• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TRACES OF AFTERMATH [a kingdom hearts roleplay]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
TRACES OF AFTERMATH

A little note before we get into things: you do NOT have to show up in Traverse Town. That's why Aoi shows up in the World that Never Was. It'd be awesome if you did show up in Traverse Town to start, but since there's the whole thing where there's supposed to be alternate storylines, it's best if you showed up in another world.

The worlds you can show up to start are: Traverse Town, Twilight Town, Hollow Bastion, and the World that Never Was.

Otherwise, LET'S START THIS!

+++++++​

The clicking of shoes against the cobblestone street. The jingle of a chain. And a very odd sort of growling.

The child came to a stop and glanced up wearily. She frowned, looking nervous and a bit forlorn.

This had to have been the fifth time passing through this district, looking for somebody; just an sort of somebody. She had been here for only a few days and had seen no one. Nobody at all! This was a desolate world indeed and it was getting quite creepy... Especially with something following you around.

That growling noise came again and she let out a small curse, suddenly looking sick. She had realized that there wasn't anything to eat here, either. She definitely didn't like stealing stuff, but there wasn't even anything here to steal. This was getting ridiculous!

Maybe there were people here, but they just didn't want to come out? The tomboy glance around curiously. Maybe this key thing was scaring them away... She glanced down at the key in her grasp so much that her eyes became fixated on it. It looked like a sword, so maybe it was scaring people away! However, every time she tried to throw it, it simply came right back. She didn't know how to hide it, either. She tried putting it between her back and her belt, but it felt safer when she just carried it around. Thank goodness it wasn't that heavy...

Whoosh!

The sound came with a pair and the tomboy glanced behind her wearily.

More of those weird things...

Silver creatures that were tall; the way they moved made her think of a fish swimming or something along those lines. They had mouths closed by zippers and their hands were covered with belts. They weren't really friendly, either; when she first found them, they tried to attack.

As soon as Rena recognized them, she turned the opposite direction and ran straight towards the third district. Being in the first district, right over by that giant door, had an advantage!

She rushed over to the door. Gave a hard push against it. And ran forwards. She threw her back against the door on the other side of it and felt two hard thuds against it afterwards; she didn't want to look, but just assumed it was those things crashing into the door.

In another district now and nobody was there again. Rena gave a growl.

"HEY!" she screamed, still standing against the door, "IS ANYBODY HERE!?"

-------------

The male scratched his neck. He mumbled something about 'odd habit' and stepped through a puddle.

The World that Never Was. Desolate, dark, and drenched. The male stepped through the streets, hands in his pockets. He gave a quick whistle. Then, suddenly, simply gave the air a sniff.

"...Damn." he cursed, taking his left hand from his pocket and staring at it for a moment. He soon turned his head to the side and wore a frown.

"Traverse... I gotta get there..." The Nobody scratched the side of his head, that side of his hair ruffling a bit upon doing so.

He had to be somewhere, where ever 'Traverse' was, but something was keeping him from going. Specifically, the XIIIth's 'dear leader' would be at fault, just because he would have called the meeting. There was something in that place, though, and he had to go find it quick. If there was a damn meeting and he missed it...

Still, the fact that he didn't really care about the whole XIIIth begun to jump around before him. He wasn't leading it, so it didn't matter to him! Plus, there might be a way to get to their goal if he just left.

A wide grin formed on his pale face. Just had to wait.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Traverse Town. Such an elegant town. Utter silence, the gentle night breeze that swept throughout each district, the stars along with the moon lit up the eternal midnight skies and acted as a semi light source. All these things combined made up such a peaceful yet beautiful world. The downside of all this? The frequent attacks that take place every now and then thanks to the Heartless, attempting to feed off of the hearts of innocent civilians or at least what was left of the remaining population. Alas, even if they were taken care of, Traverse Town is forced to bear more oncoming assaults from these creatures which prevents the world from ever returning to its calm and peaceful state.

