• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too much KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allister Rose

French Lover
tarzan...i don't know. i just didn't like it for some reason, and it's true, kerchak was too quiet. i didn't really like monstro because all of the rooms looked the same and i got confused, hahaha. but seeing riku alot was cool, especially with how he acted. winnie the pooh is okay, and i like seeing the characters (as i too watched the show as a kid), and i like the music, but i SUCK so hard at the mini games and so i don't like playing it. and i don't like looking for the pages either, even though you get most within the story. true, it had potential, but it was wasted. and in kh2, i hated leading the gang through the cave. it took me so long!

all that was easy, sure i got lost when i was younger in monstro, but now i go through it in a breeze. and i really don't look for pages, i just try to open every chest i can find and usually i get them by coincidence

silentmusic16

all that was easy, sure i got lost when i was younger in monstro, but now i go through it in a breeze. and i really don't look for pages, i just try to open every chest i can find and usually i get them by coincidence

thing is, i suck at video games, so not much is easy for me lol. ugh, monstro was so confusing even though i beat it once i doubt that i'd be able to just breeze through it. i usually open them as well, but i know i'm missing some, probably because i don't look for the dalmations either, even though i know they give a page.

i play kh for their mythology; who is ansem, what's up with the nobodies, all the stuff with the heartless, things that went on in bbs (though i have yet to really spoil myself) and things along those lines. that's what interests me in the kh games. the original characters too.

Daydreamer

I don't think KH2 is terrible. In fact, it's far from it, and it's a pretty good game. The problem is that it doesn't live up to KH1. I remember getting frustrated when I had to find something in one of the worlds in KH1 since they were all so spread out and open. It was easy (for me, at least) to get lost. On the other hand, when I started playing KH2, I actually missed getting lost. It was so linear, so simple. That's one of the reasons I found it to be inferior to the first game. It didn't have the same sense of adventure and exploration that the first one did.

The second game seems to be lacking the heart of the first one as well. I just didn't connect as well with Sora and the other characters as much (except maybe Roxas). This is probably due to the writing and story which, hopefully, will be improved in future games.

So KH2's okay and everything, and sometimes people say it's a terrible game, which I don't think is entirely true. The gameplay's fun and simple, and the story (at times) is interesting. It just could have been a lot better.

A

Azrael

Personally Sora should never have been the protagonist. Should've stayed at Roxas.

thylings

Website
www.myspace.com
I will say this once and once only:

KHII was the worst KH, and hopefully the series never goes down that road again.

Personally Sora should never have been the protagonist. Should've stayed at Roxas.

Agree 100%

If they did this then we wouldn't have needed the emo sh*tfest that was 358/2 Days. In fact, we didn't need it to begin with. O.O

silentmusic16

that would've been awesome

KHII was the worst KH, and hopefully the series never goes down that road again.

Agree 100%

If they did this then we wouldn't have needed the emo sh*tfest that was 358/2 Days. In fact, we didn't need it to begin with. O.O
eh, personally, i think days was the worse. i liked kh2. we definitely didn't need days

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
kh2 haters are the kairi haters so whoever started that prolly same as kh2 hater lol

im playing kh2 right now its pretty good.

really easy though. im on proud and haven't died yet lol. im on the first time where you go to tron's world.. so far its good. but i know it gets kind of annoying when you have to play through disney worlds again because the ending in each world is this annoying laughter out of everyone laughing at something that aint funny.

bluefroggygirl

And how does that not prove it at all connected? Most if the villains were each in a world and a part of Maleficent's group, who were the main antagonists for majority of the game. It tied into other worlds because of that connection and to the overall plot since they were also trying to gather all the PoH's and get Kingdom Hearts.

Hell, Riku was running around in different worlds antagonizing Sora and causing more of a connection since he was working with the Disney Villains to find Kairi.

Okay are you blind or something? Every single Disney world pretty much connected except for Winnie the Pooh.

Deep Jungle had Sora finding the first keyhole and learning he had to do so to every world or else it would fall to darkness & the Heartless would keep coming; Olympus Coliseum had Hades, a member of the group who was trying to get rid of Sora so he would be out of the way; Wonderland had Alice, a PoH, being kidnapped by (most likely) Riku offscreen, but it still tied together to the overall plot; Agrabah had Jasmine also being kidnapped and not too mention Jafar who was also a part of the Disney Villains; Monstro had Riku tormenting Sora, trying to mess with Pinocchio, and the conflict between them now growing; Atlantica had Ursula, another member, who was using Ariel to gain the trident and probably take care of Sora afterwards, which is evident she tried to do; Neverland had Hook who stole Wendy thinking she was a PoH, Riku who had found Kairi and who Sora was trying to get to, and the fact Hook also tried to get rid of Sora by making him walk the plank & such.

Not one of the Disney worlds was even a bit disconnected like in KH2 were Sora & co. went to, for example, Atlantica with no interference from the Org. and sang a-long forgetting what he was even on a journey for; Pride Lands just had him going their and following the world's plotline without even a proper connection to the plot; Agrabah had no Org. members even trying to mess with Sora here either, and all it was was another Jafar attempt and Pete being an idiot, which was not the plot.

