• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

To all the girls/women on this forum...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
Very understandable. :p

I only dislike people who take those stereotypes and place the labels on themselves. No matter what the label is, they're all only doing it in a quest for attention, and angering me even more is that they are getting that attention.

Roxas' Star09

You're correct sir, very correct. Anything will be done to climb up on the "social ladder" to be the center of attention.

I dare to be different, I don't care about socail status or attention...I actually get stiff at too much attention...I'm shy and I hate a whole gang of people who I'm not familar with around me. This is also why I don't have many friends x3

Moogle of Mayhem

I despise the "gangster attitude." I don't see how any self-respecting woman could possibly find it attractive. The 3 most important things are RESPECT, LOYALTY, and EQUALITY... and the "gangster" thing doesn't include any of those. They mistreat women to a ridiculous extent and think that they are God's gift to the world!
I don't have too much of a problem with the clothing.. except the fact that they can't keep their pants on... and i don't care for rap music unless it actually has MUSIC in it and some sort of meaning or humor... not unnecessary swearing... (I prefer the goth/punk look for guys... black is a simple yet appealing color... and i am particularly fond of punk rock...)
The worst part of the "gangster" image is the stereotypes it placed on the African-American community. They are, unfortunately, forever stereotyped by this and people will likely treat them as "gangsters" even if they have nothing to do with rap music, they respect women, and don't end every word with "-izzle." Its unfair to them and is a problem that probably won't go away any time soon.

Roxas' Star09

I despise the "gangster attitude." I don't see how any self-respecting woman could possibly find it attractive. The 3 most important things are RESPECT, LOYALTY, and EQUALITY... and the "gangster" thing doesn't include any of those. They mistreat women to a ridiculous extent and think that they are God's gift to the world!
I don't have too much of a problem with the clothing.. except the fact that they can't keep their pants on... and i don't care for rap music unless it actually has MUSIC in it and some sort of meaning or humor... not unnecessary swearing... (I prefer the goth/punk look for guys... black is a simple yet appealing color... and i am particularly fond of punk rock...)
The worst part of the "gangster" image is the stereotypes it placed on the African-American community. They are, unfortunately, forever stereotyped by this and people will likely treat them as "gangsters" even if they have nothing to do with rap music, they respect women, and don't end every word with "-izzle." Its unfair to them and is a problem that probably won't go away any time soon.

Yeah, that too. I'm African American and I don't like gangster crap at all. I see pants worn low all the time. The get so low you could easily see the boy's underwear, I'll never know why they wear their pants like that...

Souretsu Gear

Nostalgia Tripping
Yeah, that too. I'm African American and I don't like gangster crap at all. I see pants worn low all the time. The get so low you could easily see the boy's underwear, I'll never know why they wear their pants like that...

Did you know the "wear your pant low" fad started in jails? Men in the jails got so bored, that they wore there pants down low so other men can...you know what I mean do you? How do I know? My parent works in the government and heard from their other workers.

Roxas' Star09

Did you know the "wear your pant low" fad started in jails? Men in the jails got so bored, that they wore there pants down low so other men can...you know what I mean do you? How do I know? My parent works in the government and heard from their other workers.

Oh yeah, I knew that. Teachers tell the boys that all the time. What do they do in response? Laugh and keep on wearing them like that

O_O

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
A style, you say? This gangsta thing is a big stereotype. Everyone likes to go off what people say and what they see in T.V.. Being Gangsta is not totally different from what you see on T.V. but they aren't totally the same. Now let's not get rap all down because Rock is not all different. If you actually listen to rap then you hear they are talking about the struggle of living in the ghetto and what they have because they are finally out of the ghetto. Drugs, violence, bling, and sex is what they talk about. I've heard alot of rock songs that talk about the same thing.

Not all gangstas treat females badly. Only 25% treat women badly because of what they see is cool and are basically pretending. Heck it ain't just gangstas that treat women badly. Don't try to pin that BS on gangstas. Every girl I know like a little thug in their man. I hit when people talk about gangstas and rap music. People always go off stereotypes without knowing a damn thing.

Just to let you know, I am a black/white american. I'm so freakin mad at the moment.

BTW, Loyalty and respect is the biggest part of gangstas. Equality comes in once you got that loyalty and respect.

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
The number is much bigger than 25%, RC.

However, we were addressing those who DO flow with the stereotype; not everyone.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards

Lol.

-pulls out a history book-

No one seems to listen to me when i tell you over and over about ignorance and stereotypes. 'Gangsta' is not a style, or a fad, or a label as far as im capable of deriving from the roots. Al Capone was a gangster, and he was famous for what? Organizations and movement of alcohol during the times of prohibition during the Roaring Twenties. I cant lie to you and say that he was a good influence on the generation at the time. For all i know he treated his women like dirt, no respect, yet he was respected among the italians during that time of discrimination agaisnt foreigners.

