• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TMV and ORLG Discussion

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faris

Perfect Harmony
We used to have a thread for this back before the forums got done up a while back. And, if I recall correctly it was a pretty active thread in the music section. So I thought why not bring it back.

Anyways its a thread about The Mars Volta and anything related e.g. Omar Rodriguez Lopez Group, De Facto etc etc.

Lately Volta have started playing live shows again and it was confirmed that all the stuff that the Omar Group was doing live, featuring Volta singer Cedric, was in fact new Mars Volta for an album expected out early 2012.

Have a look.

Also, this is my own opinion, but I can't help that while music like this is still being made that the 'music is dead' debate cannot continue.

Enchanted Rose

worst behaviour
I can't access whatever you posted, but I'm excited about this.

The Mars Volta are incomparable in my mind, and whilst not everything they make is perfect, it just always seems to come together amazingly.

I still haven't got through their back catalogue though...and I haven't seen them live, though it would be orgasmic.

Zexilicious

I take a potato chip and EAT IT!
Eating Rosebud Frozen Green Peas. Full of Country
I love The Mars Volta and anything really that has Omar Rodriguez Lopez's name on it.

It's strange how a band can be so true to their roots but at the same time be so different with each new release they make. To me, The Mars Volta and Portugal. The Man are some of the best bands around right now because they can just have such a different style to each album, but always have something there that will please everyone.

Of course though, my favorite album is De-loused in the Comatorium. It's just perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back