Derrick, a fourteen year old boy, stood on top of the Gizmo Shop that lied within the heart of the Second District. His weapon which was a unique blend of a broadsword and a tonfa, was held firm and tightly within his right hand for protection. His sets of hazel pupils gazed up at light emitting moon that felt oh-so very close, lifting up his left hand almost in a reaching out sort of manner. Just something about the view always gave him this form of confidence which kept him going on about with the rest of the day. This is something that Derrick could be found doing most of his free-time whenever he is no longer taking care of the Heartless.

"Such beauty."

The goggle-headed teen lowered his left hand and took in a deep breath, exhaling as his closed his eyes. The cool breeze blew and touched his face, making him feel nothing but relaxation. If only he could do this forever without having to worry about anything. . . that's all he could ever wish for. But alas, a shriek of help echoed within the district ruined the mood.

It sounded rather distant, coming from the alleyway leading to the large gate that guarded the Third District. Letting out a sigh, Derrick had no other choice but to check out whoever it was. Now walking towards the gate, he began to hear what sounded like an object banging on the other side. When pushing it open, he caught a glimpse of a girl leaning up against the other gate on the other end of the district. The gate itself seemed to be pushed by something on the other end, believing to be the Heartless.

"I'm guessing you need a little help, yes?" Derrick questioned, his smart-ass type now coming out at that moment.

Akans

「moriya」
Ei walked through the streets of The World That Never Was. It was kinda lonely. And scary. That building over there? Who knows what was hidden in the shadows of an alley. Scary.

From behind him, a sort of purr sounded. Turning around, Ei saw a small black Unbirth sitting on its hind heels, looking at Ei with its head slanted in bewilderment. It was like a Shadows, except rounder and funnier looking.
Laughing, Ei crouched down and stroked its head. They were really cute, these Unbirths. Like children.
"So how are you doing? Having fun?"
It purred again like a cat, clearly pleased at being stroked. How nice. Who would want to hurt them?

A slight sound to his side, and in one silver slash, the Unbirth disappeared in a buff of black ash. A Samurai Nobody stood nearby, weapon drawn. Their task was to cleanse TWTNW from the Unbirths since they started appearing.

Ei looked at the Samurai, appalled. The Samurai cocked its head, as if wondering what Ei was.

A deep growl sounded from Ei, and a huge tomahawk to match Lexeaus's appeared in his hand and crushed the Nobody. Breathing deeply, Ei turned and walked away. No one messed with Unbirths when he was around.

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
[my bad rena. i wasnt thinking. i do that alot. i was in a rush but i edited it]
Xack was sitting apon a roof in Traverse town. As he was sitting he was watching a girl who was about the same age as him. He watched as the nobodies he sent were chasing the little girl. He began to lose intrest and started looking around. He turned his head and saw a boy. Xack studied the boy and started to learn a few things about the boy.

"He looks about 14. hes a little shorter than me. Nothing really special about him. I wish i could talk to him thought".

He suddenly remembered why he came here. He looked back and found that the girl was gone and so was his nobodies."DAMN", he cursed " I better find her before the nobodies get too carried away. I better find her, shes the only one that can help me find out who i am. If i go back to the XIIIth without any information then im probably stuck their forever." as he was about to make a dark portal he took one last look at the boy, who was beggining to move somewhere

" I wonder if i wasnt a nobody ... could we be freinds?"

He went through the portal to make sure that girl doesnt get hurt.

" If i go back and people find out Aoi's goin' to kill me."

Last edited:

Artemis

For the glory of the hunt
Fay sat at the mouth of a darkened alley, arms wrapped around her legs, thoughts speeding through her mind. She was hopelessly lost after wandering the desolate city for what seemed like an entire day straight. The World That Never Was, dark and cold and lonely, was the exact opposite of where she wanted to be. The silence seemed never ending, except for maybe when she would hear the soft padding of feet. She would always look to see what made the sound, but there was never anybody there.

