• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Toy Story 4 (2017) - Not a continuation of TS3, standalone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shogo-Kun

Awards
Re: Toy Story 4(2017)

pleaselethisbeajokepleaselethisbeajokepleaselethisbeajokepleaselethisbeajoke....

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards

But it ended on such a poignant note for both the toys and the audience.

Why can't they just keep going with the shorts?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

272.gif

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards

God dammit. The ending to Toy Story 3 was perfect, why the fuck are they blowing this?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Toy Story 3 ended perfectly. I was happy with shorts. There was zero need to continue things.

A "love story". Woody better not be finding love.

Sdog

Awards

God dammit. The ending to Toy Story 3 was perfect, why the diddly are they blowing this?

Because they love the mon-!... errr *cough* I mean characters, ya the characters...

I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I mean Toy Story was a big part of my child hood, like may of yours, and 3 was just a perfect ending.

Master Spockanort said:
A "love story". Woody better not be finding love.

Might be, seeing Buzz got Jesse. Or maybe it could be a flash forward with Bonnie being older?

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Re: Toy Story 4 (2017)

*cringe* whyyyyyyyy

But if Lasseter says it's not a cash grab and it has a good or better story than Toy Story 3, then... I guess I'm interested to see what happens lulz. I hope he's right ;0;

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I certainly won't deny being interested but nooo. TS3 was the perfect send-off! I would have loved if they did shorts for the rest of forever or a TV mini-series or something not a film.

(Off topic but Disney-Pixar better have approved a Toy Story world in KH3 because if this is happening, a world should be way within the realm of reason.)

HAHA that means Tom Hanks hadn't been lying way back in 2011

Might be, seeing Buzz got Jesse. Or maybe it could be a flash forward with Bonnie being older?

Please be Bonnie. I think it'd be ridiculously cute to see the toys get pulled into a romantic comedy scenario

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Yeah this is total bullshit :(

I guess it was stupid to think that Pixar had enough respect for the trilogy to leave it untouched. Why couldn't they understand why a third sequel is so wrong?

Sdog

Awards

Please be Bonnie. I think it'd be ridiculously cute to see the toys get pulled into a romantic comedy scenario

Imagine the toys performing a black ops mission to ensure Bonnie has the perfect first date. All of them overrunning a restaurant behind the scenes.

Swoosh said:
I guess it was stupid to think that Pixar had enough respect for the trilogy to leave it untouched. Why couldn't they understand why a third sequel is so wrong?

Because third sequels always revitalize a franchise for the best!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards

"Oh we know it's not right
We know it's not funny
But we'll stop beating this dead horse when it
STOPS SPITTIN' OUT MONEY"

-Bo Burnham

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I'm fine with this. If they say it has a story worth doing, then I trust them. They're going to make it no matter what I think.

Besides, it'll have been 7 years since Toy Story 3. Bonnie will be older and if the love story is for Bonnie, I think it might be cute to see Bonnie get her first crush on someone at school and for the toys to try and help.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards

honestly i don't see why this is getting a lot of hate. yes, toy story 3 ended perfectly, and yes, continuing the series in shorts would have probably been a good idea. but i think it's actually a good idea. we grew up with andy, and i guess this generation will grow up with bonnie.

and guys. the CO FOUNDER of pixar is going to be working on this. this movie will be good.

also i just want to add that the third movie basically set this up by having andy giving away his toys to bonnie. i guess this is a plan that finally came to fruition.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Today, this was the most UNEXPECTED news of the entire day. I'm actually interested. A lot of people are actually missing the point here. Even though Toy Story 3 ended in a sad but morality way. Doesn't mean it could stop there. The Toy Story 3 story was more a life lesson of life which really got our attention but don't forget there's definitely more to be discovered as long as it didn't turn out to be how Toy Story 3 was presented. I hope the story is good but doesn't have to be touching.

Sdog

Awards

While ya don't have to watch the whole thing, some good points are to be made here, mostly the beginning.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

I'll see it and probably adore it but THEY HAD THE PERFECT FINALE. :x Ugh.

Back