• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Top 10 reasons why this game depresses me

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larxene012

Banned
So i have a deep hate for this game. A bigger hate than most people have. Most say i'm irrational. I'm the type of person who will literally burn this game. So 'm just hear to share why i feel the way i feel.

1. Characters such as Marluxia, LARXENE, Zexion, and Lexaeus are even more empty than they ever were. I understand, there was a very short time to see them. But they could've build something more. We could've seen conversations between Marluxia and Larxene while Roxas was around. Or how Zexion and Lexaeus interact. We could have also seen some flashbacks into something relevant about them. i admit i liked Saix a little more, but not enough to say it was amazing.

2. The impression we got from KH2 was drastically different from 358/2 days. Roxas felt a little more serious. He was darker, he had motives already in kh2. A person who wanted to know more about the keyblade, became a zombie like character who just got surprised. Controlling the samurai nobodies was also a let down. but i'll touch on that in a later point. What Roxas was in kh2 and what Roxas was in 358/2 days was completely polar.

3. XION! she is an interesting character at best, but i hold absolutely no love for someone who is just there to recycle plot. i guarantee if there was more voice acting, her character would seem even MORE empty just because we can see her get emotional all day, but not really do something unique that tells us what kind of person she is. She really really bothers me because theres this level of gender-issue when in the end she looks like sora at the end. It just throws me off. She should've just had Sora's voice.

4. feels like fans wrote this story. and not even the loyal ones who know how to write. i see so much potential of answering or further developing the mysteries of the organization by "REMOVING" Xion.

5. Gameplay is incredibly repetitive. constantly replaying missions over and over and over. sure some of them are interesting when you want to gain access to areas you couldn't before. But the fact that you can't traverse wherever you want (at least in the world that never was) makes it frustrating. Enemies are annoying. The characters are terribly unbalanced. Their limit breaks are horrible to control. Even with the final limit, they barely make damage. the one that does best is anyone with a keyblade (excluding mickey mouse). Some of their stats made sense, but were still practically unusable.

6. Most of these points fall in the direction that they chose to make the game for DS rather than ps2 or PSP. Having limitations on the game, and also designing it mostly where we have to read script rather than hearing it. The very few cutscenes we barely understood Xion. Whats worst is that we can't play this game, only "watch" it in the HD ReMIX. i just KNEW this was going to be an issue.

7. Had plenty of room to show off the transition between kh1 and kh2. worlds like Nightmare before christmas and seeing Jack discover christmas town. OR how Hercules and Meg met. Yes, we got to see Beast's castle, but nothing else. would've been nice to see Roxas actually meet Namine before kh2 too since KH2 barely touched on their relationship (but hinted far more).

8. Regardless if this game was relevant or not, could've done far more to hint something. First could've hinted DiZ's research and placing it in Sora. Second, could've hinted Organization's true goal (they sort of did when Saix said that there were only meant to have 13 seats (members)). Really could've build on the relationship with Xemnas and the mysterious armor too. See it speak with it a lot more.

Over all, these are the main reasons why i hate them. they are not in any particular order.

Anagram

Banned
It's like every one of your threads are taken from my brain. Are you my nobody!?
Seriously though I agree with a lot of it. Roxas' character and even Axels took the biggest hits to me. What made Axel entertaining was that not caring triple agent we first met in CoM. Now he's some guy with clinging issues with kids half his age....
Roxas ugh.....

The game was basically Xions game but from Roxas' perspective of the conflict. What makes me saddest though is that the manga IS good. It only shows me this game was wasted potential because a manga with limited chapter count can make each and everyone one of these characters unique and somewhat enjoyable and it frankly did.

When Xion died in the game I was glad because I knew it was about freakin over at long last and after repetitive missions and story. By the end of the manga I actually cared. Thats just one huge contrast ya know?

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
It's like every one of your threads are taken from my brain. Are you my nobody!?
Seriously though I agree with a lot of it. Roxas' character and even Axels took the biggest hits to me. What made Axel entertaining was that not caring triple agent we first met in CoM. Now he's some guy with clinging issues with kids half his age....
Roxas ugh.....

