• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TRACES OF AFTERMATH [a kingdom hearts roleplay]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
--------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~Disney Castle~~~~~~

With a sudden timed movement, each of the TALOS Units in line within the Throne Room sounded out their march with a loud noise of clunking metal, the large machines heading once again along the red carpet towards the throne itself and the stairs which led down. Two of the Units remained at the archway to the cavernous room while the rest moved on, one unit turning its cross marked head to stare down the hallway and to that of the faintest crack of an open door. Watching as they streamed into the darkness that lay at the bottom of the hidden staircase, Queen Minnie could look only in wonder.

“Goodness! They're certainly very different to the Brooms. Do you have them just for protecting your cities?” Asked the Queen, her voice sounding just like a tiny squeak when compared to the deep and booming reply that came from the general.

“We do now. Originally they were made to combat 'Those from the Darkness'...I apologise...they were made to combat 'Heartless' after the war. While they would be unable to survive intact on what were once the Frontlines, they are perfectly suited for smaller varities. And so we use them in junction with our troops that are stationed off-world.”

After the stream of machines finally disappeared down below, Queen Minnie's smile peaked up as she seemed to remember something important, the Queen silently moving across the marble floor until she stood before the giant.

“Oh yes, I just remembered you wished to learn more about Sora, Riku, and of course my dear Mickey! Please come this way, the Library is a short walk!” Said Minnie, the little Queen seemingly excited to talk about the Keybearers as she moved ahead of Anorgos at a rather quick pace, something that was easily matched by the General's large footsteps.

Stepping past the massive open doors, the Queen took no notice of the stationed Units flanking its sides, while the towering General instead took immediate notice. The General's dark green eyes scanned the still standing TALOS Unit, before quickly turning to see its matching partner now near the end of the hallway, the same one which her Majesty was walking down .

Clearly not designed for silence, the heavy boot shaped feet of the TALOS Unit stamped as it marched down the carpet covered hallway, its single focus on that of the sliver-of-a-creak opened door. Once reaching it, the machine began to raise its arm to grasp the handle with its thick, but still quite flexible, fingers. That was, if the much louder sounds of the General's own marching steps from behind didn't cause it to immediately stop and stand to position before its Soverign Commander.

“Unit, take position here. Her Majesty and myself have much to discuss, and we are not to be disturbed unless it is an urgent matter. Understood?” At the mention of it understanding, the large TALOS Unit's eye flashed in time with a pulse of sound, like that of a ding, before taking its guard to the side of the Library's doorway.

As he began to reach out and open the door with his massive hand, Anorgos didn't miss the clear sign of the door already being open, and so it was the case, as his metal guantlet of a hand just touched the large door, that the General suddenly pushed it open with a mighty, slamming, boom.

----------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~Traverse Town~~~~~~

Its claws continued to dig into the wall it peered around from, more so when the boy with the wolf made mention of something watching them. With the two older looking people taking a moment to scan around their surroundings, the creature of shadows suddenly clung more to the wall's surface before shooting up out of sight and onto its roof.

It wasn't able to hear the faint mumbling from the older man as it glided up to its new position on the rooftop, but from the way they all began to move towards one of the pair of large wooden doors, it soon felt safe enough to continue watching, and soon after follow, after the tiny group into the Third District.

Clinging Derrick to his back by a combination of one of the metal cords as well as his power, the Captain finally gave a tired sigh, his smile returning, although faintly this time, as he looked down to Rena.

“Always the 'Brave One', you're really doing some good tonight Little Lady.” Said Sleif, smiling the whole time as seemed to have no trouble holding the unconscious Derrick in one hand, while still grasping the handle of the massive sword in the other.

"I see you have been busy Captain." Called the new voice, causing Sleif to smile even widder as he turned his head slightly to see the majority of familiar figures approaching.

“Well you know been here nearly an hour, thought I should do, something, to keep me busy while waiting.” Replied the Captain, laughing as he took a few steps in order to meet Taces, Kos-Mos, and the joining Young Boy and Wolf.

“And my dear Kos-Mos, always such a pleasure to see you out and about on a mission. It seems you two are having a knack at finding some stray kids too.” Said Sleif, motioning first to the unconscious Derrick hanging on his back and then to the standing Rena.

“Oh that's right, sorry! Taces...Kos-Mos...Young Man...Wolf...I'd like to introduce you to this Little Lady, who has been a big help here! Little Lady, these two sullen adults before you are my friends, Taces Bleause and Kos-Mos!” The sudden realisation of something else though caused the Captain to let out a laugh, shaking his head as he tried to stop the giggles.

“And I guess after all those bust-ups we never really did get the chance to introduce ourselves properly!” He said, stabbing the tips of the large sword into the ground by his side, before offering his gloved hand out to Rena smiling.

“I'm Captain Sleif Destati...but you can just call me Sleif if you'd like.”

