• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too much KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefroggygirl

SORA, DONALD, GOOFY!

Yeah, that line I could've done without :|.

But I agree on the fact that the Organization members and Roxas should've been more involved in the story.
I was actually also hoping to see more Kairi/Riku D:

Lady-Lee

Awards
my problem with KH2 is Kairi, the story and the dialog.

The storyline had so much potential after COM that I was soo excited to play. And then i beat the game, and i was disappointed. Not so much with the game play but with the story mechanics.

1.) Atlantica/100 Acre Wood- as much as I love pooh bear and the little mermaid, i must ask WTF was the point of adding these frickin worlds into the fray. Atlantica made me want to commit Japanese ritual suicide and then some, and 100AW was just in the way.
2.) Disney&SE had the opportunity to make the Maleficient wayyy more relevant to the plot. Yes i know it sucks that she was brought back to life, but she could have been the most useful plot device in history by making SDG's lives a living hell. Instead she was just there to annoy me and bug mansex for his castle.
3.) Most of the disney worlds had little to no involvement to the storyline except for the fact that they were overrun by heartless and nobodies. Agrabah had lots of potential due to the size of the world, they couldve incorporated more story elements comfortably but they didnt. The same could be said for HT and Pridelands. However I did like the way that they used POTC.
4.) Like it has been previously stated ATLANTICA.

Kairi had no involvement in the story. Period. Sure she had a keyblade at the end of the game. Whoopdie doo, she was just there to be more filler. And im not talking bleach type filler, im talking full on inuyasha filler in my book. If they could have given her keyblade abilities earlier in the game, or made use of her PoH powers, then maybe, just maybe, she would have made me a little bit happier with the game.

Last but not least, the dialog in the game leaves you wanting more depth to the main characters. Even Xigbar's stoner-esque way of speaking was deeper the a majority of the things that came out of Sora's mouth. Saix and Xemnas were beautifully eloquent in their quest to gain mortatlity through hearts, and yet Sora always seemed to be completely lost when any other protagonist spoke.

/rant
Okay now that i got that off of my chest i feel much better.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
I don't hate it. I like it a lot, actually, despite the many faults. xD
Most of the worlds' plots had no relevency to the overall plot. Some did, but not all (and some, like Land of Dragons, didn't tied into the main plot until the second visit). But, even though those worlds lacked importance, some of them were still fun (Land of Dragons, Port Royal, Pride Lands gameplay ONLY, not plot).
Magic wasn't as needed, but some of the spells were still useful, like the defensive Fire, and the awesome Reflect. Seriously, I hope Reflect makes more comebacks, I LOVED it. xD
Playing as Roxas was only fun during SOME days. The only days he wasn't fun in was the day they had to earn munny, and the day before the Struggle tournament.
The dialogue sucked a lot, but I did like a lot of it, too. I agree with what was said earlier; Xemnas and Saix OWNED in the dialogue department.
My only MAJOR beef with KH2 was Atlantica. >.> Someone remind me why Ursula taking over Atlantica and destroying Arial and her father was a BAD thing?

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I'm okay with Kairi. She didnt really get enough screen-time to really hate.

As for Atlantica, well at least Ariel has a good voice. She wasnt unlikeable either, but it seems a bit deja-vu both to the movie and the first game. Actually, I love her human form.

Fortissimo

I like KH2 but when you think about what it could have been and look back on some of the poorer dialogue you suddenly don't like it as much. Roxas needed more involvement in the story and the org members needed to elaborated more.

That may have given Nomura an excuse to make days.

I like KhII, but it definitely lacks what the games before it had.

1.It was way too easy
2.The disney worlds we hardly important to the over all plot
3.Sora's brain deteriorating
4.It also seems a lot shorter to me, but that may be due to the difficulty level.

Other than that, I liked it and had a good time playing it.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
Why does everyone hate on KH2? I'm still on my first playthrough of the game and I love it a lot more than the first game.

Then you must love badly written storylines better than good ones. Although the Seeven Days with Roxas was actually pretty good, but after that KH2's writing and storytelling was... well... bad compared to KH1.

I like the new fighting style

So you like easier battles that all you have to do is spam X & Triangle? =/

and how the worlds are bigger and prettier :3.

They're bigger, but there's a lot less puzzles and platforming and such. Plus, KH2 Agrabah was retarded compared to KH1 Agrabah.

The only thing I find wrong with it is that Sora wakes up from a year of sleeping and acts like he just took a five minute nap. I think that the story isn't the best, but not bad enough for me to hate it D:

I actually don't hate it either, but KH-wise compared to the first two before KH2, it was pretty bad. But as a game compared to other games it's alright.

Although that bothered me, too. That's where Sora's character starts declining in KH2. It only gets worse, trust me.

So, if you're a hater, why do you hate on it?

Not really a hater, since I actually like KH2, but it's flaws are immense and some would say it's the worst game. The only worlds that connect to the plot are the original worlds, Disney worlds are side worlds, Maleficent and Pete were like the Team Rocket of KH2, there was barely any insight on the Organization, there was no Roxas battle like originally planned, the 1,000 Heartless fight got changed to being awesome to being "This is just two types of Heartless. Booooooo," and not to mention the cut of KING form of Mansex which was friggin' epic.

