• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Toy Story 4 (2017) - Not a continuation of TS3, standalone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Officially titled "Toy Story 4"; Josh Cooley (Up, Inside Out) replaces John Lasseter as director. Summer 2019.

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Sorry. It's just Toy Story 4 is met with a lot of undue negativity. I do get that it might be a little confusing, calling it "4" since it's suppose to be a stand-alone film, but I like the simplicity of it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Sorry. It's just Toy Story 4 is met with a lot of undue negativity. I do get that it might be a little confusing, calling it "4" since it's suppose to be a stand-alone film, but I like the simplicity of it.
It's okay, things happen. I haven't heard anyone complain about Toy Story 4 before so I'm surprised to hear this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's okay, things happen. I haven't heard anyone complain about Toy Story 4 before so I'm surprised to hear this.
It's just the usual "it's unnecessary, 3 closed the book for good (despite two television specials continuing the franchise)". I feel that we might not be the intended audience for the film, they might be trying to capture a younger audience with this but we don't really have much information on the story to confirm anything.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Josh Cooley was the screenwriter for Inside Out, so if anything, I'm even more interested by this movie.

ImVentus

Awards
Welp! it appears the film is getting closer. https://twitter.com/CooleyUrFaceOff/status/983130261847027712/photo/1

While people can love it or hate it, I still think we can all agree that this is a very safe project they're making.
Also 2017 was a very interesting year in the animation industry (not the films, but the people who run their studios)
More insight was given on how toxic some of those perfect companies really are. And finally realization came, that Pixar aren't the best in the industry.
I won't deny that I like a lot of their films, but the way that they have been seen as (A must) role models for all animation companies
has been very jarring and biased. I like seeing WB animation following their roots with their slapstick, energetic animation. Dreamworks is once again back experimenting (hope they find their spark soon), Blue Sky is slowly heading towards a better path, Laika still works insanely hard on their stop motion, the list goes on. It's nice to see more Indie projects as well.

After this, please don't make more sequels Pixar and make Newt happen already.

Last edited:

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P9-jf9-c9JM[/video]

Teaser is out.

Couldn't have asked for a better teaser, shame they're getting rid of the Romantic Comedy element of the movie (though now that I come to think about it, that genre would be more fitting for an Up prequel focusing on Carl and Ellie).

Wonder if this movie is going to deal with the concept of Imposter Syndrome, the Spork character seems to fit that bill.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
What if he was just genuinely content with being animated flatware? Let him return to the land of disposable cutlery in peace.

Cute teaser is cute.

ImVentus

Awards
Yeah sure it's cute, but I can't find myself wanting to watch a standalone film. Since the third one came to a solid close.
Sometimes stories need to come to an end.

After I saw that first poster, I knew for sure that this one will go down the Cars 3 route with it's marketing. Making it look a lot more serious than it probably is. But At least this one might actually give Buzz a character arc and more screen-time.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
[video]https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DwmiIUN-7qhE&ved=0ahUKEwi9k7u2qI7hAhUMh-AKHaYdCw4Q_-MBCIUCMB0&usg=AOvVaw1wBQxwnumlzzZ3TF5kJlWs[/video]

New trailer. Admittedly this one was pretty heartwarming.

SerDuncan

This trailer looks... really old and tired. I'm all for a soft reboot, what with the new setting and all, but seriously? It really seems like we're getting a rehash of Toy Story 2, down to the letter. Woody gets lost, Buzz and the Toys go to save him. Woody has existential crisis about being a toy, convinced along by a friendly female toy who tempts him with a better life. Chaos ensues, yada yada yada. Maybe I'm just jaded, but this Toy Story went from "Really? why are they making another one?" to "Oh great, another practically worthless Pixar sequel". It just has Monsters University or FInding Dory written all over it. Movies that are fun to watch at times, but carry very little of that classic Pixar charm, and simply retread the same plot beats as the previous movies.

And calling it now, even though it seems obvious, Bo Peep is the villain of the film. I dunno if it's because she's jaded, or because it's not the same Bo from Toy Story 1, but I guarantee she's the bad guy. We can even hear someone (supiciously Bo Peep sounding) say "Don't let Woody escape!" Yet another twist villain that doesn't need to be here.

Sigh.

Back