• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Tokyo Ghoul :re - Reflection of a mirror

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Sitting alone in the Chetau. Rest of the squad has important matters to do at the HQ, so I am alone finishing up a report. Annual meeting with Dr.Chiba who monitors the Quinx Squad`s Rc-levels is also coming up soon.

“I wonder if he has noticed it yet…?”

As the stress about the upcoming monitor visit starts to take hold of me, I notice that I am rattling my fingers in a certain manner. For some reason it gives me a very nauseous feeling, but I am not sure why. There is something familiar with it.

…

I shake as I vomit in the bathroom. I remembered why that finger moment was familiar: it started after the island, after being trapped with him. I get up to wash my face with cold water, maybe it calms me down and washes away the horrible smell. As I splash water to my face and stare at the mirror directly in front of me, I freeze as I see that the reflection: it`s not me, instead it`s him!

“I told you we had similar eyes, the same look. Don`t try to deny it, Tooru.”

He utter these words, both kakugans flashing red like blood that has been set on fire, smiling pleasantly. I smash the mirror with my fist, again, again, again and again… with that Torso is gone and the mirror is broken. Between the fractures I see my revolting face, sweaty, trying to gasp for air. Even my kakugan is active, acting as an everlasting reminder of my nature. With a weak voice I whisper to myself:

“I am no….”

As the words come out I know they are not true, I stopped lying to myself long ago. I am murderer, a ghoul, someone who dosen`t deserve to live. I collapse to the floor, holding my head as I start to laugh.

“Does it feel like this to go mad?”

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Poor Tooru. :c To feel guilty and crazy at the same wouldn't be pleasant at all, I imagine. I haven't read the manga of Tokyo Ghoul, but I have watched some of the anime. You write his character incredibly well. The part about hitting the mirror over and over show tremendous emotion and impact for the story thus far. Especially when he's conflicted with himself and things he's done. I wonder what will happen next? Or if there'll be more? xD

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Poor Tooru. :c To feel guilty and crazy at the same wouldn't be pleasant at all, I imagine. I haven't read the manga of Tokyo Ghoul, but I have watched some of the anime. You write his character incredibly well. The part about hitting the mirror over and over show tremendous emotion and impact for the story thus far. Especially when he's conflicted with himself and things he's done. I wonder what will happen next? Or if there'll be more? xD

Thank you for you`r kind comments Cinder.

I struggled a bit to write this because I was not sure if I would get Tooru`s character right. There has been a time skip after the island and Tooru`s inner thoughts have been kept hidden at this point. Only small fragments of his current mentality have been given, but I thought he might be struggling like this. Also I haven`t written a proper story of any kind in probably.... 10 years.

I have a few other ideas so I am probably going to see how they turn out, and if I they`r good I`ll post them here.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Thank you for you`r kind comments Cinder.

I struggled a bit to write this because I was not sure if I would get Tooru`s character right. There has been a time skip after the island and Tooru`s inner thoughts have been kept hidden at this point. Only small fragments of his current mentality have been given, but I thought he might be struggling like this. Also I haven`t written a proper story of any kind in probably.... 10 years.

I have a few other ideas so I am probably going to see how they turn out, and if I they`r good I`ll post them here.

You're welcome, hemmoheikkinen! :D

I understand! It's hard to work on a character that doesn't show too much of what's going on with them.

Even if it's been 10 years, I still say this was a really great start! And if you do work on any more stories, I'd love to read them too!

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards
Sooooo.... okay, I was supposed to write this months ago but I was too lazy, and I apologize deeply for that.

Even thou I am not the greatest of writers, I would like to keep the characters as close as possible to how they have been portrayed in the original work. After chapter 114 of :re, it has become very hard for me to grasp Tooru´s behavioral patterns, let alone trying to predict what he does in the future. So most of the ideas I had relating to him that I wanted to write about basically went down to the trash can.

I apologize to those few who were looking forward for more stuff, but at the moment I am unable to create anything interesting. :(

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I completely understand how you feel about wanting to keep faith to the character's personality, feelings, and ect. So don't worry about it! And you're still a great writer! I still really enjoyed what you wrote before about Tooru!

And speaking of Tokyo Ghoul, I'll probably trying reading it soon. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back