As she sat, she heard more of the soft footsteps, only this time, they were extremely close to her. She was getting to use to the silence too. She peered her head around the alley corner, but alas, there was nothing there. This city seemed devoid of human life, but full of those stalking little shadows that always managed to disappear. She only sighed, and looked down at a most abnormal looking blade, her blade.

It was shaped like a giant key, but it swung and cut like a sword did. She didnt really remember when she received it or found it, it was in her tight grasp when she first appeared in this city. She couldnt seem to get rid of it either, it was like it was chained to her and they couldnt be seperated.

She heard another set of footsteps, only these were hard on the stone, they belonged to a human, and they seemed real. She listened more intently, before standing up and grabbing her key. She started to get excited at the thought of another person in this lonely city, and she walked out of the alley. She was about to move towards the fading footsteps, when she heard a soft whoosh behind her. She turned slowly, her eyes grazing over a white and lanky figure, covered in zippers. It stared at her, at least it would have it if had eyes, and lunged forward, pointy hands ready to slash at her. She gasped and shot her key out in front of her, not knowing if it could really protect her. She waited for impact, for the white creature to come crashing down her...but it didnt. She heard another whoosh, and when she opened her eyes, the dusk nobody was fading away from existence.

She only blinked, and decided to ge away from the area. She continued to walk down the barren street, hoping to find whoever made the footsteps.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[Ven, Derrick and Rena are in Traverse Town, not Twilight Town. ^^;]

I'm guessing you need a little help, yes?

Rena's eyes glanced up from the ground and she jumped a little at the sound of the voice. She heard footsteps and looked over at a stairway, one which a boy was stepped off of. Her face lit up at the sight of him. Somebody was actually in this place!

Rena became ecstatic, to the point that she wanted to jump and hug him, and she started talking fast just to go with that fact.

"...I knew it!" she grinned and waved her hands, "I knew this place couldn't not have anybody in it! It's too big 'n stuff to not have anybody in i--!"

She stopped and blinked, realizing that she was talking pretty loud and now her little shy streak was kicking in. She gulped, her face soon turning quite red along with it, and she hid her arms behind her back, kicking the ground lightly with her shoe. Her deep blue orbs glanced down at the ground.

"H-Hi..."

------------------

Footsteps.

As if he were a wolf or a cat with keen ears, he stood up straight and tall and stared around the alleyway. Footsteps...

Aoi gave a growl and suddenly went running down the alleyway. He swerved through alley after alley, all while reaching his hand into his pocket. A metal sphere was in his grasp and it shifted into...

He pulled to a stop and sniffed the air. He heard the clicking of footsteps on the wet concrete. However, there was another... Neither, as far as he could tell, belonged to the boots part of the XIIIth Embodiment's wardrobe. The male went back into a run again, until he came across something...

The object in his grasp begun to jump up and down as he stood before the figure, a wicked grin formed on his pale face. A knife twirled into the air and then landed back in his gloved grasp. A cycle of tossing the object ensued and he simply stood there, looking quite malicious.

Yet, the tossing came to a halt. His arm fell to his side. And he licked his lips.

"Well..." he grinned, folding his arms, "What do we have here?"

A girl stood before the dirty blonde Nobody, one who didn't really look like they knew where they were. Whom it was didn't matter to him. What they were carrying, however, was an entirely different story.

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
Xack was hiding behind a house near the two people he was observing earlier on. At first the girl was talking really loud but then she started talking sort of quiet. "Shes just like me." He heard them stop talking for a second and thought that they have noticed him. As they were talking Xack was contiplating if he should talk to them or not. When Xack realized what could happen if he talked to them he got exited.

" Alright. This could be a chance to make some new freinds. Kay how am i goin to greet them".

