• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tokyo Game Show and Jump Festa

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
TGS 2015 is coming up in a couple of weeks and Jump Festa 2016 in December. Although nothing is slated for KH3 in these events, do you think we might get at least a world reveal? Are SE likely to pull surprises like that?

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Depends how far along in development they are, they've said some stuff almost hinting at a 2016 or early 2017 release date, they've also said that KHIII will feature more worlds then any previous game, I can see them revealing one world at each even really so I wouldn't be surprised.
I wouldn't get my hopes up but I wouldn't be surprised.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
Maybe this will be the year ;)

Since they haven't said that KH3 will even be at TGS, but they've made a huge deal about the D23 event that's only a month after it, I'm actually assuming that KH3 won't have much of a presence there. I think that Square may have other things they'd rather show off and KH3 will have enough going on in October.

Jump Festa though? Who knows.

Knuxpyro56

It all depends on development of the game. If they are getting far to announce something then they should do it. Other wise its not that big of a deal.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
They're far more likely to be pushing KHU at that time then revealing KH3 stuff. They're definitely planning a lot for D23. I think that's really going to be The Event for the rest of the year. A smaller world announcement is possible of course, but, it seems unlikely.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe just gameplay footage in the announced worlds? Or maybe Rapunzel gameplay?

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
If anything, there'll be some press for Unchained Chi. Wishful thinking wise, maybe they'll pull a 1.5 and reveal Dream Drop Distance HD or some PS4 ReMIX's out of left field, but with Nomura saying that the PS4 ports aren't planned to happen and D23 having just happened, and FFXV taking up presence at TGS, I think it's safe to say that Kingdom Hearts as a whole will have slim to no presence as TGS, and definitely not KH3.

Anagram

Banned
If anything, there'll be some press for Unchained Chi. Wishful thinking wise, maybe they'll pull a 1.5 and reveal Dream Drop Distance HD or some PS4 ReMIX's out of left field, but with Nomura saying that the PS4 ports aren't planned to happen and D23 having just happened, and FFXV taking up presence at TGS, I think it's safe to say that Kingdom Hearts as a whole will have slim to no presence as TGS, and definitely not KH3.
That'd be the dream. I'd even take digital only so long as it was available for PS4.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
That'd be the dream. I'd even take digital only so long as it was available for PS4.

I really don't think it's unlikely to happen, just maybe not at TGS. It's weird that they went and gave the PS4 facelift to FFX/X2 without much request from fans, so I don't see why they wouldn't capitalize on the chance to do the same for 1.5 and 2.5, especially since it has a decent amount of fan request. My hope is that when Nomura says they have no plans for it, he really means "We're working on it, but I can't say anything until Square decides it's time to formally announce it" much like they did with 2.5 and how Tai Yasue was like "We might do 2.5 if 1.5 sells well" and then 3 weeks later 2.5 was announced and they revealed they had always planned to do it from the beginning.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Really hoping for a full remaster of DDD for PS4, but we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be opposed to a cutscene collection bundled with KH3, but that just wouldn't be the same, honestly. Especially since DDD runs on the same engine as BBS, so it's not like Days and Coded where it literally cannot be remastered at all.

Awards
Really hoping for a full remaster of DDD for PS4, but we'll have to wait and see. I wouldn't be opposed to a cutscene collection bundled with KH3, but that just wouldn't be the same, honestly. Especially since DDD runs on the same engine as BBS, so it's not like Days and Coded where it literally cannot be remastered at all.

I'm not very familiar with the Dualshock 4 and its touchpad, but I think it's more to do with mapping the controls than with the engine its run on.

Also why would they remaster a game that's already in HD? :/ It makes no sense to me. DDD is fine the way it is, unless they want to have a cutscene movie which sort of already exist on YouTube in low quality.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
IAlso why would they remaster a game that's already in HD? :/ It makes no sense to me. DDD is fine the way it is
Because DDD is not in HD? At least not the way it is typically meant in this context. Also, the biggest reason isn't HD, it's actually having all the KH titles available on one platform. That's why the originals were remastered to begin with.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I'm not very familiar with the Dualshock 4 and its touchpad, but I think it's more to do with mapping the controls than with the engine its run on.

Also why would they remaster a game that's already in HD? :/ It makes no sense to me. DDD is fine the way it is, unless they want to have a cutscene movie which sort of already exist on YouTube in low quality.

DDD isn't in HD, not even close. It's barely 480p. Even with a 3DS capture card, it's jaggy and pixelated as all hell. It could use a nice new visual coat of paint, and if the credits of 2.5 are anything to go off of, they already are since the scenes of DDD in the 2.5 credits were in full HD.

Awards
Because DDD is not in HD? At least not the way it is typically meant in this context. Also, the biggest reason isn't HD, it's actually having all the KH titles available on one platform. That's why the originals were remastered to begin with.

Well I'd say needing a PS3 + 3DS isn't asking for too much really, opposed to what was needed before the release of the remasters. I wouldn't put it past Square to have something up their sleeves though.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
i'm expecting them to be annoucemd anything unless it the plan to have sometihng for people who hasn't play the remix and want to jump in kh3 but i think anything the kingdom hearts fan event in november is the best best for news

Antar

Awards
...so it's not like Days and Coded where it literally cannot be remastered at all.

Days could have had a remake, though. Almost all of the resources could be used from the other KH games and since the bottom screen of the DS wasn't essential to the game, there wouldn't have been that many issues. It's a shame they didn't have time for the remake.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Days could have had a remake, though. Almost all of the resources could be used from the other KH games and since the bottom screen of the DS wasn't essential to the game, there wouldn't have been that many issues. It's a shame they didn't have time for the remake.
It still would have taken a considerable amount of time to develop.

(and the real shame was that days was ever made)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back