• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Too easy?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qarx

Proud Mode, Expert Mode, it doesn't make much of a difference. KH1 was kind of a challenge, but KH2 was made out to be more... easy. The Reaction Commands were innovative, but it made killing enemies all too easy. Hit triangle and you either defeat an enemy or paralyze it. Or maybe it would neutrolize(sp) an attack, making "Guard" almost unessesary. The timing window was huge (except for Xaldin and his Nobodies) and you only had to press one button, ussually once. Anyone else feel Reaction Commands made the game far too easy?
Not to mention Atlantica. Ugh. Too easy, no way to fail if you give up after you get the minimal amount you need (except for ONE song) and the songs were horrible. Anyone who plays a rythym game before knows how easy it is compared to Max 300 or Jordan (you know what I'm talking about) It was even easier than Closer (GH3), implying this world should not have been in KH2.
The Pridelands and Atlantica were not required, but if you wanted the spells, abilities, and items there, you had to go back. Holloweentown was also not required, unless you want to get to The World That Never Was.
But I digress. This game was fun, though somewhat repeditive (SORA DONALD GOOFY!!!) and easy, save for some enemies.
It is my hope no one flames me for this. (Sorry if it has been said)

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Okay you've stated your opinion. So whats this thread about?

LiD

Wrong Section..i don't see anything with the future of KH here..
so you need a point..you don't have one..

Qarx

Oops forgot a point.
Here it is: Are the upcoming KH games going to be this easy, or are they going to be harder? Or are they going to be EASIER?
EDIT: oops this is in KH2, not Upcoming...

Sacred X

Freshmeat
I'm hoping they make it harder, or at least give reaction commands some kind of a gamble. I know Xemnas' reaction command can result in you damaging yourself, and the Samurai Nobody reaction command was also fair. Just about every other one was too easy. Just button mash X and Triangle and you can win. Hopefully they'll make it harder somehow.

Qarx

I'm hoping they make it harder, or at least give reaction commands some kind of a gamble. I know Xemnas' reaction command can result in you damaging yourself, and the Samurai Nobody reaction command was also fair. Just about every other one was too easy. Just button mash X and Triangle and you can win. Hopefully they'll make it harder somehow.
You forget Demyx's Reaction Command hurt you as well (if you are behind him during a certain attack, the RC "Stage Stealer" or whatever they called it, Demyx would play like crazy, then Sora would tap on his shoulder, and Demyx would stop, and then stab Sora with the sharp end of his Sitar) I never could tell if this had another RC after it, or if it had another benefit to it, or if it just plain hurt Sora. How pointless if that's true!

Byronic Cynicism

I hope in the upcoming games it will be more challenging.

As do I.

I enjoyed the original because it managed to retain a sense of challenge and difficulty, an area in which KHII was severely lacking.

So I sincerely hope the new KH titles have a much greater sense of challenge and difficulty than that of KHII

Last edited:

GateOfAvalon

Yes, I believe that KH2 was a little bit too easy, even on the hardest mode. But rather then playing for the gamplay itself, I play for the storyline, so I don't mind it as much as the rest of you would.

Sacred X

Freshmeat
You forget Demyx's Reaction Command hurt you as well (if you are behind him during a certain attack, the RC "Stage Stealer" or whatever they called it, Demyx would play like crazy, then Sora would tap on his shoulder, and Demyx would stop, and then stab Sora with the sharp end of his Sitar) I never could tell if this had another RC after it, or if it had another benefit to it, or if it just plain hurt Sora. How pointless if that's true!

No, it didn't hurt you. If you used it, it hurt Demyx. If he said "Ain't it a blast", which activates the reaction command, and you instead attack him, it'll cut to that scene with Sora tapping on Demyx.

Understand?

Basically:
If you use the reaction command, you hurt him.
If you attack him instead of use it, you get hurt.

paoupu girl

All this violence makes a statement
I hope they make it harder.
KH2 was really easy. and I remember when I couldn't even beat Twilight Town lol (but I was really little then and I wasn't used to mah PS2)

Macabre

Gold Member
Yes, KH2 was too easy.
Even on Proud Mode.

And I also agree that the Reaction Commands made the game easy.

KH1 however gave some challenge to the players.

I hope the future games are more difficult and will give more challenge to players.

Last edited:

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
yeah KH2 was too easy. BBS should be a little harder since its aimed at older audiences. Plus people who played as Ven at the DSigmaXIII.......whatever it was called, said that the game was harder and called for them to use more stratgy. Rather than just button mashing like KH2.

Macabre

Gold Member
yeah KH2 was too easy. BBS should be a little harder since its aimed at older audiences. Plus people who played as Ven at the DSigmaXIII.......whatever it was called, said that the game was harder and called for them to use more stratgy. Rather than just button mashing like KH2.

Didn't they say that when playing as Ven, there were platforming elements and those were difficult?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back