• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Timeless river and time travel

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingroxas

Awards
Replaying over kh2 today (not 2.5) I came across the timeless river world which does not use the standard laws of time travel as explained by young mx in kh3d, can someone help here?

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
The door method is something different altogether, Xehanort's rules only apply to that type of time-travel, but Merlin is a time-traveler in the Disney movie as well as pretty much all Arthurian canon.

So essentially, Merlin's powers are literally exceptional.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
The door method is something different altogether, Xehanort's rules only apply to that type of time-travel, but Merlin is a time-traveler in the Disney movie as well as pretty much all Arthurian canon.

So essentially, Merlin's powers are literally exceptional.

Pretty much this. I sincerely doubt Merlin's time traveling powers will be touched upon any further than the secluded use it had on KH2.

Kounelli

Awards
I've actually wondered how Timeless River works myself, is it really a place from the past or just an alternate reality which Merlin has access to? I know the cornerstone was shown to originate from there, which signifies that Timeless River could have been in the past, but it just seems so out of place.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I remember KH Mysteries' explanation on it... Timeless River is not an actual time travel experience.
It's more like... a bubble where time has stopped, accessible through Merlin's magic.
We can see that it holds a lot of differencies (characters from the "present" mantains their bodies, you can actually rewrite past events that affect the present), plus Sora can reach that place without having a version of himself at the arriving point.
And you cannot explore other places at your leisure, but only inside the bubble's perimeter (although I think that's also the world's design limitation)

So yeah, no time travelling as Xehanort does, but using a portal to visit a specific area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back