• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

To all the girls/women on this forum...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black_Star

Stylin' on Ya
I guess I'm the only one who actually likes rap(not the BS you see on TV). I personally don't like the "gangsta" style. It's just stupid.

I dont know who invented rap, because I lose beat because of the voice and the music.
The people how invented rap didn't dress like the ones today.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
I have to second alot of people who are saying that if you do it then your "cool". I personally cannot get away from this problem because I live in the heart of it DC. Over here if you don't dress like that or talk or atleast remembers verses to songs then you are classifyed as "not cool" or just "normal". And over here the only way to pick up alot of girls is by "pimping". And they don't really care if you treat them "badly" because they have no self respect and they walk around dressed like hoes and hookers. And now dressing like hoes and hookers is becoming the style for young girls over here. Oh yea and another thing it starting to take over everyone. I moved away from my old town and then came back to visit and everyone including my best friend was into this "stlye". So I believe it is taking over soceity and something needs to be done about it.

Last edited:

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Do I like the gangster thing? Erm, no. It is really stupid and retarded. It's even more pathetic here in the UK. People try to act like in they're in gangs and doing that just leads to more trouble. These "gangs" go around and do terrible things such as joyriding, throwing bricks at windows, etc. It always leads up to the police. I think we call them more like "hoodies" than "gangsters". Hoodies are our kind of gangster thing in the UK. And I tell you what, you need to distance yourself away from the hoodies. They're all trouble. So no, I hate that. I wouldn't even go out with a guy who was a hoodie or a gangster or anything bad like that.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I just find it hilarious. I can't take gangstas seriously so I could never honestly find it attractive. Perhaps it's just the aura of wealth some gangstas give off...or that people get blinded by all the bling...

marafi

Hmm gangster style doesnt attract me nor do i dislike it. Well if you think some girls like guys cos they are gangster then maybe.. It really depends on the girl. but i actually dont mind..aslong as the guy doesnt get me killed or kidnapped im fine about it. But well it doesnt annoyed me cos hmm im used to it. And the rap music well its okay. aslong as it doesnt have too much swear words in it..or give me a head ache..

Faith Crest

Worst birthday ever.
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Enchanted Rose said:
I just find it hilarious. I can't take gangstas seriously so I could never honestly find it attractive. Perhaps it's just the aura of wealth some gangstas give off...or that people get blinded by all the bling...
I find it so funny, too, ER. Gangsters can never be taken seriously and yeah, I always seem to find myself unattracted whenever the topic is brought up. Remember not all gangsters have wealth, only some do. You know, gangsters remind me of one particular gangster we used to have in a TV program called Eastenders in the UK. That gangster was Johnny Allen and Eastenders delved into the topic of gangsters. It ruins lives. Allen had a daughter called Ruby and drove her away. Although gangster life isn't my style, I think it was funny to watch as he got beaten up by the Mitchells and taken to prison ...

Hey, ER. Do you watch Eastenders by any chance? Mind you, a lot of programs over here (they're known as soaps, bet you're wondering why) delve into everyday situations. You know, love, sex, family life, friends, etc ... so yeah, it's not for me. And the bling? People today think too seriously about having all the bling.

K

Kazeth

Ultima Keyblade said:
Being a girl, i find the "gangsta" thing retarded. No purpose but to give you a small amount of self esteem. I mean, what does talking funny, wearing clothes that don't fit, and all that make you seem cool? It doesn't. It just makes all us normal folk laugh.=\

explain to me what "normal" people are.

I'm not a gangster, but i like their style. I don't like rockers. it's as simple as that. you can't change someone's style just because you don't like it. I mean what's not to like about someone's clothes? or the way they talk. have4 you ever thought of it from the other people(s) point of view.

Hmm...this could turn into a debate...

snowdog

is a girl
Awards
n. 1. a place of settlement, activity, or residenc
Angelofdestiny, I know exactly what you mean, it is worse in the UK.

It's getting pathetic over here with all these "Gangsta" wannabes, trying to prove they're tough through random acts of violence, trying to keep up a bad reputation, wandering around in hoodies to look tough, finding it hilarious to torture others... it was stupid to begin with, and it's getting even worse.

Oh yeah, back on topic ^^;

As a girl, I'm not really a fan of it. It's irritating, obnoxious and dumb. Trying to follow others and be part of the "in" crowd isn't really something that I find attractive.

