• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too much KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silh

Slippery People
Awards
final mix had a better storyline and of course more insight on organization XIII.
The point I was illustrating was "Why would I spend more money on something I should have received in the first place?"

Also, I don't care.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Storyline?? Lol i have the game, not much of the story has changed, however all the Extra's even the difficulty levels, and the nice addition of CoM was a plus. It made KH2 more worthwhile, and much more fun. It didn't really help the story at all, however it would have reduced the original amount of games had it not been rushed.

that's what im eant by storyline. acting is still the same though

A

Azrael

I have a feeling all this "filler" might pay off in KHIII.

Think about it: Maleficent being back and well on her way to the top, rebuilding a team of Villains.

According to Nomura, Xehanort should return, and maybe we'll see some of former Org. XIII with him-with other members joining Sora's cause.

You get where I'm going?

3-way war of the worlds. Not a fully open war-until some bigass battle that is-but a war nonetheless. It seems to me to be the only logical direction to take the next huge installment of the series.s1demteeth

We had that in II and that was horribly executed.

Allister Rose

French Lover
you know i still dont know what you mean by executed.......can you please tell me what you mean by that??

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
Final Mix pretty much fix most of my main beef with KH2. Other than that it's the best KH game at least before BbS came out IMO. I felt that it was a huge improvement over KH1. KH1 wasn't really all that special in hindsight. The story didn't even start to get really good until HB. All it had was nostalgia.

Glitches can be fixed and additions can be added, but shitty design stays forever.

Allister Rose

French Lover
overall design i wouldn't say kh2 was that bad. they didn't improve the game where it really counts though which is story and playability.

sure synthesizing is more fun, and gummi ship was fun enough to go through it more than once.

but the horrible acting, movements, and script was bad...kh2fM helped on some of the story but didn't fix the way sora moved and stuff, which sometimes made sora look like an idiot

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
That was just a prelude-and it wasnt really the main plot of the whole game. I'm talking about the main plot. A guy can dream, cant he?

That was a part of the "plot" in KH2. It happened that way but in a pathetic way. I don't see how it was a prelude since it was happening all over the place.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That was a part of the "plot" in KH2. It happened that way but in a pathetic way. I don't see how it was a prelude since it was happening all over the place.
Oh, I though you were talking about the one battle. And yes, villainous rivalries were hinted at but not really fully explored. I'm talking about full-on exploration in that area. Im talking about a much better execution of the subject.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
If anything the Organization has been the most detrimental thing to the series' plot, and if all FM+ does is elaborate on who these ultimately minor characters are, then it doesn't fix anything.

soralight11

I actually think that KH2 is WAY more apriciated than the first. I always notice that people play the second without ever playing the first. And I hate it.

S

SoulSilver

Well its not as good as the orignal, I just thought some of the characters felt off to me. don't get me wrong I loved facing the organization members, but it just didn't feel like a Kingdom Hearts game.

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
While the Organization was awesome in Chain of Memories and nicely portrayed, they felt so out of place in KHII. No doubt they're a cool bunch, but some parts just didn't fit at all. And some members were just not needed.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

MrGubs

Website
www.facebook.com
I love the game waaay beter than KH1. Great gameplay, Awsome graphics, Good story. But the only thing is, Sora...well most times...stuff he says...just...cheesy and they made him kinda dim-witted in my opion. Like for instance, Sora only finds out that Roxas is his nobody like right near THE END OF THE GAME! He sees him a couple of times, hears about him, the Org keep mentioning him to Sora like how many times and yet...right near the end...VERY SMART

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
I wanted to add that despite them being cool, Demyx and Luxord were not needed at all. They were basically there to fill the ranks. Hell. not even Xaldin was needed.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The only thing I find wrong with it is that Sora wakes up from a year of sleeping and acts like he just took a five minute nap. I think that the story isn't the best, but not bad enough for me to hate it D:

Basically he woke up with the last thing he remembers was falling asleep out in the meadow with Donald, Goofy and Jiminy. He didn't remember a thing and was disoriented enough to not even notice his zipper was pressing against sensitive areas until Yen Sid mentioned it.
Arguably, yes, there should've been more than an impact but I understand the basic concept behind him not minding all too much - but more coming up.

So, if you're a hater, why do you hate on it?

A lot of people dislike the game because it's too easy.
While I agree with that to a point, I'm not one to be upset with it as I enjoyed the gameplay.

What did irk me were two major points.
1) The lack of any true essence to the story. A lot went on, things moved, things developed... and in the meanwhile Sora was singing with Ariel in Atlantica and apparently, Namine did more than make people forget and then remember Sora - she made everyone in Atlantica as well as SDG forget about Ursula and the events that took place in KH1's Atlantica. That just... sucked, really. Completely illogical.