The game was basically Xions game but from Roxas' perspective of the conflict. What makes me saddest though is that the manga IS good. It only shows me this game was wasted potential because a manga with limited chapter count can make each and everyone one of these characters unique and somewhat enjoyable and it frankly did.

When Xion died in the game I was glad because I knew it was about freakin over at long last and after repetitive missions and story. By the end of the manga I actually cared. Thats just one huge contrast ya know?

Why couldn't the game be like the manga?

Larxene012

Banned
the manga is good. but it also tries to be funny. I still would've prefered a game with no Xion whatsoever. I thought my hate had died.....but my hate grows stronger and stronger each time i turn on my ps3 to play 1.5 HD ReMIX

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
the manga is good. but it also tries to be funny. I still would've prefered a game with no Xion whatsoever. I thought my hate had died.....but my hate grows stronger and stronger each time i turn on my ps3 to play 1.5 HD ReMIX
Do you think they could have done more with Xion's character to at least make her likeable?

Larxene012

Banned
Do you think they could have done more with Xion's character to at least make her likeable?

The fact that they relied on making a character like Xion is a problem for a game that is in-between two stories. the whole existence for Xion is so that she can replicate the keyblade and collect hearts. But the game admits was that the design was to replace Roxas.

Honestly, i can't think of anything that could make her original. She was designed to be nothing but a replica, and thats all she appears to be.

Anagram

Banned

What it tries to do is irrelevant to me. Everything's needs some humor but why it doesn't bother is simply because that despite it its leagues better than the game itself. Amano actually gives them something in terms of individualism and personality.
Just ignore it. Whenever I start 1.5 I go straight to KH1 and not even look at the other games. To be honest about all I play between 1.5, 2.5, and DDD all I play is 1, Aqua (bbs) and if I'm really bored KH2.
Everything else is basically a mess of theater scenes that I never look at.

Precursor Mar

Days' story would've been so much better had it focused on the entire Organization, that's what everyone wanted after playing KH2. Instead we got another SRK clone. I think I actually know less about the Org. after playing Days. Though I'll be honest, when it comes to KH's overall story I just take it all at face value and enjoy it for what it is.

What makes me dislike Days is everything else.

- The controls suck
- The panel system sucks
- It's repetitive
- Mission Mode is unbalanced
- Facking Ruler of the Sky

How I was able to complete the game 100% I'll never know.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I still like the game :/. I'll always love Roxas trying to figure out how girls work :(

Larxene012

Banned
Being one myself, he looks like a retard. And xion was a poor example of a girl if all she did was get emotional

Precursor Mar

To be fair, I would lying if I said I didn't enjoy the game to some degree. I'd still rather rather play it over CoM, but only because I'm not a fan of that game's gameplay.

I still like the game :/. I'll always love Roxas trying to figure out how girls work :(

I liked that part too. We've all been there. lol

Larxene012

Banned
sotry of days matter just as much as the gameplay for me. and the story was trying too hard to entice players simply for being an interquel. there was plenty of room where they could've expaned, and hinted more on kh3 without the use of xion. but....no.

Anagram

Banned
The story always felt forced imo. Like it's trying to make me care about these people. People already cared, they bought it solely because it was supposed to show more about the Organization as a whole.
I dunno everything felt forced and in the end I cared less than I did going in. What little I thought of Roxas was thrown out and I've been saddened at how Axel could go to remorseless assassin in CoM to whatever he was in KH2.

Larxene012

Banned
What he was in kh2 i thought would be explained better in days. Sure he was suppose to "change". but he was still not a complete "emo"

Anagram

Banned
I think it was supposed to be more along the lines he grew or even matured rather than changed. We was supposed to see him turn into the KH2 self but yeah....ya know. Didn't happen. Xion got more development somehow.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I did like how the game made me believe Xemnas sits in a chair all day until people show up to talk with him.

Anagram

Banned
I did like how the game made me believe Xemnas sits in a chair all day until people show up to talk with him.

Imagine the ass print in that chair bro. I bet when the old Xehanort was sitting in it in DDD he sunk about 12 inches.

BufferAqua

Bronze Member
Awards
Never have I played the game, and I think I might download an emulator of it. But I agree, it is a bad idea to make it for the DS. The controls would have been better on a Sony platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back