Not too mention FF in KH1 actually was relevant and played a part in the storyline. Leon, Aerith, Yuffie, and Cid all came from Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, knew what was happening to the world's, helped Sora in his journey, and were actually connected to the overall plot whereas in KH2 they were connected to their world's plot, not the overall one. KH1 has been the only one so far to incorporate a full fledged connection to Disney and a full-fledged one to FF to the overall plot. CoM, KH2, Days, BbS and Coded haven't.

oh my geebers!

//looks at KHII in a whole different way now.

So, I guess this thread actually opens my eyes and lets me see that KHII has a bad storyline, has a huge lack of Organization members, it's missing Sora's brain more than half the game, Riku, Kairi and Roxas are barely in this game and the Disney worlds were actually unneeded to the KHII storyline.

But for some reason, I'd still rather play KHII rather than KHI.

Maybe I just like the Disney worlds as a part? Like, I like the story that happens in them but I don't like how they're useless in the KH plot.

I've got one question though, people are saying that they didn't turn into KHII haters mostly because of the Final Mix. What exactly is so good about the Final Mix?

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
I like to think of it like this. KH1, (Re:)CoM, and BBS are good representations of the KH series, while KH2, Days, and Coded are bad representations. In other words, Nomura has so far been 50/ 50 on the KH series imo. KH2 lacked decent gameplay (more X mashing, less need for magic), had fairly disconnected and isolated world plots, and had a weak overall story. (and was way too easy, even on Proud mode) Days seems to have had two of the four, as the gameplay and difficulty seem to be better than KH2's. I heard bad things about Coded's story, though it might be a bit closer to the middle, depending on the how actual gameplay is/ varies.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
I like to think of it like this. KH1, (Re:)CoM, and BBS are good representations of the KH series, while KH2, Days, and Coded are bad representations. In other words, Nomura has so far been 50/ 50 on the KH series imo. KH2 lacked decent gameplay (more X mashing, less need for magic), had fairly disconnected and isolated world plots, and had a weak overall story. (and was way too easy, even on Proud mode) Days seems to have had two of the four, as the gameplay and difficulty seem to be better than KH2's. I heard bad things about Coded's story, though it might be a bit closer to the middle, depending on the how actual gameplay is/ varies.

The only bad thing I found about Coded is it could have easily been shorter and a prologue mode to KH3/Reconnect. The story was actually pretty good for what the game is, and it revealed some useful information whereas Days really didn't.

Plus, Data Sora's character development along with Data Riku and Mickey & co. I found to be fantastic. It rivaled CoM's development for me, anyway.

Gameplay wise, I have no idea though. Haven't played it so I couldn't say.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

That's like saying, "If we didn't have KH1 then we wouldn't have had the sh*tfest that was KH2! Kh1 is the worst game!"

Days was sh8 on it's own. And I will always think it's the worst KH game. If there is ever one worse than that, I might lose interest in the series altogether.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Days was sh8 on it's own. And I will always think it's the worst KH game. If there is ever one worse than that, I might lose interest in the series altogether.

I think storywise, it was the worse game. But when it actually did have story, at least it was better than KH2's. Plus the gameplay made up for the lack of story for me anyway, and mission mode/extra's.

What sucks the most though is Days could have been much better but it seems like they just RAX-whored the whole thing (besides the fact I like RAX) it should have whored the whole Org, not just RAX.

Although there were some parts that I didn't get, like
-Why Riku didn't take Xion to Sora, who's his best friend to save him
-Why Xion tells Roxas to kill Mansex and release Kingdom Hearts, but once he's in TWTNW, she wants Riku to stop him...

=/

Though I really think KH2's Disney implementation was worse, because at least Days Disney worlds connected somewhat since the Org. was constantly there, killing the Heartless that were causing problems, etc. But the story as a whole was worse than KH2 since it dragged on far too long.

Had they actually given some more in-depth character development on Xaldin, Demyx, Luxord, Xigbar, Saix and Mansex, perhaps the story wouldn't have felt so slow.

Also the way CO was implemented made me upset.

But I still like Days better than Kh2, despite all that.

493pokemon1

Florida,USA, North America,Earth, Solar System, Mi
Although there were some parts that I didn't get, like
-Why Riku didn't take Xion to Sora, who's his best friend to save him
-Why Xion tells Roxas to kill Mansex and release Kingdom Hearts, but once he's in TWTNW, she wants Riku to stop him...

=/

THe bad story element that I believe Nomura did not notice

Plain and simple after hearing from Riku that Roxas would surely be eliminated if he got close to KH she changed her(his) mind, knowing that now all that was needed to wake up Sora was Roxas.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I've got one question though, people are saying that they didn't turn into KHII haters mostly because of the Final Mix. What exactly is so good about the Final Mix?
picture.php
EVERYTING!

theres the extra boss's (13 org data battles, LS, roxas battle) new drive form (limit form)
the VA is in english, theres new keyblades and abilities, critical mode, extra scenes.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
THe bad story element that I believe Nomura did not notice

Plain and simple after hearing from Riku that Roxas would surely be eliminated if he got close to KH she changed her(his) mind, knowing that now all that was needed to wake up Sora was Roxas.