Neither is referring to girls as "bitches" or "hoes". That's the worst. The sad part is, these guys still manage to get girls because being a "Gangsta" is the "cool" thing to do right now.

Here's hoping for the trend to pass. Soon.

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
Man this thread is getting sidetracked. I think only like 5 have answered BN's question.

Kazeth said:
explain to me what "normal" people are.

I know you're not addressing me but I'll answer.

These people are trying to act "gangster" and that in itself is not considered normal because that is not the standard. I don't think the majority consider the gangster style normal therefore those that think they are "gangster" would not be considered normal.

I'm not a gangster, but i like their style. I don't like rockers.
What does this have to do with the thread?

it's as simple as that. you can't change someone's style just because you don't like it.
Hmm did I miss a post? I do not recall someone saying we should change the gangster style because we do not like it.

have you ever thought of it from the other people(s) point of view.
Thought about what?

I mean what's not to like about someone's clothes? or the way they talk.
I'll input my thought as well. I myself could not careless about how they dress. if they find it comfortable or like it, they should wear whatever they please. The way "gangster" people talk is rather annoying to me. I can barely comprehend what some of the people in my school say because they do not complete sentences.
I dislike most gangster type people because they show a lack of intellect by the way they speak. Even though many of them are probably intelligent, it irritates me that they go to such lengths to fit in.

kairigirl

Bang!
Awards
Website
kemine.deviantart.com
Normal is in a viewer's standpoint. <-< It depends on culture and other stuff and when you get right into the nitty gritty, there is no agreed upon "normal" that everyone agrees with.

Now for the question. No, I don't really find it that attractive. Yet at the same time I can't say I've been around that many gangstas. When I pry would have been around them, I was too young to realize it. I pry was also around a few or had the chance too around Junior High and I was too ignorant to it. Now that I live in a small town, well, you don't have gangstas here. We've got Stoners and Jocks. Even then I still have troubles deciding who's who. Both groups smoke and do drugs, the Stoners just do it in the open. <-< I don't even really like stereotypes. I bet if you put me in front of a crowd of people and told me to point out all the different people (jock, gek, nerd, weirdo, stoner, gangsta, so on and so forth), I'd pry have troubles. Never was I good at labelling and never was I good at picking them out from the labels or giving them a label.

So as to whether or not I'm attracted to them I couldn't give you a straight answer, though from what it sounds like, I pry wouldn't. *shrugs* I fall for the gentleman of the world who show chivalry and politeness to women even if they don't deserve it.

silverdragon1615

abs of steel and sex appeal
Nice thread, I agree, for me when I see people who make horrible decisions, swear all the time, are disrespectful to teachers and take advantage of girls get them all and the nice guys who are respectful be knocked in the dust, it really pisses me off.

C

cam ron 77

am i attracted to gangsters? i like the style, yes, but to a certain extent.its really hard to answer.

theres different KINDS i guess, theres the poser type 'gangsters' who're stupid....and then there're REAL gangsters. if you mean to include real gangsters, pft, why have anything to do with them? the whole concept or whats cool and what isn't cool is what these people who choose to be attracted by these things look to. and that concept isn't meant to be thought over, its about whats IN and whats not IN. whats cool isn't necassarily smart and whats smart isn't necassarily cool.

Last edited:

super_ninja_star

you are the beautiful unicorn who leaps through th
Originally posted by kairigirl

I fall for the gentleman of the world who show chivalry and politeness to women even if they don't deserve it.

^^honestly, what girl doesn't appriciate a little bit of politeness? well as for me i don't really kno if i am attraced to the whole "gangsta" look. at least i haven't been before. most of the "gangsters" i've met are some pretty rude individuals. but still that can go for anyone. but if ur asking about the whole "look" of it, and not the personality, i can't say i love it. im tired of guys trying to just walk around and having to hold their freakin pants up. i mean im better off with a five year old.

insanehikari

Website
memorybeyond.phpnet.us
For the record, I'm SO not gangsta.(loli for president >:D YES. *brick'd*) And I SO don't dig guys. *smacks with parasol*
Buuut...
You can always count on Baltimore to have self-proclaimed gangstas. Someone is always getting shot over stupid crap, you don't even bat an eye at it anymore- It's like, "Okay, who's in the hospital/dead this week? QUICKLY- to the obituaries!!" And hope you don't see anyone you know. :/ Unlikely though- it's usually someone you at least recognize.

