• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Top ten Video Game consoles

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joy

Bronze Member
Holy crap. Who the fck cares?

Why do you all have to be such stuck up assholes about wheteher an handheld is a console? Just go with it, it really isn't any difference. The handhelds were still amazing, so just put them in the list. But, since some of you have decided that the word "console" is a little to technical, let me go on to say that this list is "The Top 10 electronic devices that play video games". Happy? now shut the fck up and go be an asshole in some other topic.

For my list, it would go something like this.

10 Xbox
9. Gamecube
8. Nintendo DS
7. PS2
6. N64
5. Ps1
4. Game boy Advance SP
3. Game Boy Color
2. NES
1. Super Nintendo

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
^Your the one whos being an asshole now.

No one was being an asshole at all, All we said was, A handheld really isn't a console. Take a chill pill man.

Q

Banned
^Your the one whos being an asshole now.

No one was being an asshole at all, All we said was, A handheld really isn't a console. Take a chill pill man.

Rite, and the discussion of how the fck a handheld isn't a console that takes up a page isn't being assholish. :/ This is about the Top Ten Video Game Consoles. Take the argument somewhere else.

My list:

10. Game Boy Color
9. Game Boy Advanced SP
8. PS1
7. Nintendo DS
6. Xbox 360
5. PS2
4. N64
3. Gamecube
2. NES
1. Super Nintendo

Gamecube is high on the list merely for Melee, best fighting game out thar in my opinion.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
Rite, and the discussion of how the fck a handheld isn't a console that takes up a page isn't being assholish. :/ This is about the Top Ten Video Game Consoles. Take the argument somewhere else.
No it isn't, me and Blink was trying to make a point, not mine or his fault ppl keep qouting us..

But all right its a video game consoles. Sorry I will give you that. Sorry I didn't think it was big deal. Saying it wasn't one..

Anyway My top handhelds

10.Aladdin((owned it was a little game I had, not many levels to it but fun))
9. Moblie
8. 360
7. PC
6. PS2
5. GameGear
4. DS
3. GBA
2.Gameboy Color
1. GameBoy(started it all

Dragonstar1715

Website
dragonstar1715.deviantart.com
thank you, I just wanted people to comment on it, not point at technicalities of whats a console and whats not (Not saying that I wasn't, I'll admit that). I agrre that the PS One got the no. 1 spot because it was the first to make 3d games (I think) and also introduced famous franchises like Metal Gear Solid and continuing already famous game series like Final Fantasy inlcuding the memorable Final Fantasy 7 even though I never finished it :p

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Here's my list of consoles. Includes handhelds and consoles.

10.NES
9.GBA
8.XBOX
7.Gamecube
6.PS2
5.Nintendo DS Lite
4.PSP Slim
3.XBOX 360
2.Wii
1.PS3

ZELLI

Website
www.gofish.com
1. Sony Playstation
2. PS2
3. XBOX
4. Nintendo 64
5. Sega Genesis
6. Gameboy Advance
7. XBOX 360
8. NES
9. Super Nintendo
10. Sega Dreamcast

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
10. Sega Dreamcast
9. Atari 2600
8. Gameboy
7. Nintendo 64
6. Sega Genesis
5. Gameboy Advance
4. PS2
3. NES
2. Super Nintendo
1. Sony Playstation
The list seems pretty good, but if it was me, I'd swap the Atari 2600 with the Dreamcast.

First off Blinkboy, you should learn to spell "Console". Secondly, be mad at Gametrailers for the list, not Dragonstar, as Gametrailers.com is the one that made the list

God you guys are such whiney bitches

The definition of a "console" is any unit of a mechanical, electrical, or electronic system controlled by a keyboard, buttons, or keys

Things like the Xbox and PS3 are referred to as "Home console", and thigns like the PSP and Nintendo DS should be referred to as "Portable consoles" or "Handheld consoles", but are instead usually referred to as either "portables" or "handhelds"
Not that it makes much difference, but I agree with you. A console is an electronic device that requires input and produces output, and is designed for limited tasks (usually one). A handheld console being compared to a home console is just fine. It's just that people get used to calling it "handheld" for short bringing confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back