• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Tomorrowland - "You Wanna Go?"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
[video=youtube;1k59gXTWf-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k59gXTWf-A[/video]​

Disney's Tomorrowland comes to theaters May 22, 2015!

From Disney comes two-time Oscar® winner Brad Bird’s “Tomorrowland,” a riveting mystery adventure starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney. Bound by a shared destiny, former boy-genius Frank (Clooney), jaded by disillusionment, and Casey (Britt Robertson), a bright, optimistic teen bursting with scientific curiosity, embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space known only as “Tomorrowland.” What they must do there changes the world—and them—forever.

Featuring a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen, “Tomorrowland” promises to take audiences on a thrill ride of nonstop adventures through new dimensions that have only been dreamed of.

The film also stars Hugh Laurie as brilliant scientist David Nix, Raffey Cassidy, Tim McGraw, Judy Greer, Kathryn Hahn, Keegan-Michael Key and Thomas Robinson.

“Tomorrowland” is produced by Damon Lindelof, Brad Bird and Jeffrey Chernov and directed by Brad Bird, with John Walker, Brigham Taylor, Jeff Jensen and Bernard Bellew serving as executive producers.

Follow Disney's Tomorrowland on Facebook

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Cautiously optimistic. Cautiously. I like some names, but not all of them are a guarantee for success.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
Ahh I thought this was Tomorrowland the concert. Still looks cool though!

Also, Clooney has the same attitude in every movie lmao. Yeah man, let's go

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
We already had a thread for this, but whatever.

Great trailer. That shot of tomorrowland in the distance was my favorite part. Cant wait

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Seems very interesting...but Brad Bird is directing and he can kinda do no wrong... I'll keep it on my radar since we have a teaser now

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I wonder if it will talk about.... (hear those sound effects)

[video=youtube;WMMiZFPYg6M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMMiZFPYg6M[/video]

Forever Atlas

The World Rests On Me
Awards
Britt Robertson is a pretty crappie actress. The teaser seemed cool but having her as the lead does not build confidence in this movie for me. Hopefully the Clooney inclusion will offset that imbalance.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Just finished watching the movie. I'm so surprised how it wasn't successful. I definitely enjoyed it. Wasn't what I expected; wished it had more elements from the actual Tomorrowland. Overall, the movie had me excited. For a Disney movie, it deserved a lot more.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Personally, I thought the movie was just "meh". They didn't spend enough time in the actual Tomorrowland. As for why it did so poorly at the box office, it may have been because the premise didn't look that interesting to the general public.

Plus given their track record with their other live action films such as John Carter and Lone Ranger, this movie bombing is hardly surprising

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Personally, I thought the movie was just "meh". They didn't spend enough time in the actual Tomorrowland. As for why it did so poorly at the box office, it may have been because the premise didn't look that interesting to the general public.

Plus given their track record with their other live action films such as John Carter and Lone Ranger, this movie bombing is hardly surprising

If the movie didn't bombed. I believe there could've been room for a sequel and all sorts of things. The story definitely felt fresh and it was fun. More emphasis should have been used to attract more evidence of the actual Tomorrowland though. Space Mountain was in the movie...lol; just the dome though : /

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
This movie made four times its budget though, it's annoying how that isn't seen as a success anymore.

inb4 obvious marketing costs factoring in

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
This movie made four times its budget though, it's annoying how that isn't seen as a success anymore.

inb4 obvious marketing costs factoring in

It did? The movie cost 190 million and only brought in 208 at the box office. That isnt a success

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
It'd have been nice if they showed the inside of Space Mountain. The dome was every where in the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back