• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Time Travel or Human again

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
In DDD many of the former org members returned as humans thanks to fanserv- er....I mean a process called 'recompletion'.
The process that causes the heart which has become a heartless and the body+soul which has become a nobody (under the condition one was formed, they're rare after all) to be freed and reviving the person they were whole once again.

It's clear that, at the very least, Xehanort has returned in some form thanks to this but he wasn't the only Xehanort to return.
Thanks to Ansem giving YX the time travel power he gained from MX many more returned leaving the question of who's past or present.

But Xehanort wasn't the only one revealed, Xigbar and Isa also were shown being among MXs seekers. However whether they were human again or from the past isn't clarified.

So with that said I thought it'd be fun to ask my fellow members; "Do you think their human or from the past?"
And while I'm on the subject would you rather all the seekers be from the past or some past & some human?

Also let's try not to fall into a "this time travel confuses me" or "time travels is dumb!". This is about what you believe Xigbar, Isa and the other seekers are not the truly dumb mechanic introduced to bring YX, Ansem & Xemnas back into the fold.

Last edited:

Sdog

Awards
As for Isa, Braig, and the other seekers I believe they are whatever their current ages would be in the time-line. They seem to be up with their Kh-2 appearances as opposed to their BBS ones. The same going for Lea, even though (spoilers) he with the good guys now =D. The only thing that leaves it to question is does 'recompletion' bring the original person back to who they were when being separated or back to where they would be in the time line?

The thing that contradicts it is MX coming back to how he was at the time of BBS with Ansem SOD and Xemnas being present as well, which could be time traveled Xehanorts but I won't get into that as per your request =p.

In short my assumption would be once someone's heartless and nobody have been dealt with their 'recompletion' brings them back to human state of when they were initially separated. Unless Nobody's can age? =o....

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
While I'm not sure about Xigbar, I want to put Isa as from the present and not the past, mainly because I felt in his brief appearance when he attacked Lea he was very...not there. Like the nortification has finally taken full control (and yeah, I know Xehanort was probably controlling him, but I still feel like if it was Isa from the past he would have said something besides staring at Lea.)

I'm not sure I'd put Ansem and Xemnas' appearance in DDD as time travel either. It's hard for me to pinpoint why, but I do feel like they act differently from their other appearances, especially Ansem. I'd kinda want to put this Ansem being from after Ansem the Wise's deus ex machina exploded him out of Riku.
Both him and Xemnas might have just gone to the RoS when they were killed. Maybe.

Now as to whether I want all the Seekers to be from the past, present or both, I've probably said this before, but I want Young Xehanort to be the only one from the past. Ansem and Xemnas can be brought back by having Xehanort insert their hearts into Replicas. Or have them be in the RoS and pull them out. Or have Apprenticenort return for inexplicable reasons and have him release his heart (or hearts now, I guess) to bring them back.
Xigbar and Isa also being from the present because I see no reason for them to be around because of time travel.

For the unknowns, same as the above. We have plenty of characters from the present that could easily be seekers so I don't a reason for time travel.

One silly little thing I'll say, though, is at this point I'm picturing that Xehanort doesn't actually have enough people to make 13 so he's just bring himself from various points in his life to fill out the Org.

EDIT: Silly me, I keep forgetting that I want KHI Riku to one of the Seekers so Riku can beat the stuffing outta him. It'll be very therapeutic for Riku to beat up his former self.

Last edited:

Antifa Lockhart

Awards
In short my assumption would be once someone's heartless and nobody have been dealt with their 'recompletion' brings them back to human state of when they were initially separated. Unless Nobody's can age? =o....

They can, and have. Ienzo is a prime example of this as he was a child upon his separation, aged as a nobody and was recompleted as an adult. Though, it should be noted that it was likely because he had grown a replacement heart. There are a lot of variables to this, so it's almost impossible to nail down specifics, especially in the case of Master Xehanort.

Ansem and Xemnas were time-traveling, they were hand in hand with Young Xehanort who was gathering them across time. That was his purpose.

