• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tournament! (Applications)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

nadryx320

I am hosting a Tournament and taking applications to join now! Fill out a small info sheet and see if your approved.

NAME:
APPEARANCE:
WEAPON:
ABILITIES/POWERS:

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I'm all for a tournament. If you run it by Orion, you might even get the Order Ranks back. But might I suggest a few things?

1)Add in a way for people to be judges. Sometimes things can be a little heated and people could get into arguments.
2)Set time limits for the battles. This helps to keep people active and everything.
3)Have it set up that each bout is in a predetermined location. People would be worried too much about winning to pick a good fighting spot. Plus, it helps to negate someone trying to set the field to his/her advantage.
4)Fun little thing that was done before is to have various conditions for each round. I remember fighting this one battle where the condition was to fight over a sword that if held for three full posts would suck out your soul and made it to where the only way you could attack is through the sword itself. Just some things that keep people on their toes and thinking outside of the norm.

nadryx320

the first one I think i might do; its logical.

the second.... how would that work? like you have to finish in so many posts or do you mean an actual time limit? because people do have very slow internet (like me) and time could be an issue.

the third i may consider but i was just thinking of a typical tournament arena but the change of scenery could make it quite tasteful

the forth- no!
sorry but its just a tournament and they're battling for the championship. If people need to have a reason to fight i could just simply add that the champion gets some god like power or something.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
If you run it by Orion, you might even get the Order Ranks back.
Pft, no. I've been part of the organisation twice now for that shit, and it never continues actively beyond the tournament itself. I think I still need to ask an admin to remove the 'Ranks' prefix from this sub-section.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
the second.... how would that work? like you have to finish in so many posts or do you mean an actual time limit? because people do have very slow internet (like me) and time could be an issue.

An actual time limit. If I remember correctly about the last tournament I was in, the time limit for completing the templates was one week and the battle itself was two weeks.

the forth- no!
sorry but its just a tournament and they're battling for the championship. If people need to have a reason to fight i could just simply add that the champion gets some god like power or something.

If the end result is something that effects the character itself, you might want to think of making this into a Dissidia RP. This section is where people put not only characters that they've made up on the spot against others, but also the place where they use characters that they've spent sometimes years tweaking. Like one of my favorite characters, Garfield. I made him a couple years ago and still use him to this day trying to make him stronger and more realistic.

Orion said:
Pft, no. I've been part of the organisation twice now for that shit, and it never continues actively beyond the tournament itself. I think I still need to ask an admin to remove the 'Ranks' prefix from this sub-section.

That's kinda sad to hear. I've always been forced to drop out because of various things in my life happening. As for the prefix part, can't help ya there. I don't even know WHO the admins are.

nadryx320

i never said they need to make a new character on the spot but i should have explained this also. People can make a new one, use an old or even others from diferents games, t.v. shows, movies, manga etc. (I may take out the 'others' part) but yeah.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
The last post in this thread was ten months ago. Nadryx hasn't been on the forum since March. I'm sorry, but it's safe to say this hasn't gone ahead. If you want, you can always just post an open battle challenge or invitation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back