As Xack was thinking of ways to greet them, some more nobodies came from behind them."Crap I forgot to call off the nobodies". Since Xack was in an emotional state he couldnt control the nobodies for the time being. Xack was paniking, he didnt kno what to do. He was nervous about meeting them but if she is the special keyblade weilder then the embodiment would get their goal. As much as he wanted to be whole he didnt want to do it at the expence of another life. In a last minute effort he summond his giant sword and killed all the nobodies in one swing. He noticed that they were staring at him so he thought of something quick.

" Umm... hi my name is Xack. Nice to meet you"

Last edited:

Aphex

.Inspire.
Derrick couldn't help but chuckle when seeing the girl speaking out of relief, soon cutting herself off and now becoming rather shy. Sure, the boy had to admit, it was cute of her now that her face began to have a slight tint of red to its complexion.

"Thinking aloud I see." the goggle-head said with another small chuckle, his lips curling into a grin when approaching the girl. "Anyway, the name's Derrick. You're right about this place being big 'n all but aside from that, I've been living here for my entire life." Placing his hand underneath his chin after introducing himself, the boy took a closer look at the girl's face and appearance to see if there was any possibilities that he knew her.

Nope. Nothing. Derrick didn't even recognize the girl at all.

"But," Derrick began while scratching his temple with his index finger, an unsure expression now etched on his face. "I don't recall ever seeing you around here in Traverse Town. What is your name and are you. . . new here by any chance?" he happened to ask, practically forgetting about whatever was attempting to barge in from the other side of the gate considering his attention had been taken by another unfamiliar voice.

Taking a quick glance over his shoulder, Derrick saw a boy this time who appeared to be a year younger than him.

"Xack, eh? I've never seen you around here either but - I'm Derrick. Are you new here too?" Even before he could even get a response out of Xack, these strange white creatures spawned behind both he and the girl. Having no time to protect himself and the girl, the boy thought that they were done for until Xack summoned a large sword and thus, defeated the batch with ease.

"Whoa! What the heck were those things?!"

Last edited:

Archetype00x

Website
www.facebook.com
The halls of Hollow Bastion were quiet, and a series of shadows moved silently through them, traversing the grand maze in quick, snake-like movements.

The town of Radiant Garden sat, innocent and still partially in shambles, beneath the shadow of the great castle. The residents of the town slept peacefully, unaware of the storm that grew in the distance.

A single form sat in a large, ornate chair, in the library of the monolith which he had found conveniently vacant only a few days before. Other than the occasional Heartless - nothing. The people of the town knew what had happened here, feared it, and dared not even approach, for the sake of their own lives.

The form sat casually, relaxed, with his cheek resting lazily against an open palm. The other hand held the small figurine of a knight in a suit of armor. It felt cool and metallic in his grip, and was comfortably familiar. His mind began to drift elsewhere, away from his plan, the precise details, but he righted that quickly, focusing on the locations of his troops and the locations of his pawns (of course, in reality, they weren't really any different.)

Aoi stalked the streets of the World That Never Was. As resentful as the boy was, Xjen recognized his powers and his capabilities. Xack, the hopeful that he was, prepared for an attempt to make friends; Xjen pitied him, but not really. He'd yet to realize the full reality of being a Nobody.

And there was the matter of the Keybladers; a young one, a girl, with goodness in his heart, oblivious to her position as the people of Radiant Garden were. And then the other girl - the one who stood on the edge, in the middle; she was at the mercy of his pawns only moments ago, but someone was intervening. No matter. His plan was flexible enough so that he didn't need her to die. Not yet, at least.

But who was it that was aiding her? Xjen found only a human - no one of particular power. Xjen hadn't anticipated this, but after a few minutes of calculation, the leader of the XIII Embodiment found a place for the young warrior.

The Nobodies, at last, slipped, squirming in fish-like moments, through the open door to the library. Xjen didn't so much as take his attention from the great window in front of him, even as the three Dusks came to a stop in front of him. The zipper on the leader of three slid open, and in a burst of garbled noise, Xjen heard the news he'd been waiting for.

