• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Total Eclipse over US today.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Hey! Did anyone realize we're having a solar eclipse today at noon, EST if you're in the US?

If you're in America, I hope you have your glasses. (i don't) If you don't have your eclipse glasses or don't live in the us, Ya can still watch it live via streaming; I plan on doing that.

So! Anyone else going to be eclipse watching today?

Soldier

Awards
I'll try to see it online as well, seeing as those special glasses aren't sold within my area of the east coast for at least 4 miles. Besides, the eclipse will happen over central North America, and I wont be able to see much of it anyways.

Rael_Oblivion

I'm in the path of totality, so I'll be watching it!! So excited that for once I get to be at something so cool!!! Totality is an hour from now for me.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh boy, this is gonna be Awe.....

uhvDuaD.jpg

...oh.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
yeah. Cloudy weather really sucks with this. Since I live in GA, I wouldn't see totality anyway; but I did get to see it on streaming. Awesome...

Yeah I could of made a pinhole box, but we're fresh out of boxes, sadly. Rael; I hope you're using eclipse glasses or a pinhole box; it is not safe to look directly at the sun for more than a moment without eclipse glasses.

Soldier

Awards
yeah. Cloudy weather really sucks with this. Since I live in GA, I wouldn't see totality anyway; but I did get to see it on streaming. Awesome...

Yeah I could of made a pinhole box, but we're fresh out of boxes, sadly. Rael; I hope you're using eclipse glasses or a pinhole box; it is not safe to look directly at the sun for more than a moment without eclipse glasses.
Surprisingly, the weather is cloudy on my end of the continent as well, meaning I wouldn't have been able to see it either way. Still, I saw a livestream of it, so that still counts.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I saw it. It was awesome, but my eyes hurt lol.

Rael_Oblivion

Yes, I had eclipse glasses. It was awesome, and for me probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. At the beginning of the partial it was cloudy and I was afraid we wouldn't get to see it, but it cleared up in time.

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
I got a good view but needed glasses because I was about to be blind.
Everyone in the neighborhood was outside, while I was inside watching it on TV. -_-

Sally-boiii

Awards
It was so cool! I viewed it while I was on my school's campus today. I swear to you guys when it was happening, I felt like my brain was playing tricks on me. XD

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
eclipse was overrated. i looked into that shit for 5 minutes straight and i didnt see a thing. in fact i still cant

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
If anyone stared at the eclipse, please go get your eyes checked. XD

I think I was about 40-50 miles away from the totality, but it did get pretty dim where I lived. It looked like the sun had set, yet there were still harsh shadows. I got a few pictures. Not of the actual eclipse since I didn't have the glasses or a proper camera, but I captured the reflection of the eclipse. It got pretty close to totality

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
We didn't get a total eclipse where I am. It got about as dark as a cloudy day.

Harmonie

Crazy Woodwind Lady
Awards
It was sunny where I live, but it was very underwhelming. Where I live it was supposed to be about 90%. Yet at the peak of the eclipse, the sky was only slightly tinted, like maybe a cirrus (those really high clouds) cloud had gone over the sun.

Hakan Xatos

Awards
I know I'm a few days late, but I was able to see it during totality. For about two minutes I could take my glasses off, see a couple stars and see the sun as a white ring. It was really nice, but I was upset I couldn't capture the same thing I could see with my eyes on film :/. Still I can't believe people visited my neck of the woods for $800 a night just to see that.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I wish I had known that the glasses were free to see the eclipse. I wish my cell phone camera was at the same level of photographing or filming rare events like the eclipse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back