:\ i cant say i approve of the society today with the view rap being transformed into guns, weed, and slurrs. I remember sprituals, gospel, jazz, and cultivated hip-hop with an upside. You know whats funny? How fast it spreads and people seem to rip, copy, and embrace the 'gangsta act' as though its conformity. You realize no one can do anything in this world without being copied right?

Women have rights now. They have had rights since the ERA was passed, no one says you have like anything you don't want too. If you find it annoying, either ignore it or voice your opinion. I know it gets annoying but what can you really do? Tell that person to stop? You have no control on what another person says or does as apart of free will. Thats the reason america exist today, b/c they were defiant against Britan and sought their own freedom and sense of individuality. Things shouldn't be put in black and white, once again you have a double standard which inevitabley will cancel the good out with the bad.

-Some women like gangsters
-Some women hate gangsters

o_O opinions are important, but if its not even up to political standards to where America is effected as a whole, its considered minor often then not. Is being surrounded by this type of society affecting you? (Besides being annoyed) Are you going to change b/c of that? (By this are you going to do something about it)

-closes history book-

<.Yondaime.>

Kiss Of Death

In Ville Valo's closet along with the other homele
I wish to ask you a question.

How many of you actually like the "gangsta" style, personality, attitude and so forth? Do you find it attractive? Why?

As a bisexual male, I can say I do not find it attractive. I personally find it annoying, rude, obnoxious, demeaning and irritating. Then again, this is my own personal opinion. If you are offended by it, forgive me.

I am, i believe, very far from "gangsta". I do not do odd hand signs(aside from the Rock On), enjoy rap, or take part in most, if anything, associated with the "gangsta" style. As such, I have been labeled unattractive by the "popular" female members of society and have joined the ranks of those like me.

I wear dark blue jeans and always at least two black articles of clothing, speak eloquently and with what is deemed "proper" English. I do not treat women with disrespect unless they truly deserve it and cannot stand to see a female harmed unless, again, they truly deserve it. I bow, I have learned to waltz, enjoy rock and actually do enjoy classical music. I enjoy getting my ear pierced(because, in my opinion, it looks sexy), and I am currently waiting until I am 18 to get a tatoo. I have long-ish hair and find wearing armbands or sweatbands purely annoyin. I wear wristbands occaisionally and almost always two necklaces. One of them reads "To be broken by love", the 2nd part to a heart necklace my GF owns and an rather cool Celtic pendant I found.

So, the girls in here that enjoy the aforementioned "gangsta" style attractive and ones like my own unattractive, I ask you.

Why?

Dislcaimer: If this is stereotypical, which I am almost sure it is, you have my sincerest apologies. I am trying to get a question answered, not start something.

First- Your style of choice sounds very sexy in my opinion.

Second- I do not think the "gangsta" style is very...."becoming"

jamietl

after the reading through this entire thread, i have to agree with nearly every comment in here. particually about angelofdestiny's point at the very beggining; over here in the uk, wherever you look, you get so called "gangstas" shouting "what the **** are you looking at", you end up with people following you with the intention of forcefully trying to raid your wallet, well im sorry, but do they really think they'll get rich or die trying. they plan on making a living by prying on shoppers on christmas eve (which most of them do), to buy themselves a few cigarettes. plus as mentioned before, you get 11 or 12 year olds coming up to you thinking that they would be able to leave you bleeding on the pavement... not happening.
also as mentioned it is possible to find a good rap song but the cahnces of that are about 1 in 5000, about 3000 of the 5000 containing lyrics "baby girl, wanna get back to my house and get busy", swiftly followed by "baby boy i cant stop thinking about you". i should know i suffer every nearly every lesson that has the radio in it *cough, vibe fm, cough*.
and lastly there are girls as young as 14 or 15 having multiple kids, how do they expect to support, them? by teaching them how to beg at the shop corner....?
plus everything about guns annoys me completely. its like they take pride in blowing somebodys head off just because they said they had no money on them, they think they're strong carrying a few bullets in their pocket, all they do is aim and fire then thats that.

(by the way to the first question, i wouldn't know if they're attractive or not, but i would love to set some pants on fire... if i could get away with it).

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I find that the gangster look is really bad =/ I never understood how pants halfway down are comfortable x_X; Whatever.

I'm more of a prep myself so whatever >.>;

C

cam ron 77

comfortable? fashion isn't meant to be comfortable. heals aren't comfortable. and they aren't even halfway down. why are you making judgements out of exaggerations?

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
I've asked my friends if it was comfortable >.> According to them, it is. I can say what I want through experience.

And wtf are you talking about? Heels halfway down? I was referring to how pants nowadays are halfway down someone's ass.

Also, some fashion isn't meant to be comfortable. A lot of it is though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back