That's barely scratching it. There was no reason for Xion to say anything at all. Or even be in that scene.

Riku was already in TWTNW, standing on the skyscraper. What did you think he was going to do? Help Roxas kill Xemnas? Have a tea party? He even said it himself in a line, that he's there to get the rest of Sora's memories (which is WTF, considering the last half year he let the other half run around with him, scampering off, and letting her decide what to do when his best friend is in a coma and needing to be saved. Apparently, Roxas isn't allowed the same treatment for some reason >.>. Damn character murder...). So for Xion to say "STOP ROXAS!" when he was going to stop him anyway as the reason he was there is...pointless. Stupid. Repetitive. And then Diz came right after to put him in the Data Twilight Town that's ready. This was preplanned: Roxas was never going to step back into that castle. Xion or no Xion. And I still don't think anyone's that brain dead when they are dying not to give the clear message of "go back to Sora" in short words. I think they did it on purpose, stating to "free the Heart that she gave to Kingdom Hearts" to give an excuse for her to mind talk. If she could say that, she could say the other one, period.

That's why my grudge on what they did to Deep Dive will forever remain. It was just to add Xion there, without much reasoning. And poorly executed because of that.

Don't even get me started on Diz, and the moment he found out what's holding up Sora's progression by Naminé. Diz, the Nobody hater at the time, who wanted revenge, who wanted to wake Sora as soon as possible. Lasting this long? Why would this character wait for anyone? And how it was done, goodness...

"OKAY! This has to end"
*30 days later*
"The gloves are off!
*20 days later*
"Okay, now we're really going to do this sh!t. RIKU!"

And surprise, surprise, Xion had already decided by then how she was coincidentally end herself.

s1gildragonin30years

358/2 Days was just horrible >.<.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
"OKAY! This has to end"
*30 days later*
"The gloves are off!
*20 days later*

ROFL!!! Twi, can I please put this in my sig?? That was made of WIN!

Now, as for KH2...honestly, I love it. It will always have a special place in my heart because it was really the game that got me invested in the franchise. Why? Well, back then I was a HUGE Pirates of the Caribbean fan, so all my friend had to tell me was, "It's got PotC in it," and I was sold. I played it right after I finished the first game (didn't play CoM until much later) and so the nostalgia factor will always prevent me from hating KH2. I loved Sora, I loved the Disney worlds that they picked out, I loved the creepiness of the World That Never Was, I almost cried when HPO couldn't see or hear Roxas and he was forced to go back to Sora, I loved Organization XIII, especially Demyx, I loved the beautiful soundtrack by Yoko Shimomura, I loved Kairi wielding a Keyblade, heck, I even liked Atlantica!

So no matter how much the Pride Lands might make me scream and writhe in agony, no matter how often I decide to rant about the way they absolutely BUTCHERED the characters of Will Turner and Elizabeth Swann, I'll never hate Kingdom Hearts 2. And hey, it might not be the best Kingdom Hearts game, but it's a pretty fantastic game for the PS2!

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
ROFL!!! Twi, can I please put this in my sig?? That was made of WIN!

Really? ^^; Go ahead, it's just one of the things that pissed me off mostly. Everything was Xionified for absolutely no reason.

I honestly didn't think KH2 had a plot. The standard was mostly:

Disney World filler that has nothing to do with the story.
Organization, who weren't even fleshed out right.
Riku.
Kairi
Oh yeah...and the Organization.

It was linear; it was the typical "defeat Big Boss in the end while fighting his minions before him", with lack of depth. Even the reunions were lackluster, especially between Sora and Roxas.

*Roxas and Naminé do their SoKai speech*
*Roxas walks to Sora to return*
*audience thinks there's going to be some talk since this is the first time they ever met properly*
"Look sharp! 8D"
*Disappears*
*Audience: guess not*

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
That's why my grudge on what they did to Deep Dive will forever remain. It was just to add Xion there, without much reasoning. And poorly executed because of that.

Let's re-write it so it makes sense:

Roxas: Why are you trying to stop me?
Riku: Because now Xion's dead anyway, I want back the rest of Sora's memories.
Roxas: Sora? But that's the guy I'm trying to find! You know him?
Riku: ...I'm not allowed to be friendly to you, otherwise we won't get to have our epic Deep Dive fight.
Roxas: Oh yeah. Damn. Well then... I guess... enough about Sora!
Riku: Do you have some kind of plan? Other than... to find Sora? Who you don't want to hear about?
Roxas: I'm going to set Kingdom Hearts free, like Xion told me to! Then everything will go back to the way it was!
Riku: You're insane. What's that got to do with Sora? And who told you Kingdom Hearts would turn back time??
Roxas: Uh, no one. But my original reason for leaving the Organisation was to find out why the Keyblade chose me... so I need to want to find Sora... and I'm just trying to figure out how Xion being my main motivation fits in!
Riku: You really are insane.
Roxas: Shut up!! I didn't write this stupid plot, okay!!

"OKAY! This has to end"
*30 days later*
"The gloves are off!
*20 days later*

More like...

*76 days later* and *52 days later*
s1angrypple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back