"So," the boy said, grinning slightly. "It's time then." Xjen's grip on the figurine in his hand tightened, and the light in the room seemed to gradually fade.

And then, the halls of Hollow Bastion were truly empty once more.

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
----------------------------------------------

Staring through the ever present darkness, two red eyes watched as a small group of beings were coming quite close to each other, here on the world known as Traverse Town. There were of course humans, along with what appeared to be two Nobodies, though only one had made their presence known to the other two, the second was watching from afar. It was easy for the figure to tell which one was which, seeing as only two out of the four, had hearts which could be sensed.

The figures red eyes suddenly widened in surprise and intrigue, as a small group of lower nobodies appeared, before they were instantly taken care by the girl, holding something which hadn't been seen for some time. "Well, this is interesting!" the figure thought to itself, noticing the now ever increasingly number of yellow eyes around it. "I know my children, I know! Go with your instincts!" said the figure, grinning quite eerie and evilly as the eyes around it slowly disappeared.

The moment the yellow eyes disappeared from the figure, the same eyes suddenly started to appear from many shadows, around the area the group were currently in. From all of these, the basic of all heartless, Shadows, began forming into existence, twitching their heads as they moved towards the girl with the Keyblade.

Artemis

Fay froze, her heart skipping a beat. She had heard a voice, and not a very kind one at that. She probably gasped in shock, but she couldnt seem to hear anything anymore. Were theses the footsteps she had heard? The voice wasnt friendly, and seemed to betray the sound of the footsteps. She grasped her key tighter, and turned around.

A boy stood a ways in front of her, his body concealed by a long black cloak. His hair was a dirty blonde, and he held a knife at his side. He seemed to have a smirk on his face...his overall presence seemed to be intimidating. He was staring at her key, and she shifted it to the side of her body.

"I'm lost in this place." She said to him, voice wavering. She wasnt normally scared around strangers, but given the present circumstances, she was very scared. She looked him over once more before taking a small step towards him. He hadnt done anything harmful or rude, and he was the first person she had seen for days, so she thought talking to him wouldnt be so bad.

Athel

Machinist
Areho walked through the huge plaza of Market Street scribbling on a clipboard. He stared off to his right as the tram slowly passed on by.

"Train in the middle of the street" he muttered to himself. "Same crazy architect who built my town." Areho's pencil slowly ran down the list of worlds he had been to in the past week. "Twilight Town; still no sign of them."

Areho sighed as he reached his right hand out to his Otherspace zipper, an invisible tag to open his personal hole in space. He shoved his clipboard in there amongst all his other junk. He really needed to clean it out.

"Alright" Areho said as he stuck his hands into his pockets. "Might as well sees if there's anything of value here." Areho turned and walked up to one of the shops, this one looked like armor and clothes.

"Hey, man" the shopkeeper said to Areho as he walked up. "Haven't seen you around here before. Visiting?"

"Just passing through" Areho said truthfully. "You know of any weird and-or mysterious places 'round here?"

"Uh...well there is this one weird mansion through the woods over there" the shopkeeper answered pointing to his right. "Um...why do you ask?"

"No reason" Areho lied as he walked off.

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
Xack put away his sword. He thought if Derrick knew that he sent the nobodies then he might not want to become freinds. " Those things are called nobodies. I dont feel like explaining all right now so lets change the subject." He looked at Rena. Usually he is able to tell peoples emotions by their face. But she was difficult to read. He suspected that she was feeling a mix of emotions but he wasnt completly sure. The silence getting akward, Xack tried to make small talk by asking questions he alread knew the answers to.

"so have you two known each other long."

As they were answering he sensed the presence of a heartless nearby. He looked around and barely saw a human heartless. He knew that the heartless were after rena.

"hey guys i dont think its safe here. lets go to another place,"xack was edging rena and derrick to go," hey rena its sort of cold here. You can wear my jacket its okay."