I don't find it particularly attractive at all- bad posture, excessive profanity, and oh my gosh the bathrooms are always filled with smoke to the point where you can smell it down the hall. They always smell like...whatever they happen to be on at that moment. Even better, they try to cover it up with some kind of perfume/cologne. Imagine the stink.
The girls might actually be cute if they put on some clothing and quit smoking everything in existance. ~_~ Put down the meth, hon. Toss out the crack. Get a life, and hope you don't lose it by the time you're 18.
The guys need to pull up their pants. Seriously. I don't like to sit behind someone and see their underwear.

As for rap? There's a few gems hidden amongst the crap, but you have to whip out the microscope and search.

And the little kids that are trying to be like that? They're laughable. Completely hilarious- it's like a comedy act with 11-13 year olds trying to act like they're so hard. Go on, go down to West Inverness and get yourself shot. Idiot. Dx Your little "gang" will desert you once they realize that it can be more than baggy clothes, poor English, and mostly-crappy music.

I love when people can prove that manners and modesty do exist in this world. Things like "please" "thank you" and "excuse me" are virtually nonexistant. But don't get me wrong- I won't fall for someone who holds a door or walks me home. It takes a lot more than common courtesy to win me over. (I don't play hard to get, I AM hard to get. xD Nearly impossible, actually.)

</rant>
Peace out yo. >w<

edit: Oh yeah. People I do like? I always have a thing for the so-called losers. Not mallgawth/"freak"/punk/whateveryoucallems. They deserve an entire rant to themselves. Anyone who isn't afraid to do something else because of whatever's popular at the time is a winner. You don't really have that problem at my school, there's so many different kinds of people at a "center for the arts" highschool. But outside of that is a whole different story.

Last edited:

silverdragon1615

insanehikari said:
For the record, I'm SO not gangsta.(loli for president >:D YES. *brick'd*) And I SO don't dig guys. *smacks with parasol*
Buuut...
You can always count on Baltimore to have self-proclaimed gangstas. Someone is always getting shot over stupid crap, you don't even bat an eye at it anymore- It's like, "Okay, who's in the hospital/dead this week? QUICKLY- to the obituaries!!" And hope you don't see anyone you know. :/ Unlikely though- it's usually someone you at least recognize.

I don't find it particularly attractive at all- bad posture, excessive profanity, and oh my gosh the bathrooms are always filled with smoke to the point where you can smell it down the hall. They always smell like...whatever they happen to be on at that moment. Even better, they try to cover it up with some kind of perfume/cologne. Imagine the stink.
The girls might actually be cute if they put on some clothing and quit smoking everything in existance. ~_~ Put down the meth, hon. Toss out the crack. Get a life, and hope you don't lose it by the time you're 18.
The guys need to pull up their pants. Seriously. I don't like to sit behind someone and see their underwear.

As for rap? There's a few gems hidden amongst the crap, but you have to whip out the microscope and search.

And the little kids that are trying to be like that? They're laughable. Completely hilarious- it's like a comedy act with 11-13 year olds trying to act like they're so hard. Go on, go down to West Inverness and get yourself shot. Idiot. Dx Your little "gang" will desert you once they realize that it can be more than baggy clothes, poor English, and mostly-crappy music.

I love when people can prove that manners and modesty do exist in this world. Things like "please" "thank you" and "excuse me" are virtually nonexistant. But don't get me wrong- I won't fall for someone who holds a door or walks me home. It takes a lot more than common courtesy to win me over. (I don't play hard to get, I AM hard to get. xD Nearly impossible, actually.)

</rant>
Peace out yo. >w<

Thank you, I appreciate you saying that, for some reason most girls don't go for the polite, smart and nice guys anymore.

LIAR LIAR

This reminds me of some VH1 show I was watching about the lady hip-hop dancer's in all the rapper guy's videos...

They say all the time that they get hit on and stright out get asked by guys on the set to sleep with them. And if they say no they never get asked to work form them again...

And u would think those girls would like the gangster people but they dun even seem to like them.... although a few of them still liked them even after they treated them like that (>___>)

Sometimes gangster ppl might look cute or w/e but the only thing I think is attractive is maybe their confidence??

silverdragon1615

Oh my god I saw that, they would totally take advantage of them and these girls would talk about how degrading it was on how they would just say like want to go upstairs or something and have sex with them as well as constantly harrase them.

