• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TNYgfx :// Assignment 1.5

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oathy

phantom thief
Awards
Website
vintage-aerith.deviantart.com
Hey all TNYgfx members. Our sort of first, sort of second assignment is finally here! Most of our members are done school, so this shouldn't be that difficult.

We already did "pressies", even without an official thread, so this is technially assignment 1.5.

What you have to do for this assignment is to dig up one of your first-ever graphics, or one you think is especially poor. You may then either:

1) Post it, and explain what areas needed help and how you think you've improved
or
2) Post it, REDO the graphic if possible with your new pwning skills, and post both the before/after results.

I will discuss a due date with Shiro-chan and *Oathkeeper* within the next 48 hours, but if you have nothing else to do, get busy!

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Sweetness! The only thing is that I still have finals this week and then I'm going away on friday and for the weekend and then I have to help out with graduation on Thursday all day...so yeah, I'm really busy ^^;;

darkriku14

beginning and end
shweet assignment! @__@ this will be fun, digging through old photobucket albums to look at really old sigs xD. good thing i finished my finals today D: *goes to start now*

edit: get done as soon as possible ;P

before:
axelsig2.jpg

my first sig. it burned my eyes, and the cutting was horrible. not to mention the text sucked and it had no flow to speak of, and it was quite empty.

after:
Axelsigrevision.png

after changing just about everything...xD

Last edited:

Mercury Rain

Just Another Star
oh gawd......my very first sig looks.......really bad. It'll be fun to try to edit it :D *evil laugh*

Sweet Raine

so miserable is our love
x.x thats gonna be hard to find through my photobucket. oh well. a challenge it is! >.> -goes off to old photobucket-

edit://

not my first; but a sig i did VERY poorly in XD [ i bet i win at ugliest sig. ]
SWcopy.jpg

what i needed help in;

almost EVERYTHING. looking at it actually burns my eyes. D: back then, i didn`t know what layers were, and all i used/and knew was brushing and brightness and contrast. I thought using stroke to my text made it look cooler. I was wrong. >_>;

how i think i`ve improved;

well, now i know what layers are. :p I don`t use as much brushing. (i think) I also now use alot of textures and now love the pen tool. XD. very aware of text choice and i don`t use the text strokes.

Last edited:

Epilogue

killjoy princess
This will be fun. ^-^ I think I can still edit mines. <3 Looking forward to see what everyone else can do. xD

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
Ahh! First sig?! I don't remember which one that is. XD *rummages through graphics folder* This will be fun! ^^

EDIT:// By redoing the graphic, that means using most of what was done but changing the execution, right? Because most of my oldest sigs were extremely plain and huge.

Hanatori

I will BUUURN MY DREAAAAD
Website
tsuikai.deviantart.com
Before:
banner.png

After:
sora002.png

What I needed help in-
Didn't adjust brightness/contrast or used too much Gaussian Blur... No sharpen, REALLY BIG SIG XD Needed something other than a gradient and a pattern. I probably thought that transparency was nifty, though I cut out the stock with the magic wand... >_>;

How I think I improved-
Still using gradients, gradients are good indeed. Adjusting stock image, especially contrast, colors, and quality. I'm conscious of layers, that is, making things as non-flat as possible. Aware of font choice and color balance a bit more, too. And I don't use huge random sizes anymore. Yay! ^^ But the most important thing is I look at things over again and see what things I need to improve, what things I may consider changing. Just now I spotted some wacky things in the second tag. :D

*sigh* It looks too much of a drastic change.

Chihiro

&#9734; birth by sleep;
...oh god, here is my first signature ever...it doesn't even have a border x_X

Namine_Siggy3.jpg

Improvements: EVERYTHING. Will post with the updated version sometime later today or tomorrow ^-^

No, I am not a n00b and I know better than to double post, but Mozilla Firefox is stupid and makes the edit button not work >_> Anyway, here's my improvement from my first signature:

NamineSignature-1.png

I hope it looks ok, since it looks pretty good on my brother's computer...but meh, we'll see ^-^

Monkey

dick to a lot of people
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You guys have improved so much!! D:

monkehflare8pg.png

Before

friendsforever6uz.png

After

Edit: Woah T_T I dunno what happened to the sig. Bleh. I liked it. ._.

Darky Dee

CAPITAL H.I.M.
Awards
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
God. Permy came and reminded me that it was one of very first evar tags. Editing with an entry soon. :\

Edit: Updated peice.
morriganlol5dx.png

Uploading older peice. Will edit again. :3

morriagnol7ty.png

Last edited:

Raynie

a Mean cycle, Sir
Website
zombiekunoichi.deviantart.com
Just noticed this... *sweatdrops* ^^;;

I'll edit this then with my result, if I can find my first sig anyway n__n" *goes off to rummage through her compy*

EDIT: Well, I couldn't find my very first one... But it's close enough :3

TheEnding.jpg

Sorariku is this real old username I had for this other forum :3;;

Simpleandcleanrenewed.png

And here's the renewed version, follows same principle... SoraxKairi :3 And with the KHII version of Sora zooming above the water piccy, on the sides, instead of the Deep Dive one like the old siggy.

Last edited:
Back