HyperShadic

Awards
Theo was glad that the gravity man had stepped in and saved the girl as well as not hurt the boy. Theo had to let out a sigh of relief. Great, he thought, that's another mistake for you Theo. The man brought his hand down to grab his sword when he heard people come through the doorway. He was about to pick up his weapon when the gravity man, Captain Destati he corrected himself, introduced himself and his two allies. Theo placed his sword back on his hip and moved back over to the wall and sat down against it his right arm resting on his lap and his left holding his throbbing head. He closed his eyes and slowed his breathing in order to calm down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inside his head, however; was anything but calm. “Oh come on Theo, at least let me go at Destati,” the armored body whined. Theo didn't respond, he didn't feel a need to respond to his biggest mistake. The armored man slumped in boredom. “Fine,” the armored man said throwing his arms up in defeat, “be that way, but the moment you slip up,I'm coming out and I'm taking out all of them.” Theo finally responded, swinging at the armored figure. The armored figure didn't even bother flinching. The strike didn't hurt the armored figure but it did knock the helmet off of the body. Theo wasn't shocked when he saw his face staring back at him save for black thorn markings and yellow eyes. Kallian cracked a confidant and cocky grin. “Aww,” it said in a mocking tone, “I see how it is. You want to protect the kid like you couldn't with her. That's so sickeningly sweet it makes me want to throw up.” Theo went back to ignoring Kallian. Kallian took that moment to remind Theo of something, “Just how much longer do you think you'll have control, huh? A year or two? A couple of months?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Theo reopened his eyes and had them bounce between everyone gathered. He wondered who, if any, could be trusted with his secret.​

Story Keeper

Anxious Writer
Awards
Sending out my soul to worlds more beautiful
~- Not Just Your Skin -~

Traverse Town

Ronin watched the scene unfold, and even though Captain Destati, erm, Sleif said it was safe, Ronin didn't relax. His eyes zeroed in on the wolf from before, who was standing next to the boy that had run off earlier. He looked the boy up and down, seeing no physical sign of injury Ronin pushed the boy from his mind. His eyes next went to the boy named Theo, and he watched as the boy slid down the wall. Noticing the familiar struggle of an inner battle, he stashed the weapon still in his hand and walked over. Waiting until he was a couple of feet from Theo, Ronin asked softly, "May I sit down?"

Even though he should have waited for an answer, Ronin sat down and apologized, "I'm sorry, I normally would have waited; but it's just seems like you need a friend right now. My name's Ronin." Ronin looked toward the group, trying to judge just how much he could say without drawing too much suspicion his way. Focusing back on Theo, he titled his head to the side, examining the other teen closely in an attempt to understand just what kind of situation the other boy was in.

"How long have you had problems with your head?" Ronin asked, keeping his voice in the same low tone so as to not draw unwanted attention to him and Theo. His own eyes were darting from one spot to another, and even though Ronin tried to remain relaxed, the fact that he was ready to bolt at a moment's notice was obvious; his eyes flickering with a wild light while still being concerned and sympathetic.

~- Maybe Then They'd Understand -~

Tora took a step back when her brain register Gnostos was is her face. A sheepish smile spreading across her face, Tora said apologetically, "I'm sorry, I spaced out for a second. I thought I felt something from the direction of the Third District." She glanced toward the door once more before focusing on her two fellow Nobodies, knowing that they deserved such a better explanation than what she gave.

Noticing that Sakura had at some point slipped away, Tora felt an imaginary surge of panic at the idea that one of her wolves were missing. Eyes darting around in search of the red wolf, she didn't even look down when Hawthorne leaned against her; only finally looking down at the wolf when the she-wolf whispered in her mind, Milady, she's fine. She just sensed someone else like us so she's checking it out, they're in the Third District if you wish to take a look for yourself.

Staring at Hawthorne for a few moments, she scratched the wolf and answered, "Thank you Hawthorne, what would I ever do if you weren't here to keep an eye on me?"

Hawthorne gave a wolfy grin as she answered mentally, You either would have gotten in trouble by now, probably something severe enough that Rae couldn't talk you out of it, or there'd be a couple of unfortunate accidents involving your fellow Embodiment members because you allowed your boredom to get the better of you which would just land you into some serious trouble.

Tora allowed her hurt to show at such a suggestion, before she shook it off and returned her attention to Gnostos and Alexandra and chirped, "Do any of you have any preference, besides a high vantage point, on how to get in there?" Looking between the two of them she waited to see what they would have to say.

~- Undertow -~

Twilight Town

((OOC: Lunarmaster54 has given me permission to use Hitomi for this post))

Arno nodded in understanding of what Hitomi had to say, although he wasn’t quite sure of everything she’d said. Glancing back down at the Dark Hide, he looked back at her and raised three fingers, making it clear what he was planning. Watching as she nodded in understanding, he watched as she started gathering energy even as he counted down.