As for Xigbar and Saix, I'm confident that they were their recompleted versions as they weren't there when the others woke in Radiant Garden. Didn't Nomura go into this in the Ultimania? I feel like he did.

Zebedy

Awards
As for Xigbar and Saix, I'm confident that they were their recompleted versions as they weren't there when the others woke in Radiant Garden. Didn't Nomura go into this in the Ultimania? I feel like he did.
Yeah, he did, in the main interview:

KH3D Ultimania said:
— Xigbar and Saix appeared as members of Organisation XIII. Did they return as humans like Lea and the others?Nomura: The conditions of becoming a human have been met, so you’d think they had returned, wouldn’t you? For them to have been with Xehanort and the others, perhaps they were collected after they had become humans and before Lea and the others woke up. You could say the same for the members of Organisation XIII that didn’t appear in this title, however… I’d rather everyone use their imaginations.

I don't think they'd bother with them being Time Travel versions anyway, when they have an easier out of them simply being recompleted like the other RG members. Plus, you also have Lea's narrative thread in this game being that after he woke up he went searching for the human Isa, only to find him at the end with Xehanort.

digimikej

Awards
why does it have to be one or the other? xehanort has slots to fill. he could have xigbar, saix, isa, and braig. just have YX take the nobodies all in one fell swoop at an orginazation meeting or something, and add the recompleted ones to the mix, and you have 4 slots filled.

Zebedy

Awards
why does it have to be one or the other? xehanort has slots to fill. he could have xigbar, saix, isa, and braig. just have YX take the nobodies all in one fell swoop at an orginazation meeting or something, and add the recompleted ones to the mix, and you have 4 slots filled.
I doubt they're going to go down that route. Otherwise why not just have the entire roster filled with just Master Xehanort from various points in time. Baby Xehanort, Tween Xehanort, Teen Xehanort, Young Adult Xehanort, Adult Xehanort, and so on. While technically possible, I think they would avoid that for the sake of the narrative and player interest. It seems that each character/version will only appear once.

Draxem

Website
www.taystrippedbear.com
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KH3D Ultimania
— Xigbar and Saix appeared as members of Organisation XIII. Did they return as humans like Lea and the others?
Nomura:
The conditions of becoming a human have been met, so you’d think they had returned, wouldn’t you? For them to have been with Xehanort and the others, perhaps they were collected after they had become humans and before Lea and the others woke up. You could say the same for the members of Organisation XIII that didn’t appear in this title, however… I’d rather everyone use their imaginations.

Wait wait wait, is nomura implying some of the other original org members are in on it in DDD? I know most of them are unlikely but that looks like a hint to me

Zebedy

Awards
Wait wait wait, is nomura implying some of the other original org members are in on it in DDD? I know most of them are unlikely but that looks like a hint to me
I think he more meant that you could say that the other members were also recompleted and became human. Not that you could say they are part of the new Organization. I mean it's certainly possible some of them are, I just think that's not what he was trying to say with that line. He's had a similar stance for years now about whether or not we'll see the other members (like Demyx, Luxord, etc). Essentially "They could come back as humans, but I'd rather people just use their imaginations for now".

ChibiHearts249

Trapped in the Source Filmmaker
Awards
Haha, were debating a foggy subject about a foggy game! X'D

I dunno. Maybe it's got something to do with how much they've aged mentally (or in the heart) since they became nobodies. Perhaps various "changes of heart" during their time spent with proxy hearts, or their shift in opinions determines the state of their being.

Makes me think of Wolverine in the newer X-Men movie. He could visit the past as himself cuz he was pretty much EXACTLY the same. Well, Xehanort's opinions haven't changed, so maybe that's why his physical appearance hasn't..? And HAS...

So what I'm saying is: a person's state of mind (heart) from when they were separated, MIGHT or might NOT differ from when they were reconstituted. That factor may decide their appearance. Kinda like whether they matured or not towards darkness or light.
If that helps. At all. In ANY way. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back