Xacks plan was to have rena wear his XIIIth jacket so the scent of the heart would be muffled a little bit and would confuse the heartless for a little bit. Without his jacket he wore normal clothes. White and black shorts and a black shirt. as he started to leave with rena and derrick he looked back and glared at the heartless leader who was watching the fight between the heartless and the nobodies.

Last edited:

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
"Umm..." Rena's deep blue orbs glanced up at Derrick, though the look on her face was screaming that she didn't want to look somebody in the eye, "Yeah... I think I'm new here... 'less this place has anything to do with Cucio Bay...'

She scratched the side of her head and glanced to the side, a small frown forming her face.

"...And my name's Rena."

She heard somebody behind them and turned her gaze around, finding a boy wearing a black cloak; oddly, the fact that he was wearing that cloak made her wearily all of a sudden. She took a step back, turning completely around, as her eyes studied the boy's appearance. She barely noticed that those weird creatures showed up again and he slashed through them with ease. Derrick asking what they were snapped her back into reality and Rena stood up on her toes, pointing to where they were.

"...Um... They're stalker fishies!" she exclaimed; she shrugged a moment later, "'least that's what I've been calling them..."

A moment after the Nobodies were destroyed and Xack had exclaimed what they were called, some strange little black creatures came crawling closer. They were heading towards her, the reason why was what she didn't get, and Rena blinked as she watched them. Suddenly, the tomboy dropped the key-shaped weapon in her grasp on the ground and walked over to one of the little black creatures. Instantly, she picked it up and held it over the air. The creature stared at her with those big yellow eyes and looked like it didn't really know what to do; it didn't wiggle or anything, at least not yet...

Hey guys, I don't think it's safe here. Let's go to another place.

Rena raised a brow when she heard Xack saying something about 'it wasn't safe there'. She grumbled and held up the Heartless, "I don't think these little guys are dangerous! They look harmless to me!"

The shadow begun to wiggle, trying to get away from the strange girl, and dropped out of Rena's grasp, who didn't really seem to notice. She was too worried about the cloak that Xack was trying to give her. She frowned and recoiled, trying hard not to look freaked out. She wasn't going to wear that thing... She had a perfectly good reason for it, too! She didn't want to say no specifically, though.

"No... I think I'm okay..." She held up her arms, showing the fact that her gloves and sleeves covered most of her arms, while nervously grinning. It also wasn't really cold there; at least as far as she could tell.

Xack was trying to get Derrick and Rena out of there, just because he claimed that 'it wasn't safe'. However, Rena didn't really get that and she wasn't following somebody with that damn cloak. She walked over to that key on the ground and picked it back up, putting it between her belt and her back. She then folded her arms and kept her ground, while glaring at Xack.

-----------------

That key... Was it the right one? The answer crept into his mind, but he couldn't help but check and make sure; if everything was going right...

He stared at it with his emerald eyes, his orbs lighting up as he narrowed his eyes. The girl moved the weapon to the side, but he followed it anyways. Still starting; still studying it.

"...Damn," Aoi cursed, giving a grumble. Not the right one. That seemed like both a bad thing and a good thing...

I'm lost in this place.

Aoi raised a brow, the girl's voice snapping him back into reality. Lost, huh? Maybe he wouldn't have to walk off. Maybe just play with the kid's mind a little bit... maybe even scare the wits out of her!

The male put his hand in his pocket while his right hand begun tossing the knife again. He stared at the girl, looking at her right in the eye; he didn't dare move his gaze.

"Lost?" he gave a chuckle and took a step forwards, "Aw man, this is the worse place ya can get lost in... You wanna know what we do to intruders? You wanna know what I do to intruders?" he licked his lip, "Everybody else is probably less... sadistic than I am, but if you've been wandering why it rains so much here, wonder no more.

"The rain washes away the gigantic puddles of blood we like to stir up when intruders get here. And I'm the worst. It takes forever to get rid of all of the blood... Licking it off of Knife-kun here speeds things up a bit, though."

