• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Top ten Video Game consoles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
Yes another top ten list for you, this time its about the best consoles, and note that this would've been made before things like the PS3 and XBOX 360 were even released so don't ask where the hell they are in this list!!!!!!

10. Sega Dreamcast
9. Atari 2600
8. Gameboy
7. Nintendo 64
6. Sega Genesis
5. Gameboy Advance
4. PS2
3. NES
2. Super Nintendo
1. Sony Playstation

Chat, discuss your views on this

YouTube - Top Ten Consoles

and here's the link

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Firs tthe list is bogus cause you say top ten consules not handhelds. You have two gameboy systems in the list. Gameboy is not a consule and therefor your list fails.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
^no Handheld are not consoles.

Also using Wiki a source is like me using a friend of a friend of a friend told me this game was coming the this system

Also NES and SNES aren't number one? The list is bogus lol

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
First off Blinkboy, you should learn to spell "Console". Secondly, be mad at Gametrailers for the list, not Dragonstar, as Gametrailers.com is the one that made the list

God you guys are such whiney bitches

The definition of a "console" is any unit of a mechanical, electrical, or electronic system controlled by a keyboard, buttons, or keys

Things like the Xbox and PS3 are referred to as "Home console", and thigns like the PSP and Nintendo DS should be referred to as "Portable consoles" or "Handheld consoles", but are instead usually referred to as either "portables" or "handhelds"

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Well Handhelds are not consoles. There systems but it would be like me saying my PC is a console just because its can play games or my cellphone is a game console because it can play games..

I'm not bad at him, I just said using wiki a source would be like me using the friend of a friend line..

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Since i dont feel like going after Muffinman for calling me a whiney bitch even though i never whined. But anyway like Super said if you consider anything that can play games then PCs, Cellphones, or even the little games you get from BurgerKing is a console. Also as a whole people seperate the the console and a handheld. If they didnt then every console wa rwould have contained people arguing how much better gameboy is better then both 360 and PS3.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
^Well some dev agree..

Team Ninja said the reason there making there games for the DS is because its a heldhand and not a console. ;)

Not attacking you, also just because someone says DMC, GTA arent RPGs doesn't mean attack.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Last time I checked the DS doesn't let you download old Nintendo games. So they don't really do the samething..

My friends cellphone can do more then DS and PSP does that make it a game console? My PC can do more then then the PSP, PS3, 360 etc. Does that mean it's a game console?

It's gaming system and okay I will give you a small little console, but it shouldn't be counted as a console like the NES, PS3 etc..

That list is way off, because when I see conole, I think of SNES, 360 etc..

------------

I can make list top handheld and put 360 and PS2 on it ;). Technically because I take them and play them in car and on Airplane. Does that mean it's a handheld just because I take my 360 and PS2 anywhere and play it?

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Who the heck was even attacking you. I just said that handhelds werent a console. You get your panties in a bunch about it and think someone is attacking you.
I agree with Super all the way.

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
Well you heard muffin man, they are classified in different categories, like MuffinMan said

Things like the Xbox and PS3 are referred to as "Home console", and thigns like the PSP and Nintendo DS should be referred to as "Portable consoles" or "Handheld consoles", but are instead usually referred to as either "portables" or "handhelds"

they each have thier own category, it's just that most people these days think that the home consoles are the only consoles and dismissed the fact that handhelds are consoles too.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
No people put the handhelds and consoles into two seperate markets. (Same market in general due to its part of the gaming market.) But you dont see someone saying that "oh i wonder if the console race between the DS and 360 is coming close to an end."

Plus muffinman said
The definition of a "console" is any unit of a mechanical, electrical, or electronic system controlled by a keyboard, buttons, or keys
and then Super said it best
Well Handhelds are not consoles. There systems but it would be like me saying my PC is a console just because its can play games or my cellphone is a game console because it can play games..

D

Dash27

Yes another top ten list for you, this time its about the best consoles, and note that this would've been made before things like the PS3 and XBOX 360 were even released so don't ask where the hell they are in this list!!!!!!

10. Sega Dreamcast
9. Atari 2600
8. Gameboy
7. Nintendo 64
6. Sega Genesis
5. Gameboy Advance
4. PS2
3. NES
2. Super Nintendo
1. Sony Playstation

and here's the link

Where'd you get that from!? I'd say Super Nintendo'd get first, that or the ever growing PS2. Too early to consider next gen. Also, Genisis should be there. oh wait... it is.

D

Dash27

10. Sega Dreamcast
9. Atari 2600
8. Gameboy
7. Nintendo 64
6. Sega Genesis
5. Gameboy Advance
4. PS2
3. NES
2. Super Nintendo
1. Sony Playstation

and here's the link

Where'd you get that from!? I'd say Super Nintendo'd get first, that or the ever growing PS2. Too early to consider next gen. Also, Genisis should be there. oh wait... it is.

chaywa

A Picasso Reality

I'm pretty sure its from a Screw Attack GT thingy

Super Nintendo didn't win mainly because the PS1 was the first console to really bring 3D in the foray in the home console gaming market, which has ultimately influenced everything since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back