• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

To all the girls/women on this forum...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackest Night

High Priest of Sloanism
Depends upon the day and if there is free pizza.
I wish to ask you a question.

How many of you actually like the "gangsta" style, personality, attitude and so forth? Do you find it attractive? Why?

As a bisexual male, I can say I do not find it attractive. I personally find it annoying, rude, obnoxious, demeaning and irritating. Then again, this is my own personal opinion. If you are offended by it, forgive me.

I am, i believe, very far from "gangsta". I do not do odd hand signs(aside from the Rock On), enjoy rap, or take part in most, if anything, associated with the "gangsta" style. As such, I have been labeled unattractive by the "popular" female members of society and have joined the ranks of those like me.

I wear dark blue jeans and always at least two black articles of clothing, speak eloquently and with what is deemed "proper" English. I do not treat women with disrespect unless they truly deserve it and cannot stand to see a female harmed unless, again, they truly deserve it. I bow, I have learned to waltz, enjoy rock and actually do enjoy classical music. I enjoy getting my ear pierced(because, in my opinion, it looks sexy), and I am currently waiting until I am 18 to get a tatoo. I have long-ish hair and find wearing armbands or sweatbands purely annoyin. I wear wristbands occaisionally and almost always two necklaces. One of them reads "To be broken by love", the 2nd part to a heart necklace my GF owns and an rather cool Celtic pendant I found.

So, the girls in here that enjoy the aforementioned "gangsta" style attractive and ones like my own unattractive, I ask you.

Why?

Dislcaimer: If this is stereotypical, which I am almost sure it is, you have my sincerest apologies. I am trying to get a question answered, not start something.

skilled keyblada

Firstly, I'd just like to say, i'm not homesexual or bisexual. I am a guy. But what you've said, Blackest Night, has got my attention.

I honestly couldn't care less if this offends any Gangsta's out there. The style is stupid, it's annoying, pathetic, rude, a pain in the backside, and to be honest, i'm sick of seeing it. It's ruining society.

I don't like Rap music; for the very reason of the idiots that actually rap. I like Rock music...actually, any music that's not ''rap/ hip hop.''

I get looked at differently at school because i'm not one of the fool's that wear their pant's half way down..... I don't try to keep a bad reputation with teachers, and alot of people know that I hate people who do.

Girls I know, aren't too into the gangsta style themselves, they don't find it attractive (thankgod) and overall, they're prety much against it.

I'm also curious to see the results of this thread.... obviously, I can't tell you if I find the gangsta style attractive since i'm not bisexual or homosexual.

Sterling_Silver

Dagadut.
I find that the whole gangsta thing is more fun to parody than to actually be. I know abuncha guys in gangs, but I can't say it looks that amazing; kids younger than me die 'cause of stupid fueds over school zones. The only thing I do like about the whole gangsta thing is the clothes. Not really how they're worn, but they are comfortable easy to skate in. :p

Dark Essence

Bronze Member
I've noticed that only "rockers"...hate how the "gangsta" people are. It's all a matter of opinion...is what I think it is. I bet the "gangstas" hate how the "rockers" are too!

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
Being a girl, i find the "gangsta" thing retarded. No purpose but to give you a small amount of self esteem. I mean, what does talking funny, wearing clothes that don't fit, and all that make you seem cool? It doesn't. It just makes all us normal folk laugh.=\

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not into the whole pop culture thing either. =P I only wear baggy jeans and listen to hip hop. But I dont "act it". <.< I think people who "act it" are retards.

T

tux_

I find the whole "gangsta" thing pretty friggon dumb. I'm not a rocker, nor am I into Hip hop/ rap. I do listen to rock, but you can't tell by looking at me.(Partly because I'm Hispanic) I do love classical/instrumental music, and for the most part I try to do good in school and try to maintain a good relationship with my teachers. However, there are those teachers that are... exceptions.
One of the main things about the "gangsta" style that makes me find them completely moronic and an insult to society is how demeaning they are to women. I don't call my girlfriends "hoes" nor do I keep them on a pimp leash. There is one thing I cannot stand, and that is treating a woman badly.
Unfortunately, most of the people in my school are into the whole gangsta thing and I usually get looked down upon for trying to be proper.
Most of the girls I hang out with find it stupid also.

Sweet Raine

so miserable is our love
Being a girl, i find the "gangsta" thing retarded. No purpose but to give you a small amount of self esteem. I mean, what does talking funny, wearing clothes that don't fit, and all that make you seem cool? It doesn't. It just makes all us normal folk laugh.=\

i second this. :\ the whole baggy pants thing, i frankly don`t want to see guys` underwear in the middle of the day. >_> especially when they have stupid little cartoons on them. -.- plus, they constantly pull their pants up infront of me which is really disguesting.