Oh, and Kairi's character also became worse for me. If I was ever to like Kairi, they'd have to do a reversal of what they did in KH2. Her character just is unconnected, gets kidnapped a total of two or three times and combined that to the total in KH1 and it's like five or four now. Plus, the Rikunort handing her his blade to use scene was retarded since it still hasn't been explained.

KH2 was were all the plotholes really began, from what I can tell. And where games like Days, Coded, BbS and even some of the newer games had to fix the problems, and not all of them have been fixed yet.

Plus, the repetition of the "Sora, Donald and Goofy" line was just overkill.

bluefroggygirl

So you like easier battles that all you have to do is spam X & Triangle? =/

]In the first game, all I did was spam x, at least triangle was added in this game Dx?

I actually don't hate it either, but KH-wise compared to the first two before KH2, it was pretty bad. But as a game compared to other games it's alright.

I definitely thought KH2 was better than CoM. CoM is only good when you were communicating with the Organization, I got sooo bored of the repeated worlds x.x

Although that bothered me, too. That's where Sora's character starts declining in KH2. It only gets worse, trust me.

Sora seemed to have gotten dumber while asleep, but I guess that's just Sora, isn't it?

Maleficent and Pete were like the Team Rocket of KH2

LOL <3

there was barely any insight on the Organization, there was no Roxas battle like originally planned, the 1,000 Heartless fight got changed to being awesome to being "This is just two types of Heartless. Booooooo,"

Yeah, I guess this is true. As I actually started to play KH2 for the first time instead of skimming through playthroughs on Youtube, I seriously thought that I'd see so much more of the Organization. But, I guess not... And like, Demyx is in two scenes. Judging from his fanbase, I would've guessed that he would've been in like, 3924032 cutscenes D:

In my head, I thought the 1000 heartless fight was going to be something where I keep dying and keep thanking the scene skip button, but there were two heartless and it was the easiest thing ever. That was definitely something that was really stupid about KH2.

Oh, and Kairi's character also became worse for me. If I was ever to like Kairi, they'd have to do a reversal of what they did in KH2. Her character just is unconnected, gets kidnapped a total of two or three times and combined that to the total in KH1 and it's like five or four now.

I'm thinking that Kairi became just as dumb as Sora. Especially when she was getting dragged away from Axel, all she did was like... yell? >.>

Even though I like Kairi, I agree with you that she was just randomly in there.

Plus, the repetition of the "Sora, Donald and Goofy" line was just overkill.

oh god. x.x

So, anywho, I guess now that everyone has shared their thoughts, I see why KH2 isn't everyone's favourite.

Well, look on the bright side, with the plotholes that were created in KH2 we get BBS as a result :D!

Reconnection

Website
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards
That's just Sora, he's... "special". XD

No, that's KH2 Sora. KH1 and CoM Sora never acted like retards, nor did his counterparts Roxas and Xion, so why should KH2 Sora become a bad rip-off of Goku?

Gram

Banned
Awards
No, that's KH2 Sora. KH1 and CoM Sora never acted like retards, nor did his counterparts Roxas and Xion, so why should KH2 Sora become a bad rip-off of Goku?
XD
behold my new sig x3

What? You didn't like "I bet you're trying to confuse me by saying really random stuff!" when Sora first met Demyx. XDD

But I still liked KH2, It was easier than KH, but a hell of a lot more fun. :]
which was one of its many problems -_-

bluefroggygirl

Which is ironic when you think about it. Most people expected based off the secret ending for it to be dark. And yet it wasn't as dark as KH1, which compared to "dark" games isn't even that dark.

Yeah, that's true too. After seeing Another Side, Another Story, I thought that the game would've been so much more darker than the first one.

But happiness and brightness is always good too >:D!

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I love the game, and Im not going to type what's been said a million times in EVERY thread in the forum and instead say this:

1. There wasn't much relevance in the Disney worlds in KH2. There wasnt a whole lot in KH1, either, but at least the Organization has its moments in there. I know, I know.

2.Maleficen/Pete subplot. Not the best thing, but probably a massive setup for something big in KH3. Before you all bring up more of the same, you have no proof of what it is I think your gonna say.

3. Xion. Unessesary, but not a bad plot at all. KH has a lot of possibilities, and not all of them are gonna be pre-planned. I STILL think it's too early to tell about some of these.

4. Riku: Sora, why r u dumb in KHIII

Sora: I'd like to see you split yourself in half and then wait for the effects to sink in, and we'll see if you're so smart then.

Chrono Mizaki

Banned
I think the hate is deserving. Like it all you want, but there's so many things wrong that I absolutely hate Kingdom Hearts II, with all my might. I put the enjoyable and masterpiece that is KH2 in the same breath as Barney is not a paedophile and is actually a good influence on the children he's surrounded with A-Level Education.

Allister Rose

French Lover
problem with kh2 is it didn't have enough metaphor or symbolism in it, too straight forward, not enough feeling and 'real' emotion.

i blame disney for the poor voice acting, and SE for rushing it, and nomura for even though it looked like it had potential i can see some areas in the story were completely meaningless.

the only thing i do like about kh2 is some of the mini-games and sountrack, and the new style it took. but where it really matters, thats where it is hated for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back