Veritas

Is Retired.
Website
www.myspace.com
These are views of a 15 year old male. I've been growing up with this stuff. Don't tell me that I don't know what rap is truly about. I've grown up listening to it and know many kids who are in love with it.

In response to BN's original question, I do not like the style at all. I am not bi or homosexual. I just think it's horrible. What is the point of pants that sag so much you have to hold them? I don't like the idea of all this "bling" and "ice" everywhere either. This, in my eyes, just screams, "Mug me." It's also not all that nice when it's even on your teeth.

Most these rappers who support this style are in no way role models. I find it hilarious to hear, "Yeah, he been shot like 4 times. He's bad." They probably got shot for some stupid reason. Troops get shot at overseas for us. Why not respect them? Here's another question: Have you heard a single popular rapper talk about a woman in a song like she's more than property? I haven't. These songs encourage nothing but stupid acts towards women and others. They even do stupid things like drugs. I'm straightedge by the way. If you don't know what that means, look it up. There are very few rapper that I respect. One such group is Gym Class Heroes. Look into their songs sometime. They actually have lyrics that don't offend me or have a bad message. I don't think that all rappers are bad. The ones that are popular today are though.

I hate how guys like me, who are kind and polite to girls, get overlooked for this gangsta jerk. Many gangsta guys that I've met are just out for sex. The girls who fall for them usually get dumped after they say that they don't want to have sex. I've seen it happen time and time again. Most of them act like jerks because that's how their role model acts.

They lack originality so they conform to a look that's not their own. This is another thing that irks me. Gangsta has an uniform. Look around. They all try to look similar, wear similar brands, and probably even shop at the same store. This is like trying to say that you're punk and wearing what you see everyone else wearing as a punk. You started no rebellion when you wear what everyone else wore. It's definitely not a statement when it's already been done numerous times.

I can rant on about this for a while, but I really don't feel like continuing. I'll conclude it with a short paragraph.

I hate this style. It needs to die. I believe that this is why so many older people have a bad look on us kids and part of the reason why so many countries have a bad view on us. What would you think of some guy holding his pants up and speaking in slang walked into your house? Would you respect him as much as a man wearing a nice suit who spoke with perfect english?

Crazy Diamond

Website
www.freewebs.com
Blackest Night said:
I wish to ask you a question.

How many of you actually like the "gangsta" style, personality, attitude and so forth? Do you find it attractive? Why?

As a bisexual male, I can say I do not find it attractive. I personally find it annoying, rude, obnoxious, demeaning and irritating. Then again, this is my own personal opinion. If you are offended by it, forgive me.

I am, i believe, very far from "gangsta". I do not do odd hand signs(aside from the Rock On), enjoy rap, or take part in most, if anything, associated with the "gangsta" style. As such, I have been labeled unattractive by the "popular" female members of society and have joined the ranks of those like me.

I wear dark blue jeans and always at least two black articles of clothing, speak eloquently and with what is deemed "proper" English. I do not treat women with disrespect unless they truly deserve it and cannot stand to see a female harmed unless, again, they truly deserve it. I bow, I have learned to waltz, enjoy rock and actually do enjoy classical music. I enjoy getting my ear pierced(because, in my opinion, it looks sexy), and I am currently waiting until I am 18 to get a tatoo. I have long-ish hair and find wearing armbands or sweatbands purely annoyin. I wear wristbands occaisionally and almost always two necklaces. One of them reads "To be broken by love", the 2nd part to a heart necklace my GF owns and an rather cool Celtic pendant I found.

So, the girls in here that enjoy the aforementioned "gangsta" style attractive and ones like my own unattractive, I ask you.

Why?

Dislcaimer: If this is stereotypical, which I am almost sure it is, you have my sincerest apologies. I am trying to get a question answered, not start something.
Well, to answer your question: I hate that. I think it's demeaning and disrespectful. A lot of the "gangstas" bearly know how to speak at all or how to dress. I hate the way they just look for the "big booty hoes". It's stupid really because the "big booty hoes" to them are usually the skinny ass prick girls who are pretty retarded like themselves. This generation is going to crap. The intellectuality on our generation is putty now. The music all sets the need for retardnation.

By the by, not only this fad annoys me but the damned "emos". They just.....need to all kill themselves really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back