• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too much KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zulkir

Then you must love badly written storylines better than good ones. Although the Seeven Days with Roxas was actually pretty good, but after that KH2's writing and storytelling was... well... bad compared to KH1.

<snip>

Looks like you and I pretty much feel the same way about this game. Sure haters and fans always go overboard, but we've listed our reasons.

The prologue with Roxas was my favorite part of the game to :(

Anyway reasons (most of them repeating what lonbilly said)

1)Disney Villains being filler.

2) Reasons for entering Disney worlds nothing other than "oh may as well do stuff here while we are here"

3) Sora being otherwise braindead.

Mickey: That isn't the real Ansem, you killed an imposter.

Sora: awww.

WHY the hell would sora get upset? Did sora not SEE said imposter possess his friend? Who the hell cares what his name really is, he was STILL BAD, there's no reason to get angry.

4) Org members use corridors of darkness to travel around, but somehow there's a hovercraft RIGHT when you need it to fight Dragon Xemnas! Yay!

5) Mal and Pete: We're gonna beat these heartless, charge! You walk back to the area and there are no heartless there... none are coming after Xemnas like Maleficent said... that's just one of the worst scenes I've ever seen.

6) (Days rant in here too) The org having barley any decent development. When a game comes out that could give them decent development, it revolves around a baseless asspull character that mopes and whines instead.

7) And...the worst of all

Common Sense: Alright Sora, your friend Riku is still missing and Kairi has been kidnapped. Secondly, the Organization is taking the heart of every Heartless, you say, what are you doing to do?

Sora: Do a sing-a-long in atlantica to beat the villain who we already killed!

eggman.jpg

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
There wasnt a whole lot in KH1, either,

Except there was. The Disney Villains for the main villains for the majority of the game, Maleficent was collecting the PoH's who were Disney characters, it tied into other worlds because of the villains, and then the Riku interference also adds to that.

KH1's Disney was better than KH2's. It actually incorporated Disney into the overall plot.

Apollo

Silver Member
I

1. There wasn't much relevance in the Disney worlds in KH2. There wasnt a whole lot in KH1, either, but at least the Organization has its moments in there. I know, I know.

Did you play KH1? The whole game was centered around Disney themed elements. PoH, and Mal. was the main villian until the last part of the game.

silentmusic16

it's actually my favorite, then kh1, then com. i liked basically everything about it, even the simplified battling (i suck at videogames DX). my biggest complaint, though, is hollow bastion. in kh1, it was sooo much better.

i liked the music alot too, and the inclusion of the land of dragons, the nobodies, and reflect and magnet (i was never a fan of gravity)

plus, i kind of liked that disney wasn't as important. i never really felt connected to any of the disney characters, especially in kh1.

Lonbilly

Awards
plus, i kind of liked that disney wasn't as important. i never really felt connected to any of the disney characters, especially in kh1.

That's kind of retarded seeing as how important Disney was in KH1. Saying you weren't connected is like saying you didn't connect with KH1 at all.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Except there was. The Disney Villains for the main villains for the majority of the game
Doesn't matter they were reduced to filler villain the moment Ansem was introduced.

Maleficent was collecting the PoH's who were Disney characters,
We only went to TWO worlds were the Poh's were being taken from the rest were kidnapped off screen.

it tied into other worlds because of the villains, and then the Riku interference also adds to that.
No it didn't in fact the villain didn't have any ifluence on Sora outside there respective worlds save for Maleficient.

KH1's Disney was better than KH2's. It actually incorporated Disney into the overall plot.

It was actually pretty much the same. Going to Disney worlds were just as pointless and the FF character barely had any role in the game.

Allister Rose

French Lover
problem was in kh1 sora seemed more vincible seeing as how he failed a few times while in kh2 he really did everything perfect

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I like Kingdom Hearts II. Used to love it until I got Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix, now the former looks horrible in comparison XD

Actually the only thing I dont like about it is its linearity. You always seem to go in a straight path.

Allister Rose

French Lover
same here, but i didn't love it as much, i jsut thought that i liked it, but wasn't that good.

still kh2 fm did so much better. i think we deserve to get kh in englsih territories

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
You know another reason is that Kingdom hearts II REALLY lacked the magic feeling that KHI gave off. I get huge nostalgia everytime I do anything in KHI(FM), but when I play KHII(FM) it seems more like a chore. KHI is also better music and story wise.

Lonbilly

Awards
Doesn't matter they were reduced to filler villain the moment Ansem was introduced.

That's because they were all dead and Ansem became the main villain. They still tied in for majority of the game, something KH2 couldn't at all do.

We only went to TWO worlds were the Poh's were being taken from the rest were kidnapped off screen.

And yet that was one connection right there.

No it didn't in fact the villain didn't have any ifluence on Sora outside there respective worlds save for Maleficient.

And how does that not prove it at all connected? Most if the villains were each in a world and a part of Maleficent's group, who were the main antagonists for majority of the game. It tied into other worlds because of that connection and to the overall plot since they were also trying to gather all the PoH's and get Kingdom Hearts.

Hell, Riku was running around in different worlds antagonizing Sora and causing more of a connection since he was working with the Disney Villains to find Kairi.

It was actually pretty much the same. Going to Disney worlds were just as pointless and the FF character barely had any role in the game.

Okay are you blind or something? Every single Disney world pretty much connected except for Winnie the Pooh.

