• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too much KH2 hate?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluefroggygirl

Why does everyone hate on KH2? I'm still on my first playthrough of the game and I love it a lot more than the first game. I like the new fighting style and how the worlds are bigger and prettier :3.

The only thing I find wrong with it is that Sora wakes up from a year of sleeping and acts like he just took a five minute nap. I think that the story isn't the best, but not bad enough for me to hate it D:

So, if you're a hater, why do you hate on it?

A

Azrael

Because the story had the potential to be great but it ended up being executed poorly. And the dialogue was just bleh

Gram

Banned
Awards
i dont hate it, just some things about it piss me off.
like maleficent returing or the drive forms, tho honsetly if it werent 4 kh2fim+ i wouldve been a hater.

the final mix redeemed it in ssssssoooooooo many ways.

State

Awards
You can't deny that the script for the antagonists was better than the protagonists'.

A

Azrael

i dont hate it, just some things about it piss me off.
like maleficent returing or the drive forms, tho honsetly if it werent 4 kh2fim+ i wouldve been a hater.

the final mix redeemed it in ssssssoooooooo many ways.

Technically KHII2's FM was what KHII should've been at the very least. It's an vast improvement but it's no good considering that it needed so many improvements.

D

Deleted member 71005

I like KH2 but when you think about what it could have been and look back on some of the poorer dialogue you suddenly don't like it as much. Roxas needed more involvement in the story and the org members needed to elaborated more.

Izayoi

galactic cancer
Actually, I think most people love it, but just tend to rant about it. XD

Not at all.

Gameplay was made so that you could spam the easier controls and magic, Drives, and Limits to breeze through everything. Proud mode was a joke and the final boss was easier than a handful before him. The writing was just wierd in places as well, outside of being awkward, and then you have the worlds that didn't tie in with the plot, were forgettable, badly designed (platformer -> action), and served as filler in the second half of the game.

etc

SilverJ-17

spams bombs, not posts
Awards
Why does everyone hate on KH2? I'm still on my first playthrough of the game and I love it a lot more than the first game. I like the new fighting style and how the worlds are bigger and prettier :3.

The only thing I find wrong with it is that Sora wakes up from a year of sleeping and acts like he just took a five minute nap. I think that the story isn't the best, but not bad enough for me to hate it D:

So, if you're a hater, why do you hate on it?

I don't exactly hate it. I just don't like it nearly as much as the first game or even Re: CoM. Some (five) of my reasons are..

1. The overall story's fairly weak and loosely held together. The first game's story was done much better.

2. The worlds, for the most part, range from kind of relevant to pretty irrelevant to the overall plot, especially Atlantica.

3. Atlantica

4. The musical "boss" battle with Ursula.. in Atlantica.

5. The game-play generally boils down to X and Triangle, now with more regular attacks, as magic is fairly useless/ irrelevant. Well.. I found much more of a reason to use it in KH1 than KH2, where only Cure and Reflect have any importance.

Actually, let's review the spells.. shall we.. Thunder seemed a bit weak. Blizzard is a bit umm.. meh.. Magnet is more for fun/ bating the "Imma chargin' mai lazor, Imma firin' mai lazor" part of the final boss battle. I don't see much point in fire either. Actually, I miss the projectile version of it, which I generally either shot like a shotgun (killing blast on a weakened heartless) or machine gun (spamming it)... and just where are Gravity, Aero, and Stop? I liked all three of them.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Technically KHII2's FM was what KHII should've been at the very least. It's an vast improvement but it's no good considering that it needed so many improvements.
sad but true...........

still its cause of fm that i can even stand to look at kh2.

EDIT: damn them(disney/SE) 4 rushing nomura s1worstbirthdayever

D

Deleted member 71005

Xemnas and Saix owned in the dialogue department, I just wanted more dialogue from the other org members. Demyx, Xaldin and Luxord felt like afterthoughts and Xigbar definitely needed more screen time. Sora definitely needed stronger dialogue, and it would've been nice to see more scenes with what Riku was doing at the time. As for Kairi, I don't no where to start with that train wreck.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
And even with Xemnas and Saïx's long ass monologues, they still could've been replaced with fighting.

Anyway, I don't hate KH2 at all. I prefer its storyline over Days, despite its poor writing/dialog. At the very least, it was actually interesting, and it had lots of action. The gameplay was easy, but it was really fun. If the difficulty was harder, and it didn't just consist of button mashing, then I think the gameplay would be so much better. KH2 had good concepts, they were just portrayed poorly, that's all. Not to mention it was rushed. (KH2FM proves that if it wasn't rushed, then the end result would've been amazing)/

State

Awards
There's also how the 1k Heartless battle was more... "varied".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back