghosts as she said joking, "You know, at first I was torn between thinking Eriu was adorable and wanting her to stop moving. Now though, while I wish she wouldn't move so fast, I think she's an adorable little thing."

Cecilia's attention was drawn to the door as Eternity stepped back into the room, a mocking look in the feline's eyes as she padded over to stand next to Cecilia. Feeling more relaxed, the woman tangled her fingers in the panther's fur as she said, "While I think it's a tad reckless to attack the planet without knowing the exact location, I have to agree with Fotia. Let's get this man hunt over with so we can get a move on."

Walking over to the computer, she motioned for Eriu to follow her as she looked at the files. "Eriu, can you do me a favor and pull up the one on the Lost? There's certain facts that are missing from it, and I want to get it corrected."

"Sure! I can do that for you, I'll do it really fast just tell me what to fix!" Eriu squealed happily, the little girl flew over and started editing what errors there were.

Cecilia stopped the ghost girl, Cecilia said hotly, "We're not immortal, we're just hard to kill because of the fact that a piece of us has been broken off freezing us in a certain place. If anything, the only we just can't die of old age but anything else would work. Including denying the magic. Sorry about that explosion in temper, it's just irritating when people assume such thing." Eriu shrugged off the apology, before the ghost girl got to work on correcting the assumption about the life expectancy of the Lost.

As Eriu typed in the corrections, Cecilia's eyes were drawn to one of the computer screens that showed they had a "guest." Pausing for a moment, she commented to Sleif, "Sleif, we have a new guest on the ship, she appears to be a Nobody but it appears as if she's not a threat. Would you like me to send someone down to greet her, or would you prefer her monitored for the time being?"

~- Soothing Conversation -~

Aura trotted alongside the others, enjoying the pleasure of Tora's company and the sensation that, at least for the time being; she was whole. Aura smiled gently as she noticed that the Nobody felt the same way, turning her thoughts inward, Aura tuned out the hearts of everyone else. "Well, we're here, come on everyone!"

Sitting down, Aura cocked her head to the side as several of the others walked inside. Aura gave no visible reaction as Tora gave her a quick scratch behind the ears before the girl slipped inside, an unspoken agreement between the two sides of a whole. She let Aqua and Vesper pass, nodding to the two of them, the wolf heartless curled up on the ground and watched the lake in front of her. It was blissful, and Aura couldn't help but feel relaxed as she watched the way the sun danced on the water.

"You know, you just get prettier each time I see you."

"Is that supposed to be some cheesy pick up line?" She quipped, sneaking a glance toward the red tailed hawk that landed next to her. She knew that despite it seeming to be healed, Hawkeye's wing was still bothering him. She smiled at the slight triumph, only to frown (in a mocking fashion), when Hawkeye finally found his voice again, a strangled squawk escaping the bird as he snapped, "No!"

"You lie," she hissed, she returned her attention to the water as Hawkeye huffed angrily at her comment. She let him be angry, it was actually cute when he got this way. Smiling with her eyes, Aura teased, "What? No witty little come backs from the fletching?"

"I should burn you."

"You won't though," she said nonchalantly, and even then, she could tell there was no true weight behind the threat. After all, their hatred of each other was all an act.

Hearing a slight sound, she didn't look in Hawkeye's direction as the raptor, now turned human, reached out a hand and stroked her head. Sighing happily at the light touch, she closed her eyes, she relaxed as Hawkeye continued petting her. After a few minutes, she asked, "You're sitting where you are on purpose, aren't you?"

"Of course, no point in adding more to their plate than there already is." Hawkeye murmured, his back up against the side of the cottage so he was completely out of sight of those inside.

Aura nodded in agreement, opening her eyes again, the wolf watched the dandelion that wasn't too far away from them. She caught a glimpse of Hawkeye smiling softly, and that little smile melted her heart. She watched as he reached out, picked up the dandelion and then blew on it, scattering its seeds to the wind. Barking happily, Aura leapt to her feet and bolted, chasing after the floating seeds in an effort to catch them.

Aura ignored Hawkeye as the boy laughed at her and her childishness. She only stopped running when she reached the edge of the lake, hunkering close to the ground, the wolf heartless whined slightly as she eyed the seeds longingly. Staring a few more minutes after them, she returned to her feet and headed back to where everyone else was, knowing that as soon as she got back Hawkeye would be back in his bird form.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back