He caught his knife and waved it in front of him as he held it between his index finger and his thumb, his gaze set on her looking quite malicious now. However, his arm went back to his side along with the knife.

"I'll play a game with you. You run and, if I don't catch you, then there won't be any gore. But, you seriously don't wanna know what happens when I do catch you..."

He licked his lip again, "Wanna play?"

Chimubar

Imma touch the sky
"Ummm rena i think we should get out of here now," Xack exclaimed. He didnt dare to look if that human heartless was still there. He didnt feel the presence but some heartless can hide their presnence. The only thing he knew for sure was that their was an army of heartless coming and they're going to be in that area soon.

"Ok Rena. if you dont want to go then you dont have to go with me. I see theres no way of me making you. But you deserve to know what those are. They're called Heartless. They are parallel to nobodies. Actually heartless and nobodies are sort of like siblings. When people good or bad succomb to the darkness in their hearts a heartless is made. Heartless are made from the darkness in peoples hearts. Once a heartless is born the mind and body are left behind. The body becomes a nobody. As I said heartless are like brother and sister. Heartless act on instinct since they dont have a mind. Nobodies are smart. They can think and plan. They observe the opponents moves and they can figure out how to beat them. Sure heartless may look cute now but they're other kinds of heartless. Some look more monsterous than any other nobody. Theres a army of heartless on their way right now and they wont stop until were dead".

"If you're prepared to fight them then you can stay. If you dont want to fight then lets go!'

Last edited:

Artemis

Fay felt like an invisible current of cold wind had wrapped its way around her body. She had goosebumps, and a shiver was sent up her spine, just from the voice of the stranger. Inside her brain, all she could think was damn it, damn it, damn it. She had made the wrong decision to talk to him. Her eyes were surely filled with fear, and she moved her blade even farther behind her.

What was she going to do? If she ran, he was going to hunt her down like a wild animal, and gut her like one too. Her body quivered at the thought, and she slowly started to back up. Almost as if on cue, rain began to trickle down from the darkened sky. She eyed the knife in his hands, fear starting to twist her normally calm features. His words rang in her mind, The rain washes away the gigantic puddles of blood we like to stir up when intruders get here. And I'm the worst. It takes forever to get rid of all of the blood... Licking it off of Knife-kun here speeds things up a bit, though...I'll play a game with you. You run and, if I don't catch you, then there won't be any gore. But, you seriously don't wanna know what happens when I do catch you...

She was ready to scream in fright, but it lumped inside her throat. What was her choice? To run and die, or to stay here and die? She decided to at least go out fighting.

"You're sickening..." She whispered. Maybe he would hear her, maybe he wouldnt, but she wasnt going to wait and find out. She spun around instantly and took off running as fast as she could. She had so many disadvantages, he was probably faster, he knew his way around the city, he was stronger, that there was almost no point in running.

She turned and ran into the closest alley, hoping the cover of darkness would aid her. The alley was long and winding, but she never stopped running until the alley emptied out into a small clearing. A large tower rose into the cloudy sky, and she sprinted, breathing heavily, towards its base.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Derrick raised an eyebrow. Stalker fishies? What the hell kind of name was that for a creature? It was cleared up for him when finding out that the girl---who introduced herself as Rena---pointed out that it was just a name she called them for now. When they had been easily taken care of by Xack, the goggle head began to have a very uneasy feeling. Just the vibe he got coming from this boy backed up that feeling, unsure if they should even trust Xack in the first place.

Before saying even another word, a batch of Heartless suddenly spawned within the Third District and were now heading towards Rena's direction.

"Hey guys, I don't think it's safe here. Let's go to another place." Xack suggested while trying to convince the two to follow him and leave the area. But the boy decided to stay behind instead of following. He dealt with these beings before with no problem at all so there was no way he was going to be a coward and run off.