Hopping down on the count of three, he felt the haste spell flood his muscles; making Arno feel jittery almost like he’d absorbed too much caffeine. Eyes darting around, he spotted Nico and winged girl when they entered the fight; he watched Thrash barrel into the Heartless just as Nico shot off a firaga spell.

Jerking backwards even though it wasn’t aimed at him, Arno whistled sharply, signaling Liberty that she needed to strike. Watching as the bird dive-bombed the heartless, Arno bolted in and slashed at it; before retreating to a safe distance and started pelting it with ice and wind spells. Watching as Nico threw another fire spell at the Dark Hide, Arno got his attention and signed, We need to provide a distraction for Hitomi, she plans on attacking it when it’s weak enough.

Arno registered Nico’s anger, and he didn’t have to have his hearing to know that Nico was cursing up a storm in Italian. Flinching with each insult, Arno felt his head start throbbing and tried to resist the urge to puke. Quietly cursing the Dark Hide himself, Arno rolled out of the way when it charged.

Feeling the aftershock tremor of it hitting the tree behind him, Arno spun around quickly to check to see if it was the one Hitomi had been hiding in. He allowed himself a brief tremble out of relief when he saw that she was okay; only to cringe when a firm hand landed upside his head. A quick glance over his shoulder revealed to him it being Nico, and the tight set in the older boy’s jaw told Arno that he was in big trouble after this was over.

A dip of the head allowed him to relay his understanding, which caused Nico to soften just the tiniest bit. Hopping away from his older brother, Arno shot off another ice spell just as Nico did the same with a fire spell, after the smoke cleared Arno watched as Libby and Thrash struck in unison before they scattered away from the Dark Hide to avoid the retaliating shots.

Arno watched the Dark Hide and smiled slightly, an idea forming in his head that would probably end with him being grounded for at least a couple of days, if not eternity. Shrugging at the prospect, he shot off a couple more spells, drawing the Dark Hide’s attention to him just as he felt a protect and shell spell slide over him to add a second and third skins. He noticed it powering up for some kind of attack, and he bolted away from the others.

He knew that the Dark Hide was giving chase, based on the tremors that kept trying to knock him off his feet. Falling, he whistled for Liberty to drop down and attack it again; only for the bird of prey to get knocked to the side. Feeling a shockwave of pain spread through him, Arno hissed at the pain and curled in on himself. Definitely not his best plan, it was stupid and reckless. Watching through the haze of pain as Thrash pounced on the Dark Hide, he felt Nico grab him by the collar of his shirt and pull him away from the boss Heartless.

Eyes darting around, he searched for the bird that he’d recklessly endangered only to see that she was okay and out of harm’s way. Calming down slightly, he looked up to the trees to search for Hitomi as he called, “Now Hitomi! Thrash has it busy and it seems to be tiring!”

~- Weirdness and Ice Cream, Again. -~

Radiant Garden

James kept moving through the crowd, his eyes on the duck with the ice cream. A glance over his shoulder told him that Juliet and Cyrus were still in relatively close proximity, and it allowed him to see that Mogoni was following behind him. Slowing his pace to allow the moogle to catch up, James looked at Mogoni in curiosity only to remember that he'd taken off while the moogle had be talking. A nervous laugh escaping him, James stopped and rubbed the back of his head, a boyish smile spreading across his face James laughed, "I didn't mean to wander off like that, I just got distracted by the ice cream."

Cocking his head to the side, the same smile was in place as he asked, "Do you want some ice cream too?" Noticing the pale green glow, James's eyes darted to it and he felt his curiosity getting the better of him. He wanted to take it and look at it. Looking away from the contraption that caught his attention, James shoved his hands and kicked the ground with his foot. "Sorry, I'm still getting used to this whole world hopping thing." Looking back at the duck selling ice cream, James started walking toward it again, his fingers absently fiddling with the spare change that was in the kid's pocket.

Reaching the duck, he looked at the different flavors and listened as the duck chatted away with some of the adults around the area. "You boy, where are your parents?" A voice demanded.

James jerked backwards at that, startled by the sound of someone talking to him. Looking around in confusion, his eyes focused on the duck that was wearing a top hat. Startled, he heard one of the other shoppers make a comment to the duck, apparently it's name was Scrooge McDuck. James listened as Scrooge told the gentleman to mind his own business, and James glanced over in the general direction of Juliet and Cyrus and answered quickly, "My older sister and her boyfriend is around. Why?"

"Why!? Don't you know it's dangerous for a child like yourself to be wandering around by themselves?"

James heard the squawked words, but they didn't register fully. Clenching his fists for the little bit that did register, James swiped one of the ice creams and ran back in the direction of Juliet and Cyrus, not caring that he nearly bumped into people and they were yelling at him for it. Although he did remember his manners, he apologized for the near collisions and he did leave the money for the ice cream back with Scrooge.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back