• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tokyo Game Show: Kingdom Hearts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypoxium

stuff
Awards
2a5iws7.png

Tokyo Game Show 2009 has officially begun! All news and information on the event will be covered here. If you find anything that we haven't covered, please post it in this thread. If you spam, your post will likely be deleted.

It appears that summoning will be a feature in Birth by Sleep, with the image showing off Ven summoning Stitch in what looks to be Castle of Dreams.​
The Japanese blog, FF-Reunion, is reporting that Birth by Sleep will be released in Japan in
January 2010!

Thanks to peachie on the forums for letting us know!

Source:
FF-Reunion Blog Archive KHBbS????2010?1??XIII???????????

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Trailer Report

The new trailer starts out with a scene where Aqua, one of the three protagonists, is making a charm that looks like it’s made from a sarasa shell, and gives it to Terra and Ven. Then it shows a new character which looks very samurai-like. We see Terra and Ven taking a “Master Test”, are they taking a test to become Masters? Master Xehanort is there as a “guest”. We see a scene where he is telling something to Terra. At this point in time it seems that he is respected by everyone.

(image of Master Xehanort)
This is the Master Xehanort we’ve seen before. He seems to be a be crazy here.

Now there is a montage of scenes, where we see what definitely looks like a board game. Cinderella throws some dice and we see it roll across the board. Nomura has mentioned before that “The growth system will be very strange, something like a minigame...” so perhaps this is it!? We see Vexen in a white coat with Xaldin and Lexaeus in guard type uniforms. These look like scenes from the Organization XIII member’s human lives.

In the SE booth there are also videos of multiplayer, as well as scenes from Neverland and Castle of Dreams.

(montage of various in game images)
You can see playing multiplayer with three people. In Neverland, we can see differences from what we’ve seen in the series to date.

We also get to hear the voice of the masked Keyblade wielder that we’ve seen before with Master Xehanort. We also see Ven becoming armored and riding something that looks like the Keyblade from KHII FM “tamarishi shinen” [don’t know English name, if there is one.] and riding in space with Stitch. There were a lot of very surprising scenes. At the very end it shows the release date as January 2010.

(image of Master Xehanort’s disciple)
A strange person wearing something like looks like a bike suit. The voice sounded male...

At the Keyblade graveyard Xehanort faces off with Terra, Aqua, and Ven. The word “Keyblade wars” comes up.​

We have our first glimpse at some Birth by Sleep footage, several clips of the game being shown in the PSP Games Showcase. Seen are clips similar to the scenes from the Kingdom Hearts II secret endings as well as some battle clips.​

Images of two new Kingdom Hearts II Play Arts figures from TGS have surfaced, one figure being Sora in his Christmas Town outfit, the other being King Mickey in his Kingdom Hearts II outfit.​

Square Enix has announced that a second Kingdom Hearts Piano Music Collection album is now in preparation!

The only currently known track that will be featured on the album is Sinister Sundown. Thanks to forum member LadyShadowAngel, who found the information at FF-Reunion.​

TerraFTW!

Re: Summoning in Birth by Sleep

It looks more like a limit than a summon. Although the background I can't really tell, but it looks like a Castler wall or something. So its probably summoning.

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

...Why am I not surprised Stitch is a summon once again?

i keep getting more and more pumped for this game.

i might explode from anticipation.

XYZ

It looks more like a limit than a summon. Although the background I can't really tell, but it looks like a Castler wall or something. So its probably summoning.
I agree. Although Summons can unleash limits, isn't Stitch a party member?

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards

Wow. It looks a bit like the KHII version of him... but more fun. :3

He does have any HP, and Ven is in Castle of Dreams. So, that's why Stitch is a summon in this instance.

XYZ

Wow. It looks a bit like the KHII version of him... but more fun. :3

He does have any HP, and Ven is in Castle of Dreams. So, that's why Stitch is a summon in this instance.
Oh, I figured that was in Deep Space..I really can't tell where that is from the image. But you are right about the lack of Stitch's HP gauge. And it's not in its little red clothes.

Last edited:

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
Re: TGS: BBS Release Date

I was worried they might say spring 2010 but as long as they keep it for January I am fine.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Well I am going to spoil myself but I will wait to buy the english version before actually playing it. I will watch videos on youtube.

fuck yea seaking.

the american date should only be like 3-4 months after that.

Awards

We've only seen him as a party member for Aqua. Maybe he's a party member for Aqua and a summon for Ven. Or maybe he's only a temporary party member for all of them, and then he becomes a summon. My guess is, after you complete the story part of the world, he won't be available as a party member like the others are in KH1 or 2. He could just be a party member for certain parts in the world, and after u beat it, he'll be a summon.

Abbot

Anyone else notice that his name is now Stitch, and that the guitar bar at the bottom features green? As in, Hawaii?

Also, to anyone saying "but stitch is a party member!"

He is, in Aqua's storyline. Ven obviously visits last. So, in Ven's storyline, Stitch is a summon. Plus, as more proof, at the top of the Command Bar, it shows a little picture of Deep Space. To associate what world Stitch is from. :/

Also, how does he have a ukulele if he hasn't gone to Hawaii? ._. ...Unless he does. D:

Awards

Hey, I honestly thought it was gonna get a X-mas release date in Japan but January is cool to

Yeah, but Nomura did say that FFXIII was gonna be released before BBS, and since that's released on December 17th, it's obvious that he didn't mean a couple days after FFXIII. But, at least it's only a month.

Radon

mofo
Maybe just for fun. I gotta feeling Ven will give him the name Stitch. I just have a hunch.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

Anyone else notice that his name is now Stitch, and that the guitar bar at the bottom features green? As in, Hawaii?

Also, to anyone saying "but stitch is a party member!"

He is, in Aqua's storyline. Ven obviously visits last. So, in Ven's storyline, Stitch is a summon. Plus, as more proof, at the top of the Command Bar, it shows a little picture of Deep Space. To associate what world Stitch is from. :/

Also, how does he have a ukulele if he hasn't gone to Hawaii? ._. ...Unless he does. D:

Could be a non canon type of thing with the ukulele.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back