Deep Jungle had Sora finding the first keyhole and learning he had to do so to every world or else it would fall to darkness & the Heartless would keep coming; Olympus Coliseum had Hades, a member of the group who was trying to get rid of Sora so he would be out of the way; Wonderland had Alice, a PoH, being kidnapped by (most likely) Riku offscreen, but it still tied together to the overall plot; Agrabah had Jasmine also being kidnapped and not too mention Jafar who was also a part of the Disney Villains; Monstro had Riku tormenting Sora, trying to mess with Pinocchio, and the conflict between them now growing; Atlantica had Ursula, another member, who was using Ariel to gain the trident and probably take care of Sora afterwards, which is evident she tried to do; Neverland had Hook who stole Wendy thinking she was a PoH, Riku who had found Kairi and who Sora was trying to get to, and the fact Hook also tried to get rid of Sora by making him walk the plank & such.

Not one of the Disney worlds was even a bit disconnected like in KH2 were Sora & co. went to, for example, Atlantica with no interference from the Org. and sang a-long forgetting what he was even on a journey for; Pride Lands just had him going their and following the world's plotline without even a proper connection to the plot; Agrabah had no Org. members even trying to mess with Sora here either, and all it was was another Jafar attempt and Pete being an idiot, which was not the plot.

Not too mention FF in KH1 actually was relevant and played a part in the storyline. Leon, Aerith, Yuffie, and Cid all came from Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion, knew what was happening to the world's, helped Sora in his journey, and were actually connected to the overall plot whereas in KH2 they were connected to their world's plot, not the overall one. KH1 has been the only one so far to incorporate a full fledged connection to Disney and a full-fledged one to FF to the overall plot. CoM, KH2, Days, BbS and Coded haven't.

Amata

Website
fmableach.ipbfree.com
I can understand why people hate on KH II, but I still love it. It has it's problems, there's no doubt about that, but it has it's upsides too.

Gameplay wise, although really button mashy, was much more fluid and a lot more fun. For the first part of KH I, the battles are just.... ugh. Seriously I hated the first two worlds because of this. It does improve, sure, but KH II's gameplay is definately more engaging and actually makes it fun to grind. Only problem is, it's wayyyy too easy, even on Proud mode.

KH I definately had a better executed story, but the ideas were there in KH II, they were just rushed... this is why they should just give Europe and the USA Final Mix already so we can see what KH II should have been like.

Anyways, I still really love KH II, it had a lot of potential, even if that potential was wasted in some areas.

silentmusic16

That's kind of retarded seeing as how important Disney was in KH1. Saying you weren't connected is like saying you didn't connect with KH1 at all.

yeah, i know it sounds weird, but i guess i didn't connect with kh1. sure, it was fun to me and i liked the story, but idk, i just didn't really connect with me. and the disney worlds always seemed like a chore. i hated playing in them. if the whole game was in hollow bastion (loved the kh1 version, hated the kh2 one) traverse town, or the end of the world <3, i would've been happier.

with what everyone is saying about fm2, i want to play it now, ahaha.

Allister Rose

French Lover
yeah, i know it sounds weird, but i guess i didn't connect with kh1. sure, it was fun to me and i liked the story, but idk, i just didn't really connect with me. and the disney worlds always seemed like a chore. i hated playing in them. if the whole game was in hollow bastion (loved the kh1 version, hated the kh2 one) traverse town, or the end of the world <3, i would've been happier.

with what everyone is saying about fm2, i want to play it now, ahaha.

i dont know how you get through each kh game....the main reason i tihnk most kh players like kh is because of the disney and how they incorporate it into the story and kind of deja vu feel when you play the game but add jsut a little originality to the game

silentmusic16

i dont know how you get through each kh game....the main reason i tihnk most kh players like kh is because of the disney and how they incorporate it into the story and kind of deja vu feel when you play the game but add jsut a little originality to the game

well, i do like some of them (land of dragons, wonderland, beast's castle, olympus coliseum) some of the others really annoyed me, namely atlantica, monstro, whinney the pooh, and tarzan's place. little things annoy me no matter of it's in music, movies, books, tv shows, and those worlds just really bothered me in kh1 and 2 and dragged the game down for me.

some of the worlds do give me that deja vu feeling, though, and it is very orriginal. just those certain worlds and their stories bother me alot.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well, i do like some of them (land of dragons, wonderland, beast's castle, olympus coliseum) some of the others really annoyed me, namely atlantica, monstro, whinney the pooh, and tarzan's place. little things annoy me no matter of it's in music, movies, books, tv shows, and those worlds just really bothered me in kh1 and 2 and dragged the game down for me.

some of the worlds do give me that deja vu feeling, though, and it is very orriginal. just those certain worlds and their stories bother me alot.

tarzan had potential, they made kerchak too quite, it was great to see him as a mini boss.

monstro? that one wasn't my favorite too, but it depends really, if you play it the first time you get to see more riku, so it's good. winnie the pooh? i didn't like how it started but the feeling winnie the pooh show gave me when i was little girl returned when i finished it, especially the kh2 version, but too much potential went down the drain for me to pay atttention to it

silentmusic16

tarzan had potential, they made kerchak too quite, it was great to see him as a mini boss.

monstro? that one wasn't my favorite too, but it depends really, if you play it the first time you get to see more riku, so it's good. winnie the pooh? i didn't like how it started but the feeling winnie the pooh show gave me when i was little girl returned when i finished it, especially the kh2 version, but too much potential went down the drain for me to pay atttention to it
tarzan...i don't know. i just didn't like it for some reason, and it's true, kerchak was too quiet. i didn't really like monstro because all of the rooms looked the same and i got confused, hahaha. but seeing riku alot was cool, especially with how he acted. winnie the pooh is okay, and i like seeing the characters (as i too watched the show as a kid), and i like the music, but i SUCK so hard at the mini games and so i don't like playing it. and i don't like looking for the pages either, even though you get most within the story. true, it had potential, but it was wasted. and in kh2, i hated leading the gang through the cave. it took me so long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back