2) Complete and utter character destruction. True, Sora wasn't the brightest crayon ever but he was a 14 year old kid who grew up on an island; it's understandable, much like when Mickey asked what a password even was - it's not stupidity as much as... "shelterdness". In previous games, Sora didn't come off as a complete moron who was driven by his hormones. Unless those kicked in suddenly while he slept and as a result of what happened in CoM and Days, that was just uncalled for.

Namine was far too Kairi-fied. Put her up with either her CoM self or her Days self and you'll have a hard time seeing the connection. Now before Days came out, there was the hope that much like how Axel changed from his CoM self to his KH2 self, that Namine did too, but unlike Axel who did get his behavior change explained in Days, Namine didn't. She was every last bit the CoM Namine Riku met after Sora went to sleep albeit a bit less shy due to actually coming into contact with people, but she was hardly as playful and teasing, and I dare say insensitive as she was in the KH2 prologue (as much as I do love her "never meant to exist" line, it doesn't add up).

Riku... well I can see how he got to be such a ridiculous emo muffin but it certainly would've helped to actually SEE it happening, especially since up to the very final moments of Days he wasn't all that emo-ish. And once he did get to be like that, we didn't see him.

And Kairi. Gods, Kairi. I disliked the girl with a passion in KH1 but at least there I had a personality to hate her for. KH2 Kairi is bland. Completely. And in KH1 she at least acknowledged other people's existences. Even if she was joking and even if not, Kairi gave us the raft comment, indicating she accepted Riku existed. Be it justified or not, she wondered if Riku lost his Heart or not. And while I consider it to be completely uncalled for, she did say Riku could take care of himself after XH possessed him.
Like or hate how it was pulled off, agree or disagree with what was said and done, Kairi accepted Riku's existence even if some can claim that she was basically telling Sora to not mind him and worry more about her good luck charm.
KH2 was... *shrug*able on her part. Even after being absent for a year, Riku could take care of himself and they'd meet each other again. Ok, what? But waiting isn't good enough for Sora, right? What the hell. You want me to buy that she's not just writing Riku off you need to show me more than SELPHIE being the one to voice concern about him. And then not telling HPO that Riku's missing too, but only that Kairi's looking for Sora (some looking, she ran away from being kidnapped by Axel, and then she has the nerve to tell Sora she was looking for him and Riku after she not only ran away from Axel but was also captive by Saix? What the heck?!).
Oh yeah nice going also on not showing us the true reunion in the islands between RiKai. You spend so much time making SoRiku seem gayer than ever, bother with SoKai but RiKai... whazzat? Pfft. KH1 and CoM both had more than that in them in that aspect :v
And then five seconds after Kairi realizes that Sora and Riku were not out of the Islands having a fun fun adventure, and were in real serious danger and that she's getting in the way and putting them in MORE danger (in case Riku serving as a human shield for her against Saix didn't clue anyone in), she's more than ready to jump with Sora and Riku into the final battle against Xemnas.
BALCONY CEILING FOR THE WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN
Good thing Namine came along and teleported everyone out of there aside from SoRiku >_>

Oh and the Organization basically being there for the lulz, since we never learned of any true plot until the FM+ came along.
Small wonder even Nomura himself admitted in an interview that when he was helping out on the novels, he realized how much he left out of the games. Yeesh.

And then we get to the actual bland dialogues and such and omfg no more.

tl;dr
If I never hear "Sora, Donald and Goofy" again it'll be too soon.​

I wanted to add that despite them being cool, Demyx and Luxord were not needed at all. They were basically there to fill the ranks. Hell. not even Xaldin was needed.

This in a nutshell and I couldn't agree more. Part of why I didn't mind when neither of them got too much screen time in Days - they're not all that important. It feels a lot more like they were there to fill in the "cool" 13 number.
The CoM cast I can accept a bit more which is why I partially disagree about what you wrote about Lexaeus, if only because he did have some minimal impact on Riku's story in R-R. But in the long run I agree, it's nothing Zexion couldn't have initiated using one trick or another.

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
This in a nutshell and I couldn't agree more. Part of why I didn't mind when neither of them got too much screen time in Days - they're not all that important. It feels a lot more like they were there to fill in the "cool" 13 number.
The CoM cast I can accept a bit more which is why I partially disagree about what you wrote about Lexaeus, if only because he did have some minimal impact on Riku's story in R-R. But in the long run I agree, it's nothing Zexion couldn't have initiated using one trick or another.

I do think Lexaeus was important to CoM, and did have some impact. However, Zexion could have easily pulled it off on his own, like you said. I love Lex, but the sad fact is that he didn't leave a major major impact on the story. Sadly. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back