"Tch." he scoffed, extending his right to his side. "These guys are too easy." Derrick said as his weapon, Cypher, had been summoned within the palm of his hand. He brought it out and held it in front of him, now in a defensive stance. "You two can run but don't expect me to follow. I choose to stand my ground rather than be a coward." he added, the last statement obviously referring to Xack's idea of running away.

A smirk now on his face, Derrick dashed towards the oncoming Heartless that threatened their lives and performed a strafe of various horizontal and vertical slashes. The Shadows leaped towards the boy as their way of an counterattack, only to be cut down by the plasma generating broadsword; bursting into a mist of black smoke.

"Still thinking of running now?" Derrick blurted out while he continued to cut down whatever Heartless that stood in his way.

Akans

「moriya」
Ei had wandered through most of the city without seeing anything. But there was a big castle-looking thing in the distance. That looked pretty fun if he could get inside. He was heading towards it when he saw two people, a guy and a girl. Finally, some people!

He walked closer, until he could hear glimpses of their conversation. But not much. Only when he got really close did he hear,
"Wanna play?"

Grinning happily, he ran up just as the girl ran away. "Hey! I wanna play! Don't leave me out!"
He turned towards the guy. He was holding a knife. He always thought knives were funny. How were you supposed to hurt someone with something smaller than your hand?
"So what are we playing? Chase the girl? Can I join? Please please please?"

sephiroth2

Esurio Tenebris
Awards
-----------------------------------------

The figure laughed a little on the inside, as he watched the girl pick up one of the small Shadow heartless. "She seems to like them. I wonder what she'll think about these ones!" the figure said to itself, raising it's hand lightly in front of it, but suddenly tightening its grip, as it watched the boy slashing at his children with his weapon. "Tch. These guys are too easy. Still thinking of running now?" the boy said to the other two, as he continued to attack the Shadows.

"How dare he hurt my children!" the figure said, obviously angry at what was happening in front of him. Swiftly sweeping his hand in front of him, the figure caused a couple of portals to appear around the group, some small, a few big. As the small Shadow landed on the ground, it along with some of its other kind, sunk into the ground, before moving back, and giving the area some needed space.

A moment after this, a couple of small portals briefly appeared in the air around the three. From them, a batch of different looking heartless, came into existence. These ones were covered in a blue suit, while wearing a small metal helmet. The most important difference between these and the Shadows, was the heart shaped symbol on these new one.

After these new heartless appeared, a few larger portals appeared, and from them, something much large then the Shadow and what are known as Soldier Heartless. These huge creatures, were what could only be described as bulky. Their large round bodies made them appear almost impervious to any attacks that would befall them, and like the Soldier Heartless, they too had the strange heart shape symbol on them.

Landing from only a foot off the ground, the Large Bodies as they were known, sent tremendous shockwaves the moment they collided with the concrete, before advancing along with the Soldiers, towards the three.

Aphex

.Inspire.
Derrick believed that this battle with the Heartless was going to end very soon but that was until the Shadows he attacked sunk back into the ground, slithering away a few feet as if they were giving space to something much bigger. But his expectations haven't been met when several portals formed around the group, a batch of Heartless Soldiers leaping out and landing in front of them while the Shadows hid behind them. The boy wasn't too surprised, he had dealt with these kind of Heartless before which was the reason he charged in for an attack.

Then, while going in for his attack, a much larger Heartless entered the fray; Heartless that goggle head has ever seen. Appearing behind the Solders, they jumped and landed with such force that it caused the ground around them to shake with such fury. Unfortunately enough, Derrick happened to be near them; losing his balance which left himself wide open. One of the Large Bodies rushed towards the boy, ramming its belly right into his body.

Being knocked back, Derrick landed hard on his back and rolled a few times before coming to a stop. Standing up, his shook his head after taking such a blow.

"Uhm. . . I didn't expect that to happen. . ." he grumbled to himself, almost feeling a little embarrassed when glancing over Rena and Xack. He shifted his attention back over the increasing number of Heartless, still choosing to stay and fight when seeing them begin to approach the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back