• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

too much money to play?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

beastlycool

I absolutely love the kingdom hearts series, but I think it is spanning to to many platforms. Im running out of money to buy this stuff. So lets see how much money I have spent so far on KH...
PS2-$80
Kingdom Hearts - $10
Kingdom Hearts 2- $20
Kingdom Hearts RE: CoM- $30
PSP Bundle with BBS- $200
DS Lite- $110
Kingdom Hearts Days- $35
Kingdom Hearts CoM- $15
So far I have spent $500 dollars on the KH series to play the games and Im not counting tax at all. Also on what I will have to buy to keep playing the games..
3DS- $250
Kingdom Hearts 3D- $40
Kingdom Hearts RE: Coded- $35
BBSV2- ???*

Oi.... It seems people are not understanding what I am saying. I am not saying that I don't play other video games. Most of my other games are not KH games. Im not saying I bought these consoles for the sole purpose of playing the games (except the PS2, but I eventually got other games over time.) What I am saying is this is just the bare minimum if you want to play the games when they come out.(with the exception of KH1, KH2, and KH CoM. I bought them used and didn't know how much they cost when they came out.) I am also saying is if you agree with me or not, that KH is spanning to too many platforms to keep up with, money wise.

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
You know, you don't have to buy every single thing or every console/handheld just to enjoy the series... in fact you shouldn't be buying ANY console/handheld just for one simple game series. If that's what you're doing, then stop. If you're going to spend big money like that, there need to be more games.

Personally I don't see why people consider it a big deal. The ONLY thing that the KH series made me want to buy was the PSP, but even then I wanted Dissidia, Crisis Core and .hack LINK. I never bought a DS but I'll buy the 3DS instead... this way, I could play both KH3D and KH Re:Coded without buying two consoles. There are alternate ways to doing thing besides spending all this money :/

beastlycool

Not to be rude or anything but if you want to comment could you do it on the other thread like this idk why but this tread was posted before I was done typing

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Hmm looking at the last four things you're planning to buy, you could probably skip Kingdom Hearts Re:coded since you wouldn't be missing much from that game. But of course, it's entirely up to you.

I'm very sure Birth by Sleep -Volume II- will be for the PSP and not PSP2 so that's some money saved there. The PSP2 isn't coming anytime soon.

NotaHero21

Yeah the psp2 is still a ways off, while BBSv2 is clearly planned and more then likely secretly in development right now. I doubt it will come out on the psp2 if there is one...it hasnt been confirmed yet has it?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Not to be rude or anything but if you want to comment could you do it on the other thread like this idk why but this tread was posted before I was done typing

...wait, what? So you created a second thread exactly like this...? You know, there is such a thing as an "Edit" button.

EDIT: Okay after looking at your other thread... it didn't really say anything new. All it said was "So the total price is over 800 dollars" and that's about it... soooo my original post still stands.

NotaHero21

hmmm you know I havnt really thought about how much i've spent on this series... I never bought a console for it because I usually get them as gifts but ehh I guess you do spend a lot, I dont mind though, It's not like you have to buy it all at once

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

Xorne

Wow, well I imagine if you only buy those things for Kingdom Hearts then it could definitely seem expensive. Personally, I refuse to buy any console before finding three games I want on that console -- and then branching out to find other games that I may come to enjoy. I still think my PS2 and PSX game collection is the largest I own... :p

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm still buying games I want to play on the PS2. And I have about 15 I want for the PS3...I just haven't bought them because I don't have the system. And I already have 10ish I want for the 3DS.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
I'm still buying games I want to play on the PS2. And I have about 15 I want for the PS3...I just haven't bought them because I don't have the system. And I already have 10ish I want for the 3DS.

You too! I'm lookin to nab the Sly Fox Series. I only played Demos for them.

As for the PS3, I'm probably going to try Uncharted seeing as how I hear it's "The Best Game Ever Made"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back