• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Torment, Emotions, and Ansem's Findings

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
This isn't so much a theory, more like seeking to understand something. I've been wondering lately what could be the torment that Roxas and Xion could be going through as well as Axel, seeing how Roxas looked content in the end of KHII and somewhat in Coded. These thoughts sprouced up from topics started by Grass and Horizon's Knight. just wanted to give them some form of credit

In Coded it is implied that being tormented doesn't only have to mean the conditions that Aqua, Ven, and Terra are going through. In the last chapter Data Sora forgot everything. Everything he cared about but felt an empty sadness, not sadness for what he had forgotten but sadness that he had forgotten it in the first place, in the game the hooded figure(Data? Roxas) tells him this is a form of torment. Axel and Roxas don't remember who? Xion. Could these guys be tormented because of this feeling of loss? Maybe. They are being tormented but a different kind of torment. There is the physical plane, the mental plane, and the emotional plane. I guess you could count RAX as emotional. Emotions. They play a large role, but have been touched upon very lightly. RAX could be feeling a great amount of emotions. Xion could be feeling sadness of losing her friends or her friends not remembering her or something of the "feel" nature. that was the point of torment that i was seeing in Coded.

Data Riku expressed that
Torment.
Losing our hearts, not being ourselves.
The pain of losing ourselves.

I do not believe that Xion is entirely herself now is she? Not saying that this is fact or anything...just gives you something to think about? What is Xion's torment? And there's Roxas, in Coded, even if it was a Data version, he seemed to be pretty upset about not being himself with him wanting to return to his own summer vacation. Probably just showing that maybe Roxas is not content with the way things are. Axel could be feeling the torment of guilt? Sadness? Roxas could be feeling sadness? Envy? Regret?...

So really in a sense torment could be the negative emotions of the ones who are gone. Those who lost themselves which could be virtually, anybody who became a heartless, TAV, RAX, even the LS...and VS. Maybe this can open a door for Vanitas to return to the series...through the negative emotions of the "Tormented."

Vanitas could still be thriving off of the negative emotions that remained like LS which took the form of his sentiment. Seeing how Vanitas existed because the balance of Light and Darkness was tipped Xehanort's experiments and to a further degree Ansem's experiments could have also tilted this scale by filling the RoL with the heartless thus reawakening some key aspect of Vanitas. What if this is the data that Ansem discovered?

I'm asking more questions then I'm answering but I'd like you to discuss so please discuss

Noctis2.0

Roxas wanted to know who he was and at the end he accepted the fact that he was a nobody. At the end of days Xion accepted that she was a clone and was destined to become apart of Roxas and by extension Sora.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
Roxas wanted to know who he was and at the end he accepted the fact that he was a nobody. At the end of days Xion accepted that she was a clone and was destined to become apart of Roxas and by extension Sora.

This is true but still in Coded it is implied that there is still a sense of torment coming from these two who supposedly accepted their fates. Question is...what is it that they are hurting from?

MarluxiaNo11

Awards
Hurting from each other, in a way each of them have given themselves torment. Roxas forgetting Axel at the start of KH2, Axel going to Castle Oblivion in days and Xion dieing in Days. Perhaps? I don't know. Like you said open discussion.

Noctis2.0

This is true but still in Coded it is implied that there is still a sense of torment coming from these two who supposedly accepted their fates. Question is...what is it that they are hurting from?

Well its possible that line meant that Roxa's heart (Implied to be Ven's by Nomura) wants to return to his body A.K.A. Ven.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Roxas and Axel are in the same position that Data Sora was in. They are sad because they had forgotten something, Xion, but have no idea what is paining them, because they don't know they forgot.
Xion is in torment because she was totally forgotten about. I'm pretty sure she would want to be remembered, even though she accpeted her fate. And her fate wasn't to be forgotten, it was to be merged back with Roxas, then Sora, Her being forgotten was just a unfortunate after effect. She wanted to keep her friends, but knew what she had to do. Being forgotten just adds on to the pain of losing her friends.

And btw, Roxas didn't accept his fate until it had already happened. He was forced to become part of Sora again. He wanted to be his own person, but when he met Sora, after it had already happened, he accepted it. Xion is the only one who accepted what needed to happen, and went through with it even though she didn't want to lose her friends.

mjejr1

But did Roxas REALLY accept his fate or just decide Sora was the right one to finish the job at hand. A.K.A defeat Xemnas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back