• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Tonsiliths

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
Loads of people have it done and experience no symptoms. My mum had her tonsils removed a few years back, and she's had no throat infections (or if she did, her remnant immunity was enough for complete neutralization).

But as always, check with your doctor before you go through with the decision. Remember, though, pointless surgeries are pointless, so if you can go without, do.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
>Tonsiliths

Why are there no giant stone teeth in this thread.

Awards
Well the tonsil stones that keep appearing every couple of days have been driving me nuts, but since my tonsils are not inflamed i will seek another method

I've known tonsillectomies to be performed because of recurrent tonsil stones before. Like any form of surgical intervention, it's usually reserved as a last resort, but don't necessarily rule it out as a treatment option.

Btw, your tonsils are basically vestigial organs -- you really don't need them for anything.

Disclaimer: I work in surgery.

Urbane

Who in face are you?!
Ek-Balam-Mayan-Carvings-j352094356.jpg

's some giant stone jaguar teeth.

i think thank yous are in order.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm considering a tonsillectomy, not only because it causes bad breath but also because i keep getting these annoying tonsil stone at the back of my throat.

The only fear i have is that my throat will become horribly infected because the tonsils are used to help fight illness
Well, the surgery is difficult the older you get. I was 9 when I had my tonsils removed, and it was very painful.
You heal slowly, but just take your meds/follow procedure and it all works out.
I really have never had infection without my tonsils in the past 11 years; they don't really do anything.

If you feel that what you're developing is too much of an inconvenience then you should consult your doctor for the next steps to take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back