TheClamWhisperer

Vampire Fish
I actually have been wondering that myself. o.o

I do find the whole style to be somewhat stupid as well. I don't see how cursing constantly in music, wearing grills on your teeth, and spending tons of money on G-Unit shoes make you cool. I admit I do like some hip-hop songs that actually have emotional meaning, but the whole pointless songs filled with profanity annoy the hell out of me.

Many teenagers try to be 'gangsta' just to fit in with the popular crowd. My cousin used to be an Aerosmith, POD, and Linkin Park rocker, but she's turned into something she's not. It's annoying to witness. -.-

It disgusts me that people expect girls around 14 to go around with skirts that dont even cover their arse, and shirts with some disgusting logo on it xP Honestly, a girl can go to school in a pair of jeans, and a comfortable black T-shirt, and stupid, wannabes think she's a prude or something. >_>

skilled keyblada

Dark Essence said:
I've noticed that only "rockers"...hate how the "gangsta" people are. It's all a matter of opinion...is what I think it is. I bet the "gangstas" hate how the "rockers" are too!
I love rock music....... I dress tiday and have respect, so I dunno if i'm exactly a rocker. I DO have anger against alot of people, and this is where the ''gangsta'' crap comes in, I HATE everything about them, I hate their music...... ugh, It ticks me off trying to express how much I hate them; I'd love to watch them have a car crash and end up with permanent injury....as evil as that sounds, it's the only way I could express my hatred towards them.. Gangsta's are the only people I wouldn't have respect for if my life depended on it; they have no respect whatsoever for people like ME, who want a life and get a career, or just the people who want to live a HAPPY life. So, I guess in a way, that Rockers DO hate gangsta's..... if so, i'm one of them.

Ayumi

w00t!
skilled keyblada said:
I love rock music....... I dress tiday and have respect, so I dunno if i'm exactly a rocker. I DO have anger against alot of people, and this is where the ''gangsta'' crap comes in, I HATE everything about them, I hate their music...... ugh, It ticks me off trying to express how much I hate them; I'd love to watch them have a car crash and end up with permanent injury....as evil as that sounds, it's the only way I could express my hatred towards them.. Gangsta's are the only people I wouldn't have respect for if my life depended on it; they have no respect whatsoever for people like ME, who want a life and get a career, or just the people who want to live a HAPPY life. So, I guess in a way, that Rockers DO hate gangsta's..... if so, i'm one of them.

I agree 100% with everything u said

even right now im listening to Three days Grace"animal i have become"

S

Shadow Soldier

tux_ said:
There is one thing I cannot stand, and that is treating a woman badly.

Really? Because in that msn convo with me and my friend, you said to her and me that you ditch all your gf's because they get boring. So technically, you treat women badly.

The whole gangsta thing is stupid. Wearing jeans around the knees? How comfortable is that? I dont know who invented rap, because I lose beat because of the voice and the music.

T

tux_

Because in that msn convo with me and my friend, you said to her and me that you ditch all your gf's because they get boring. So technically, you treat women badly.

That was one girl, and I never treated her badly. How many times can a guy walk through Abercrombie&Fitch in a month before he goes crazy. If you're going to go on a date, try to vary where you go to. You don't go to the same place on a date 8 times in a row :3

S

Shadow Soldier

tux_ said:
That was one girl, and I never treated her badly. How many times can a guy walk through Abercrombie&Fitch in a month before he goes crazy. If you're going to go on a date, try to vary where you go to. You don't go to the same place on a date 8 times in a row :3
Unless its starbucks because they always have something new.

And it doesnt matter if it was one person. The point is you said you ditch them because they get boring D:

T

tux_

Shadow Soulja said:
Unless its starbucks because they always have something new.

And it doesnt matter if it was one person. The point is you said you ditch them because they get boring D:

Never said that either. The girl that was in the convo with us jumped to conclusions and went stark crazy.

S

Shadow Soldier

Ya my bad, I thought a different thing when you said that. I explained to you on msn about it. LOL...

LuvKyou

Personally, I find it odd and slightly disturbing..especially with wannabes. I think it's horrible how they act like they're "all that". >_>..I mean...urgh. XD
I agree with UK and SK. I usually dislike rap songs unless they actually have something good to say, which is very rare. Frankly, 50 Cent, Nelly and the such are horrible rappers who should not be allowed to record albums. =P
And they should try to write songs about something better than a stupid "Candy Shop" >_>..IT RUINED LOLLY SHOPS FOR ME!!! Srsly.

I think that's all.

Byes~! =P

Dawning Twilight

The Egotistical Bastard
Making Out With DT Cause He's So Damn Sexy!
a lot of people seem to find the whole "gangsta style" stupid and i have to agree it gets kind of irritating after a while but there are people who enjoy acting "gangsta" and if they want to do so then i'm not going to tell them they can't. "let them do what they want to do and you do what you want to do" i guess is what i'm trying to say....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back